Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It's on the edge of a lake on the map...

It's second most eastward city on the above. It most definitely sits on the edge of a Lake/River. You can even see the sundial in the official map of the region.
But the Youtuber than points out if its a river shouldn't we see the other side which looks to be a desert/mountain area. However in the game all you see if an open ocean with several islands (apparently there's eight of them).

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
so it's a mistake/they decided they didn't want to render all that extra terrain in a big town already heavy with high-poly models (not to mention XY's engine is already shitty, I mean come on it lags when you rollerskate through the grass in the safari zone), they probably wanted to scrimp and save. Seems to me the dude took a teeny detail from the game and blew it out of proportion, especially when the literal region map already shows us what's what

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
so it's a mistake/they decided they didn't want to render all that extra terrain in a big town already heavy with high-poly models (not to mention XY's engine is already shitty, I mean come on it lags when you rollerskate through the grass in the safari zone), they probably wanted to scrimp and save. Seems to me the dude took a teeny detail from the game and blew it out of proportion, especially when the literal region map already shows us what's what
I was a bit skeptical as well. Now I still find it off they didn't cover it some other way, however his theory that we're looking into a portal doesn't seem right since whenever we encountered a portal we've seen the gold ring border. Unless the ring is so massive it goes beyond our character's sight (though you'd also think someone would have notice in the city) it seems like a bit of a mystery (if this isn't just a mistake/short cut, though if it was why put those islands there?).

It's on the edge of a lake on the map...

It's second most eastward city on the above. It most definitely sits on the edge of a Lake/River. You can even see the sundial in the official map of the region.

If that's a lake, then it's a really big lake. :P

Now I personally didn't say I believed his theory, I just never noticed it, though I do think his theory is probably the best I've seen so far, it's kinda out there and there's holes in it like Karxrida said.
Seems to me the dude took a teeny detail from the game and blew it out of proportion, especially when the literal region map already shows us what's what
Every single theory so far is basically that. I mean people in this thread were theorizing that Red was going to play some part in these games just because a trainer that kinda looked like him was in the concept art.

Regarding Sun and Moon themselves, I'm actually becoming increasingly convinced that Zygarde will play an important role in these games along with Xerneas and Yveltal themselves. Zygarde might become a very prominent figure in Sun and Moon's story, and this generation will almost definitely be a GSC esque game to X and Y and will be connected to Gen 6 in some way or another. Also, speaking of which:

Feast your eyes on Perfect Zygarde, everyone! We saw this long ago, but look at its chest. ITS CHEST: TAKE A CLOSE LOOK. Look closely, and you shall see: Pokemon Sun and Moon is evident there. Pokemon Sun and Moon's color schemes are red-orange and dark-light blue. Zygarde's chest has Pokemon Sun's red-orange color and Pokemon Moon's dark-light blue-white color as a line across its own chest! This is in addition to its appendages being X blue and Y red, but Pokemon Sun and Moon's color schemes are there, right on Perfect Zygarde's chest. I could be wrong, but I think this is proof that our beloved Zygarde formes will play a strong role in Gen 7 and Pokemon Sun and Moon. Zygarde is highly likely to be extremely prominent to Sun and Moon's story from my perspective. I think we shall see Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, as well as AZ's Floette, enter fruition in Sun and Moon as well. Perfect Zygarde is becoming a piece of evidence that we may see Sun and Moon have a strong connection to X and Y, and it's possible that Kalos will be in Sun and Moon as well, even if we don't see it as the primary region.

So yes, I'm certain Zygarde is in the same level of legendaries as Xerneas and Yveltal as well as all the other box legends. It's no ordinary legendary Pokemon like those bird or dogs. And it will be storyline relevant in these games, I'm sure. Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves, Light of Ruin, and AZ's Floette might actually become legal here in Gen 7, as well as the Zygarde formes too.

That's just my thoughts regarding some of this.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Masuda once said that "[...] and instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways." Because ORAS happens simultaneously with Gen1, did he mean by this the movie/tv special with ZyGod?
But personally, I can totally image GF using a legendary in more than just one generation. And the color of the cores is a very plausible argument. Also, fiddling with sun and moon stuff -> that just screams "ecosystem in danger". ZyGod to the rescue!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
(if this isn't just a mistake/short cut, though if it was why put those islands there?).
I can reasonably see them being there just to break up the horizon a little. Or perhaps Anistar City/the sundial was originally planned to be in another place on the map.

Bram316 it was a 2014 interview with Gamespot. Full paragraph with that quote:
"There's been a lot of demand from people to remake Ruby/Sapphire on social media, for example," he said. "Right now really felt like a good time to do it, and instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways."
Seems to me that he was talking about XY tying in with ORAS in that context.

Found at:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945/

Hey did you hear about the Pokemon s and m reburst theory. If you haven't heard the pokemon reburst manga had this special item call a burst heart which allowed the humans to fuse with the pokemon inside the burst heart. Some people say that the diamond in the s and m japanese logos are burst hearts and that you will be able to fuse with your pokemon in the games. To me this is a load of BS, I know fusing with your pokemon sounds really cool, but that is just going to get weird. I would like your opinions on this weird topic.
By weird I mean guys fusing with gardevoir weird

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So fyi, Coro Coro is probably gonna leak within the next couple of days. I personally wouldn't expect too much info though, since last time during a new generation's hype cycle, Nintendo would usually beat corocoro to the punch if anything big was revealed. I guess the big exception was Mega Evolution.

That being said, we could get something cool like Volcanion distribution information, and maybe some more information on Magearna.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Hey did you hear about the Pokemon s and m reburst theory. If you haven't heard the pokemon reburst manga had this special item call a burst heart which allowed the humans to fuse with the pokemon inside the burst heart. Some people say that the diamond in the s and m japanese logos are burst hearts and that you will be able to fuse with your pokemon in the games. To me this is a load of BS, I know fusing with your pokemon sounds really cool, but that is just going to get weird. I would like your opinions on this weird topic.
By weird I mean guys fusing with gardevoir weird
1) Please put a little more effort into your writing. If you write like a kid, you'll be taken about as seriously as one. Your spelling is fine, but some capitalization wouldn't hurt.

2) Yes, it was talked about a lot.

3) Personally, I rather believe that certain Pokémon will get the option to gain some features from its trainer, à la Ash's Greninja. The Pokémon will remain a separate creature, but adopting the trainer's hair style, or have colours/patterns similar to his/her clothes, and so on. The customizable trainer model in XY uses basically the same code principles.

So fyi, Coro Coro is probably gonna leak within the next couple of days. I personally wouldn't expect too much info though, since last time during a new generation's hype cycle, Nintendo would usually beat corocoro to the punch if anything big was revealed. I guess the big exception was Mega Evolution.

That being said, we could get something cool like Volcanion distribution information, and maybe some more information on Magearna.
This is most likely, but I would say there may be a better chance of them talking about SuMo in some capacity. The games launch Holiday 2016, but we can be fairly safe in assuming October or November. (My personal guess is Nov. 4th) So with 8, maybe 9 corocoro issues 'til then, odds of them having news in most of those seems good (especially after the next movie releases.) Odds of April, or May, having a larger burst of info seems likely, since they will probably want us to know more by E3 in June.

If it does get discussed in this issue, then I wouldnt be shocked if they had better pictures of the concept art shown in the trailer... Or if they showed off the bird 'mon that was teased there. Nothing major, but at least they are mentioning that it was announce on the off chance someone reading corocoro somehow missed the big news. Edit: plus that would allow them to segue into mentioning there will be a lot more news next month.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
For XY, I seem to recall we got next to no info at all between January (initial announcement) and April or so. Then again, the initial announcement had a pretty substantial trailer, whereas this time we've only got the names of the games and a glimpse of a bird. I think the odds are good that we'll get something of substance in this CoroCoro, to keep the Internet hype alive. What we've seen so far isn't really much to go on, while we had a lot for XY before the drought period started.

For XY, I seem to recall we got next to no info at all between January (initial announcement) and April or so. Then again, the initial announcement had a pretty substantial trailer, whereas this time we've only got the names of the games and a glimpse of a bird. I think the odds are good that we'll get something of substance in this CoroCoro, to keep the Internet hype alive. What we've seen so far isn't really much to go on, while we had a lot for XY before the drought period started.
Was that the only drought of content though? If we got a steady, monthly trickle of info from April to XY's release in October then we shouldnt expect a drought this time around since, as you said, there's a difference in what was revealed in the SuMo trailer vs the XY one.

I also remember one gamefreak employee who - in 2015 - said the next pokémon game could have something to do with flowers. Any idea how it will blend in?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I also remember one gamefreak employee who - in 2015 - said the next pokémon game could have something to do with flowers. Any idea how it will blend in?
Well if the concept images are anything to go by the region looks to be a tropical one and tropical regions are well known for their exotic flowers.

I would love another grass type centered around flowers. Sure we have Shaymin but that has more to do with what flowers symbolize rather than their ecological function.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Florges is basically the closest you'll get to the concept of flowers and what they represent, and it's a gen 6 mon that also showcases a new type (Fairy).

Floette is the pre-evo and therein you have Floette-Eternal. Sounds like an interesting tie-in to correlate with the information the employee gave if anything, but even then it's a stretch.

Considering it's the 20th anniversary; it could also be a veiled reference to Bulbasaur; the first Pokémon in the Pokédex who of course is a flower. It could just be referring to the series celebrating 20 years.

On the lake/river/ocean by Anistar City:
The games themselves are never a perfect representation of the world they take place in. There are random floors in buildings we can't get to, there are whole buildings with no entrances or even a way to get to an entrance if there is one, major cities with population small towns laugh at, and even bodies of water that are oddly boxy. There is a point where you have to accept the official map of the region and use some imagination to fill the gaps.
It isn't an ocean.

If that's a lake, then it's a really big lake. :P
You've never seen the Great Lakes, have you?

Last edited:
On the lake/river/ocean by Anistar City:
The games themselves are never a perfect representation of the world they take place in. There are random floors in buildings we can't get to, there are whole buildings with no entrances or even a way to get to an entrance if there is one, major cities with population small towns laugh at, and even bodies of water that are oddly boxy. There is a point where you have to accept the official map of the region and use some imagination to fill the gaps.
It isn't an ocean.
You've never seen the Great Lakes, have you?
PokeCanada confirmed :P Maple Syrup typed Legendary Pokemon!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
A new Smartphone game was announced via the Japanese Pokemon YouTube Channel. It's apparently called 'Pokemon Comaster'
Serebii released more info, here's the basics:
  • It's called "Pokemon Co-Master/Koma Master".
  • It's a cooperative development with a development group called "HEROZ" who build AI for Chess & Backgammon games.
  • It's a strategic board game where you collect figures to build a deck (guess each figure has a correlating card?) and defeat your opponent. Each figure has its own attribute.
  • It's 1 player but has online play.
  • It's a "free to play" and will have online purchases.
  • It's for iOS and Android devices.
Kind of reminds me of a spinoff game for the Dragon Age games called "Heroes of Dragon Age".

Hmm, so this I think the second Pokemon game to be on mobile devices. Has any other Nintendo franchise been put on a mobile yet? I know it was announced they plan on doing so, but so far I can only remember Pokemon announcing any.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Serebii said it's actually Koma Star or something.

Is it just me, or have we been getting a lot of spin-off announcements recently? I mean it makes sense for Pokémon to pave the way for Nintendo's mobile market, but I still find it a bit... overused? Overwhelming? It's over-something, and I'm not sure I'm liking this.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Serebii said it's actually Koma Star or something.

Is it just me, or have we been getting a lot of spin-off announcements recently? I mean it makes sense for Pokémon to pave the way for Nintendo's mobile market, but I still find it a bit... overused? Overwhelming? It's over-something, and I'm not sure I'm liking this.
Bulbapedia says it's Co-Master. @~@

As for all the spin-offs, I don't know. Pokemon is certainly one of Nintendo's most adaptable franchises, it's core essence is collecting monsters and them having do something for you. But why so many in a short time, especially with an announcement of a new main series games (a new gen at that with new Pokemon), is I would say a bit overwhelming. Not only so much Pokemon stuff is being flung at us but they're of different genres. RPG, tourny fighter, matching game, and now a board game. I'm all for Pokemon expanding into different markets, but kind of wish they'd take it one at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)