Social The Smogon Photo Album

last week i spend one of the best weekends of my entire life in columbus, ohio for vgc nationals. i don't take an insane amount of pictures, really i take very few, but i can't convey how fun the weekend really was. i flew to detroit with Jibaku on wednesday and we spent the night at Nails house. the next day, we left hella early and drove to cedar point, ohio and had a blast with SamVGC and this guy dane (agentorangejulius). we had a blast roller coasting and such, and then drove our asses to our hotel in columbus in which we shared the weekend with kamikaze17. that night was pretty stressful because 4/5 of us in the hotel room (me, jibaku, kamikaze17, and samvgc) were finishing up our teams for the next day xd. we ended up going to bed kind of late, waking up early, scrambling to get mons, and heading out to the convention center. at the convention center, we checked in and got ready to start the ~competitive weekend~. nationals was structured with two days of swiss, day one on friday where you need to go 7-2 to qualify for the next day, on saturday. saturday was another round of swiss where 4-2 qualified you for top 12. then seeds 5-12 played games to determine who'd join seeds 1-4 in the top 8, and it was single elimination. i finished in twelfth place <3 <3 <3. fun fact, i played Ace Emerald in swiss

throughout nationals, we met so many of our friends, it was wild. hung out with Celestavian Laurel TheFourthChaser R Inanimate Human Braverius and so many other friends who I don't think have smogon accounts or I'm not willing to figure them out, including but not limited to (because i will forget names) lunar, tman, unreality, angel miranda, Biosci, chuppa cross, rookievgc, jeudy, jio, jonathan evans, kamaal harris, mancuso, conan, and honestly loads of other people. it was an absolute fucking blast and i loved every minute of the weekend

jibbers on the left, me on the right

from left to right in both: me, jibaku, nails, samvgc

interviewed by duy ha

black guy is kamaal harris

the guy in the tanktop is rookievgc. we were playing each other that round and blatantly scouting the fuck out of each other, to the point where he asked me to fill in moves and information in his notebook haha. he beat me this round but it's okay since he won the whole tournament

as in, his first belgium waffle. jibaku on the left

left to right: kamikaze17, laurel, blara, jibaku, samvgc, nails

all in all, i had a fantastic weekend, made and saw loads of my friends, and made 540 dollars playing pokemon!

Last edited:
So my super sick garage rock/punk/whatever band, The Breadsticks, has been getting off the ground with our first couple shows, and I asked my photographer friend to get our first gig

All images reasonably sized
unfortunately there are more of these than the actual gig (that have me in it lol) but wutevz

(my second tom ended up being horribly mispositioned because I didn't tighten it enough which is funny considering how long I took to put the drums together but I worked with it anyway)

There are some others I'm not in that are amazing, if you check us out on facebook you can see those (soon)

If you don't mind downloading, you can check out these short videos from our second gig on Friday (you can't see me but you can hear me on both drums AND "vocals" >:D), they're phone quality so not great lol but the audio came out fine!

Back in the USSR
Psycho Killer

We rock lol

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Welp I have hit a milestone I never thought I would hit, 2k posts. Throughout my time here, I have met a lot of great people (s/o's below) and I figured it was time to share some pictures with all you guys. I wish I had the time to give everyone a personalized s/o, but I have so many great friends and people that I have met here that this would take way longer than it should so just know that each and every one of you guys that I met through this site, whether you have quit or are still around, are people I consider to be my friends and I have a special place in my heart for each and everyone of you guys <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)