Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, they're clearly investing a lot in new typings and abilities, great!
Salandit is definitely one of my favorite 7th gen 'mons, both design-wise and for its typing, even if doesn't feel "fully evolved" yet. Really hoping it'll get a strong evo, its description looks like one of a first stage. Corrosion is cool, but if it'll let to hit steel types with any poison move it'll be much much cooler.
I'd love Salandit to be the first stage for the pseudo-legendary line, maybe based on monitor lizards (with the last stage being a Komodo Dragon).

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Is this just meaningless flavour, or could it be hinting at a female-only evolution or something?
Maybe just to make the bestiality poke fans happy?

Nah, kidding.
Hidden ability based on infatuation sounds cool.
I like how they are investing so much in abilities this gen.

Last edited:
Poison/Fire... why do I think of something.... oh yeah, that CAP original Mollux. Cool.

Still, the design's sick. Not what I like, but I know many would think it's cool. Still, double weakness to Ground... I wonder how it'll fare then....

I'm eager to see even more unique type combinations. And even wilder abilities. Looks like they're really going to reshape the game wildly.

Last edited:
I don't recall of we've seen status effects actually inflicted up to this point (Someone correct me if I'm wrong..) so I'm just going to assume toxic wouldn't have been a blinking icon normally?

My guess would be the poison status is lost on switch out. And there's not gonna be a reason to sit in with a steel when there's stab fire moves coming. If the status is lost on switch, it's not NEARLY as broken as being able to badly poison a whole team and just stall them out.

I personally LOVE the design though. The head in particular with all its allusions to a skull. And it's at rest animation is pretty cute.

Woah, they're clearly investing a lot in new typings and abilities, great!
Salandit is definitely one of my favorite 7th gen 'mons, both design-wise and for its typing, even if doesn't feel "fully evolved" yet. Really hoping it'll get a strong evo, its description looks like one of a first stage. Corrosion is cool, but if it'll let to hit steel types with any poison move it'll be much much cooler.
I'd love Salandit to be the first stage for the pseudo-legendary line, maybe based on monitor lizards (with the last stage being a Komodo Dragon).
Tbh, even if its poison type moves cannot hit opposing steel Pokémon, you usually don't switch your Steel Pokémon into a Fire Type.

It has a really cool design, type, and ability I can totally see this thing in stall.

Even the battle cry it has sounds like "You don't like poison right? Here's poison for everyone even other poison types and steels".

It face has the most evil smile ever.

they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pokémon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit’s will.
That's the best bait for pokemon fans that draw manga. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
I don't recall of we've seen status effects actually inflicted up to this point (Someone correct me if I'm wrong..) so I'm just going to assume toxic wouldn't have been a blinking icon normally?
Seeing how status immunities have worked so far, poison should not wear out - typing makes you immune to having the status inflicted, but it does not heal the status if you happen to get it (Try switching Imposter Ditto to a Poison-type when there are Toxic Spikes). Only abilities do that (e.g. If you use Toxic with a Mold Breaker user on a Pokemon with Immunity, they recieve the status but heal afterwards).

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know this gen 6 mechanic, but I guess the closest check we could have is Soak + toxic on a steel or poison type, then switch out. If anyone feels like trying it before I get back from work (or just if anyone who know the mechanic can tell me)

Seeing how status immunities have worked so far, poison should not wear out - typing makes you immune to having the status inflicted, but it does not heal the status if you happen to get it (Try switching Imposter Ditto to a Poison-type when there are Toxic Spikes). Only abilities do that (e.g. If you use Toxic with a Mold Breaker user on a Pokemon with Immunity, they recieve the status but heal afterwards).
I know that but we've seen nothing to say that the status should be blinking when it never has before and it's possible an all new ability would have a different mechanic..like I said unless we've seen status applied yet and all statuses just blink now all the time

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Maybe it only blinks to indicate that it is Toxic poison, not just regular old poison.
Unless it's blinking as a hint that it's badly poisoned, as opposed to regular poison.
It's blinking because otherwise it would cover up the level and gender symbols you dummies.

The game has always had white text = normal poison, purple text = bad poison. This looks no different.

Maybe it only blinks to indicate that it is Toxic poison, not just regular old poison.
Unless it's blinking as a hint that it's badly poisoned, as opposed to regular poison.
I guess my faith in GF doing some balancing may be misplaced, but someone remind me of this so I can check if we see status again
It's blinking because otherwise it would cover up the level and gender symbols you dummies.

The game has always had white text = normal poison, purple text = bad poison. This looks no different.
I didn't even realize that they'd changed where status was displayed lol

Well... unless you're up against a Heatran, there doesn't appear to be a need with STAB flamethrower.
Tbh, even if its poison type moves cannot hit opposing steel Pokémon, you usually don't switch your Steel Pokémon into a Fire Type.
I'm talking about the ability in general. Also, being forced to run toxic could cause 4ms on offensive mons, while moves like sludge bomb, gunk shot or poison fang can poison the target too without losing offensive pressure.

Wow, Salandite will be a pain in the ass for Stall teams.
It absorbs Burns and Toxic, removes Toxic Spikes, 8 resistances (where 3 are 4x), ability to Toxic Steel/Poison types, good offensive typing... but i'm guessing that it won't have good stats if this is in it's description: "Salandit is not a very powerful Pokémon".

Maybe a slow defensive spread? maybe it gets an evolution?
I'm trying not to hype myself because Gamefreak.

Last edited:
Here's a question. Can Delcatty use a Normalized Toxic on a Steel or Psychic type? I'm pretty sure she can use a Normalized Thunder Wave on Ground types.

Wow, Salandite would be a pain in the ass for Stall teams.
It absorbs Burns and Toxic, removes Toxic Spikes, 8 resistances (where 3 are 4x), ability to Toxic Steel/Poison types, good offensive typing... but i'm guessing that it won't have good stats if this is in it's description: "Salandit is not a very powerful Pokémon".

Maybe a slow defensive spread? maybe it evolves?
I'm trying not to hype myself because Gamefreak.
I have my worries as it's a lizard. I don't remember many, if any, Pokemon that are based on lizards that have high defensive stats.

Here's a question. Can Delcatty use a Normalized Toxic on a Steel or Psychic type? I'm pretty sure she can use a Normalized Thunder Wave on Ground types.
If Normalize makes Thunder Wave a Normal-type move, Thunder Wave can affect Ground-type Pokémon but not Ghost-type Pokémon, unless the Ghost-type Pokémon is holding a Ring Target.
^ From Bulbapedia.
For the Steel type, iirc, they are immune to the status poison, not only a specific move like Thunder Wave. So that wouldn't work.

I guess my faith in GF doing some balancing may be misplaced, but someone remind me of this so I can check if we see status again
Knowing GF, they're probably gonna do balancing solely for doubles.

Real talk, hot damn do I love that design. It's wicked cool, and I feel it has quite a bit of potential for an awesome evolution. Especially since it's a bandit too. Interestingly, it makes no mention of Salandit being a bandit, despite its name partly deriving from the word, and the fact that it seems to have some sort of mask on. Perhaps it will be explored more when/if it evolves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)