The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
luluco ep 3 was just as fantastic, i absolutely adore the art style and it just keeps growing on me (always have loved the way gainax uses shapes and outlines) but at the end it said "continued next season." trigger don't do this to me.

also about the gits thing, i'm personally not bothered. maybe it's because i occasionally watch dubs.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lol i thought the 2nd episode of netoge was fine o.o

ye it was kinda cringy to watch the autist complain about "normies" seem to be unable to grasp the very basic concepts of real life (tbh i never expected this to have a cohesive plot anyway, if someone went into this thinking it would be super super awesome theyre just setting themselves up for failure). maybe the humor just kinda appeals to me, its just cringy enough to where i can laugh at it and not see myself reflected in it. at least episode two finally has some sort of plot that might happen

re:zero is p dope, I really enjoyed how in ep 1 they really emphasized the relationship and how the main girl acts, so i actually felt like i should root for the poor dude to save the girl. TBH tho the way they conversed in ep 1 really reminded me of katangatari for some reason

Big Order, Episode 1:

That was sooo fun. I mean, it's been a while since I watched Mirai Nikki, but it felt less like that show and way more like... Geass. Except tone down the over-the-top serious factor, keep the campiness (I did NOT expect camp) and add trippy directing.

I kinda loved it. What the hell. Been a while since the last time I had so much fun watching an episode of something.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Holy shit, Girls Und Boat (Haifuri) definitely the surprise of the season, thought it was gonna be stupid slice of life moeshit, its actually a decent action/battle/suspense anime thats also moe as fuck......whoa

Holy shit, Girls Und Boat (Haifuri) definitely the surprise of the season, thought it was gonna be stupid slice of life moeshit, its actually a decent action/battle/suspense anime thats also moe as fuck......whoa
Oh it's definitely a moe show but the best kind of moe show, the kind where they replace all the 4-koma style humor with battleship skirmishes.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just watched the first two episodes of High School Fleet and was really pleasantly surprised by it. I went into it expecting a slice of life show about high school girls (based on Crunchyroll's description I couldn't imply anything else), and the first three quarters of episode 1 painted the show like that. However, the way that the plot twisted late in episode 1 really caught me by surprise and got me invested in the situation the characters are in. The action is interesting to watch (this really caught me off guard as I would have never expected myself to describe the action in a battleship show as interesting) and
the situation of them being attacked by the instructir who greeted them and put into a situation where their only possible response was to retalliate, leading the MC's ship to be accused of mutiny and to get targetted by the authorities
has interested me more than I would have expected it to.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
if you liked haifuri i`d definitely check out girls und panzer, which is by the same writer. it`s pretty much the same thing except with tanks instead of ships, but they`re fighting in a controlled environment instead of actually being in war (?). there`s a lot of overlapping themes like a moe cast, talented/lucky main character, overcoming impossible match ups, etc, and it definitely has the same feeling to it

Last edited:

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hello everyone

this isn't really current season, but has anyone heard of a manga called The Legend of the Legendary Heroes (Densetsu no Yuusha no Densestu, I believe)? it has all of the stuff i've gravitated towards in my limited experience w/ manga - an actually competent male lead that isn't just a filler for the series to show off its female leads (look at freezing for example, ugh), the emotionally distant/borderline tsundere female lead that warms up as the story progresses, a likeable backing cast with at least somewhat complex characters, a number of anti-heroes and anti-villains, a fairly deep plot, humour, and a fantasy setting. unfortunately they only released one season of anime and it ends on a massive cliffhanger (it's adapted from a light novel series which i don't believe was ever completed
), but i was just wondering if anyone had read or seen this before and had any other recommendations

hello everyone

this isn't really current season, but has anyone heard of a manga called The Legend of the Legendary Heroes (Densetsu no Yuusha no Densestu, I believe)? it has all of the stuff i've gravitated towards in my limited experience w/ manga - an actually competent male lead that isn't just a filler for the series to show off its female leads (look at freezing for example, ugh), the emotionally distant/borderline tsundere female lead that warms up as the story progresses, a likeable backing cast with at least somewhat complex characters, a number of anti-heroes and anti-villains, a fairly deep plot, humour, and a fantasy setting. unfortunately they only released one season of anime and it ends on a massive cliffhanger (it's adapted from a light novel series which i don't believe was ever completed
), but i was just wondering if anyone had read or seen this before and had any other recommendations
This series is completed in novel form and available in english assuming you are indeed referring to the original Densetsu (not Dai Densetsu and Shin Densetsu). It's not publicly available due to DMCAs forcing the novel translations to be taken down but pdfs should be floating around. Just an option in case you don't want to wait for the manga. No mangas for me if I can avoid it.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I always wondered if there would ever be another anime that would make me feel as hard as Toradora did, or if that was the magic of it being my first anime.

...Well, apparently, there was, and Kokoro Connect was that anime. I've only finished the first arc, so please don't spoil, but my god. The show kind of feels like the cheap melodrama I hate Jun Maeda for, but it's melodrama done oh so right. And Miyuki Sawashiro is now my seiyuu waifu, i loved her in Monogatari but holy shit her performance in Kokoro Connect is even better.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I won't spoil but you should stop at the end of the first arc because the rest of the show is an utter disappointment.

I won't deny the noticeable drop in quality in the second arc; but if he just stopped he'd miss Michi Random, which is arguably the best ending that a shitty romance anime has ever had in terms of like actually ending things in a way that is concise and at least somewhat satisfactory.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i just watched the second arc and it was worth watching still even though definitely not nearly as good as the first, so yeah, im glad i didnt take acklows advice.

edit: having finished the anime, definitely nothing was as good as the first arc, but it was worth watching.

Last edited:
Hai Furi bugs me because it's the sort of plot that could probably be resolved if the main characters at least tried talking things out, but no, they just keep digging their hole deeper. If someone accuses you of being violent and your response is to punch them, you're not really helping your case.

Hai Furi bugs me because it's the sort of plot that could probably be resolved if the main characters at least tried talking things out, but no, they just keep digging their hole deeper. If someone accuses you of being violent and your response is to punch them, you're not really helping your case.
Think of it like an episode of Air Crash Investigations.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.

Stand Name: ⌈Apollo⌋

Stand Ability: [Sanitized Metabolism] (http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Sanitized_Metabolism)

Power - B

Speed - C

Range - E

Durability - B

Precision - A

Potential - A

Description: The power to have a sanitized metabolism. The user has a sanitized metabolism, which means their body is clean all the time, and never gets dirty. They never sweats, leave behind any kind of dander or biological residue, etc. They cannot develop things like unsightly skin problems or bad breath, and waste products, if there are any at all, are both minimized and sanitized. And even if the user has any body odor, whatsoever, it will actually be pleasant.

Make your own Jojo Character:

Face Generator:
http://dagobah.net/flash/jojo_face_maker.swf

Stand Generator:
http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

RODAN

Banned deucer.

Stand Name: Have a Sad Cum BB

Stand Ability: [Beauty Inducement](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Beauty_Inducement)

Power - D

Speed - B

Range - C

Durability - D

Precision - C

Potential - B

Description: The power to increase the physical beauty of oneself and others. Opposite of Ugliness Inducement. The user can alter the physical qualities of people (including themselves), animals and inanimate objects so that they will become more pleasing aesthetically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)