Serious US Election Thread (read post #2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty cool that the Green party is getting such a boost. If they get enough presence and support they can siphon away votes from the Democratic Party and give Trump a win.
I recall the general reaction of Hillary Clinton supporters being something like this:

"Bernie Sanders supporters need to actually get off social media and actually show up to vote at the primaries."

"Bernie supporters are just spreading right wing bias about Hillary Clinton. She never voted for anything George W. Bush supported, no never!"

"Hillary has no ties to any shady corporations, stop spreading slander!"

"Hillary is not corrupt, shut your mouth."

"Hillary is honest and the most qualified candidate to become President. Sanders is just a senile old man."

Most Bernie Sanders supporters were never going to vote for Hillary Clinton in the first place, she's all the stuff Bernie Sanders was fighting against. Factor in all the bashing, Hillary/Democratic supporters are really trying to leech them to vote for Hillary simply because she's not Trump and are now getting whinny because they refuse to, this is the same textbook the Republican Party and Mitt Romney supporters threw at Ron Paul supporters in 2012 and rant about how they need to vote for Romney in order to stop Barack Obama being reelected.. I'd say the Democratic Party are getting exactly what they deserve and they have no one to blame but themselves if Donald Trump is elected. And speaking of which, realistically speaking most of the trash Trump rants about (that Hillary has a history of enforcing...) would never get passed by Congress. There isn't going to be a wall, Mexico isn't going to pay for it, and there won't be any type of profiling on Muslims. Most of Bernie Sanders's (or Jill Stein's) solutions wouldn't get passed either honestly.

I recall the general reaction of Hillary Clinton supporters being something like this:

"Bernie Sanders supporters need to actually get off social media and actually show up to vote at the primaries."

"Bernie supporters are just spreading right wing bias about Hillary Clinton. She never voted for anything George W. Bush supported, no never!"

"Hillary has no ties to any shady corporations, stop spreading slander!"

"Hillary is not corrupt, shut your mouth."

"Hillary is honest and the most qualified candidate to become President. Sanders is just a senile old man."

Most Bernie Sanders supporters were never going to vote for Hillary Clinton in the first place, she's all the stuff Bernie Sanders was fighting against. Factor in all the bashing, Hillary/Democratic supporters are really trying to leech them to vote for Hillary simply because she's not Trump and are now getting whinny because they refuse to, this is the same textbook the Republican Party and Mitt Romney supporters threw at Ron Paul supporters in 2012 and rant about how they need to vote for Romney in order to stop Barack Obama being reelected.. I'd say the Democratic Party are getting exactly what they deserve and they have no one to blame but themselves if Donald Trump is elected. And speaking of which, realistically speaking most of the trash Trump rants about (that Hillary has a history of enforcing...) would never get passed by Congress. There isn't going to be a wall, Mexico isn't going to pay for it, and there won't be any type of profiling on Muslims. Most of Bernie Sanders's (or Jill Stein's) solutions wouldn't get passed either honestly.
Wow, who have you been with? If I met anyone like that, I'd be like "here, this should get you started sweetie, and give me an hour, and I'm sure I can find more".
http://www.salon.com/2016/04/15/hil...honduras_it_should_be_as_scandalous_as_libya/
"Let me know when you're ready to vote with us, and which candidate you would prefer".

There's also the fact that Clinton manages to cover her tracks well enough to avoid prosecution, from Chinagate to the e-mail scandal, if ex-staff testimony is to be believed. Some say that the news media is part of a cover-up/conspiracy, and maybe that's true, but maybe it is also a case of not remembering the details, and letting it slide. Maybe it's both.

I could have sworn that Hillary said that there were no classified e-mails on her server while being interviewed by the FBI. My father says that she didn't remember. Then again, given that she has lied before, I think she just used the 30,000 e-mails she deleted (which were then recovered by the FBI through a cloud server unknown to her, but unfortunately, have been denied public access under the FOIA, so we don't know for sure if they were personal, or something shady is going on here) and the act of plausible deniability to avoid prosecution.

I also think it is possible that all of the FBI agents investigating her, if they found anything, might have been threatened, and/or their family and friends threatened, if they chose to prosecute. In order to sweeten the deal, offers of bribes of some sort might not be impossible, though any monetary bribes would be evident. I've also heard rumors they dropped it in order to investigate the Clinton Foundation of wrong-doings, if someone claiming to be an FBI agent is to be believed. Of course, given that he said the Bureau is mostly pro-Trump, I question the authenticity of his assertions.

I know this all sounds crazy, but we already know that she has lied and done some pretty bad things during her career that have benefited her or her benefactors, either directly or indirectly. There is also evidence that at least some of the primaries were rigged (which those who watched those videos I posted here know). And if there is a vast conspiracy, this is all related, and so the idea of threatening or bribing anyone who gets in the way of this conspiracy is not out of the question. I know I could be wrong. It's just a guess. But if Hillary hasn't done things of question morality (hah, that's putting it lightly!) in the past, I'd probably believe that the e-mails were a mistake (we're only human after all). But I don't believe in coincidences.

At least, it isn't anymore crazy than my father's assertion that Trump will try to take over the country if he becomes President (which we all know would lead to civil war/insurrection, since we Americans don't like being controlled/told what to do/screwed over/having our rights trampled over. Ask the Japanese. Or the British.).

And yes, most of Sander's/Stein's measures wouldn't get passed initially, because most of Congress has ties to people who would tell them "reject any progressive programs they write, or your perks/campaign contributions are history". Actually, they wouldn't even need a phone call. Most of them probably know what to do, and that is be stubborn and refuse to cooperate unless those holding their cheques gives them the okay. But you don't rebuild Rome in a day, and it would at least silence the pundits on the question if you could have a leader like that in the WH, instead of corrupt, bought politicians. The next step would be coordinated efforts to get these free-loaders out of Congress. Hopefully, the Gerrymandering could be overcome with enough votes, because I'd hate to see the alternative come to pass. ;)

So if you're not supporting Trump or Clinton (which is understandable), who are you supporting and why? What stances/positions are you looking for out of a candidate? Not just on one issue but on a broad spectrum.

This question is to everyone so just reply with an answer if you feel like it.

(Also I'm not trying to ask why you aren't voting for either one of the two, I'm just curious on your political positions)

So if you're not supporting Trump or Clinton (which is understandable), who are you supporting and why? What stances/positions are you looking for out of a candidate? Not just on one issue but on a broad spectrum.

This question is to everyone so just reply with an answer if you feel like it.

(Also I'm not trying to ask why you aren't voting for either one of the two, I'm just curious on your political positions)

https://johnsonweld.com/issues/

I will be supporting the ticket of Libertarian Party Presidential Nominee Governor Gary Johnson and Vice Presidential Nominee Governor Bill Weld. I did the ISideWith.com quiz a while back and I sided most with Gary Johnson on the issues. Gary Johnson will be on the ballot in all 50 states this November and is currently polling in nationally at 12%. 15% in five national debates would allow Gary Johnson to be in the general election presidential debates with Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Gary Johnson doesn't even have to lead in electoral votes to become President either, he would only have to get a few electoral votes in 2-3 states that it'd block Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump from receiving 270 electoral votes and forcing the election to get thrown into the House. The only real shot this scenario could have though at all is if Gary gets into the debates. Even if Johnson doesn't get elected, all is not lost. 5% of the vote for Gary Johnson in the general election would allow the Libertarian Party to receive federal funding and have auto-ballot access in 2020.

Just leaving this here because Sanders "sold out" to Clinton. Maybe everyone who supported Sanders over what he said and not his actions would learn, but sadly I doubt it.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
thanks for the link quickbh, i also liked that guy's 9/11 trutherism content and near-frothing Ron Paul erection! maybe you can explain why you, a trump supporter, is taking seriously the idea of a guy who considers isis the result of foreign intervention (which causes and fuels islamic terrorism) when trump wants to go after isis by hacking at it like a drunk dude going after his pubes with garden sheers?

1. Looking to make a new deal plan, like Obama's before it, this one will fail
2. Her foreign policy is absolutely atrocious and makes me think she never even looked at the isolationist policies pre WW2
3. She is going to use a "magic trick" to eliminate student debt
4. Pardoning Edward Snowden is fine, but saying he will be on her presidential cabinet is ridiculously stupid
5. Somehow in less that 14 years, the united states is suppose to run entirely on renewable energy. That is the statement of a mad woman.
6. She is an anti-vaccine and she somehow thinks that Pharmacy companies make a ton of money off vaccines and not the medicine they produce
7. Wants to put everyone on the government health program that has no money and is being rejected by doctors across the states.
8. Believes a true democracy in the middle east is somehow a terrorist organization, yet will overlook a terrorist organization and think it is a legitimate government

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
pharmaceutical companies actually do make a lot of money off of vaccines, fyi... (not that this means vaccines are bad or you should oppose their use lmao, just that they should probably be cheaper)

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My point about "vaccines should probably be cheaper" is not that vaccines make so much more money than anything else. It's that it's an industry that makes most of its money off of children who are required to get the vaccines in order to attend school (because this is a good idea). This is a classic case of where the government should become the single buyer of school-mandated vaccines and offer them at a breakeven price.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...ave-support-needed-to-force-rules-vote-225716

I can't remember the last time a candidate for the republican party has ever had to do this. I am struggling to find one example, like maybe Nixon but that is so far back. How on earth does this guy expect to beat the most beatable candidate in the history of the democrat party like this? How does the RNC expect to win? All you people worrying about trump winning should look at this, he can't even get a majority of republicans to back him. How on earth will a majority of americans back him?

never underestimate human stupidity
essentially the entire democratic party will be backing Hillary or a third party candidate, the independent voter will probably split 50/50 and trump will get maybe 40% of the republican vote. I know the saying you will never go broke betting on the stupidity of people, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that aside from a magic trick, there is no way for him to win

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
essentially the entire democratic party will be backing Hillary or a third party candidate, the independent voter will probably split 50/50 and trump will get maybe 40% of the republican vote. I know the saying you will never go broke betting on the stupidity of people, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that aside from a magic trick, there is no way for him to win
I can guarantee Trump is getting over 40% of the Republican vote because if all Republicans I know hate one thing it's Crooked Hillary Clinton

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That actually could be good for third party candidates. If not for the fact that all of the skeptics and pundits are doing everything they can to get everyone to fall in line and vote for the lesser of two evils, because they are so scared of the other! But considering it is like, as one well-worded person on Twitter has said "like choosing between salmonella and campylobacter!", you'll have to forgive me if I call anyone out for not doing the logical thing, and voting for anyone but those two!

I mean, if we were Vulcan, we would have judged the two candidates as irrelevant and untrustworthy! It's illogical to vote for them!
even if this is right for the presidency (it isn't, but i won't argue that here), it definitely isn't right overall politically

the individual voted in this time will determine at least 1 supreme court seat, and UP TO 3 potentially during his / her term as president...

that's INCREDIBLY significant, and even if you think hillary is an awful person and a terrible democrat, if you're even somewhat associated with the democratic party, you should vote her just for that (same thing goes for trump if you're associated with the republicans)

I can guarantee Trump is getting over 40% of the Republican vote because if all Republicans I know hate one thing it's Crooked Hillary Clinton
I mean maybe, but he makes it really hard to vote for him since he doesn't hammer that point home. His entire speech could be Hillary sucks just over and over again for 40 minutes and it will be a better speech than what he will actually give.

As for the vote for trump or hillary if you are somewhat associated with that party argument, also a terrible idea since both candidates don't properly represent the party they are supposedly running for, can't comment too much on the democrat side but if their rhetoric is anything to judge then I don't think they want a terrible lying candidate who has no problem killing people to help her reach her goals, feels she is above the law(apparently she is), and further promotes corporatism and favors for foreign governments that act against our best interests.

Btw does anyone know if Obama's daughters spoke at the last DNC convention? I would like to know what Melanie Trump's next speech will be

Reactions: JES
There is a big difference between the Democratic and Republican parties and if the Republican convention didn't make that clear to you then O_O

At least the Democrats can talk about a variety of topics \o

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Incredible that in the 21st century, we decide things by having people shout loudest.

Also, plagiarism is a SERIOUS offense. It cost Joe Biden a presidential race opportunity in the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)