Pokémon GO

Something about the art style and hair makes me think of Owain from Fire Emblem when I look at Spark. I do wonder what they have planned giving both human face and a Pokemon symbol to the teams. What relevance the teams will have beyond the gyms in the game's life. Maybe some kind of running competition, or something like Splatoon's Splatfests.

Even though the legendary birds weren't distributed at Comic Con, I feel like there will be some sort of distribution event for them (and legendary pokemon in general) just like the main series games. I think this is what the trailer was hinting at in that part with Mewtwo. Though this does kind of worry me, as that trailer specifically showed New York. I'm afraid that legendaries might be distributed in ways that might not be accessible to everyone, like some big event in a faraway state or country. Though the depiction in the trailer could have just been "rule of cool" at work.

About the team leaders, I feel like they were specifically designed to be relatable to all kinds of people. They have varying skin colors, one is male, one is female, and Blanche, while possibly female due to name, is pretty androgynous looking and could probably be interpreted as anything. I feel like this was done on purpose. Pokemon has been taking steps to become more inclusive, as we've been seeing in the main series games.

Just here to ask all of you Pokemon Trainers that have this app? How does it feel like to be a beta tester for a great yet developing App? For me, I'm honestly glad that I'll just get it late for it's not yet accessible at my place. So now, I'm just curious as to how much development would I get to experience once it comes to my place.

View attachment 66112
Pokemon GO is finally in Hong Kong. My church is a Poke Stop.
Cool! Just a few more and Philippines will be included. I had a vacation there at Hong Kong. It is an ok place and learn a bit of its troubled modern history. I hope the people there can feel bright with this app and somehow salvage the importance of mother nature. Sorry Miss Cresselia, but I feel terribly sorry for most of the modern kids somehow forgot the concept of farming. I still remember that tour guide's mentions of the history there.

Spark is making me regret choosing Team Mystic.
I agree! (And I chose team mystic as well!) Spark looks the coolest and he looks the most casual, whereas, the other 2 have richer looking clothes. I wonder what is going on with them!?

Serebii updating it's pokemon Go pages recently, be sure to check that out. I looked at the new page which has the ability to list all the pokemon based on attack, defence and HP. I was surprised to see Flareon in the top 5. Vaporeon didn't seem to rank high in any 3 of them. It must be an all rounder...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So what's new with Pokemon Go today:

Fans are making artwork of the new leaders and giving them personalities (for quick reference: Candela is a hot lesbian who might be/have been romantically involved with Blanche, Blanche is an ice queen and of ambiguous gender, and Spark is keet and being babysat by the other two).

The honeymoon is over, Nintendo's stocks have fallen because investors were confused about the ownership of Pokemon (Nintendo told investors that they only own one third of the Pokemon franchise causing many investors to sell, however there are still plenty who didn't so Nintendo still has an increased stock value though they aren't riding high as they did when it was released)

Rihanna tells fans to put their phones away before her concert (making mention of the Pokeemans) and someone seen playing Pokemon Go during a Beyonce concert (and some @$$hole overreacting about it).

A Mewtwo prank at a real life park in a shape of a Poke Ball draws hundreds (though they end up catching Blastoise, Gyarados, and Venusaurs there so it wasn't a total bust).

And finally the fad of "Karping" (leaving a weak Magikarp at a conquered Gym) meets the White House (designated as a Gym), so what message did it leave behind...

You know the stories revolving around Pokemon Go are kind of more entertaining than the app itself.

Last edited:
maybe you should've gone with your instincts
My instincts told me I like the color blue and Articuno is my favorite legendary bird, but Spark has so much personality compared to the others it makes him easy to like.

He's kind of like a mix of Gold, Ruby, and Pearl from Pokemon Adventures. Gold's spunk, Ruby's style, and Pearl's energy.

EDIT* He also has Blue/Green/Gary's pose and snarkiness I bet.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
So what's new with Pokemon Go today:

Fans are making artwork of the new leaders and giving them personalities (for quick reference: Candela is a hot lesbian who might be/have been romantically involved with Blanche, Blanche is an ice queen and of ambiguous gender, and Spark is keet and being babysat by the other two).

The honeymoon is over, Nintendo's stocks have fallen because investors were confused about the ownership of Pokemon (Nintendo told investors that they only own one third of the Pokemon franchise causing many investors to sell, however there are still plenty who didn't so Nintendo still has an increased stock value though they aren't riding high as they did when it was released)

Rihanna tells fans to put their phones away before her concert (making mention of the Pokeemans) and someone seen playing Pokemon Go during a Beyonce concert (and some @$$hole overreacting about it).

A Mewtwo prank at a real life park in a shape of a Poke Ball draws hundreds (though they end up catching Blastoise, Gyarados, and Venusaurs there so it wasn't a total bust).

And finally the fad of "Karping" (leaving a weak Magikarp at a conquered Gym) meets the White House (designated as a Gym), so what message did it leave behind...

You know the stories revolving around Pokemon Go are kind of more entertaining than the app itself.
Is it just me, or are these investors incredibly stupid and uninformed?
Man... is it so difficult to do research on this matter?

Here is a overall (offensive) ranking list I made if anyone is interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LQ5a5Orxg6LBj2eb3io0ltERit-IvOdu6EIH6vwDKWI/edit?usp=sharing. For every Pokemon I calculated a defensive and offensive ranking. The offensive ranking is (base attack)*(move dps), where either fast attack is spammed all the time or fast attack and special attack alternating depending which does more damage. Defensive ranking is simply assuming that dealt damage = constant * attack (offensive mon) / defense (defensive mon), and thus the defense ranking is defense*stamina(HP). The overall ranking value is defense ranking multiplied by attack ranking. All ranking in the sheet is normalized so that the best Pokemon has ranking of 100 in its category. Not surprisingly the top places go to: (Mewtwo), Snorlax, Vaporeon and Dragonite. Funnily even though Articuno has the lowest CP value of the legendary trio, it is still the best of them according to this ranking.

Is it just me, or are these investors incredibly stupid and uninformed?
Man... is it so difficult to do research on this matter?
I mean, I don't claim to be on top of the information regarding the rights, but you'd think the investors would be if they're... putting money into this project/company.

I agree! (And I chose team mystic as well!) Spark looks the coolest and he looks the most casual, whereas, the other 2 have richer looking clothes. I wonder what is going on with them!?

Serebii updating it's pokemon Go pages recently, be sure to check that out. I looked at the new page which has the ability to list all the pokemon based on attack, defence and HP. I was surprised to see Flareon in the top 5. Vaporeon didn't seem to rank high in any 3 of them. It must be an all rounder...
I remember seeing a list of Pokemon by their (hidden) base stats. Vaporeon isn't really that high, but Water Gun and high bulk makes it difficult to face. Some Water types in general actually gets this. And to me Flareon still sucks. Ember is slow, difficult to dodge with it.

Instead, I find it funnier that Jolteon has more defence than Vaporeon. Wait a minute, how was their main game's base stats again? I remember Jolteon barely has any defence that I'd use Focus Sash.

Oh well... it means Instinct will have more people, I think. And I thought seeing them managing to take even most inaccessible gyms I owned by hardwork was bad enough. Since Instinct was smaller, they seem to have more solidarity and can plan a lot.

I hope in the future there will be a way to both change your team and change your appearance, as my character was made completely default so the game would work.

So I wanna ask something. Has anyone had any weird or creepy experiences playing this game?

On Saturday, I went out hunting with a group. We stopped at a church (no one was there because it was the afternoon) because there were a lot of statues around there that serve as pokestops. We drop a lure and chill in the back of the church. While I'm waiting for the pokestop to reset where we are, I decide to go around the church to all the other pokestops by myself. When I get to the front of the church, there's a man walking towards his car, and he notices me. He asked me if there were confessions going on that day, and I just said "I don't think so." (I actually had no idea, as I don't go to church.) I immediately get a bad vibe from this guy. Maybe it's my anxiety at work, but I start walking faster to get back to my friends. The guy gets back in his car, and he starts following me. Luckily I'm not far from my friends, so I'm able to meet back up with them quickly. The guy parks his car near us and just watches us. Now, to be fair, there were two other cars parked around us, but we could tell those people were playing Pokemon Go and were there for the pokestops/lure we dropped. This guy wasn't. He was just watching us. Luckily he doesn't stay too long, but it still freaked me out. Once again, I could just be reading too much into this, but I'm still glad I wasn't alone.

So I wanna ask something. Has anyone had any weird or creepy experiences playing this game?

On Saturday, I went out hunting with a group. We stopped at a church (no one was there because it was the afternoon) because there were a lot of statues around there that serve as pokestops. We drop a lure and chill in the back of the church. While I'm waiting for the pokestop to reset where we are, I decide to go around the church to all the other pokestops by myself. When I get to the front of the church, there's a man walking towards his car, and he notices me. He asked me if there were confessions going on that day, and I just said "I don't think so." (I actually had no idea, as I don't go to church.) I immediately get a bad vibe from this guy. Maybe it's my anxiety at work, but I start walking faster to get back to my friends. The guy gets back in his car, and he starts following me. Luckily I'm not far from my friends, so I'm able to meet back up with them quickly. The guy parks his car near us and just watches us. Now, to be fair, there were two other cars parked around us, but we could tell those people were playing Pokemon Go and were there for the pokestops/lure we dropped. This guy wasn't. He was just watching us. Luckily he doesn't stay too long, but it still freaked me out. Once again, I could just be reading too much into this, but I'm still glad I wasn't alone.
Maybe he was just suspicious as to what a bunch of "youths" were doing loitering in and around a church when there is no service or confessions on? Seems highly justified especially if he was a parishioner..

I wonder if they will ever add gen 2 evolutions, it would be sweet, but then the game will probably have to be out for at least 4 or so months, maybe a year
I remember seeing a list of Pokemon by their (hidden) base stats. Vaporeon isn't really that high, but Water Gun and high bulk makes it difficult to face. Some Water types in general actually gets this. And to me Flareon still sucks. Ember is slow, difficult to dodge with it.

Instead, I find it funnier that Jolteon has more defence than Vaporeon. Wait a minute, how was their main game's base stats again? I remember Jolteon barely has any defence that I'd use Focus Sash.

Oh well... it means Instinct will have more people, I think. And I thought seeing them managing to take even most inaccessible gyms I owned by hardwork was bad enough. Since Instinct was smaller, they seem to have more solidarity and can plan a lot.
Wait, what do you mean? Are you saying that you can only get jolteon if you join instinct?

I wonder if they will ever add gen 2 evolutions, it would be sweet, but then the game will probably have to be out for at least 4 or so months, maybe a year

Wait, what do you mean? Are you saying that you can only get jolteon if you join instinct?
No, the Eeveelutions aren't exclusive to teams. Right now the only known method to get a sure evolution is through nicknames; Sparky for Jolteon, Rainer for Vaporeon, and... I forget for Flareon.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
My church tutor is persuading my pastor do buy some lure modules, so they can lure people to church and give them leaflets.
I sure hope he buys some, haha.

No, the Eeveelutions aren't exclusive to teams. Right now the only known method to get a sure evolution is through nicknames; Sparky for Jolteon, Rainer for Vaporeon, and... I forget for Flareon.
Pyro.

Named my Eevee Rainer, it does evolve into Vaporeon.

I forgot to mean that that leader Spark is going to attract people to Instinct. Not Jolteon. These were separate topics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)