Serious US Election Thread (read post #2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the problem is that the corporate media refuses to cover it. They want Clinton to be the President, while the conservative outlets that supports the establishment would rather have Clinton in office rather than Trump, let alone Sanders, who would rock the gravy train for them and their other rich buddies. Even conservative outlets like Fox news might say otherwise, but it's wealthy owner probably would trust he would do better under a Clinton administration than a Trump presidency.
Best for them not to do anything that would illegitimate the Clinton nomination in any way. That is how most people are kept under the impression that we live in a democracy, but if you took the time to watch those videos I liked, and analyzed them, you'd be questioning that just as much as me.
No, that isn't true in any light. The Fox news owner doesn't make donations to Hillary, so he won't get favors under a Clinton administration. That is how corporatism works. I don't get how every rich person has a "gravy train" under a progressive tax plan so please explain that one to me. Also the people who want Trump in office are more of the establishment (See Shaun Hannity). The never trump movement is based on non establishment conservatives who believe trump is the destruction of conservatives and the party itself. Other republicans are voting for trump on the whole premise that he isn't clinton. The only reason to not Illegitimate the Clinton nomination is because she is the only person in the United States who could be more despised than Trump and the only opponent he might beat in a general election. If the republican party put up an actual candidate, this race would be over because they would have hammered Hillary into the ground about literally every scandal she had and how everything she says she doesn't support she herself created (See TPP, iraq war, gay marriage, etc)

Okay, so maybe I don't know everything, and my guesses are wrong, I'll admit that. The fact is that this conspiracy, and indeed politics and the corporate media's role in it is one big puzzle, and I don't have the whole picture.

But there are also "old guard" establishment characters who would back Clinton before Trump, such as Bush, Romney, and McCain. While this might be because we all just share our hate of Trump, I suspect it is more part of a larger plan, and that is to hold the establishment, in whatever form it might take. The other establishment candidates are just typical greedy bastards who know Trump would be bad for the country, but are probably hoping for favors in return for supporting him. And Trump's tax plan would benefit the wealthy-including them anyways, so they have little to lose if he wins.

But nobody has debunked or explained what has been shown and found in those videos that I posted. The findings haven't even been discussed here yet. Is it being blown out of proportion? Honestly, I hope so, but what I've seen over the years has convinced me we do not live a democracy, and that it is only supposed to look like one. I'd honestly like all the things you people probably see as conspiracy nonsense to be false, but call be paranoid, I'm convinced it is probably all true.

There is no "old guard" who would support Clinton before Trump. Bush, Romney, and McCain would rather see Trump removed as the Gop ticket and a new candidate replaced, but non of them in any way shape or form would ever support clinton. I really don't feel like defending Clinton so Ill leave it with the fact that she got away with a federal crime should be the thing that tipped you off about her. And if Bernie had an actual case against her, he wouldn't have endorsed her.

There is no "old guard" who would support Clinton before Trump. Bush, Romney, and McCain would rather see Trump removed as the Gop ticket and a new candidate replaced, but non of them in any way shape or form would ever support clinton. I really don't feel like defending Clinton so Ill leave it with the fact that she got away with a federal crime should be the thing that tipped you off about her. And if Bernie had an actual case against her, he wouldn't have endorsed her.
True that they'd rather have Trump booted out in favor of an establishment candidate. It remains to be seen if they can even pull it off. Doing so could (and likely would) spark massive protests. Actually, scratch that, I think Trump supporters would pick up their pitchforks and shotguns, and make an ultimatum. Order might be restored (assuming it doesn't spiral out of control), but it'd still come off as pretty much a coup d état at the Cleveland convention, and convince many Americans that democracy is dead. So we see some Republicans supporting Clinton instead, or not endorsing Trump at the very least. I'll give that I can't remember the names, and I probably should have actually done some research before listing Bush, Romney, and McCain. But the fact they don't plan to attend the convention means they probably wouldn't back Trump unless they had a gun placed to their head (and to be fair, I wouldn't even if a gun was placed to my head. At best, I'd lie just to get way, and vote for anyone but him!!!)

And I feel that Clinton getting away with what would land us in a federal prison and all the different types of voter fraud are probably connected to the same group, whether directly, or just being taken advantage of. There's even a petition to have Clinton charged with perjury for lying to the FBI that she didn't have classified e-mails on her server (which we later found out she did!!!)!

True that they'd rather have Trump booted out in favor of an establishment candidate. It remains to be seen if they can even pull it off. Doing so could (and likely would) spark massive protests. Actually, scratch that, I think Trump supporters would pick up their pitchforks and shotguns, and make an ultimatum. Order might be restored (assuming it doesn't spiral out of control), but it'd still come off as pretty much a coup d état at the Cleveland convention, and convince many Americans that democracy is dead. So we see some Republicans supporting Clinton instead, or not endorsing Trump at the very least. I'll give that I can't remember the names, and I probably should have actually done some research before listing Bush, Romney, and McCain. But the fact they don't plan to attend the convention means they probably wouldn't back Trump unless they had a gun placed to their head (and to be fair, I wouldn't even if a gun was placed to my head. At best, I'd lie just to get way, and vote for anyone but him!!!)

And I feel that Clinton getting away with what would land us in a federal prison and all the different types of voter fraud are probably connected to the same group, whether directly, or just being taken advantage of. There's even a petition to have Clinton charged with perjury for lying to the FBI that she didn't have classified e-mails on her server (which we later found out she did!!!)!
Since a majority of trump supporters are saying that they will only support trump since he isn't Hillary, so if the RNC finds the right candidate then they can still keep a majority of the support and probably do much better. But at the same time, the majority of anti trump people are just wanting trump to run as 2016 so they can hammer all the big trump supporters and lay the Hillary campaign right at their feet and get them to shut up for 20 years

Reactions: JES
Since a majority of trump supporters are saying that they will only support trump since he isn't Hillary, so if the RNC finds the right candidate then they can still keep a majority of the support and probably do much better. But at the same time, the majority of anti trump people are just wanting trump to run as 2016 so they can hammer all the big trump supporters and lay the Hillary campaign right at their feet and get them to shut up for 20 years
I imagine they want to get all the hardcore Trump supporters to shut up and stop embarrassing the entire country until...like the universe freezes over. But then, who wouldn't?

And speaking of Trump, word has it (if my father's news source is accurate) that Mike Pence might be a VP pick. Considering that this is a guy who considered the accursed Citizens United to be a victory, I'm hoping that if true, that this will give the Clinton campaign plenty of ammunition to hammer Trump into the ground as a con artist who doesn't stand for the things he claims to.

I'm hoping it's not true, because I'd hoped this race couldn't get any worse.

Fun Fact: The last 11 posts in this thread have solely consisted of posts between JES and manodelrey in alternating order.

---

Anyway, in other news, Trump is supposedly picking Mike Pence for VP, but this is unconfirmed. Any thoughts?

Glad to see Jill Stein and the Green Party receive a nice boost.

Fun Fact: The last 11 posts in this thread have solely consisted of posts between JES and manodelrey in alternating order.

---

Anyway, in other news, Trump is supposedly picking Mike Pence for VP, but this is unconfirmed. Any thoughts?
Seems to be just about confirmed, we'll know for sure in a few hours in the A.M.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Time to use math to burst bubbles........

Donations surging by 1000% isn't a sign of massive support. It's a sign of having roughly zero donations beforehand.

"Since Tuesday morning, the Green Party has received over $80,000 in contributions, over half of which comes from first-time donors, and half of which comes in the form of contributions under $50. Tellingly, about 615 of those contributions totalled $27"

hmmm let's do some math. 80,000 is a surge of 1000%? That means their typical day beforehand was below $8,000. LOL.
hmmm let's do some more math 615 * 27 = 16605... That's suspiciously already making up a significant portion of the total donations... because it's really not very much. I mean when 615 people contributing not very much adds up to more than double what you were typically bringing in before, that says a lot.

Since half of the contributions were under $50, we can assume the average is somewhere in the order of magnitude near $50...
if the average is $50 then she received donations from somewhere around 1600 people in a day.

Assuming Bernie Sanders' claim of an average of $27 donation is correct, and he brought in $222,191,776 as of June 27, 2016 according to the FEC, then here's some math. This assumes no repeat donations from a single person, which is probably false but whatever.
Bernie received donations from around 8,229,325 people. Probably way less because high donations are much higher than $27. The real number is probably closer to half that, maybe even lower. So I'll be super conservative to be kind to Jill Stein in this comparison and say 4 million people. The amount of time Bernie's campaign had to raise that money was from April 30, 2015 to June 27, 2016. That's 425 days.

4 million people donating over the course of 425 days is an average of 9411 people donating per day.
In other terms, if he raised $222,191,776 over 425 days, he raised an average of $522,804 per day that he was running.

So basically on Jill Stein's best ever day where she got her "massive" Bernie bump, she brought in around 15% of an AVERAGE day for Bernie with those donations coming from somewhere around 17% as many people as Bernie had in an AVERAGE day.

And that bump is going to fade in a week at best. Then she'll be back to bringing in 10-20k per day, which is just not enough to do anything when you consider the election is in about 100 days. She'd raise by then, including what she's done so far, maybe $2.5 million at most? That's 5 days of average Bernie fundraising.

What a bump.

---

Fun fact confirmed lol.

Also if Trump picks Pence, then there isn't anything saving the Trump campaign. Can't wait to watch him burn.

Hey I have a huge problem with actual conservatives in the republican party how do I solve that? Duuuude lets go Mike Pence. Fucking genius

I viewed Mike Pence's voting record/stances and it appears he is a disgusting human being. Why are ultra-conservative GOP caricatures so common?

In a nutshell, he's very, very much against women/minority/LGBT rights, freedom of speech, privacy, important social programs, environmental protections, ...; he's anti-worker/anti-consumer, anti-tech/anti-communication, .... This ranges from preventing hate crime classification against LGBT to limiting freedom of expression (e.g., flag burning) to making English the official language of the United States.

Last edited:
Things Pence has done that aren't conservative and don't appeal to the part of the party that won't vote for trump or completely contradicts trump

1. Pence expanded Medicaid under Obamacare
2. Supports the fair trade that Trump doesn't
3. Implemented Common Core
4. Pence caved on the religious freedom act
5. Pence is an advocate for touchback amnesty

The thing is though, Trump's Mike Pence pick wasn't geared towards moderates at all. Trump thinks that he is more appealing to moderates than to grassroots christian conservatives (lol), hence the Pence Pick.

Trump surprises everybody, for all we know, he may continue to strengthen his position in the race without Pence affecting him much.

Honestly I thought Flynn would be a superior pick to Pence, to the point where I don't see the logic in not picking Flynn.

Though this is Trump so the things he does which we think are political suicide are probably just going to help him.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Mike Pence on the issues said:
    • Future of conservatism demands traditional marriage. (Feb 2008)
    • Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation. (Nov 2007)
    • Voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006)
    • Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)
    • Voted YES on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage. (Sep 2004)
    • Voted YES on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance. (Sep 2004)
    • Voted YES on constitutional amendment prohibiting flag desecration. (Jun 2003)
    • Supports anti-flag desecration amendment. (Mar 2001)
    • Require "Privacy Impact Statement" on new federal rules. (Apr 2002)
  • ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting record. (Dec 2002)
  • Rated 0% by the HRC, indicating an anti-gay-rights stance. (Dec 2006)
  • Rated 22% by the NAACP, indicating an anti-affirmative-action stance. (Dec 2006)
  • Amend Constitution to define traditional marriage. (Jun 2008)
if ur voting for trump because he's "different" or "not a traditional politician" you can [ad hom insult for those people that is too harsh but not really because jesus christ fuck them] and examine who he picked as his running mate: a solid-republican uber-conservative party guy who not only doesnt support lgbtq ppl but also actively tries to make their everyday lives worse (RFRA anyone?).hes not "different" - he wants to win as much as HRC does. this isnt a joke anymore; all change is not positive change, for we havent quite hit the nadir yet. this (trump) would be sliding further downwards

The thing is though, Trump's Mike Pence pick wasn't geared towards moderates at all. Trump thinks that he is more appealing to moderates than to grassroots christian conservatives (lol), hence the Pence Pick.
It was Trump's appeal towards moderates. He would have gone with Gingrich if he wanted to appeal to more conservatives but Pence is a supporter of amnesty, caved in on the lgbt bill, and implemented both obamacare and common core in a red state like indiana. Doesn't scream conservative to me

---

Uh, I did break the news first. Which you'd see if you read my whole post above yours.

Anyways, it's like Trump is doing his best to force me to vote for that corrupt hag as much as possible if this is true!

Fun fact, the current election is between two people who are doing everything they can to lose the election
That actually could be good for third party candidates. If not for the fact that all of the skeptics and pundits are doing everything they can to get everyone to fall in line and vote for the lesser of two evils, because they are so scared of the other! But considering it is like, as one well-worded person on Twitter has said "like choosing between salmonella and campylobacter!", you'll have to forgive me if I call anyone out for not doing the logical thing, and voting for anyone but those two!

I mean, if we were Vulcan, we would have judged the two candidates as irrelevant and untrustworthy! It's illogical to vote for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)