Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello. I've got a question surrounding the Battle Maison in Pokemon X and Y.

It's regarding Scrafty. In Super Singles, the Maison uses four sets of Scrafty, as I have found on the internet:

Scrafty1 | Naughty | Liechi Berry | Fake Out | Bulk Up | Focus Punch | Substitute | HP/Atk
Scrafty2 | Jolly | Coba Berry | Hi Jump Kick | Rock Slide | Taunt | Dragon Dance | HP/Spd
Scrafty3 | Adamant | Muscle Band | Substitute | Payback | Hi Jump Kick | Focus Punch | HP/Atk
Scrafty4 | Careful | Leftovers | Bulk Up | Payback | Protect | Drain Punch | HP/SpD

The Battle Maison Pokemon can also hold all the abilities a Pokemon might have, hidden abilities included. In this case, that means that a Scrafty might have Shed Skin, Moxie, or its hidden ability, Intimidate.

My question is, does any of the four sets listed above have a Scrafty with the Intimidate ability? If yes, do you also perhaps know which set(s) would that be?

Thank you very much.
All sets can have all abilities, chosen at random when the battle start. You can't use it as an info to know the set, unfortunately :/

All sets can have all abilities, chosen at random when the battle start. You can't use it as an info to know the set, unfortunately :/
Ah, that is unfortunate. I'm trying to run a set that relies on a physical Dark-type sweep. Well, an Intimidate double-resist from an HP invested Scrafty is quite an issue, heh. Thank you for responding.

Does anyone know if the ev spreads of the platinum Battle Frontier pokemon from psypokes are incorrect?
site: http://www.psypokes.com/platinum/frontier_pokemon.php?

Especially those with 252 Atk/252 SA (Charizard3 for example). Seems weird that pokemon without special attacks would get ev’s in special attack and the same goes for attack.
Shouldn’t it be speed instead of Atk/SA? This is kinda annoying cause I’m using this list as a reference.

Does anyone know if the ev spreads of the platinum Battle Frontier pokemon from psypokes are incorrect?
site: http://www.psypokes.com/platinum/frontier_pokemon.php?

Especially those with 252 Atk/252 SA (Charizard3 for example). Seems weird that pokemon without special attacks would get ev’s in special attack and the same goes for attack.
Shouldn’t it be speed instead of Atk/SA? This is kinda annoying cause I’m using this list as a reference.
I don't know how accurate psypokes' list is, but after a quick research I found this post and it seems pretty accurate to me. It says that Charizard3 actually has max ATK/SPE, but can't tell for sure which one you should go with.

I agree and after doing some researching and testing in the battle tower myself, I would have to say that the list from Jumpman is more accurate than the list from psypokes. Not sure what went wrong there. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I talked with DHR about this a bit, but I was wondering if there was anyone who took the time to figure out the DP Evostone drop rates for the secret supertaining levels are? I personally have gotten a Dusk Stone from Aegislash just for barely hitting the target time, but with Gallade I am far ahead of the target time consistantly and still get lesser drops so it is obviously randomized in some way. DHR seems to believe no one knows the details, but I figured asking here wouldn't hurt just in case.

I talked with DHR about this a bit, but I was wondering if there was anyone who took the time to figure out the DP Evostone drop rates for the secret supertaining levels are? I personally have gotten a Dusk Stone from Aegislash just for barely hitting the target time, but with Gallade I am far ahead of the target time consistantly and still get lesser drops so it is obviously randomized in some way. DHR seems to believe no one knows the details, but I figured asking here wouldn't hurt just in case.
Going just off experience I find that if you get within 2:20-2:10 you're more likely to get the evolution stone prize, most times it takes only one or two attempts.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Gallade i am getting around 2:35-2:39 pretty consistantly, maybe my luck is just awful lol. Gyarados is broken in supertraining btw, js.
E: got one, it took quite a few more attempts though.

Last edited:
Best Ev Spread for a Modest Eviolite Jigglypuff for ingame solo run on X? I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I'm wondering if I should go:

Modest
eviolite
252 Special Attack/252 Defense/4 Special Defense

Or

Modest
Expert Belt
252 Special Attack/252 Speed/4 Defense.

Thoughts? The fast growth rate means she'll probably be at Level 100 before Diantha either way!

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Best Ev Spread for a Modest Eviolite Jigglypuff for ingame solo run on X? I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I'm wondering if I should go:

Modest
eviolite
252 Special Attack/252 Defense/4 Special Defense

Or

Modest
Expert Belt
252 Special Attack/252 Speed/4 Defense.

Thoughts? The fast growth rate means she'll probably be at Level 100 before Diantha either way!
I'd recommend the second spread. Faster Pokémon are usually better for ingame runs and as you said, its high level will mean that it can actually outspeed stuff.

Smogonaughts, I need some help. Been trying for hours to find someone online who has a Dedenne in their X/Y friend safari (either electric or fairy group). If this is you, can you please message me your friend code so I can add you and finally catch a decent Dedenne. I will be extremely appreciative!

Friend code is 1993-7835-2678

In the original pokemon black and white, which starter would you say is the best to choose?
Oshawott, no contest. Snivy is nigh-useless and while Tepig can be useful, it's difficult to find a better water-type and surf-user in the game than Samurott. Not to mention you have a better physical fire-type choice later on in Darmanitan.

Oshawott, no contest. Snivy is nigh-useless and while Tepig can be useful, it's difficult to find a better water-type and surf-user in the game than Samurott. Not to mention you have a better physical fire-type choice later on in Darmanitan.
Would this be the same in black and white 2?

I have over 25000 pokemiles to spend on X a lone before they all expire, so I've been doing the balloon minigames for evolution items.

Now I remember back when this first launched, that this seemed completely random in every way. Random balloons, random points, random prizes based on the level.
Is this still the case? Bulbapedia claims the points are random but the prizes are based on your end score. But I have gotten hondew, kelpsy & fire stones from E rank, D rank, C Rank and B rank.

if it's genuinely 100% random I may not even bother and just cash out entirely on heart scales & rare candies.

Would this be the same in black and white 2?
Not necessarily, since BW2's increased Pokémon selection introduces other decent surfers like Golduck and Vaporeon. Snivy still remains useless though despite getting Dragon Pulse through tutor.
I'd say that in BW2 you could freely choose between Emboar and Samurott as they're both very good but both also have alternative options if you choose one over the other.

I have over 25000 pokemiles to spend on X a lone before they all expire, so I've been doing the balloon minigames for evolution items.

Now I remember back when this first launched, that this seemed completely random in every way. Random balloons, random points, random prizes based on the level.
Is this still the case? Bulbapedia claims the points are random but the prizes are based on your end score. But I have gotten hondew, kelpsy & fire stones from E rank, D rank, C Rank and B rank.

if it's genuinely 100% random I may not even bother and just cash out entirely on heart scales & rare candies.
Pretty sure bulbapedia is correct, but it is important to keep in mind how probability actually works. You could be as low as E-rank and get a dawn stone or as high as A-rank and still get a hondew berry—increased likelihood doesn't guarantee the result. Imho you're better off taking your chances with Super Training if you want extra evolutionary stones.

Still need some help finding Dedenne in X/Y friend safari! PLEASE message me your friend code if you can help! Somebody must be electric or fairy typing here :/

My friend code is 1993-7835-2678

Speaking of Pokemiles expiring when does the service close down? I've got 400,000+ to burn. Also what are the best rewards in the mini games? I've only ever bought PP Ups, Rare Candies, and Heart Scales.

Speaking of Pokemiles expiring when does the service close down? I've got 400,000+ to burn. Also what are the best rewards in the mini games? I've only ever bought PP Ups, Rare Candies, and Heart Scales.
The Pokedoll Grabber is the only one worth doing IMO. It's not that difficult once you get the hang of it, and the berries are rare. Some berries can ONLY be found using this minigame, such as the awesome Custap Berry which was previously event only. The prizes are (you get 1 berry at random depending what level you choose):

Items
Lv. 1
Micle Berry ×1 Custap Berry ×1
Petaya Berry ×1 Apicot Berry ×1
Occa Berry ×1 Passho Berry ×1
Wacan Berry ×1 Rindo Berry ×1
Yache Berry ×1 Chople Berry ×1

Lv. 2
Jaboca Berry ×1 Rowap Berry ×1
Liechi Berry ×1 Ganlon Berry ×1
Kebia Berry ×1 Shuca Berry ×1
Coba Berry ×1 Payapa Berry ×1
Tanga Berry ×1 Charti Berry ×1

Lv. 3
Enigma Berry ×1 Salac Berry ×1
Kee Berry ×1 Maranga Berry ×1
Kasib Berry ×1 Haban Berry ×1
Colbur Berry ×1 Babiri Berry ×1
Chilan Berry ×1 Roseli Berry ×1

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Smogonaughts, I need some help. Been trying for hours to find someone online who has a Dedenne in their X/Y friend safari (either electric or fairy group). If this is you, can you please message me your friend code so I can add you and finally catch a decent Dedenne. I will be extremely appreciative!

Friend code is 1993-7835-2678
You'd probably have better luck asking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)