Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say if they didn't notice the original artist's twitter and acknowledge it, I'd be fooled too. That owl looks very plausible to be in the middle of Rowlet and Owl3.

... still, ever with Mallow/Mao in the Tiger3 leak already confirmed, I'm just here waiting for the glorious future of Popplio and mermaid idol.

It was Pure Grass...
And a brain double fault for me. Why did I have it stuck in my head as half flying in Gen 5? Maybe because it learns hurricane?

To get back to being topical, does anybody else think the sea cucumber looks kind of like this:

Rabite, from the Mana series.

Even though I know they are going more for this:

I love Alolan Raichu, a buff is long overdue. I wonder if Raichu's new form is a call back to that RBY trade on Cinnabar Island where the scientist you trade with mentions that Raichu evolved. It's definitely influenced by the surfing Pikachu from Pokemon Snap and Yellow. It seems again we've got further indication these Alolan forms will probably be exclusive to Gen 1 pokemon.

People should not be quick to write Raichu off. It's typing is probably not the only thing that's being changed. That said, Exeggutor-A using primarily physical attacks in all the trailer feels like a hint that it's going to be a physical attacking threat.

I don't know if we've actually had the official news come out yet, but I suspect Wishiwashi's (GROAN) gimmick is that instead of evolving and changing form permanently off the battlefield, once it hits that level it will start evolving in battle instead. In universe trolling intensifies.

"Go tiny little fish Pokemon!" "Lol scrub, haven't even evol-" "Just kidding, COME NUCLEAR SUBMARINE, I HATH CHOSEN THEE"

Raichu: "Nintendo-senpai has noticed me *blush*"

I like these leaks, but it's not enough. I need Morelull.

Last edited:
I think washiwashi's school form takes the cake as my favourite gen 7 mon right after mimikyu. I was fearing washiwashi's school form was gonna be some kinda shitty gimmick but it's basically an evolution and that's amazing. Its animations and model are so dope and well done.
ezgif.com-optimize.gif

so beautiful

EDIT: SEEMS LIKE IT LOSES ITS FORM UPON BEING ATTACKED BY A SUPER EFFECTIVE MOVE. NO!!

Last edited:
Well I wanted Riachu to have a form that was electric/dragon but I'll take the psychic type happily! The team Skull grunts looks like team rocket fused with Neo Team Plasma. For some reason they love dancing like monkeys...speaking of which, t seems that the leak with the mushroom and sea cucumber in it was right. What is this rugby monkey gonna be and where is this supposedly 'fake' leak of it?

EDIT:

What I've learnt from the video above:

-team skull grunts can have pokemon from the gastly and drowzee evolution lines
-that team skull admin has a Golbat
-the Team skull boss has an Ariados
-the sea cucumber pokemon seems to be pure water type
-the sea cucumber pokemon has an ability which damages the other pokemon (if they use physical moves?)
-at low HP, the big school fish pokemon transforms back into it's original form

I cannot read Japanese but I would like to know what the team skull admin and boss were saying as it would be interesting to see their motivations...

Last edited:
Looks like Nintendo may have gotten their hands forced:

Little to add, they all looks much better animated (and I already liked them all). The enemy team is hilarious with all those gangsta moves, and the bosses looks like bad guys from a Trigger anime, which is an awesome thing.
... Guess we aren't getting anything tomorrow, but that's ok, the leaks weren't too early.

Pukeymukey looks more like it's kissing you than punching you with its guts. I'm okay with this.

Super disappointed that Schooling appears to be Defeatist, but hey at least it looks cool. And is kind of funny. "Oh man, this is hard I'm outta here." "Yeah, me too." "No wait, guys, come back! Shit."

Last edited:
Well that trailer was basically everything that leaked.

This is the first time I've seen the Wishiwashi sprite and it looks absolutely terrified of that Magnezone...
Huh, so by the looks of that trailer, no Alolan Cubone or Pikachu.
I was thinking that at first too but I've realised that they don't show the end f the evolution animation, so for all we know the Cubone and Pikachu could be evolving into their regular forms.

I wonder if Team Skull's choice of pokemon means we'll see Alola forms for Hypno and Gengar.

Guess this is a confirmation there are no Alola forms for Pikachu and Cubone. On the other hand, the animation for Marowak-A and Raichu-A are great!

Also, Raichu-A seems to be faster than Gengar.

Hope the early leaks don't mean another month of Nintendo not giving us anything again…

Pukeymukey looks more like it's kissing you than punching you with its guts. I'm okay with this.

Super disappointed that Schooling appears to be Defeatist, but hey at least it looks cool. And is kind of funny. "Oh shit man, this is hard I'm outta here." "Yeah, me too." "No wait, guys, come back! Shit."

I didn't understand if it turn back to the original form when at half HP or below, if hit by a SE move or by a generic move.... Anyway, despite being competitively disappointing it makes sense, it could still work if the School form gets an immense stats boost, and a way to re-activate it (moves like recover are unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility).

That sea cucumber's ability looks like a free destiny bond to me(it took over half health from hariyama)

Still don't know precisely how it'll works, but looks something like it. That's pretty threatening for a little fellow like it. Maybe it works only if it gets OHKOed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kilgrave said:
I was thinking that at first too but I've realised that they don't show the end of the evolution animation, so for all we know the Cubone and Pikachu could be evolving into their regular forms.
Sure, but the trailer implies that standard Cubone and Pikachu can, under whatever conditions, evolve into Alolan forms (even though, as you pointed out, it doesn't clearly demonstrate this). So either Cubone and Pikachu don't have Alolan forms or Game Freak are just trolling.

I wish I could state that one of those outcomes was more plausible than the other, but I've learned from bitter experience never to underestimate Game Freak's capacity for messing with us.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Way to competely screw over any chance of Wishiwashi being good, GF. It was so cool, too...

Loving Team Skull now that we've seen them in action a bit and heard their theme. Hopefully they don't drop the ball there.

Going off the new trailer it's looking to me like Wishiwashi's school form is basically just an evolution but the way the ability works was probably purposely made so it's useless in battle to balance it out. It's level 27 and survives a super effective move from a level 31 Magnezone. Seems to work opposite to Zygarde by going back to its normal form when low on health. Really interesting pokemon.

Something I noticed that isn't really that significant, but kinda cool was that when the Team Skull grunts sent out Haunter and Drowzee, they were in Nest balls.
They're probably Nest Balls but according to serebii, they are Safari Balls. I personally don't think they are but that could be interesting.
Serebii said:
This footage also reveals Team Skull and showcases that they use Pokémon inside their Ultra Balls and Safari Balls, rather than the standard Poké Ball which is a first for the series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)