Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
>"Welcome to the Alola region!"
Could you possibly be any more obvious with what your region is based on it's like calling Unova Obese-landia

Interesting to see a starter have a dual-type from the start; first time since Bulbasaur.

It's nice to see we finally have Pokémon based on an Owl, Seal and Cat who likely won't be useless in-game.

THAT LION LEGENDARY THO.

It takes place in the Alola Region, with very heavy Hawiian trends and themes.
We seem to be introduced to the region through an older male cousin named Kukui.
The Grass-type starter is Rowlet, a Grass-Flying Owl.
The Fire-type starter is Litten, a Fire Kitten.
The Water-type starter is Popplio, a Water Sea Lion.
The "Sun" is a large while and gold lion, and the "Moon" is a crescent shaped purple and gold bat or vampiric design.

Release date is November 18.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I'm just a little disappointed in that they are reusing the game engine from XY and ORAS for a brand new gen, or that none of the starters are reptiles for two gens in a row (Though we do have a dino as a starter this time), but whatever.

I guess I'd... pick Moon?

Hmmm... I'm just a little disappointed in that they are reusing the game engine from XY and ORAS for a brand new gen, or that none of the starters are reptiles (Though we do have a dino as a starter), but whatever.

I guess I'd... pick Moon?
Eh, it looks like the same battle engine but different overworld engine. Look, people aren't chibis anymore!

The website has some cool new info about the starters. (the owl thing has a move only it can learn called Leafage!)
Looks more like it says it's a move it already knows by the time we get it.

And indeed, all three starters will already know a STAB move. I guess Leafage will just be the Grass-type version of Ember and Water Gun.

Was this even a question??? It said "Welcome to the Aloha Region" LOL
Nitpicking, but: Alola region. Also anyone wanna take bets that the professor is named Palm? (I bet there's another tropical tree that would fit better though.)

Japanese trailer confirms customization is back.

Also, Team Moon best team. #MoonShineDown
Just skin-tone, but it is promising.

I'm totally going Litten though. And Moon's legendary appears to be a bat. Interesting. Since it isn't a bird, i am not 100% sure which version to get now. But it does have a pretty cool looking signature move.

Looks more like it says it's a move it already knows by the time we get it.

And indeed, all three starters will already know a STAB move. I guess Leafage will just be the Grass-type version of Ember and Water Gun.
I'm betting it'll be a more flavorful variant of Vine Whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)