Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you still can't put items in bank so
I was thinking that this suggests they might actually fix that. No more waiting for Soul Dew if so!

Solgaleo's signature move looks like a status move, a bit like Geomancy. Must be a reason we only see that glow compared to Lunaala's WTFBBQ laser (that isn't going to be called Moonblast even though that's the perfect name for it).

Goddamnit Masuda its too early in the morning to make people lose their shit like this. You had to be late to didn't you, I was about to call you a troll dude don't do that again.

Rowlet is definitely the most aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but jeez. Am I the one one who thought Litten is kind of ugly? I'll probably choose it so it can grow me.

Credit to the Hawaii believers. I really hope this region isn't too similar to Hoenn though.

Solgaleo looks badass and that's enough for me to go with sun. I'm really glad they kept trainer customization.

These trainers look older than previous trainers.

Koumashiki

n o   h o m o
is an Artist Alumnus
Wobbly head chibi model you'll be missed :V

At first glance I thought the starters were ugly, but when I look at them again on the website, man the grass and water ones are sure cute! The fire one still didn't give me any great impression, though.

I guess I'm just gonna pick the water one as a tradition lol. And people seems to prefer Sun's mascot, but I'll pick Moon anyway.

In the starter choosing frame, you can see the Professor's name is Hala, which is a name for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandanus_tectorius this tree.
Well i can't predict for nothing.

Concerning the island: yeah, given the japanese trailer, it is very safe to assume there will be more islands (what was shown may have been an analogue to Maui.) meaning we can actually predict what IGN will say about Sun/Moon: 7.8/10, too much water.

So if i had to guess: Rowlet will keep the Grass/Flying type as it evolves into larger owls. Litten will probably be Fire/Dark if it is a dual-type, and Popplio is harder to guess a potential dual-type. It could be water/ice like dewgong, but something about it seems like Water/Fairy could be it too. I get the feeling that it will most likely be just Water though.

First of all, that video is just what we as a community needed to properly discuss Sun/Moon. Now... what are my own opinions?

The starters:
I'm leaning towards the Fire one, though the Grass owl also looks cool. The seal is a bit too round for my tastes, though evolution may fix that.

The legends:
Solgaleo looks amazing. I am seriously considering going down to Gamestop and switching my pre-order from Moon to Sun.
How has nobody brought up how much Lunaala looks like Mega Salamence? They have the exact same wing shape and head position.

The region:
Well, a region based on Hawaii pretty much rules out any hope of going back to Kalos, so I look forward to seeing how they work Zygarde into this. The region itself does look beautiful - that rocky area in the south particularly intrigues me.

I think Kukui (the guy at the very beginning) is the Professor, not the guy who looks like Watson.

This is because he has a labcoat and Kukui is the state tree of Hawaii
I believe it was stated that he's an older cousin or something? Earlier in the thread that is. Idk what the source was for that though.

My goodness Rowlet is so adorably cute. Even before that leaf bowtie or seeing those adorable illustration of it rotating its head 180 degrees, I'm just so happy there's another Owl pokemon that hopefully won't disappoint in stats unlike Noctowl (such a good design but oh those stats...)

Tropical Hawaii region it is! Already so much more interesting to me than Kalos, I just love tropical nature-based environments. I expect to see some Exeggutors, Tropius, Corsola and Alomomolas in the region!

Those Tiki-like markings really make the region looks so rich in culture, I love it. Some cultures have rituals involving things like the Sun so this kind of setting is actually pretty perfect for Pokemon Sun & Moon- the Moon Legendary moved way too fast for my eye the first time it was hard to see what it was.

Cannot wait for this game already! Already sold!

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welp, spank my ass and call me Susie, that trailer really got me hyped even more for the upcoming games.

But on a serious note though, the new games look really promising and even surpass my wildest imagination.
In addition to this, seeing all of my fellow Pokémon trainers and collectors from all over the world coming together in order to eagerly celebrate and discuss these games even after 20 years fills my heart with genuine joy.
Every cell in my body cries and aches for the nostalgic feeling of inserting a brand new Pokémon cartridge into a handheld console and turning it on for the first time.
It's so nice to see how this franchise has evolved over the years, just like the Japanese Trouser Pouch Monstrosities that it actually revolves around.

I wonder if in these games will be Burst Evolution :) I also kinda look forward how many New Pokemon in this Generation are going to be introduced. :) I hope we get those Informations in the upcoming months :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)