League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just out of curiosity, where do you bind the regular left click? Often times I might click on minions sometimes when I'm bot, like if I'm learning a new adc or if I'm using a new rune page in order to cs better by judging my own AD to the minions health and whatnot, or I might be playing something Top lane and have my ADC clicked on so the thingy is in the top left and i can keep track of my ad's health so i know when to tp down. Or, i might click on my lane opponent to know when certain abilities are up, such as volibears thingy, ezreals passive, or other form of abilties and such. I've wanted to bind a-click to left click for the longest time but i enjoy konwing certain information in the game just by having the status screen up in the top left

my mouse has 2 extra buttons on the side, I bind one to regular click and another to self casting (which I rarely use, I plan on trying it with the Attack Champions Only keybind once i stop being a shitter)

in general I probably would not recommend it if you are adept at using the A button to attack move, the tradeoff is that it teaches some really bad habits that I still haven't unlearned (fighting in lanes and hitting minions by mistake, cs mistakes, etc) but it's still pretty good if you want to take the time to make the transition. left clicking is generally not that useful unless you are clicking another champion (after enough games cs'ing becomes automatic so you probably will never have to click minions) or you're in base. having it in a slightly less convenient spot is fine by me. it also messes with regular cast so you have to be a 100% smartcast player basically or else you'll screw yourself

iirc you cannot technically rebind left click (or anything to left click) if you have a non-programmable mouse unless you mess with the game files, which could slightly mess with some other bindings (like pressing a button to left click). also I'm pretty sure you can rebind it to the mouse wheel click if you're braver than I am

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I have used attack move once and never have I ever used it again because of how often it decided to go attack a random ass minion during a bush chase.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
My solo queue jungle strategy has generally been to play a tank with heavy CC like Amumu/Sejuani/Nautilus, gank a bunch early, and then teamfight a bunch late. If your team isn't following up on your 3/4/5 man lockdown, then you probably wouldn't win with another champ anyways.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
it's okay, I keep doing top/mid and I'm always top

Also that's "new champion select," dynamic queue is the the thing where they mashed solo and 5v5 queues together because Rito is idiotic. Can't say I'm a big fan of it either though. I don't like that it's as slow or even slower than old champ select, even after making the selection timers annoyingly short and adding the stupid lock-in requirement. At least now you can flip the stupid shit in the middle of the screen back to the champion list when it isn't your turn to do something. I think part of it is the lack of big GONG noises that old champ select had, so it's like well I'm adjusting masteries and deciding on a runepage, BOOM IN THE GAME TOO LATE! You have to go in picking exactly two roles, not one or three or "anything but X." Then you're pigeonholed into a role before anybody knows the order in which they pick.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Really disappointing performance by C9 to be honest, it didn't look like they tried to understand the pick/ban priorities for this patch, and just stuck to what was played at the end of the regular season. Also disappointing that they only had 1 type of teamcomp/strategy, which was the cross-map control with TF and Gangplank, it was pretty obvious that TF was going to be banned in every game after the first, but they didn't have a backup plan.

Props to TSM though, they looked much better than in the rest of the split.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
i really liked the april fools event

reddit was first like wtf riot!!!!
then, logic prevailed and niggas be like 'd/w guys rito said no apr1 urf they jus tryna troll us with this hilariously bad game mode for apr fouls!! itll be realeased tmo or when the game mode is over on the third :d lol goox 1 riot'

then riot quietly removes game mode early and slowly people realize "oh shit guys they werent even trolling us they just dumb af"

its great cos the apr fools joke is that we actually thought riot wouldn't stupid

gg

"but vcka urf waana balance" -r
shut the fuck up

also on the topic of reddit
~ 1 yr ago
"waaahhh riot jew conglomerAAte tryna take our monies wirth expensive championship skin, championship skins are our right as americans lower the price rito"
~2day
"wahgh riot wht samsung gret better skin"

("its almost like reddit is full of individual people with their own opinions" yea b and its almost like ur a big fagertrong shut up)

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
man why are afks and duos some of the worst shit ever in league. caitlyn / alistar duo both with TLD and cait with ignite gets out of lane against a jinx nami going 0-2 0-1 respectively, we still lose bc its a 4v5 and the entire game they just shittalk in all chat

why are so many people such (BAN ME PLEASE)s what the fuck

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
if people who played this game knew how to control their emotions it would be a far better experience

unfortunately this is largely not the case

edit: and honestly premades have no excuse to be toxic in chat cause like you're probably in some sort of voice comm with your bud(s) anyways, just vent in there where your team can't hear you and won't tilt/report you, it's seriously not that hard

idk maybe i'm just too much of a doormat but i seriously don't understand toxicity

i just go into games trying to be nice to everyone, even if they are raging. i don't think shitting on someone – even when they deserve it – is worth the inevitable loss of mmr. i've found that using smilies and being nice even after someone starts acting like a jackass will usually calm people down until they're willing to cooperate, though it obviously doesn't work on super-tilted people or those who are just intentionally feeding for whatever reason.

a good portion of the community is stupid as hell, but the game is still in your control. if you're just nice no matter what, at least a small percentage of the games you would have otherwise lost due to infighting might become wins. it's not worth yelling at some 15 year old on the other side of a screen.

man why are afks and duos some of the worst shit ever in league. caitlyn / alistar duo both with TLD and cait with ignite gets out of lane against a jinx nami going 0-2 0-1 respectively, we still lose bc its a 4v5 and the entire game they just shittalk in all chat

why are so many people such (BAN ME PLEASE) what the fuck
thank you for giving me an excuse to blog

had a 5v4 game the other day (enemy support connected like 35 minutes in) that was going pretty well, top was camping for me and bot was bullying their lone adc. Bot proceeded to get ganked a couple times, and our ADC started flaming the shit out of the jungler for not ganking the "easy lane" (shit like "just 3v1 bot don't 2v1 top" ayy) and proceeded to alternate between intentionally feeding and afk'ing, all while flaming in chat. It was quite honestly one of the saddest things I've seen playing this game, the guy easily talked in chat for a half hour and eventually apologized to me (not to the jungler, lol) in the post game chat :^) first time I've wished we could check more than 3 report boxes

cannot imagine why he didn't get instabanned, I imagine at least 7/9 people reported him for multiple reasons

in the game immediately afterwards our mid laner dies 1v1 to nocturne mid and types "ok im done" in chat, and proceeds to leave the game. He came back a couple minutes later, but would only randomly afk in bushes with pushing lanes to leech exp and then ult into fights and flash out. We actually managed to carry that game in spite of the TF play.

here's the two games back to back. fuckin normals man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)