Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Heatran, Skarmory, Ferothorn, Amoonguss, Venusaur, Metagross, Jirachi etc can be now poisoned.

I think this thing will get crappy stats 'cause its broken ability

Reactions: JES
Description from the site;
Salandit emits toxic gas, together with flames, from the base of its tail. This poisonous gas has a sweet smell, and anyone who unknowingly breathes it in will become dizzy. Salandit is not a very powerful Pokémon, but its cunning nature allows it to battle fiercely by throwing its opponents off balance.

Salandit females not only release toxic gases, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pokémon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit’s will.

Salandit has the Corrosion Ability, a new Ability that no other Pokémon has possessed before. With the Corrosion Ability, it becomes possible to inflict the Poisoned status condition even on Steel- and Poison-type Pokémon.

So Heatran, Skarmory, Ferothorn, Amoonguss, Venusaur, Metagross, Jirachi etc can be now poisoned.

I think this thing will get crappy stats 'cause its broken ability
I mean as long as it has the crappy stats in the right spots it should be good. The whole problem is that "Toxic Everything" is not the best possible gimmick and it would REALLY to be defensive (with a good healing move) in order to work out.

FINALLY something that at the very least resembles a reptile.

Don't forget that, by virtue of being a Poison-type, Toxic cannot miss. At all.

x4 resist fairy and new type combination, paired with an excellent ability. Good job.
... and a double weakness to Ground. If it can get anything close to usable, I guess it will resort to using Air Balloons.

Upstart

Copy Cat
I can't believe they're releasing so many Mons this early. Hopefully it's indicative of a big generation. Ironically, as much as I hated the drought of information, I don't want them to play their hand too early. I imagine they've got some real tricks up their sleeves though to overdrive the hype train through the fall. But as long as the quality in pokes of this gen both in appearance and competitive viability keeps up, I'll be happy.

This new poison type may be my favorite yet. I hoping it's ability allows it to hit steels for neutral damage with poison attacks.

I wonder if this ability would also allow Salandit to hit Steel types with any poison move for neutral damage. As is, Corrosion allows the RNG to land a poison on poison types with sludge bomb and the like, but not with steels because sludge bomb couldn't hit to trigger the rng. So I ultimately wouldnt be surprised if Corrosion bypassed the steel immunity to all poison moves, not just toxic

... and a double weakness to Ground. If it can get anything close to usable, I guess it will resort to using Air Balloons.[/quote]

Idk, inmunities to ground are very common in a team, and we also know about some Pokémon beign x4 weak to some type and yet they are threats in the OU meta. Salandit stats/movepool will tell..

Neat typing;
4x resist fairy, grass, bug.
2x resist poison, fighting, fire, ice, steel.

Pretty nice, obvious 4x resist fairy tho the small things like quad resist U turn, 4x resist grass (tho guess biggest usage of this one would be 4x resist contrary leaf storms) is good.

I can't believe they're releasing so many Mons this early. Hopefully it's indicative of a big generation. Ironically, as much as I hated the drought of information, I don't want them to play their hand too early. I imagine they've got some real tricks up their sleeves though to overdrive the hype train through the fall. But as long as the quality in pokes of this gen both in appearance and competitive viability keeps up, I'll be happy.

This new poison type may be my favorite yet. I hoping it's ability allows it to hit steels for neutral damage with poison attacks.
It seems that the Ability allows only to inflict the Poison status on all Pokemon, irregardless of any type. Besides, it doesn't really need to inflict neutral damage on Steel-types with Poison attacks, since it can already inflict supereffective damage with Fire attacks.

Yeah thinking about it now, if this mon gets an evolution with acceptable stats then Salandit is going to support dragon types beautifully. Burns all the steels to death and shreds fairies, with nice type synergy to boot. I'm optimistic about this thing (plus I'd hate to see such a good design go to waste).

It seems that the Ability allows only to inflict the Poison status on all Pokemon, irregardless of any type. Besides, it doesn't really need to inflict neutral damage on Steel-types with Poison attacks, since it can already inflict supereffective damage with Fire attacks.
I mean it would be able to deal damage to Heatran who otherwise is immune to its stabs.

I mean it would be able to deal damage to Heatran who otherwise is immune to its stabs.
Well, it's not like it needs to be able to take down every single Steel-type. Besides, we don't know its coverage moves. It may be able to learn a Ground-type attack to deal with the most problematic Steel-types, in case poisoning them doesn't work.

Ironically enough, Salandit should be able to poison itself, due to its Ability...

I wonder if its ability would trigger if a Steel or Poison-type switches into Toxic Spikes while Salandit is in.

Hey Smogon staff, after the official release of Pokemon Sun and Moon, will you be adding the 3D sprites for the seventh gen Pokemon?

Suddenly thinking twice about choosing Litten as my starter. Eh, could always go two fire-types.

I'm hoping information slows down to this rate. The last couple months we've had massive influxes of information; just big batches of Pokémon all revealed at once not long after the last. Getting revealed just one Pokémon at a time from this point on until some really big news drop like a new gimmick or gym leader or something would be an ideal pace.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Salandit females not only release toxic gases, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pokémon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit’s will.
Is this just meaningless flavour, or could it be hinting at a female-only evolution or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)