Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Users like Most and Buckert RNG abuse Ditto in the previous gen games, transfer them to 6th gen, then clone and give them away to people who ask. Breeding in this gen is far easier because 5 IV's from both parents will be passed to the offspring at random if one of the parents is holding Destiny Knot. (leaving the other to hold an Everstone to pass its nature) Offspring of hacked parents are considered hacked themselves, but the hack checks only really catch the really obvious stuff. Also, VGC rules require your Pokemon to be caught or hatched in the current generation, as marked by a blue pentagon in the status screen.
So that being said, offspring will pass hack checks? What is considered 'obvious' stuff? I mean, if I'm going to rebreed the Pokemon that are already EV trained and nature bred, I'm obviously going to be doing this as conveniently as possible (i.e. hacked Ditto) seeing as the originals weren't hacks themselves. Also, what exactly is Destiny Knot? The TM? Or is it a new item?

So that being said, offspring will pass hack checks? What is considered 'obvious' stuff? I mean, if I'm going to rebreed the Pokemon that are already EV trained and nature bred, I'm obviously going to be doing this as conveniently as possible (i.e. hacked Ditto) seeing as the originals weren't hacks themselves. Also, what exactly is Destiny Knot? The TM? Or is it a new item?
Destiny bond is the move, destiny knot is a new item (you tube can show you how to find it -Sea Mawile after repeated battles I think) it will pass on 5ivs randomly from either parents (not just the parent that is holding it) therefore if you have a ditto 6iv and a flawless parent you'll have a 1/6 chance of getting your 5iv offspring (other parent will be holding everstone to pass nature)

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Well if you have the patience for soft resetting you can have one for free as long as you give me a copy of the poke. A bold HP Ice Zapdos is at the top of my list.
It's ok, I am already doing a SR for someone else and I don't have much time for it as it is :P 2 projects would be too much

Can anyone here trade me a female Hippopotas on a safari ball?

IV and nature doesnt really matter, thanks ^_^

Last edited:
Destiny Knot is that old item that inflicted the Attract status on a Pokemon if its holder got hit with it, but it gained this actually useful effect in this generation. You can acquire it a few ways in X and Y, or from a rematch battle with the Young Couple on the Sea Mauville in OR/AS. (save before you rebattle them so you can soft reset if you don't get it from them)

Obvious stuff would be like 6IV shiny Pokemon, Pokemon in balls that they can't legally be caught in, (like Heavy Ball Tyrunt) etc. Stuff that would pretty quickly seem suspicious. Some things to consider are that male and female Pokemon can pass egg moves down, (and still pass them down until taken out of the Day-Care, even if they've forgotten them while in there) and males have a small chance of passing their Hidden Ability down to the offspring if they're breeding with a Ditto.

Does anyone have a...hold on let me get it right...male jolly HA mienfoo? It seems kinda specific I guess, but from my understanding I can't breed and get reckless on a mienshao unless it's a female that has reckless with a ditto. Is that right?

Does anyone have a...hold on let me get it right...male jolly HA mienfoo? It seems kinda specific I guess, but from my understanding I can't breed and get reckless on a mienshao unless it's a female that has reckless with a ditto. Is that right?
You are getting a little mixed up there. A female with its HA has a 50% chance (I think) of passing down its ability when bred with any pokemon in its egg group. A HA male can only pass down it's ability when bred with a ditto and I believe it only has a 20% change of doing so.

You are getting a little mixed up there. A female with its HA has a 50% chance (I think) of passing down its ability when bred with any pokemon in its egg group. A HA male can only pass down it's ability when bred with a ditto and I believe it only has a 20% change of doing so.
Are you sure? Because I remember the rules being different from gen V to gen VI, but honestly I don't know. Well, assuming you're right, does anyone have a female jolly HA mienfoo? :)

Just in case people are unaware:

"The Jirachi event is now available on Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games. This event is available through Mystery Gift > Receive Gift > Get Via Internet and gives you the Mythical Pokémon Jirachi, which can't be found in the wild. This event is only running through to April 24th so get while you can."

Are you sure? Because I remember the rules being different from gen V to gen VI, but honestly I don't know. Well, assuming you're right, does anyone have a female jolly HA mienfoo? :)
Yes, I'm sure. I think they were different in 5th gen because back then only males could have the hidden ability through the dream radar? Though I could be wrong as I never used it. I'd offer to catch you one but just checked and I don't have any mienfoo in any of my friend safaris sorry.

Last edited:
female is generally superiror over male now in 6th gen .

Since you can pass down HA, egg move and BALL with a female .

you don't need a ditto ~

Last edited:

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Lol been SRing for literally 5 minutes and got this.

29/17/31/31/31/31 Modest Jirachi.

Yes, this might seem like it's a no-brainer keep but I am kinda having doubts. Is Modest Jirachi seen as viable? Seems like the Special defensively and scarfed sets are the ones with any use at the moment. And while this seems petty, that 29 HP IV seems not good... lol

So, citizens of the SQR thread... keep or no keep?

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Yes, this might seem like it's a no-brainer keep but I am kinda having doubts. Is Modest Jirachi seen as viable? Seems like the Special defensively and scarfed sets are the ones with any use at the moment. And while this seems petty, that 29 HP IV seems not good... lol

I say Keep; it could work with a surprise LO set or something; its a shame that it doesn't have HP Ground though.

Life orb number with good stats and good nature seems like a keep. Although I could understand why you would toss. Keep in mind though if you toss you have to get something better than that or you should try to. What you got is already pretty impressive in my book lol.

I was SR for Jolly/Careful Jirachi, but just got this:
Calm 31/10/31/31/31/30

IV's are great, but I don't know about Calm. What do you guys think? Keep or toss?

I do have another one to SR on my X, though... So maybe I should keep it?

I was SR for Jolly/Careful Jirachi, but just got this:
Calm 31/10/31/31/31/30

IV's are great, but I don't know about Calm. What do you guys think? Keep or toss?

I do have another one to SR on my X, though... So maybe I should keep it?
Not convinced about the imperfect speed... Might want to wait for another opinion, but toss in my book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)