The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm enjoying Kabaneri though ep 3 really made me wonder why
Mumei never bothered to tell Ikoma that he's going to turn into a regular zombie if he doesn't feed, that seems kind of important, all the more so if they were going to be spending 3 days in solitary confinement.

Netoge is still a kinda bad but watchable guilty pleasure

and to round out the Thursday shows that I'm watching (except Sakamoto because that's not subbed yet apparently), Kuromukuro tuned out to be better than expected. It's like a 6/10 probably but it still has some enjoyable moments and the first episode was more like a 4/10 so I'm glad I got bored and watched the second one, I guess.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Joker Game is actually turning out really nice despite Production IG. I think having that recap of the core concept every episode makes much more sense now that I know the way that the show is set up (episode three was independent of episodes 1-2 outside of using one of the characters ep 1 introduced, and episode 4 was also independent of all episodes prior) and I'm generally really enjoying it so far. If you dropped it 'cause IG I suggest you give it another try.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
stopping by again to tell you that assassination classroom is fucking amazing and this weeks episode in particular was one of the strongest anime eps ive seen in a VERY long time
read the manga too if you're into manga! :D

e: i do think its story and action is much better suited for anime tho which is why im rlly happy the anime is turning out the way it is

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Assclass already skipped a few fun miniarcs in the manga; i just hope they include everything from here on out. What happens next is especially fucking cool.
Encourage all to read the manga and most certainly watch the show :]

I went around screaming at everyone I know to watch Big Order after today's episode. After the show met such ridiculous expectations that I had of it, I laughed my ass off for almost a half hour when I was done with it. Truly, this show is a masterpiece.

also new kabaneri was cool i guess, i'll be late to the mayoiga train again

I went around screaming at everyone I know to watch Big Order after today's episode. After the show met such ridiculous expectations that I had of it, I laughed my ass off for almost a half hour when I was done with it. Truly, this show is a masterpiece.
Shit. I don't want to sit through the entire show just because it's Stupid Hilarious some of the time. Needs an abridged version.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
for anyone who's excited for mob psycho 100 be warned that the comic was basically opm but with *slightly* more depth

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been putting off reading Rewrite solely so that I could go into it blind this summer. Lets hope it does ithe VN justice :)

Edit: Finally! Haifuri stopped following the same formula!

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Looking forward to shokugeki season 2 more than anything. I dont think they'll catch up to the manga tho, even with an entire season.

danganronpa the animation is one of my favorite animes too, hyped to see how they'll carry that out.

EDIT: @below the manga and anime match up near perfectly, and I hope it stays that way, because the manga is getting hype af right now

Last edited:

Martin

Ya I'm rlly hyped for Shokugeki no Souma. I thoroughly enjoyed s1 and am looking forward to s2. Anyone who's read the manga, how does it match up compared to the anime? Is it worth reading or should I just stick with the anime adaptation like I've been doing with Shingeki no Kyoujin?

Also the concept of Planetarian ~Chiisana Hoshi no Yume~ looks right down my alley. I'm looking forward to it :D

Martin

Double posting because its kinda relevant considering the screenshot, but for anyone who's interested Planetarian and Clannad are both on sale on steam for 50% off until the end of the day. I just picked them both up and am planning on playing them after my exams finish.

calling Bananya out for AotY already

Ya I'm rlly hyped for Shokugeki no Souma. I thoroughly enjoyed s1 and am looking forward to s2. Anyone who's read the manga, how does it match up compared to the anime? Is it worth reading or should I just stick with the anime adaptation like I've been doing with Shingeki no Kyoujin?
the manga is really good generally all the way through, the characters have a lot of personality and play off of each other pretty well and the art is more or less consistently great

I'd say recently it's been stalling a little bit and the current arc doesn't live up to the tournament / stagiare / following arcs, but that's honestly probably more due to how strong the middle half of the series is.

IMO just watch the second season and then read the rest of it after that, so you can experience the second season totally fresh

calling Bananya out for AotY already

the manga is really good generally all the way through, the characters have a lot of personality and play off of each other pretty well and the art is more or less consistently great

I'd say recently it's been stalling a little bit and the current arc doesn't live up to the tournament / stagiare / following arcs, but that's honestly probably more due to how strong the middle half of the series is.

IMO just watch the second season and then read the rest of it after that, so you can experience the second season totally fresh
I would argue the most recent arc is extremely engaging. It has a ton of unexpected twists and turns. I wouldn't say it's been stalling at all

brightobject

there like moonlight
I would argue the most recent arc is extremely engaging. It has a ton of unexpected twists and turns. I wouldn't say it's been stalling at all
I disagree to be quite honest, Bananya's first and second arcs were the series' strongest and the ones that really got me into the series, the current one might have lots of ~woo woo~ plot twists but the character development is really lacking for me.

Martin

I disagree to be quite honest, Bananya's first and second arcs were the series' strongest and the ones that really got me into the series, the current one might have lots of ~woo woo~ plot twists but the character development is really lacking for me.
I think he was talking about Shokugeki no Souma's manga in response to the comment that Jeebus made about it in response to my question--not Banyana.

Yeah, I was talking about shokugeki no soma, sorry for the confusion. Also here is one of my favorite pictures from this arc

018.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)