Musharna [QC: 3/3] [GP: 2/2]

[OVERVIEW]

There are many defensive Psychic-types in the RU tier, making it difficult for Musharna to stand out compared to other Pokemon. Its defensive typing isn't as good as that of Slowking, it can't set up Stealth Rock like Bronzong and Uxie, and it doesn't have the offensive potential of Medicham, Meloetta, and Sigilyph. Musharna is also very slow, its defensive typing is mediocre at best, it can be Taunt and setup bait against more bulky attackers, and Moonlight, its only recovery move, is unreliable due to it's low PP compared to other recovery moves and weather dependancy. However, Musharna does have an advantage in its stats. Its Defense and HP allow it to take hits from powerful physical attackers, and it has pretty good Special Attack and Special Defense stats. Musharna also appreciates the strong presence of Fighting-types in the tier, as its physical bulk allows it to wall many of them. It also has access to Baton Pass and a low Speed stat, enabling it to act as an effective pivot. Musharna does not have the utility of the premier Psychic-types in the tier, but it can act as a supporting pivot or a wincon that can sweep the enemy team once its counters have been eliminated.

[SET]
name: Bulky Pivot
move 1: Baton Pass
move 2: Thunder Wave
move 3: Psyshock / Psychic
move 4: Moonlight
item: Colbur Berry / Leftovers
ability: Synchronize
nature: Bold
evs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Baton Pass allows Musharna to act as a pivot, and it can be used to escape from bad matchups or on a predicted switch to go into a counter. Thunder Wave enables you to cripple faster sweepers that love to switch in against Musharna such as Sneasel and Drapion. Psyshock can be used if you want the ability to hit special walls and more specially bulky Pokemon like Virizion, but Psychic can be run if more firepower is preferred and to hit more physically defensive Pokemon such as Gurdurr harder. Moonlight should always be run in the last slot in order to allow Musharna to act as a pivot for longer. Healing Wish can be used over Baton Pass to bring an ally up to full health, but it makes it much harder for Musharna to act as a pivot.

Set Details
========

Colbur Berry is the preferred item due to the existence of many powerful Dark-type Pokemon in the tier, as it allows Musharna to pivot around much more safely. It can also be utilized to gain an advantage by using Thunder Wave against powerful Dark-types like Sneasel and Houndoom. Colbur Berry also further helps Musharna check the tier's many Fighting-types like Sawk and Hitmonlee, which generally run Dark-type coverage moves. However, Leftovers can be used if passive recovery is preferred. Synchronize is Musharna's only viable ability and it's mostly passive and only useful against defensive walls like Alomomola that poison Musharna by poisoning them as well. Maximum Defense EVs and a Bold nature allow Musharna to take physical hits very well. 240 HP EVs allow Musharna to retain maximum recovery from Leftovers and take both physical and special hits better.

Usage Tips
========

Pivot Musharna excels at taking hits from physical attackers it walls, especially powerful Fighting-type attackers. It can also take special hits from wallbreakers like Venusaur to further support your team. Early-game, Musharna should spread paralysis against the enemy team to slow down their faster sweepers and give your team the edge in battle. Musharna does not do much late-game and can usually be sacrificed to snag momentum for your team.

Team Options
========

Musharna pairs well with Fighting-types that can take down the Dark-types it has trouble breaking through, such as Medicham, Emboar, and Hitmonlee. Any Pokemon that appreciate something that can wall physical attackers and Fighting-types greatly appreciate Musharna as a teammate. Pokemon like Sneasel, Houndoom, and Dugtrio enjoy Musharna's walling capabilities and slow Baton Pass to help them pivot in. Slower wallbreakers like Rhyperior, Choice Band Sawk, Life Orb Medicham, and Mega Camerupt appreciate Musharna's ability to cripple enemy sweepers.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A Stored Power set with Barrier and Calm Mind sounds tempting, but it takes far too long for Musharna to set up and start attacking, and the abundance of powerful Pokemon in RU makes this set unviable in the tier. Running Heal Bell over Thunder Wave on the pivot set seems effective, but it is normally only effective on stall teams, and even then, Granbull is almost always the better choice for a cleric. Musharna has access to Calm Mind, but it isn't effective, as it is outclassed by other Psychic-type Calm Mind users that have better offensive or defensive typings such as Delphox and Slowking. A Choice Specs set that utilizes Musharna's high Special Attack and coverage moves also sounds good on paper but is overall not viable, as other Pokemon such as Sigilyph and Meloetta are much more viable offensively. Finally, Magic Coat seems effective, as it would allow Musharna to reflect status (notably Toxic) at bulky Pokemon that try to status it, but since many Pokemon that run Toxic are Steel-types or carry Refresh, this set would only really be effective on a few Pokemon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Dark-type Pokemon**: Musharna hates the powerful Dark-type attackers in the tier such as Sneasel and Spiritomb, which can Pursuit trap it, and Drapion and Absol, which can destroy it with their strength.

**Status**: Musharna hates Toxic and burns. They make it harder to pivot in on strong attackers, as they severely reduce its longevity. It also makes it much more difficult for Musharna to shrug off strong physical attacks.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types resist both of Musharna's STAB moves. Passive Steel-types such as Registeel and Bronzong can status Musharna, while more powerful ones like Magneton and particularly Escavalier can decimate it with their powerful attacks.

**Taunt**: Pokemon like Jellicent and Spiritomb can Taunt Musharna and effectively limit its capabilities, rendering it unable to pivot or use its utility moves to support its team, effectively limiting its capabilities

**Powerful Wallbreakers**: Deadly wallbreakers such as Mega Camerupt can 2HKO or 3HKO Musharna with their strong attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

phantom

Banned deucer.
you did not make the changes... just base this entire analysis off of the old one. you can even use the entire skeleton. there should be no cm set or trick room slash on the pivot set or anything similar. use the old skeleton and write it up from there. there's too many things off with the way this current analysis is.

you did not make the changes... just base this entire analysis off of the old one. you can even use the entire skeleton. there should be no cm set or trick room slash on the pivot set or anything similar. use the old skeleton and write it up from there. there's too many things off with the way this current analysis is.
Well I prefer the way I wrote mine because it offers more options, so can I just keep it the way it is and not keep the one QC Check?

phantom

Banned deucer.
No. Like I said, there's problems with it. It's not a matter of doing things a different way. CM does not need to be a set, it's just not good enough and doesn't have much of a distinct niche over other Psychics to warrant it, and the pivot set has no business running Trick Room, Heal Bell, or going without a STAB. I'm not sure if your meta knowledge is really up to par to begin with, either, but I'll give you a chance on this provided you use the old analysis, which was already QCed. If that's not going to happen, it will be reassigned.

Alright, I do understand Calm Mind not being viable compared to more effective users in the tier, but why can't trick room and heal bell work?

Alright, I've changed up the analysis to make it more like the previous one. If there are any further changes I need to make, I'll make them. However, I'm still not convinced that Musharna can't run Trick Room & Heal Bell. If you give me a good reason why, I promise to remove those moves from the set. I just wish to know why they cant work with Musharna.

I'll add the QC Check from the previous analysis once you think I've adequately altered the analysis.

While there are a lot of strong wallbreakers in RU, Trick Room is hard to utilize effectively when many sturdy defensive Pokemon utilize Protect (e.g Alomomola and Registeel), and it becomes extremely hard to break through them in only 3 turns, so Trick Room is not recommended unless the Pokemon setting up Trick Room can use it very effectively themselves (e.g Offensive Trick Room Diancie). Another issue with Trick Room on Musharna is it can't actually give a wallbreaker a free switchin after it sets up Trick Room (like a Pokemon with Explosion can), so the wallbreaker has to take damage in order to utilize Trick Room, as Musharna can no longer utilize a slow Baton Pass for a free switchin. Definitely remove Trick Room and just put it in OO.

Heal Bell is okay, but it makes Musharna a do nothing passive Pokemon vs a lot of threats as it's pretty easy to wall a Mushara with just a Psychic-type move. Thunder Wave is very nice for crippling basically any offensive Pokemon, but especially Sneasel and Drapion. One of the main attributes of Musharna is it helps set up offensive Pokemon to wreck havoc through its free switchins granted by Baton Pass and Thunder Wave support vs faster Pokemon. While Heal Bell can help offensive Pokemon by curing them of bad status conditions like burn and paralysis, Musharna can act as a status absorber without Heal Bell and Thunder Wave support is just generally more useful as it can be hard to find a free turn to Heal Bell. Heal Bell support isn't necessary unless you're using a stall team, and Musharna isn't a great Pokemon on those teams to begin with as they can just use Fairy-types like Granbull for their cleric.

While there are a lot of strong wallbreakers in RU, Trick Room is hard to utilize effectively when many sturdy defensive Pokemon utilize Protect (e.g Alomomola and Registeel), and it becomes extremely hard to break through them in only 3 turns, so Trick Room is not recommended unless the Pokemon setting up Trick Room can use it very effectively themselves (e.g Offensive Trick Room Diancie). Another issue with Trick Room on Musharna is it can't actually give a wallbreaker a free switchin after it sets up Trick Room (like a Pokemon with Explosion can), so the wallbreaker has to take damage in order to utilize Trick Room, as Musharna can no longer utilize a slow Baton Pass for a free switchin. Definitely remove Trick Room and just put it in OO.

Heal Bell is okay, but it makes Musharna a do nothing passive Pokemon vs a lot of threats as it's pretty easy to wall a Mushara with just a Psychic-type move. Thunder Wave is very nice for crippling basically any offensive Pokemon, but especially Sneasel and Drapion. One of the main attributes of Musharna is it helps set up offensive Pokemon to wreck havoc through its free switchins granted by Baton Pass and Thunder Wave support vs faster Pokemon. While Heal Bell can help offensive Pokemon by curing them of bad status conditions like burn and paralysis, Musharna can act as a status absorber without Heal Bell and Thunder Wave support is just generally more useful as it can be hard to find a free turn to Heal Bell. Heal Bell support isn't necessary unless you're using a stall team, and Musharna isn't a great Pokemon on those teams to begin with as they can just use Fairy-types like Granbull for their cleric.
Alright, I get it. I'll just remove trick room and put Heal Bell in the other options section. Spirit do you think my analysis is now similar enough to the old analysis so that I can use the older QC Check?

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
[OVERVIEW]
Most of the time Pros go before Cons, if you mention the cons first you kind of debunk it and make it seem worse than it actually is.

• There are many defensive Psychic types in the RU Tier, making it difficult for Musharna to stand out above other pokemon.
  • It's defensive typing isn't as good as that of Slowking, it can't set up rocks like Bronzong and Uxie, and it doesn't have the offensive potential of Medicham, Meloetta, or Sigilyph.
  • Musharna is also very slow, it's defensive typing is mediocre at best, it can be taunt/set-up bait against more bulky attackers, and Moonlight, it's only recovery, has pretty low PP.
  • Musharna does have an advantage in it's stats. It's physical defense and HP allow it to take hits from powerful physical attackers.
  • It also has a nice special attack and special defense avoid stating obvious facts that we can see when looking at the stats on the analysis.
  • Musharna also appreciates the strong presence of Fighting Types in the tier, as it's physical defense allows it to wall many of them.
  • It also has access to other support moves such as Thunder Wave, Heal Bell, and Trick Room that allow it to act as a pivot.
  • Musharna does not have the utility of the premier psychic types in the tier, but it can act as a supporting pivot or a win condition that can sweep the enemy team once it's counters have been eliminated.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • Baton Pass allows Musharna to act as a pivot, can be used to escape from bad matchups or on a predicted switch to swap into a counter
  • Thunter Wave is an excellent support move with the capacity to cripple faster sweepers that love to switch in against Musharna such as Sneasel or Drapion
  • Psyshock can be used if one wants the ability to hit special walls, but Psychic can be run if more firepower is preferred.
  • Moonlight should almost always be run in this slot in order to allow Musharna to act as a pivot for longer. However, if it is vital to a team, a support move can also be run in this slot if Musharna wants to better support it's team.

Set Details
========

• Colbur Berry is preferred due to the existence of many powerful dark-type types in the tier, as it allows Musharna to pivot around much more safely
  • However, Leftovers can be used if more passive recovery is preferred.
  • Synchronize is Musharna's only viable ability. It's mostly passive, and only useful against defensive walls like Alomomola that toxic you maybe explain what it actually does
  • Max defensive EVs and a Bold Nature allow Musharna to take physical hits very well
  • 240 HP EVs allow Musharna to retain maximum recovery from Leftovers, and take both physical and special hits better
  • Finally, 16 SpD EVs give Musharna extra Special Defense to better take special hits.

Usage Tips
========

• Pivot Musharna should be brought in against physical attackers it walls, especially against powerful fighting attackers
  • Early game, Musharna should spam paralysis against the enemy team to slow down their faster sweepers and give your team the edge in battle.
  • Late game, when much of the team is statused, it should use its attacking move to wear them down, or Baton Pass immediately to snag momentum.
I'm not exactly sure if this is suitable but I would add a bp about preserving Colbur Berry to land a Thunder Wave or Pokemon like Sneasel or Absol later in the match.

Team Options
========

• Musharna pairs well with Fighting types that can take down the dark types it has trouble breaking through
  • Pokemon like Medicham, Emboar, and Hitmonlee are effective partners that can take on dark types
  • Any pokemon that appreciate something that can wall physical attackers/ fighting types greatly appreciates Musharna as a teammate. Pokemon like Sneasel, Houndoom, and Dugtrio appreciate it's walling capabilities. They are also frail and appreciate the slow Baton Pass
  • Slower wallbreakers like Rhyperior, Spiritomb, Gurdurr, Mega Camerupt, and Mega Abomasnow appreciate Musharna's ability to cripple enemy sweepers lol
Other Options
=============

• A Stored Power set with Barrier and Calm Mind sounds tempting, but it takes far too long to get set up and attacking, and the abundance of powerful RU Pokemon makes this set unviable in the tier.
  • Running Heal Bell over Thunder Wave on the Pivot set seems effective, but it is normally only effective on stall teams, and even then, Granbull is almost always the better choice for a cleric
  • Musharna has access to calm mind, but it isnt effective as it is outclassed by other psychic Calm Mind users in the tier who have better offensive or defensive typings such as Delphox or Slowking.
  • A Choice Specs set that utilizes Musharna's high Special Attack and coverage moves also sounds good on paper, but is overall not viable, as other pokemon such as Sigilyph and Meloetta are much more viable offensively
  • A set with Hypnosis along with Dream Eater/Nightmare sounds tempting, but isn't effective due to both sleep clause and hypnosis' shoddy accuracy, along with Musharna's slow speed.
  • Finally, Magic Coat seems effective, as it would allow Musharna to reflect status (notably toxic) back at bulky pokemon that try to status it, but as many pokemon that run toxic are steel types/carry refresh, this set would only really be effective on a few pokemon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Dark-Type Pokemon**: Musharna hates the powerful dark-type attackers in the tier, such as Sneasel and Spiritomb who can pursuit trap it, and Drapion and Absol who can destroy it with it's strength.

**Status**: Calm Mind Musharna hates Toxic and burns, as it makes it harder to pivot in on strong attackers as it severely reduces it's longevity. It also makes it much more difficult for Musharna to shrug off strong physical attacks. Why are you mentioning Calm Mind when it's not apart of the main set?

**Steel Types**: Steel Types resist both of Musharna's STAB Moves. Passive steel types such as Registeel and Bronzong can status Musharna, while more powerful ones like Magneton and particularly Excavalier can decimate it with their powerful attacks.

**Trick**: Pokemon such as Delphox, Medicham, and Rotom-C can trick Musharna their choice items and lock it into one move, almost compleately limiting it's potential.

**Taunt**: Pokemon like Jellicent and Spiritomb can taunt Musharna, rendering it unable to pivot or use it's utility moves to support it's team, effectively limiting it's capabilities.

**Powerful Wallbreakers**: Deadly Wallbreaking pokemon such as Mega Camerupt and Typlosion can 2HKO or 3HKO Musharna with their strong attacks. Don't ever mention Typhlosion in an RU analysis, it's bad and if a newer player read that (although it's unlikely) they could be even more tempted to run that Pokemon
I'm not QC but I decided to give this a little brief look and maybe you'll change some of the stuff.

I'm not QC but I decided to give this a little brief look and maybe you'll change some of the stuff.
I appreciated many of your changes and made them. However, I am still listing cons before the pros, as I have seen many analyses that do this, and it shows right off the bat that Musharna is generally not as good a choice as other psychic types in the tier.

Not QC.

Edit: Mention Musharna has Healing Wish. At the cost of it's own life, Musharna can heal a teammate back to full health.

Thanks JuanchoTacorta :]

Last edited:
  • It also has access to other support moves such as Thunder Wave, Heal Bell, and Trick Room that allow it to act as a pivot.
- This is a bit misleading. It's Baton Pass that allows it to act as a pivot. Heal Bell and Trick Room shouldn't be mentioned since they're not on any of the sets anymore. Specifically mention Musharna's really low Speed that allow it to Baton Pass after most Pokemon, which enables it to give a free switchin to a frail offensive Pokemon.Psyshock can be used if one wants the ability to hit special walls, but Psychic can be run if more firepower is preferred.

I think you're underselling Musharna a bit much. The recovery is really nice and gives Musharna a distinct advantage over most of the other Fighting-type answers. Of course the 8 PP can suck but usually it doesn't matter since Musharna is generally better on faster paced teams.
  • Psyshock can be used if one wants the ability to hit special walls, but Psychic can be run if more firepower is preferred.
Be clear -- Psyshock is for Virizion, and Psychic is for Gurdurr (and generally hitting harder).

• Colbur Berry is preferred due to the existence of many powerful dark-type types in the tier
Hitmonlee and Sawk are also important to mention here since Colbur Berry allows Musharna to be an effective check to LO Hitmonlee and Choice Band Sawk (as a bulky Psychic-type should be an effective answer to Fighting-types)

Usage Tips needs work. Musharna really doesn't do much lategame. You should be talking about it pivoting to strong wallbreakers like Band Sawk and Venusaur.

"when much of the team is statused, it should use its attacking move to wear them down, or Baton Pass immediately to snag momentum."

I'd just remove this. My main issue is after statusing something, Baton Pass sometimes becomes less useful since you are now faster than the other Pokemon and are reliant the paralysis chance to get a Pokemon in safely.
    • Slower wallbreakers like Rhyperior, Spiritomb, Gurdurr, and Mega Camerupt appreciate Musharna's ability to cripple enemy sweepers"
Spiritomb isn't a wallbreaker. Mention CB Sawk instead. I'd also replace Gurdurr with LO Medicham, although in some matchups Gurdurr can act as a wallbreaker.

Also don't mention Trick in C&C. It's not really something you change your team in order to "check" something, nor is it reliable counterplay against Musharna anyways.

After you make these changes I'll look at the analysis again and QC it if it looks good.

- This is a bit misleading. It's Baton Pass that allows it to act as a pivot. Heal Bell and Trick Room shouldn't be mentioned since they're not on any of the sets anymore. Specifically mention Musharna's really low Speed that allow it to Baton Pass after most Pokemon, which enables it to give a free switchin to a frail offensive Pokemon.Psyshock can be used if one wants the ability to hit special walls, but Psychic can be run if more firepower is preferred.

I think you're underselling Musharna a bit much. The recovery is really nice and gives Musharna a distinct advantage over most of the other Fighting-type answers. Of course the 8 PP can suck but usually it doesn't matter since Musharna is generally better on faster paced teams.
Be clear -- Psyshock is for Virizion, and Psychic is for Gurdurr (and generally hitting harder).

• Colbur Berry is preferred due to the existence of many powerful dark-type types in the tier
Hitmonlee and Sawk are also important to mention here since Colbur Berry allows Musharna to be an effective check to LO Hitmonlee and Choice Band Sawk (as a bulky Psychic-type should be an effective answer to Fighting-types)

Usage Tips needs work. Musharna really doesn't do much lategame. You should be talking about it pivoting to strong wallbreakers like Band Sawk and Venusaur.

"when much of the team is statused, it should use its attacking move to wear them down, or Baton Pass immediately to snag momentum."

I'd just remove this. My main issue is after statusing something, Baton Pass sometimes becomes less useful since you are now faster than the other Pokemon and are reliant the paralysis chance to get a Pokemon in safely.
    • Slower wallbreakers like Rhyperior, Spiritomb, Gurdurr, and Mega Camerupt appreciate Musharna's ability to cripple enemy sweepers"
Spiritomb isn't a wallbreaker. Mention CB Sawk instead. I'd also replace Gurdurr with LO Medicham, although in some matchups Gurdurr can act as a wallbreaker.

Also don't mention Trick in C&C. It's not really something you change your team in order to "check" something, nor is it reliable counterplay against Musharna anyways.

After you make these changes I'll look at the analysis again and QC it if it looks good.
Thanks for the input. I've made the changes you reccomended.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Drop Hypnosis + Dream Eater from OO, its so bad its not even worth mentioning

rest looks solid QC 2/3 feel free to write this up.

Reactions: DTC
Drop Hypnosis + Dream Eater from OO, its so bad its not even worth mentioning

rest looks solid QC 2/3 feel free to write this up.
I was just worried new players would see it as viable, but those people likely wouldn't be on the strategy pokedex anyway so youse right. I'll begin writing it soon.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
I've been up all night, tryna get it right...

[OVERVIEW]

There are many defensive Psychic-types in the RU tier, making it difficult for Musharna to stand out compared to other pokemon. Its defensive typing isn't as good as that of Slowking Slowking's, it can't set up rocks Stealth Rock like Bronzong and Uxie, and it doesn't have the offensive potential of Medicham, Meloetta, or and Sigilyph. Musharna is also very slow, its defensive typing is mediocre at best, it can be taunt/set-up Taunt and setup bait against more bulky attackers, and Moonlight, it's its only recovery move, has relatively low PP and can be crippled by weather. However, Musharna does have an advantage in its stats. Its physical Defense and HP allow it to take hits from powerful physical attackers, and it has pretty good Special Attack and Special Defense stats. Musharna also appreciates the strong presence of Fighting-types in the tier, as its physical Defense allows it to wall many of them. It also has access to Baton Pass and a low Speed stat, enabling it to act as a pivot. Musharna does not have the utility of the premier Psychic-types in the tier, but it can act as a supporting pivot or a win condition wincon that can sweep the enemy team once it's its counters have been eliminated.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Baton Pass allows Musharna to act as a pivot, and it can be used to escape from bad matchups or on a predicted switch to swap go into a counter. Healing Wish can be used over Baton Pass to bring an ally up to full health, but it makes it much harder for Musharna to act as a pivot. Thunder Wave is an excellent support move with the capacity ability to cripple faster sweepers that love to switch in against Musharna such as Sneasel or and Drapion. Psyshock can be used if one wants you want (optional but this feels more direct) the ability to hit special walls/more walls and more specially bulky Pokemon like Virizion, but Psychic can be run if more firepower is preferred (remove comma) and to hit more physically defensive Pokemon such as Gurdurr harder. Moonlight should almost always be run in this the last slot in order to allow Musharna to act as a pivot for longer. However, if it is vital to a the team, a support move (which one(s)?) can also be run in this slot if Musharna wants to better support its team.

Set Details
========

Colbur Berry is preferred due to the existence of many powerful Dark-type types Pokemon in the tier, as it allows Musharna to pivot around much more safely. It can also be utilized to gain an advantage by using Thunder Wave against powerful Dark-types like Sneasel or and Houndoom. Colbur Berry also further helps Musharna check the tier's many Fighting-types like Sawk and Hitmonlee, who which generally run Dark-type coverage moves. However, Leftovers can be used if passive recovery is preferred. Synchronize is Musharna's only viable ability (remove comma) and it's mostly passive (remove comma) and only useful against defensive walls like Alomomola that toxic poison you Musharna (remove comma) by poisoning them as well. Maximum defensive Defense EVs and a Bold nature allow Musharna to take physical hits very well. 240 HP EVs allow Musharna to retain maximum recovery from Leftovers (remove comma) and take both physical and special hits better. Finally, 16 SpD Special Defense EVs give Musharna extra Special Defense to better take special hits.

Usage Tips
========

Pivot Musharna excels at taking hits from physical attackers it walls, especially against powerful Fighting-type attackers. It can also take special hits from wallbreakers like Venusaur to further support your team. Early-game, Musharna should spam spread paralysis against the enemy team to slow down their faster sweepers and give your team the edge in battle. Musharna does not do much late-game (remove comma) and can usually be sacked off sacrificed to snag momentum for your team.

Team Options
========

Musharna pairs well with Fighting-types that can take down the Dark-types it has trouble breaking through, such as Medicham, Emboar, and Hitmonlee. Pokemon like Medicham, Emboar, and Hitmonlee are effective partners that can take on dark types. Any Pokemon that appreciate something that can wall physical attackers/ (remove slash) and Fighting-types greatly appreciate Musharna as a teammate. Pokemon like Sneasel, Houndoom, and Dugtrio appreciate its walling capabilities (remove full stop) These pokemon appreciate and Musharna's slow Baton Pass to help them pivot in. Slower wallbreakers like Rhyperior, Choice Band Sawk, Life Orb Medicham, (add comma) and Mega Camerupt appreciate Musharna's ability to cripple enemy sweepers. (add full stop)

Other Options
=============

A Stored Power set with Barrier and Calm Mind sounds tempting, but it takes far too long for Musharna to get set up and start attacking, and the abundance of powerful RU Pokemon makes this set unviable in the tier. Running Heal Bell over Thunder Wave on the pivot set seems effective, but it is normally only effective on stall teams, and even then, Granbull is almost always the better choice for a cleric. Musharna has access to Calm Mind, but it isn't effective, (add comma) as it is outclassed by other Psychic-type Calm Mind users, (add comma) which in the tier who have better offensive or defensive typing such as Delphox or and Slowking. A Choice Specs set that utilizes Musharna's high Special Attack and coverage moves also sounds good on paper (remove comma) but is overall not viable, as other Pokemon such as Sigilyph and Meloetta are much more viable offensively. Finally, Magic Coat seems effective, as it would allow Musharna to reflect status (notably Toxic) back at bulky Pokemon that try to status it, but as many Pokemon that run Toxic are steel types/carry refresh Steel-types or carry Refresh, this set would only really be effective on a few Pokemon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Dark-type Pokemon**: Musharna hates the powerful Dark-type attackers in the tier (remove comma) such as Sneasel and Spiritomb, (add comma) who which can Pursuit trap it, and Drapion and Absol, (add comma) who which can destroy it with it's their strength.

**Status**: Musharna hates Toxic and burns. It They makes make it harder to pivot in on strong attackers, (add comma) as it they severely reduces reduce it's its longevity. It also makes it much more difficult for Musharna to shrug off strong physical attacks.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types resist both of Musharna's STAB moves. Passive Steel-types such as Registeel and Bronzong can status Musharna, while more powerful ones like Magneton and Paticularly particularly Excavalier Escavalier can decimate it with their powerful attacks.

**Taunt**: Pokemon like Jellicent and Spiritomb can Taunt Musharna, rendering it unable to pivot or use it's its utility moves to support it's its team, effectively limiting it's its capabilities.

**Powerful Wallbreakers**: Deadly Wallbreaking pokemon such as Mega Camerupt and can 2HKO or 3HKO Musharna with their strong attacks.

I'm going to be frank, this was really poorly written; Pokemon was / Pokemon (names) were not capitalized, move names were not capitalized, and the grammar was just poor. This is your first analysis (I think), though, so it's not a big deal, and I strongly advise you look at the C & C Spelling and Grammar standards if you are ever going to write more analyses in the future.

I'm not going to talk about every error you made, but one mistake you made throughout the whole analysis was using "it's" when speaking about possession. "It's" means "it is"; for example, "It's a great day today" means "It is a great day today". "Its" is used when speaking about neuter possession (for masculine possession, you use "his", and for feminine possession, you use "her"). Hope this amcheck helped and that I cleared the confusion between "it's" and "its"!

Last edited:
I've been up all night, tryna get it right...

[OVERVIEW]

There are many defensive Psychic-types in the RU tier, making it difficult for Musharna to stand out compared to other pokemon. Its defensive typing isn't as good as that of Slowking Slowking's, it can't set up rocks Stealth Rock like Bronzong and Uxie, and it doesn't have the offensive potential of Medicham, Meloetta, or and Sigilyph. Musharna is also very slow, its defensive typing is mediocre at best, it can be taunt/set-up Taunt and setup bait against more bulky attackers, and Moonlight, it's its only recovery move, has relatively low PP and can be crippled by weather. However, Musharna does have an advantage in its stats. Its physical Defense and HP allow it to take hits from powerful physical attackers, and it has pretty good Special Attack and Special Defense stats. Musharna also appreciates the strong presence of Fighting-types in the tier, as its physical Defense allows it to wall many of them. It also has access to Baton Pass and a low Speed stat, enabling it to act as a pivot. Musharna does not have the utility of the premier Psychic-types in the tier, but it can act as a supporting pivot or a win condition wincon that can sweep the enemy team once it's its counters have been eliminated.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Baton Pass allows Musharna to act as a pivot, and it can be used to escape from bad matchups or on a predicted switch to swap go into a counter. Healing Wish can be used over Baton Pass to bring an ally up to full health, but it makes it much harder for Musharna to act as a pivot. Thunder Wave is an excellent support move with the capacity ability to cripple faster sweepers that love to switch in against Musharna such as Sneasel or and Drapion. Psyshock can be used if one wants you want (optional but this feels more direct) the ability to hit special walls/more walls and more specially bulky Pokemon like Virizion, but Psychic can be run if more firepower is preferred (remove comma) and to hit more physically defensive Pokemon such as Gurdurr harder. Moonlight should almost always be run in this the last slot in order to allow Musharna to act as a pivot for longer. However, if it is vital to a the team, a support move (which one(s)?) can also be run in this slot if Musharna wants to better support its team.

Set Details
========

Colbur Berry is preferred due to the existence of many powerful Dark-type types Pokemon in the tier, as it allows Musharna to pivot around much more safely. It can also be utilized to gain an advantage by using Thunder Wave against powerful Dark-types like Sneasel or and Houndoom. Colbur Berry also further helps Musharna check the tier's many Fighting-types like Sawk and Hitmonlee, who which generally run Dark-type coverage moves. However, Leftovers can be used if passive recovery is preferred. Synchronize is Musharna's only viable ability (remove comma) and it's mostly passive (remove comma) and only useful against defensive walls like Alomomola that toxic poison you Musharna (remove comma) by poisoning them as well. Maximum defensive Defense EVs and a Bold nature allow Musharna to take physical hits very well. 240 HP EVs allow Musharna to retain maximum recovery from Leftovers (remove comma) and take both physical and special hits better. Finally, 16 SpD Special Defense EVs give Musharna extra Special Defense to better take special hits.

Usage Tips
========

Pivot Musharna excels at taking hits from physical attackers it walls, especially against powerful Fighting-type attackers. It can also take special hits from wallbreakers like Venusaur to further support your team. Early-game, Musharna should spam spread paralysis against the enemy team to slow down their faster sweepers and give your team the edge in battle. Musharna does not do much late-game (remove comma) and can usually be sacked off sacrificed to snag momentum for your team.

Team Options
========

Musharna pairs well with Fighting-types that can take down the Dark-types it has trouble breaking through, such as Medicham, Emboar, and Hitmonlee. Pokemon like Medicham, Emboar, and Hitmonlee are effective partners that can take on dark types. Any Pokemon that appreciate something that can wall physical attackers/ (remove slash) and Fighting-types greatly appreciate Musharna as a teammate. Pokemon like Sneasel, Houndoom, and Dugtrio appreciate its walling capabilities (remove full stop) These pokemon appreciate and Musharna's slow Baton Pass to help them pivot in. Slower wallbreakers like Rhyperior, Choice Band Sawk, Life Orb Medicham, (add comma) and Mega Camerupt appreciate Musharna's ability to cripple enemy sweepers. (add full stop)

Other Options
=============

A Stored Power set with Barrier and Calm Mind sounds tempting, but it takes far too long for Musharna to get set up and start attacking, and the abundance of powerful RU Pokemon makes this set unviable in the tier. Running Heal Bell over Thunder Wave on the pivot set seems effective, but it is normally only effective on stall teams, and even then, Granbull is almost always the better choice for a cleric. Musharna has access to Calm Mind, but it isn't effective, (add comma) as it is outclassed by other Psychic-type Calm Mind users, (add comma) which in the tier who have better offensive or defensive typing such as Delphox or and Slowking. A Choice Specs set that utilizes Musharna's high Special Attack and coverage moves also sounds good on paper (remove comma) but is overall not viable, as other Pokemon such as Sigilyph and Meloetta are much more viable offensively. Finally, Magic Coat seems effective, as it would allow Musharna to reflect status (notably Toxic) back at bulky Pokemon that try to status it, but as many Pokemon that run Toxic are steel types/carry refresh Steel-types or carry Refresh, this set would only really be effective on a few Pokemon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Dark-type Pokemon**: Musharna hates the powerful Dark-type attackers in the tier (remove comma) such as Sneasel and Spiritomb, (add comma) who which can Pursuit trap it, and Drapion and Absol, (add comma) who which can destroy it with it's their strength.

**Status**: Musharna hates Toxic and burns. It They makes make it harder to pivot in on strong attackers, (add comma) as it they severely reduces reduce it's its longevity. It also makes it much more difficult for Musharna to shrug off strong physical attacks.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types resist both of Musharna's STAB moves. Passive Steel-types such as Registeel and Bronzong can status Musharna, while more powerful ones like Magneton and Paticularly particularly Excavalier Escavalier can decimate it with their powerful attacks.

**Taunt**: Pokemon like Jellicent and Spiritomb can Taunt Musharna, rendering it unable to pivot or use it's its utility moves to support it's its team, effectively limiting it's its capabilities.

**Powerful Wallbreakers**: Deadly Wallbreaking pokemon such as Mega Camerupt and can 2HKO or 3HKO Musharna with their strong attacks.

I'm going to be frank, this was really poorly written; Pokemon was / Pokemon (names) were not capitalized, move names were not capitalized, and the grammar was just poor. This is your first analysis (I think), though, so it's not a big deal, and I strongly advise you look at the C & C Spelling and Grammar standards if you are ever going to write more analyses in the future.

I'm not going to talk about every error you made, but one mistake you made throughout the whole analysis was using "it's" when speaking about possession. "It's" means "it is"; for example, "It's a great day today" means "It is a great day today". "Its" is used when speaking about neuter possession (for masculine possession, you use "his", and for feminine possession, you use "her"). Hope this amcheck helped and that I cleared the confusion between "it's" and "its"!
You're changes were made.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader

remove
add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/2
[OVERVIEW]There are many defensive Psychic-types in the RU tier, making it difficult for Musharna to stand out compared to other Pokemon. Its defensive typing isn't as good as that of Slowking's, it can't set up Stealth Rock like Bronzong and Uxie, and it doesn't have the offensive potential of Medicham, Meloetta, and Sigilyph. Musharna is also very slow, its defensive typing is mediocre at best, it can be Taunt and setup bait against more bulky attackers, and Moonlight, its only recovery move, has relatively low PP and can be crippled gimped by weather. However, Musharna does have an advantage in its stats. Its physical Defense and HP allow it to take hits from powerful physical attackers, and it has pretty good Special Attack and Special Defense stats. Musharna also appreciates the strong presence of Fighting-types in the tier, as its physical Defense bulk allows it to wall many of them. It also has access to Baton Pass and a low Speed stat, enabling it to act as an effective (optional) pivot. Musharna does not have the utility of the premier Psychic-types in the tier, but it can act as a supporting pivot or a wincon that can sweep the enemy team once it's counters have been eliminated.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Baton Pass allows Musharna to act as a pivot, and it can be used to escape from bad matchups or on a predicted switch to go into a counter. Healing Wish can be used over Baton Pass to bring an ally up to full health, but it makes it much harder for Musharna to act as a pivot.(space)Thunder Wave is an excellent support move with the ability enables you to cripple faster sweepers that love to switch in against Musharna such as Sneasel and Drapion. Psyshock can be used if you want the ability to hit special walls and more specially bulky Pokemon like Virizion, but Psychic can be run if more firepower is preferred and to hit more physically defensive Pokemon such as Gurdurr harder. Moonlight should always be run in the last slot in order to allow Musharna to act as a pivot for longer.

Set Details
========

Colbur Berry is the preferred item due to the existence of many powerful Dark-type Pokemon in the tier, as it allows Musharna to pivot around much more safely. It can also be utilized to gain an advantage by using Thunder Wave against powerful Dark-types like Sneasel and Houndoom. Colbur Berry also further helps Musharna check the tier's many Fighting-types like Sawk and Hitmonlee, which generally run Dark-type coverage moves. However, Leftovers can be used if passive recovery is preferred. Synchronize is Musharna's only viable ability, (AC) and it's mostly passive and only useful against defensive walls like Alomomola that poison Musharna by poisoning them as well. Maximum Defense EVs and a Bold nature allow Musharna to take physical hits very well. 240 HP EVs allow Musharna to retain maximum recovery from Leftovers and take both physical and special hits better. Finally, 16 Special Defense EVs give Musharna extra Special Defense to better take special hits.

Usage Tips
========

Pivot Musharna excels at taking hits from physical attackers it walls, especially against powerful Fighting-type attackers. It can also take special hits from wallbreakers like Venusaur to further support your team. Early-game, Musharna should spread paralysis against the enemy team to slow down their faster sweepers and give your team the edge in battle. Musharna does not do much late-game and can usually be sacrificed to snag momentum for your team.

Team Options
========

Musharna pairs well with Fighting-types that can take down the Dark-types it has trouble breaking through, such as Medicham, Emboar, and Hitmonlee. Pokemon like Medicham, Emboar, and Hitmonlee are effective partners that can take on dark types Dark-types. Any Pokemon that appreciate something that can wall physical attackers and Fighting-types greatly appreciate Musharna as a teammate. Pokemon like Sneasel, Houndoom, and Dugtrio appreciate its Musharna's walling capabilities and Musharna's slow Baton Pass to help them pivot in. Slower wallbreakers like Rhyperior, Choice Band Sawk, Life Orb Medicham, and Mega Camerupt appreciate Musharna's ability to cripple enemy sweepers.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A Stored Power set with Barrier and Calm Mind sounds tempting, but it takes far too long for Musharna to getset up and start attacking, and the abundance of powerful RU Pokemon in RU makes this set unviable in the tier. Running Heal Bell over Thunder Wave on the pivot(space)set seems effective, but it is normally only effective on stall teams, and even then, Granbull is almost always the better choice for a cleric. Musharna has access to(space)Calm Mind, but it isn't effective, (add comma) as it is outclassed by other Psychic-type Calm Mind users,(add comma)whichin the tier who have a better offensive or defensive typing such as Delphox orand(space)Slowking. A Choice Specs set that utilizes Musharna's high Special Attack and coverage moves also sounds good on paper (remove comma) but is overall not viable, as other Pokemon such as Sigilyph and Meloetta are much more viable offensively. Finally, Magic Coat seems effective, as it would allow Musharna to reflect status (notably Toxic) back at bulky Pokemon(space)that try to status it, but as many(space)Pokemon that run Toxic are steel types/carry refreshSteel-types or carry Refresh, this set would only really be effective on a few Pokemon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Dark-type Pokemon**: Musharna hates the powerful(space)Dark-type attackers in the tier (remove comma) such as Sneasel and Spiritomb, (add comma)whhich which can Pursuit trap it, and Drapion and Absol, which can destroy it with their strength.

**Status**: Musharna hates Toxic and burns. They make it harder to pivot in on strong attackers, as they severely reduce its longevity. It also makes it much more difficult for Musharna to shrug off strong physical attacks.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types resist both of Musharna's STAB moves. Passive Steel-types such as Registeel and Bronzong can status Musharna, while more powerful ones like Magneton and particularly Escavalier can decimate it with their powerful attacks.

**Taunt**: Pokemon like Jellicent and Spiritomb can Taunt Musharna, rendering it unable to pivot or use its utility moves to support its team, effectively limiting its capabilities

**Powerful Wallbreakers**: Deadly wallbreaking Pokemon such as Mega Camerupt and can 2HKO or 3HKO Musharna with their strong attacks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)