Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the leaks Rockruff is in a corner with some words does it say anything interesting about it or it is just a recap of what we know already? Mimikkyu uses a wooden stick?! That's interesting I guess it won't be enough to learn Woodhammer (Cain chin gets woodhammered from the back into oblivion.)

Humanity received a grim remainder that they could get a hug from Kiteruguma and so it begins the fight for survival

I wonder if Kiteruguma are hunted by Yuungos since lore says Yuungos were introduced for a species of overly populated dangerous pokemon. Kiteruguma has signs advising of how dangerous the bear is...that's as far as I can speak about this.

Last edited:
The sizing of the ツ is difficult to see that way. Maybe it is indeed Mimitsukiyu while avoiding the blatant "mimic you" phrase, although I see the ツ is slightly smaller. Also, 杞憂 kiyuu means overly anxiety.
Kinda makes sense, as it may be referencing "Mimitsukiyu's" hate of sunlight, using the cloth to hide away from it. But yeah, there was a correction confirming that it is indeed Mimikkyu.

Simplistic designs, and both quite unsettling to look at... Kiteguruma's lack of expression I find comical; see as it casually breaks a wood in two, all the while having that soulless expression. Its description is actually a bit depressing. ;3; This bear is rightfully dealt with caution for its notorious, spine-breaking hugs.

I'm warming up quickly to Mimikkyu. I'll just call him Pikaboo for now lol. There's a slight mystique surrounding the design, because of what is just underneath that cloth! Similar to Diglett's case, with its lower body hidden beneath the ground. Anyways, its ability sounds like an Imposter/Illusion clone. However, I'm going out there and guess that it'll give the user a free substitute upon switch-in.

That bear might just be the single most derpy-looking Pokemon I've ever seen.

Digging Pikaboo though. Great typing (only two weaknesses), and I'm hoping it's ability/stats are good.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Kiteruguma Looks almost exactly like a life-sized stuffed bear that my mom used to have (its torso was pink though); I used to have frequent nightmares about that thing coming to life as a kid to the point where I had frequent bouts of insomnia.

Thanks Game Freak for mentally scarring me once again. ;-;

I'm liking that name.
Pikaboo was a coined name for a theoreized/wishlisting dead Ghost Pikachu or, after Marill proved that Pikachu knock-offs were going to come every-gen, that they'd make a Ghost typed knock off.

I'm digging this one. Hope Disguise is an opening for form changes pre-battle not during battle.

Ghost/Fairy? So what does that lead to resistances/weakness wise?

Its immune to Fighting, Normal, and Dragon while only being weak to what? Ghost/Steel? Resists Bug (which is kinda pointless), but has most of the mono-typed weaknesses balanced out by compliments.

Everyone's talking about how good a defensive typing Ghost/Fairy is, but it's really damn good offensively too - nothing resists that combination outside of Pyroar, and no new Pokémon revealed so far resist both Ghost and Fairy either. Assuming, of course, this generation features no differences to the type chart.

and mega lopunny
true, though people said non-mega form on other sites.

Pikaboo was a coined name for a theoreized/wishlisting dead Ghost Pikachu or, after Marill proved that Pikachu knock-offs were going to come every-gen, that they'd make a Ghost typed knock off.

I'm digging this one. Hope Disguise is an opening for form changes pre-battle not during battle.

Ghost/Fairy? So what does that lead to resistances/weakness wise?

Its immune to Fighting, Normal, and Dragon while only being weak to what? Ghost/Steel? Resists Bug (which is kinda pointless), but has most of the mono-typed weaknesses balanced out by compliments.
Its a 4x resistance to bug, which isn't terrible. Being only weak to steel and ghost and having 3 immunities and 1 4x resistance is a pretty good type combination. Can fit into a decent amount of teams.

Everyone's talking about how good a defensive typing Ghost/Fairy is, but it's really damn good offensively too - nothing resists that combination outside of Pyroar, and no new Pokémon revealed so far resist both Ghost and Fairy either. Assuming, of course, this generation features no differences to the type chart.
that is true. it could be a very solid offensive pokemon if it has the stats for it.

Still no word on what these abilities do yet?

Oh God that bear...Maybe I'll warm up to it later but right now I am just really not a fan.

Pikaboo seems neat tho. Been wanting a Ghost/Fairy combo, and its design reminds me of those enemies from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (the ones who held up those doodled signs).

I have a feeling Pikaboo/Mimichu/whatever's "Ghost Leather/Disguise" will affect its typing somehow. Like, make it weak to ground types like Pikachu but still get ghost/fairy stab. Or something that doesn't sound convoluted.

Maybe Fluffy is the "special" Fur Coat..increase your special defense by 1.5??
That's not quite how Fur Coat works. Fur Coat decreases damage taken from moves that make physical contact. So Earthquake isn't decreased even though it is a physical move but Grass Knot is decreased even though it's a special move.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure what to think of the designs of these new Pokémon, but I do like the flavor text for them.

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm actually loving the bear. I don't get why people are so up in arms about a simplistic design. Not every Pokemon needs to have a complex design, some of the best Pokemon have very simplistic designs. I didn't like the look of the Ghost/Fairy at first but looking at it closer and from what I can see of its actual body, I'm feeling quite good about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 69)