Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Id liked a hidden ability (simple) female in a fancy fitting ball... =P Maybe a great ball! But I wouldn't want to trouble you!
Well I wanted to capture myself one in a Dive Ball, so if that works for you, I can capture a HA Female Woobat in Dive for you.

Buckert

Sounds good to me. =] I'll breed you a perfect one from it if you like, timid with egg moves stored power, synchronoise, charm and helping hand
That would be really great! I just caught it, do you have time to receive it now?

Buckert

Absolutely, adding you and coming on now. ^_^

Appears we've been trading before =P already on each others lists!

**edit nr 3** I'll let you know when it's done!
Yeah, think that's still from the start of XY or something. :p And sure, very nice! :)

Cool! Let me know what you'd like, I could even breed up an imperfect of something that I don't have on-hand.
Well, I was going to give it for free because they're just taking up box space... but I checked your spreadsheet and saw the Ghastly and would like it if you have one with you. If that's gonna be troublesome; it's fine, you could put anything up on the GTS and I'll send it for free

Well, I was going to give it for free because they're just taking up box space... but I checked your spreadsheet and saw the Ghastly and would like it if you have one with you. If that's gonna be troublesome; it's fine, you could put anything up on the GTS and I'll send it for free
I didn't have any Gastly on-hand, but I've had a Moon Ball female from WT that I've been meaning to get around to for some time. Currently sorting out the offspring but I should be able to give you a female with at least 4 IVs too, plus I spliced in Perish Song and Disable. Will PM you in a bit!

If you're doing a -speed nature try to at least go for 2-0 speed. 14 is too high.
Really? What for? TR?

Are you telling someone to based their SR on the viability of TR supported defensive Dragonite? Really?

This is why people should really ask somewhere else, this type of comments are not helpful at all. Not all negative speed natures require 0-2 speed. Don't believe me? Check Mesprit's and Dialga's analysis for Gen 4. Mesprit's was Brave to go as a mixed attacker, Dialga was Quiet (early DP at least). Both of them had 31 Speed. Why? Because they still outspeed slow walls (such as Blissey, Bronzong, Forretress, etc). What's the point on Dragonite being outsped by Clefable, Conkeldurr, Skarmory?

edit: Swampert's utility set has Relaxed as listed nature. It does not want 0 Speed.

Please stop misinforming/discouraging soft resetters if you are just commenting on style points!!!

An imperfect Timid Hoopa is sooo much more valuable than a hexaflawless Impish Hoopa. That Dragonite was fine smh

Last edited:

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Really? What for? TR?

Are you telling someone to based their SR on the viability of TR supported defensive Dragonite? Really?

This is why people should really ask somewhere else, this type of comments are not helpful at all. Not all negative speed natures require 0-2 speed. Don't believe me? Check Mesprit's and Dialga's analysis for Gen 4. Mesprit's was Brave to go as a mixed attacker, Dialga was Quiet (early DP at least). Both of them had 31 Speed. Why? Because they still outspeed slow walls (such as Blissey, Bronzong, Forretress, etc). What's the point on Dragonite being outsped by Clefable, Conkeldurr, Skarmory?

edit: Swampert's utility set has Relaxed as listed nature. It does not want 0 Speed.

Please stop misinforming/discouraging soft resetters if you are just commenting on style points!!!

An imperfect Timid Hoopa is sooo much more valuable than a hexaflawless Impish Hoopa. That Dragonite was fine smh
You being this aggressive about your information isn't helpful at all either. Dialga also has/had a place in 2016 format with 0-5 Speed or 31, as did 'don and 'ogre for TR spreads. Cresselia has gone through that phase as well, the original poster asked if it was too high a speed for a -speed nature and for all intents and purposes it is mediocre regardless of if you're going for min speed or max (only other reason you'd go for another IV is creeping or outspeeding a specific threat).

While defensive TR non-HA Dragonite doesn't have a place anywhere currently that I know of and I personally believe it would be better suited to go for 31 (or close to) Speed IV's if you're accounting for a niche place in triples, rotations (maybe) or perhaps in doubles if you want to be cheeky about it - not only in Singles. You could've presented your information way better than that.

Please stop discouraging people to learn better soft resetting habits and methods with your borderline hostile comments. Instead, aim to teach people what to look for, guide them or link them to the "appropriate" areas to ask instead without haughty writing.

Edit: and for the record, I'd be quite interested in knowing what feasible reason you would have for contemplating keeping a [Brave Celebi] since the topic of TR was brought up.

Edit2: Formatting.

There are tutors available for those who want to learn battling and/or basic "how to's" in this section: [Click here]

For various Smogon related tiers + VGC and/or BS Singles browse here: [Hello]

zapzap29 I don't know what you're aiming for personally, but Modest/Bold and perhaps Calm would be good to aim for currently. Timid is also an acceptable nature, but less so than the ones I listed before. You have a ~1 in 400 chances for soft resetting a 5IV Dragonite (about the same chance of getting a shiny with shiny charm + MM and breeding) and if you're dead set on Sassy or an otherwise mixed Dragonite for whatever reason you have a ~1 in 12,800 chance of SRing a 6IV one. Good luck.

Last edited:
You being this aggressive about your information isn't helpful at all either. Dialga also has/had a place in 2016 format with 0-5 Speed or 31, as did 'don and 'ogre for TR spreads. Cresselia has gone through that phase as well, the original posted asked if it was too high a speed for a -speed nature and for all intents and purposes it is mediocre regardless of if you're going for min speed or max (only other reason you'd go for another IV is creeping or outspeeding a specific threat).

While defensive TR non-HA Dragonite doesn't have a place anywhere currently that I know of and I personally believe it would be better suited to go for 31 (or close to) Speed IV's if you're accounting for a niche place in triples, rotations (maybe) or perhaps in doubles if you want to be cheeky about it - not only in Singles. You could've presented your information way better than that.

Please stop discouraging people to learn better soft resetting habits and methods with your borderline hostile comments. Instead, aim to teach people what to look for, guide them or link them to the "appropriate" areas to ask instead of " without haughty writing.

There are tutors available for those who want to learn battling and/or basic "how to's" in this section: [Click here]

zapzap29 I don't know what you're aiming for personally, but Modest/Bold and perhaps Calm would be good to aim for currently. Timid is also an acceptable nature, but less so than the ones I listed before. You have a ~1 in 400 chances for soft resetting a 5IV Dragonite (about the same chance of getting a shiny with shiny charm + MM and breeding) and if you're dead set on Sassy or an otherwise mixed Dragonite for whatever reason you have a ~1 in 12,800 chance of SRing a 6IV one. Good luck.
this is like my third post on the subject. You are more than welcome to check my posting history.

[BTW, I'm aware of TR Dialga, I did say early DP (ever heard of Ubers?) set. It's meant to be hexaflawless. But I'm sure you knew that too ;)]

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
this is like my third post on the subject. You are more than welcome to check my posting history.

[BTW, I'm aware of TR Dialga, I did say early DP (ever heard of Ubers?) set. It's meant to be hexaflawless. But I'm sure you knew that too ;)]
I'd still like to know what feasible reason you'd have for contemplating keeping a Brave Celebi as indicated in my edit via previous post.

Doesn't matter how many posts you've made on the subject. The aggression (and jabs at wi-fi in general) exists through a number of them, but sure I can check your post history.

In the effort it took you to take a jab at the wi-fi communities battling prowess in this (post) that same effort could've gone into explaining why the Jirachi would be a keep or toss based on the 29 IV if you knew the answer and then directed the user to a tier's sub-forum.

"At level 50, uninvested requires the HP to be 30-31 IV to hit LO numbers for Modest 'rachi, but for level 100 29 IV can be a LO number uninvested ( -2 off total HP in comparison to 31 HP IV), so it would be a possible keep. If you have more questions or want more accurate answers ask: [here OU] "

As for your quip, I illustrated that your information about Gen 4 Dialga is not the only thing that should be presented in your complaints about the comments on that users Dragonite SR/Gabe's reply. You sited an Ubers possibility, great. I stated that min speed was acceptable in other formats for the same Pokemon in an equally as relevant meta since Dialga is legal for VGC this season, VGC played on cartridge and 2016 Dialga having access to both min-max IV speed @ -speed nature. When is the last time Ubers was played on cartridge for a tour, arranged tournament or a "friendly"? Unless you're solely basing the information given on by-chance Ubers battles via cart only or the possibility of Ubers via cart on other sites.

I said the Dragonite (event - cartridge), though not HA has a place in other metas and tiers that are also experienced through cartridge on a decent to regular basis. The same way your example is meant to be "hexflawless" the most modern iteration of a relevant set for Dialga on cartridge is meant to be either option. If you're going to give battling information cover all the relevant options, not just the one that supports your haphazard claims.

(Ever heard of supplemental knowledge?) But I'm sure you knew that " ;) "

This will be my last post on the subject. Yes, Wi-Fi is not as knowledgeable as other areas of the site in regards to battling on average, there's no denying that. Instead of potentially pushing away users interested in learning to battle with your ego and deficient data, attempt to educate and guide them instead.

For the record Dialga liked 0 Speed, Quiet in DPPt as an option for 166 Speed to 'outspeed' for other TR threats in TR. "Ever heard of Ubers?"

Edit: Fixed links, Smogon stop lagging.

Last edited:
Really? What for? TR?

I was telling the user what would get them trades, no need to be a dick about it. I've told many users that their "imperfect" Pokemon are fine if they were to use them battling but the standards here are usually 30-31 in every non-hindering IV. I literally have complained about this myself since I reset my Mewtwo. People want perfect Pokemon and that is something that's been present on this forum since I joined nearly six years ago.

I do not know why it is apparently beyond your ability to educate the forum or disagree with people without blowing up. You have major anger issues.

If you are so concerned, perhaps you should talk to mods about making a FAQ or something instead of volatile posts.

In the effort it took you to take a jab at the wi-fi communities battling prowess in this (post) that same effort could've gone into explaining why the Jirachi would be a keep or toss based on the 29 IV if you knew the answer and then directed the user to a tier's sub-forum.

"At level 50, uninvested requires the HP to be 30-31 IV to hit LO numbers for Modest 'rachi, but for level 100 29 IV can be a LO number uninvested ( -2 off total HP in comparison to 31 HP IV), so it would be a possible keep. If you have more questions or want more accurate answers ask: [here OU] "
I think you don't quite get it yet. I'm not logged in 24/7 and I'm not an authority on SR (I've asked here many times as well). My posts are intended to let people that give advice to be more informed or educated because if you check this thread (and I bet you've had), most answers are one-liners. While some are very obvious, some like the last I've posted about are not correct and do not help someone that has been SRing for days.

So to break down that part into more simple ones here:
1) Make sure people know the OU subforum exist and they do have a SQSR thread as well. I said it on all of my previous posts.
2) Let WiFi people know that when they say "autotoss" they might be giving the wrong advice based on not the best knowledge. The -speed with 0-2 IVs is just one example. There has been more (30 Def or SpDef on a 4/252/252 offensive mon at level 50 is the same as 31 IV - probably 5th time I repeat this)

As for your quip, I illustrated that your information about Gen 4 Dialga is not the only thing that should be presented in your complaints about the comments on that users Dragonite SR/Gabe's reply. You sited an Ubers possibility, great. I stated that min speed was acceptable in other formats for the same Pokemon in an equally as relevant meta since Dialga is legal for VGC this season, VGC played on cartridge and 2016 Dialga having access to both min-max IV speed @ -speed nature. When is the last time Ubers was played on cartridge for a tour, arranged tournament or a "friendly"? Unless you're solely basing the information given on by-chance Ubers battles via cart only or the possibility of Ubers via cart on other sites.

I said the Dragonite (event - cartridge), though not HA has a place in other metas and tiers that are also experienced through cartridge on a decent to regular basis. The same way your example is meant to be "hexflawless" the most modern iteration of a relevant set for Dialga on cartridge is meant to be either option. If you're going to give battling information cover all the relevant options, not just the one that supports your haphazard claims.

(Ever heard of supplemental knowledge?) But I'm sure you knew that " ;) "
OK to put again on simple terms: X Mon can run A or B set. Some user posts his SR. What has happened is someone saying: "toss, it doesn't work for B set". Which is exactly what your paragraph is about. You keep saying VGC VGC. Good, think we are all familiar with the format. Are you aware of others? AG, Ubers, Uber doubles, etc? I'm not the one excluding options. If anything I'm the one bringing up other options for a given spread when WiFiers been using just VGC sets just like you just did to give a sort of absolute opinion on the matter. That Dragonite was tossed when it didn't have to be.

And for the love of Arceus please read what I write!!! I said twice now "early DP", if you just went to Dialga set analysis and clicked DPP ofc they have a TR set with Quiet and 0 Spe (shocking) along many others. *Plot twist* Those are Platinum sets (gasp!) As someone who has been here and have actually played different metas on cart since gen 4 I know what I'm talking about. Go to Archive or ask Jibaku, Hugen or Theorymon about the utility Quiet set.

And yeah supplemental -or any for that matters- knowledge adds up, it doesn't divide. The more you know, the better vision you *should* have.

This will be my last post on the subject. Yes, Wi-Fi is not as knowledgeable as other areas of the site in regards to battling on average, there's no denying that. Instead of potentially pushing away users interested in learning to battle with your ego and deficient data, attempt to educate and guide them instead.
dw, that's what I'm doing.

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
You being this aggressive about your information isn't helpful at all either. Dialga also has/had a place in 2016 format with 0-5 Speed or 31, as did 'don and 'ogre for TR spreads. Cresselia has gone through that phase as well, the original poster asked if it was too high a speed for a -speed nature and for all intents and purposes it is mediocre regardless of if you're going for min speed or max (only other reason you'd go for another IV is creeping or outspeeding a specific threat).

Please stop discouraging people to learn better soft resetting habits and methods with your borderline hostile comments. Instead, aim to teach people what to look for, guide them or link them to the "appropriate" areas to ask instead without haughty writing.

Edit: and for the record, I'd be quite interested in knowing what feasible reason you would have for contemplating keeping a [Brave Celebi] since the topic of TR was brought up.

Edit2: Formatting.

For various Smogon related tiers + VGC and/or BS Singles browse here: [Hello]

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not set on any particular nature, just shooting for something good. I was just curious if the DNite I got earlier was worth keeping since I wasn't sure about the speed. I did end up scoring a Calm DNite with everything except attack so all's well that ends well.

Does anyone have a Garchomp+Endure & Impish nature (from Dreamworld) with compet. IVs? :)

Could any reliable person make 2 Clones of my Harry Hoopa please(1 is for CrazyMan)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)