The World Cup of Pokémon XI - Round 1 (Read post #402)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't just unfair changing mind on the position after the match ended? Especially considering that Alastor left taking for granted the rematch and that you asked this rematch as first

also stop memeing here, there's general thread gdi
Asuk4 proposed a rematch? Asuk4 did not want a rematch. He proposed a tie which is just not possible. Then M Dragon proposed a rematch with the same teams to which even Alastor Law disagreed, he wanted rematch with different teams while Asuk4 wanted no rematch at all. Then Alastor Law left.

Alastor Law

The Black Parade
is a Past SPL Champion
as far as i recall nothing was agreed, they were still discussing it , i also do remember Alastor saying "sorry team" before leaving which kinda proves what im saying here.
Yea, and him saying this

+Get this Money: LOL HAVE FUN
★Asuk4: w/o timer
+p2: lol
Alastor Law has 270 seconds left.
+p2: are you serious
★Alastor Law: ok
+p2: no timer in this mu
+Luispeikou ͜..: alastor xd
+lighthouses: u guys sure do hate eachother
+lighthouses: lol

"kinda" proves that we agreed to play without timer and he was a bad sports about it for letting me time out. I don't know what to think about it, really.

Asuk4 proposed a rematch? Asuk4 did not want a rematch. He proposed a tie which is just not possible. Then M Dragon proposed a rematch with the same teams to which even Alastor Law disagreed, he wanted rematch with different teams while Asuk4 wanted no rematch at all. Then Alastor Law left.
Same team rematch proposal was patently ironical (obviously you can play different teams, it's up to both players). Ties in wcop = rematch since there's no way to address 0.5 points to players and in-game ties work in the same way (see Honor vs George rematch)

Last edited:

Sakis

Banned deucer.
Yea, and him saying this

+Get this Money: LOL HAVE FUN
★Asuk4: w/o timer
+p2: lol
Alastor Law has 270 seconds left.
+p2: are you serious
★Alastor Law: ok
+p2: no timer in this mu
+Luispeikou ͜..: alastor xd
+lighthouses: u guys sure do hate eachother
+lighthouses: lol

"kinda" proves that we agreed to play without timer and he was a bad sports about it for letting me time out. I don't know what to think about it, really.
Well first of all , if you agreed to play without a timer then the timer should have been removed from the start of the battle but it didnt. I didnt see any of you complain about it through the 320 turns of the battle tho , instead you kept on battling as if this conversation never happened, so basically using this as an arguement to make your opponent look bad is kinda shitty of you. If you really wanted to be able to use this as an arguement you should have at least make some effort to ask an official to actually stop the timer in the start of the battle, not after 320 TURNS. Secondly, if you call this bad sportmanship then you can say the same thing about your decision of leaving in the middle of the battle and asking for rematch after 320 turns of wasting your oppoents time, but no one ever said something like this about you. I do find this quite laughable tbh , not meaning to offend anyone , I m just stating facts here and trying to point out some things that doesnt make sense to me. TYVM

Sakis

Banned deucer.
Yeah Alastor Law who the fuck do you think you are to feed your two weeks old pet and making your opponent make another hour of his life you monster
Dude thats not the point here , he cant call his opponent's sportmanship bad while leaving in the middle of the battle and we didnt even say this , i just pointed out the fact that we could but we didnt and instead he called Asuk4 "bad sportsman" based on some quote that isnt even right , get your shit together dude, at least make some effort to understand what im saying before posting nonsense

As the captain of the Greek team, I'd like to share my opinion on the matter.

Basically, a rematch was declared because Asuk4 asked for a tie. Something which Alastor Law did not accept at that time. Later on Asuk4 declined rematch requests, which clearly means he changed his opinion. Basically, no agreement was made. Even if an agreement was made, would it bypass the rules of the tournament? They state timeout = loss, and they make no mention of agreements between players.

My players are upset over the decision of a rematch, and I stand by them. The rules are clear: timeout = loss. It's not our fault that the enemy had to leave because the match was taking too much time.

We want to make a point that we believe this handling of the situation to be unfair for us.

Anyway, this situation has been nothing but trouble, probably not only just for my team but also for the other team and the tournament staff. It's entertaining for people watching it from the outside, but it is not pleasant for the people caught up in it. It damages the relationship between the involved sides.

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
He can call his opponent's bad sportsmanship if the guy rejects to wait some minutes because of an emergency after 320 turns of a pokemon game and now rejects to rematch him. I think he can.

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
your dude asked for a tie in the first place. can't just change his answer to whatever is convenient for the team. he agreed on a tie/remake, thus the timer was rundown. can't use that as footing when there was a reason it was rundown beforehand.

edit: ★Asuk4: w/o timer also yea wtf is this your guy didnt even want timer on and you use that as a pedestal to stand on. thats like telling your friends to go rob a bank, but you wont do it yourself w/ fear of getting caught, but still wanting to reap the spoils at the end like wtf thats some dirty dan shit

Last edited:

Sakis

Banned deucer.
He can call his opponent's bad sportsmanship if the guy rejects to wait some minutes because of an emergency after 320 turns of a pokemon game and now rejects to rematch him. I think he can.
LOL Dude this is getting retarded , I m not gonna bother telling you why what you are saying is completely wrong but what i can say is that you only see the one side and thats the least not cool. What im gonna say tho is that : Instead of actually taking what im saying seriously you started making fun of my comments without properly understanding what i was saying. Well given the fact that i didnt even talk to you in the first place and you make fun of my comment without even taking some effort in realising what i said is shitty. Now then do me a favour and stop wasting my time if you gonna keep doing this. Thank you very much.

Sakis

Banned deucer.
your dude asked for a tie in the first place. can't just change his answer to whatever is convenient for the team. he agreed on a tie/remake, thus the timer was rundown. can't use that as footing when there was a reason it was rundown beforehand.

edit: ★Asuk4: w/o timer also yea wtf is this your guy didnt even want timer on and you use that as a pedestal to stand on. thats like telling your friends to go rob a bank, but you wont do it yourself w/ fear of getting caught, but still wanting to reap the spoils at the end like wtf thats some dirty dan shit
read my comment above too lazy to actually repeat myself THIS DUDE ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT THE TIMER NOT BEING ON 320 TURNS AFTER THE BATTLE WAS GOING ON . Even using this as an arguement or a way to prove your point is retarded

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
read my comment above too lazy to actually repeat myself THIS DUDE ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT THE TIMER NOT BEING ON 320 TURNS AFTER THE BATTLE WAS GOING ON . Even using this as an arguement or a way to prove your point is retarded
i dont give a damn what you said lil homie, the fact is your guy agreed on a tie, then changed his mind when the going got tough. ik alastor's kinda sleezy and all, but you dont just pretend like you have any reason not to tie after he agreed to it, no matter who the opposition is

Sakis

Banned deucer.
i dont give a damn what you said lil homie, the fact is your guy agreed on a tie, then changed his mind when the going got tough. ik alastor's kinda sleezy and all, but you dont just pretend like you have any reason not to tie after he agreed to it, no matter who the opposition is
you not caring about what i said doesnt prevent you from using shitty arguements haha just stop talking you or at least before you do make sure what you are saying is actually right. If you dont care about my POV what makes you think i care more about yours ? but being like this doesnt actually resolve anything so if you are not interested in listening you can also stop talking because no one will ever listen to someone thinking like that. My reason for not wanting the tie aka the rematch is that the discussion was still going on when Alastor left, nothing was officially decided and this is where your part is wrong , assuming they both agreed on this is both wrong and stupid , there was an initial discussion based on some memes but no serious talking. The serious decision by M Dragon was made when the battle was over and Asuk4 didnt agree with it , Alastor wasnt there to actually agree or disagree. Stop talking nonsense and actually pay attention to the facts and know the difference between basic terms such as memeing and official discussion or discussing and agreeing.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Cased was scheduled to play Scimjara today and offered to all of his opponents to play during this weekend (specifically today, iirc) in his initial VM. However, Scimjara johned him as of a couple days ago and Cased did not get a game done. He has plans to fight all three opponents within the next week and he had a scheduled game prior to the two week deadline, so he should not be subbed out.

Reyscarface will be playing BKC tomorrow and his two other opponents over the course of the next week, so he should not be subbed out either (although iirc he said he already spoke w/ MDragon about this, so it should not be a problem).

Go Central!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)