Serious US Election Thread (read post #2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I was just offering ways that third parties could build up a national profile more and have evidence of their work on a local level :X
No worries, and the Libertarian Party as of this year does have some local level elected officials. Nevada State Representative John Moore and Nebraska State Senator Laura Ebke. Much like Governor Gary Johnson and Governor Bill Weld, both Moore and Ebke are former Republicans (and in Moore's case former Democrat too). Baby steps.

Hillary Clinton gets indicted, Democrats remove her from the ticket, Joe Biden slides in on an endorsement from Obama and other mainstream democrats. Biden easily beats Trump who prevents the Republican delegates from stopping his nomination. Obama's last act in office is to pardon Hillary after the November elections but forces her to retire from politics. A bastard son of George R. R. Martin and an insane fan girl writes a modern day Westeros story based on these events in 30 years.

Just call me a slightly more likeable Alex Jones

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That's probably a good thing for Trump though because he's probably more likely to beat Crooked Hillary than Biden because there's no chance the DNC would nominate Bernie.

The DNC was probably hoping for Hillary to be indicted just for that reason

I've read rumors that the focus shouldn't be on her e-mails, but on the Clinton Foundation. Word is, she's taken bribes using the CF, and that isn't the worst of it, if someone anonymous claiming to be in the FBI investigating her is to be believed. This is definitely the worst election I've ever had to participate in, and I feel whoever wins, unless his or her name isn't Trump or Clinton, we all loose. And unless the election is rigged like conspiracy theorists say elections can be, I don't see Hillary beating Trump. There are just too many young progressives who just know she is corrupt, are angry that Bernie didn't get the support he needed, and to hell with the consequences! Now, if Trump voters could pull away from him, and switch to Johnson or Stein, then we might be able to get real change.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For everyone's bluster about indictment and how much that might have helped everyone if true, I always saw this coming. Though it's worth noting that the FBI recommended no charges because no prosecutor would take the case. That's um hmm

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Can you give me a credible source for that and not some heavily-biased clickbait blog?
No sir, I can not. I can't imagine many western outlets wanting to touch anything like this with a ten foot pole. Even though I don't know Russian from what I can gather of Putin's speech, he didn't outright say those words. It was implied through his other statements. If you take time to wade through the muck you might find that USA/Russia have been engaging in war games lately and it definitely isn't a stretch to say that war is a possibility, especially considering how weak the USA must look to outsiders at the moment. This government has made many enemies who eagerly await the right opportunity. All empires come to an end, eventually.

As for the election and the news that came out today...
I knew she wouldn't be indicted from the beginning-that's why I went as far as to make a joke post about it in firebot. You can't take down someone as high on the ladder as her without bringing others with her. I imagine they found names of people she had connections with that went above and beyond the reach of the FBI. If she goes down then you better believe she is taking everyone she possibly can with her.

Last edited:
It definitely is a stretch to claim that war is a possibility. I even read the crap that was that "article" and it doesn't say anything about Putin declaring war lol, it says that Russia is "ready" for one. However, "weak" the US may appear to be with regards to politics, our military strength is still pretty darn high as far as I am aware and I know that a war would not be favorable for anyone (except for ISIS maybe i dunno).

With how far technology has advanced, the downsides of war are a lot more costly then they were in 1940. The US doesn't want to fight a war with a major power and Russia probably doesn't want that either. Personally, I would be surprised if there ever is another world-wide conflict on the scale of WW2 between two equally technologically advanced countries.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
I feel trapped having to decide between two evils.

But what's more concerning is the fact that so many Americans believe in both candidates enough to put ourselves in this position in the first place. It's troubling, if not infuriating. But I digress.

Reactions: JES
How to sort through the bs this election. Everything the candidates say about the other is true. Everything they say about themselves is crap

I sincerely believe voting for Hillary is the best possible decision any of you can make right now. Yes, she's not a morally perfect person, or even all that great of one. But unlike Trump, she has concrete, liberal (fairly liberal) policies and is not a complete loose cannon. She's also not a racist or facist. You can say you don't want to vote for the lesser of two evils, but the thing is, when you have two evils that are your choices, voting for the lesser of them is your duty. You might feel like protest voting or not voting to complain about the system, but you'll have much more of a problem than a rigged system if Donald Trump becomes President. So please, set aside your inhibitions and help Hillary. She's not perfect, but voting for Gary Johnson will not stop Donald Trump from becoming President, and that is our top priority right now. A protest vote that won't be considered for four years is great and all, but we have to worry seriously about the NEXT four.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
I sincerely believe voting for Hillary is the best possible decision any of you can make right now. Yes, she's not a morally perfect person, or even all that great of one. But unlike Trump, she has concrete, liberal (fairly liberal) policies and is not a complete loose cannon. She's also not a racist or facist. You can say you don't want to vote for the lesser of two evils, but the thing is, when you have two evils that are your choices, voting for the lesser of them is your duty. You might feel like protest voting or not voting to complain about the system, but you'll have much more of a problem than a rigged system if Donald Trump becomes President. So please, set aside your inhibitions and help Hillary. She's not perfect, but voting for Gary Johnson will not stop Donald Trump from becoming President, and that is our top priority right now. A protest vote that won't be considered for four years is great and all, but we have to worry seriously about the NEXT four.
Gary Johnson's taking away just as many votes from Hillary as he is from Trump. A vote for Johnson is not a vote for Trump, it's simply a vote for Gary Johnson.

source: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/29/p...polls-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/index.html
"Clinton led Trump 48% to 37% when all states were factored together. With Johnson included, Clinton led Trump 44% to 34%, with Johnson at 13%."

Johnson's only taking away one more percentage from Hillary than he is for Trump, an overall unimportant difference when Clinton's still leading by 10 points.

Reactions: JES
So I am suppose to vote for a woman that avoided federal charges because her last name is clinton and she has had sex with bill? General Patraeus did less with less classified documents and was charged, yet Bill meets with Lynch days before Hillary gets interviewed and it was clearly meant to be a private conversation. Like hell anyone would have discovered this if an nbc affiliate didn't report this and now she isn't indicted. If there is a better example for a rigged system, I'm failing to find it. I would also like to go back to every testimony she ever gave about these scandals and see how often the story changes from one testimony to the next.

And no this doesn't mean trump is any better. Trump is an idiot with ties to alternative european far right nationalism and the worst trade policy out there and constantly flip flops on positions. I currently don't know where he stands on some issues because he could be changing them as I write this. I pray to god that the trump university lawsuit hits before the convention so that the republicans have an excuse to remove him from the ticket because an inanimate chair can beat Hillary yet Trump somehow finds a way to let the best example of corruption lead him in most polls. If the republicans don't remove trump from the ballot then Gary Johnson might be the best candidate, although watching the libertarian party debates and some of the candidates presenting their case, even voting for them might be a stretch. Best case scenario, Trump and Hillary get too close and their combine corruption, stupidity, and pure evil form a vortex into another dimension sucking away both candidates and their biggest supporters, Obama leaves office as scheduled, and we get better candidates to run during 2017 while nothing happens worldwide

Last edited:
If you're like my father, and hinting that Trump will do something like declare himself "President for Life" or make us choose anyone as long as it is his son for 2020, declare anyone who moves against him as terrorists, and is going to use the police and military to enforce his power, then I'll tell you this: that is a sure recipe for a revolution or civil war, especially given the popularity for a candidate like Sanders, the outcry against the crony capitalism system that has spawned multiple movements such as the Occupy Movement, which I guarantee you that Clinton will perpetuate, and the fact that just has many people hate Trump as many as there are loyal followers (if not more). It seems to me if things escalate, there is no stopping things from boiling over.

And Clinton is a part of the problem, because, like I said, she has no intention of addressing the crony capitalist system that has allowed someone like Trump to get where he is in the first place. Voting for her would be like putting a band aid on a festering wound! We need an honest person like Johnson or Stein in office, or whats to stop someone like Trump from running every election season, and forcing us to vote between the lesser of two evils every 4 damned years? Is this how we are supposed to live? Is that democracy?

Sometimes I'm so depressed about this election year, that I think the best possible thing that could happen besides Johnson or Stein winning the election is Trump getting elected, all of the idiots who voted for him realizing they've been duped, and all people, progressive and conservative, working together to make Trump the second President to get impeached, or thrown out of office, literally (hopefully without a gunfight between Secret Service and angry protesters)! We've already lost our right to privacy with that illegal NSA program that she won't even talk about, and if we vote for Hillary, maybe she'll use the gun scare to not only ban assault weapons, but Congress will go as far as to ban all assault weapons, and authorize law enforcement to use lethal force against any gun owners who refuse to consent to said edict. There is evidence that points to the establishment and intelligence serving for some outside force (Bilderberger Group, of which Hillary attended in 1997, Illuminati, what have you), and the end result can only be to turn us into a dictatorship, kicking, screaming, and wiping out anyone who poses a threat if necessary. Maybe it won't be Hillary, but if we don't continue the political revolution Bernie started, we might not get another chance at a peaceful resolution to this endemic problem.

I'm telling you, the rigged system that the corporate media continues to ignore and perpetuate is only the tip of the iceberg. The fact that nothing has even been done about the Surveillance State can only mean that Hillary intends to perpetuate it, despite not having our consent and Snowden's warnings.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Voting for Gary Johnson will make Gary Johnson president if we can get him onto the debate stage in the fall

It's really not a super high hoop to climb through; if people feel there's a legitimate third option instead of Trump or Hillary then they will take it en masse, they just need to believe it's a real option

I'm curious what people here who want Hillary indicted think of people like Snowden/Manning who actually, intentionally, and willingly compromised national security since I seem to notice some people that feel that Hillary should be indicted feel like whistleblowers should be pardoned by the government.

Also re third party: It's always tricky just given our national election system (electoral college and not popular vote) as well as not really electing by proportion, additionally if a candidate doesn't get a majority the house of reps then gets to choose the president which means hello trump (assuming the third party also took Hillary voters). I also think since our system doesn't elect people in the same way like Canada does just makes it harder for a third party to break in. It seems as though our system is just meant for a majority and minority party and the way our government was designed just wasn't really meant for third parties (that's probably why none have existed for very long :/). I would like to see more part diversity since I always believe more options is good, but I just don't see it REALLY having an effect on the governement just with how our senate/house/method of electing president were designed.

Here's a good politico article summarzing WHY Hillary won't get indicted and the reasons why (hint it's not because she's ABOVE the law) http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/hillary-clinton-prosecution-past-cases-221744

While she certaintly MADE a mistake, the whole thing just reaks of right wing propaganda in an attempt to make the "scandal" bigger then it actually is.

Last edited:

jrp

Banned deucer.
While she certaintly MADE a mistake, the whole thing just reaks of right wing propaganda in an attempt to make the "scandal" bigger then it actually is.
I find it hilarious that the bernie supporters and the trump supporters are uniting on this. The bernie or bust people seem completely unaware that they've been buying into a scandal manufactured by the republicans

I find it hilarious that the bernie supporters and the trump supporters are uniting on this. The bernie or bust people seem completely unaware that they've been buying into a scandal manufactured by the republicans
I don't care how it happens, I just want one competent presidential candidate.

I don't care how it happens, I just want one competent presidential candidate.
Kim Jong-un is what you're looking for:
-He can wrangle in the crony capitalists by banning capitalism and jailing all of wall st.
-As sexist man alive, Kim Jong-un will charm all others who happen to disagree with his righteous wisdom and limitless intellectual power
-Because he is a god, Kim Jong-un can abolish the constitution, making crime rates fall to near-0 numbers and by reinstating slavery we can bring jobs back to America because our labor markets would be more competitive than the likes of India and China.
-By allowing Kim Jong-un to shift 95% of the budget to the military, we can put an end to terrorism and simultaneously gain control over all of the middle eastern countries' oil
-Kim Jong-un will also bring unemployment rates to 0 because the slave workforce will be too busy building public monuments to the glorious leader.

So ya fuk Trump, Clinton, Gary the Snail, and that other old bitchass that's high on dat good 420 shit and VOTE KIM!!!

I don't understand your partisan bullshit.

Why are complaints against Clinton invalid because they come from republicans?

Why is it that because I support Bernie I support communists?

If you haven't paid any attention, it's Clinton who gets donations from dictatorships. None of the other candidates, even including Trump, have such questionable conflict of interest.

My issue with Clinton supporters is that they can't even support her as a candidate, they just try to play party politics to the maximum effect. Clinton is the only true democrat, Bernie's a communist dolt who wants to abandon capitalism (thank you sunny). Trump is a racist bigot who is also a republican and therefore invalid. True democrats will fall in line behind Hillary because she's clearly a democrat and all the democrats like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)