Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't that just keldeo though? I mean, keldeo is literally a horse from the sea. A sea - horse. Hippocampus if ever I've seen one.

eh, I guess, but I'd still prefer if marshadow wasn't a water type. Looking at this region's map, it has more surfing areas than hoenn, from island to island, as well as a whole bunch of other bodies of water. This pretty much tells us we're looking at a predominantly water-type dex, and it would just be really bland for me if Marshadow is one of them.

Guys, while doing research, I may have happened on something huge.

While trying to find the supposed leaked other guardians, I came across this. What is it, you ask? It's Koko Crater on Oahu, Hawaii. I went and looked at the picture of Alola where the person compared it to locations in Hawaii. The person marked the crater on the 'home' island as 'Diamond Head,' but after doing some research, it's also called Koko Head. Minus the obvious connection to Tapu Koko, the difference in names leads me to believe that Koko means Diamond. You know who has diamonds as a main element in their designs? Tapu Koko.

So I said 'Hey, what about the other areas that look suitable for the island guardians (the giant tree on the leftmost island, the volcanic area on the top right island, and the icy mountain on the rightmost island)

And I found two possibilities for two of those 'guardian lookin' ' areas.

(please note i'm using the names in the comparison map above, so please look at it)

1. The top right island, known as Maui, is home to a volcanic area known as Haleakala. According to Hawaiian legend, a god name Pele created that volcano. A name that was mentioned in the 'leak' of the guardians.

2: The leftmost island, the one officially called Hawaii here, is home to Mauna Kea, and icy mountain. A god, known as Poli'ahu is known to reside there. While no mention of this name is in the 'leak' there is one connection to Pele. Pele and Poli'ahu are sworn enemies. (Makes sense, one is in an icy area, one is in a firey area.)

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything for the large tree on the leftmost island, Kaua'i. There is a Hanalei Valley, but I could not find any gods or other being that represented it. This, of course could mean there is a Tapu Hana of some sort, or Tapu Lei.

Heck, I don't even know if they'll keep the 'Tapu' for 'em.

While trying to find the supposed leaked other guardians, I came across this. What is it, you ask? It's Koko Crater on Oahu, Hawaii. I went and looked at the picture of Alola where the person compared it to locations in Hawaii. The person marked the crater on the 'home' island as 'Diamond Head,' but after doing some research, it's also called Koko Head. Minus the obvious connection to Tapu Koko, the difference in names leads me to believe that Koko means Diamond. You know who has diamonds as a main element in their designs? Tapu Koko.

So I said 'Hey, what about the other areas that look suitable for the island guardians (the giant tree on the leftmost island, the volcanic area on the top right island, and the icy mountain on the rightmost island)

(please note i'm using the names in the comparison map above, so please look at it)

1. The top right island, known as Maui, is home to a volcanic area known as Haleakala. According to Hawaiian legend, a god name Pele created that volcano. A name that was mentioned in the 'leak' of the guardians.

2: The leftmost island, the one officially called Hawaii here, is home to Mauna Kea, and icy mountain. A god, known as Poli'ahu is known to reside there. While no mention of this name is in the 'leak' there is one connection to Pele. Pele and Poli'ahu are sworn enemies. (Makes sense, one is in an icy area, one is in a firey area.)

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything for the large tree on the leftmost island, Kaua'i. There is a Hanalei Valley, but I could not find any gods or other being that represented it. This, of course could mean there is a Tapu Hana of some sort, or Tapu Lei.

Interesting....
"Koko Crater is also known as Kohelepelepe, which means "labia minor" in the Hawaiian language. It got this name from an ancient legend, which tells of one of the sisters of the volcano goddess Pele named Kapo, who had a magical "flying vagina" that she could send anywhere. When Kamapua'a, the pig god, tried to rape Pele, Kapo came to help her. She distracted Kamapua'a by throwing her vagina to Koko Head, where it made the crater."​

Interesting....
"Koko Crater is also known as Kohelepelepe, which means "labia minor" in the Hawaiian language. It got this name from an ancient legend, which tells of one of the sisters of the volcano goddess Pele named Kapo, who had a magical "flying vagina" that she could send anywhere. When Kamapua'a, the pig god, tried to rape Pele, Kapo came to help her. She distracted Kamapua'a by throwing her vagina to Koko Head, where it made the crater."​
Good Night everyone!

God I love mythology XD, now wait for a poketuber explaining this to 8yold American kids.

Sooo... the other three should be Hearts, Clubs, and Spades?

Interesting....
So (if we're assuming that they're keeping the 'Tapu') we could assume we'll get at least Tapu Pele/Tapu Kapo? Or some iteration of that? Kapo could be the tree on the left island, as she's the god of fertility and a tree could theoretically symbolize that? I'm not sure about Poli'ahu, though. Maybe something like Tapu Poli, if we stick with the two syllable pattern?

Then again, this is all speculation and I could be ENTIRELY wrong, but it's not bad to theorize.

Sooo... the other three should be Hearts, Clubs, and Spades?
I'm not necessarily saying that, just that they matched up.

OH NO I JUST FOUND SOMETHING BETTER AAAA

I was looking stuff up for Hawaii and this Hawaiian website lead me to a thing called 'The Four Bodies' Intrigued, I looked at it, because as far as we know there's four 'deity's' for the islands.
When I came upon the first body, the physical body, I almost jumped out of my seat.
Is made up of flesh and blood.
A few days ago, I had translated Koko to english from hawaiian from curiosity.
Koko means blood in hawaiian.
Which means this probably isn't a coincidence.
Not to mention the fact that Tapu Koko looks like the 'head' of a totem pole. and a totem pole has different 'bodies'

if you give me a second, I'll try to translate some stuff to hawaiian. Granted, I'm using google, but it's the best I have.

Proposal names, hurrah!

So the four bodies are Physical, Emotional, Mental, and Spiritual. Here's the closest things to a 'tapu koko' like name I could find
Emotional: Loka
Mental: lolo or manao
Spiritual: Uhane (the only thing I could get)

........i really like theorizing stuff, oops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Proposal names, hurrah!

So the four bodies are Physical, Emotional, Mental, and Spiritual. Here's the closest things to a 'tapu koko' like name I could find
Emotional: Loka
Mental: lolo or manao
Spiritual: Uhane (the only thing I could get)

........i really like theorizing stuff, oops.
I am so actually glad you're having fun with this. And these are all good proposals! I think the Four Bodies basis here has good potential.

I am so actually glad you're having fun with this. And these are all good proposals! I think the Four Bodies basis here has good potential.
About that, actually, I theorized what the story could be about a few weeks ago. I'll sum it up in a shortish paragraph.

my theory is that the evil team is actually a big corporation bent on making Alola a tourist-attracting, moneymaking machine.
I think this because it's actually kinda a problem in present day hawaii: people are erasing their culture for the sake of 'hula dances ' and the like.
Not to mention the legendaries, which look oddly more technological than any other legendaries and even seem out of place for a region with lush green nature all around it.
But who else has the trailers been mentioning? Zygarde and Magearna.
Zygarde, according to the pokemon website, monitors the ecosystem from the cave it resides in. What can disrupt ecosystems, as it has in out own? Technology, folks.
What pokemon look slightly like modern tech? Solgaleo and Lunala.
(not to mention the possible ecological effect from the theorized evil team.)

I'm going to bed, guys! hopefully corocoro leaks come out while I'm asleep and maybe introduce new possibilities oto prove/disprove theories! (and oh gosh would I scream if it were a 'come back next time' sort thing)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope to witness the leaks tonight, although I can't be too sure if the Chinese leaks are truly accurate. The dolphin and snowman sound too good to be true until they realize.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I just checked and it's after 1 PM in Tokyo right now. I think it's too late for the leaks to be today.

I'm so thirsty for leak it's not even funny.

Unlike other people, I'm really digging the leaked final evolution of Litten. Fire/Dark combo is really cool too. If the leak is true Litten might be my go-to starter instead of Rowlett.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think we're getting a bit off topic, let's try not to get this thread closed before CoroCoro news is released (or after if it's nothing news).

If we're hardpressed on "leaks"/rumors, try looking up some Youtube videos of Pokemon Sun & Moon discussion. One Youtuber names TheOneIntegral had posted quite a few including the Alchemy theory one I posted here. However there are dozens (if not hundreds) of Sun & Moon discussion videos.

Though watch hours after posting this the CoroCoro leaks come in ending "free for all" discussion on here (though not on Smogon's IRC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)