SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

Well many kids cartoons show chickens laying eggs (well a chicken standing up with an egg under it). They never have to say how or even that the egg was fertilized. I don't see why they should worry about it since they even mention egg laying (even if it is to say that nobody has ever seen it happen).
Yeah, but like... where would the egg come from? And it sure would be even weirder to have mammals such as Hippopotas or Rapidash laying eggs.. It definitely wouldn't sit down well with me lol. Besides, I'm pretty sure there's a NPC who says those aren't actually eggs, but rather pokemon craddles. I don't really know what the difference technically is but there's that.

I like the theory in which Arceus is responsible for creating each egg and delivering them to other pokemon. Pretty much the pokemon version of the delivery stork.

Last edited:
Not sure where to put this, but what are you guys's thoughts on abnormal Pokemon evolution? Like under leveled Pokemon and stones, etc. I have a few.

The games have had many instances of under leveled evolved Pokemon, especially by bosses. My theory is that the level we know for Pokemon evolution represents the amount of training / time the player requires to achieve it given that we are relative newbies. This way, it makes sense that a dragon master like Lance would be able to trigger evolution of his dragons sooner, or that certain wild Pokemon might evolve earlier for unknown reasons.

I would also wager that Pokemon that evolve with stones are able to evolve naturally without them, but because of their sensitivity to stones their evolution is both triggered (instant evo) and stunted (they don't really learn any new moves). Eevee is the exception as its genetic code is unstable to begin with.
It's also possible for a random mutation caused a breed of that species that evolves at a lower level than normal. The underleveled 'mons tend to stay in one area and it is possible for the Gym Leaders and Elite Four members who have some that we can't get simply have access to places where they exist and we can't get to in the games (maybe behind Bill's house in Generation I).

Not sure if it counts as a mystery or conspiracy, but I've been thinking this morning... and a question pops up: Is it possible that Latios and Latias (Moreso the former) have some kind of reference to Superman?

They are birds, they are planes, they are blue and red, they have a symbol on their chests/torsos...

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Not sure if it counts as a mystery or conspiracy, but I've been thinking this morning... and a question pops up: Is it possible that Latios and Latias (Moreso the former) have some kind of reference to Superman?

They are birds, they are planes, they are blue and red, they have a symbol on their chests/torsos...
Hmm, and they do have a triangle on their chest...

BUT I'm going with coincidence. The origins of the Eon Duo is complicated. It looks like they first started off as a concept image. Whatever the original intent of this Pokemon was, either be the final evo of the Fire-type starter or a Legendary creature (or completely something else), we can see possibly what more of its origin was based on: a jet plane/bird hybrid. However somewhere in development it was decided to split it into two Pokemon, the design was re-molded into what we know as Blaziken but the body shape was made into Latias. This is probably where, now shed of its bird origin, it gained a dragon. However the designers might have thought it was lacking somewhere, either thinking the design was too simplistic for a Legendary or the lore behind it wasn't strong, so decided to give it a blue verion, Latios. There could be many reasoning for that: they wanted to them to have Yin and Yang imagery, they based them on the Aeons of Gnoticisim, etc..

My point is, we know their origin point and from that I think we can form a loose trail of dots how they came to be what they are and no where do I see a Superman influence.

Though all of this does make me want to hear how each Pokemon (or at least the rejected ones) was developed. How they came up with the concept, the reasoning behind the design, how many designs and approvals does a Pokemon need to go through before getting to its final stage. It would make for a neat book idea, give the customers an inside look of what goes behind the GF doors (plus make use of all those prototype drawings they have (though then again they might use some for ideas for another Pokemon so who knows if they would want to release them)).

Might as well take on this mystery:
Let's look at two things that prevent breeding Yamask equating to genocide, death rate and the number of humans ever.
For starters, the crude death rate in 2014 was 7.89/1000 (meaning that many people died in a population of 1,000), or approx. 55,230,000 people died world wide that year (or about 150000 a day). That would be plenty for Yamask breeding.
Secondly, according to some estimates, there have been about 90-110 billion humans to have ever lived. If we went with the lower number, that means that the current population of Earth is only about 7% of all humans ever.
There are plenty of deaths to go around without Yamask needing to kill to be born.

Yeah, I know it was a joke, but this is the Mysteries and Conspiracies thread.

Don't know if this has been brought up already but... where are the freaking cops/rangers? They're always behind some bush and challenging you to a battle, but when some batshit crazy lunatic is about to blow up the entire region they're no where to be seen... what's up with that? I could understand if they couldn't do anything because they're not up to par as pokemon trainers ( we don't solve things with violence here ) but nope, they just don't show up. At. All. Like, they don't even try.

Perhaps the whole system is a lie and all Pokemon Rangers we've encountered thus far are faking their position? Is there even a government? Were the cops bribed? Are we ever going to find out Looke's true identity and why he lost his memories? Perhaps he uncovered this truth that should've been left in the dark? Find out in the next episode of Pokemon Z... had to.

Don't know if this has been brought up already but... where are the freaking cops/rangers? They're always behind some bush and challenging you to a battle, but when some batshit crazy lunatic is about to blow up the entire region they're no where to be seen... what's up with that? I could understand if they couldn't do anything because they're not up to par as pokemon trainers ( we don't solve things with violence here ) but nope, they just don't show up. At. All. Like, they don't even try.

Perhaps the whole system is a lie and all Pokemon Rangers we've encountered thus far are faking their position? Is there even a government? Were the cops bribed? Are we ever going to find out Looke's true identity and why he lost his memories? Perhaps he uncovered this truth that should've been left in the dark? Find out in the next episode of Pokemon Z... had to.
I'm pretty sure that the villainous teams are still violent. I always saw it as if the evil team won the Pokemon battle they threatened the loser with their Pokemon. The player would just use them to defend themselves. This can be see with Lance's Dragonite (the former not the ladder). I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why the cops/rangers don't show up is beside they're either captured or dead...

I'm pretty sure that the villainous teams are still violent. I always saw it as if the evil team won the Pokemon battle they threatened the loser with their Pokemon. The player would just use them to defend themselves. This can be see with Lance's Dragonite (the former not the ladder). I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why the cops/rangers don't show up is beside they're either captured or dead...
If they were really violent you wouldn't be able to run back to the pokemon center if for some reason you lost the battle. No, they would beat you up to a pulp, and yet, they don't. I understand why we can't be having stuff like that happening considering who the main target audience is but still, it's funny to think about it. There you are--the one person standing before the 'big bad' and his ultimate goal--powerless and defeated, and yet they let you go. One can only wonder why lol.

If they were really violent you wouldn't be able to run back to the pokemon center if for some reason you lost the battle. No, they would beat you up to a pulp, and yet, they don't. I understand why we can't be having stuff like that happening considering who the main target audience is but still, it's funny to think about it. There you are--the one person standing before the 'big bad' and his ultimate goal--powerless and defeated, and yet they let you go. One can only wonder why lol.
If assume those are non-canon. Sometimes the opponents even act like it's the first time you're fighting them even if you've lost several times. The grunts act this way even more than anyone else.

If a player loses a battle against anyone, aren't they just teleported to the most recently-used Pokémon Center? I thought Bulbapedia stated that once, but I was wrong, indeed.

Reactions: JES
Especially in FR/LG where there's a cutscene showing how you ran away. And the games saying how you scattered money when you ran from a wild battle. Trainer battles are just you running away after giving the winner money.

If the player scatters munny from losing against a wild Pokémon, does that mean they get robbed by the feral beast that they attempted to fight? I wonder why wild Pokémon would need the munny, though.

There's a relevant comic from Rare Candy Treatment that I don't feel like linking right now, but it depicts an Electabuzz stealing pocket money from the Trainer. EDIT: I provided a link.

http://www.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/f/3/0/f30da3d60svGw.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
If the player scatters munny from losing against a wild Pokémon, does that mean they get robbed by the feral beast that they attempted to fight? I wonder why wild Pokémon would need the munny, though.

There's a relevant comic from Rare Candy Treatment that I don't feel like linking right now, but it depicts an Electabuzz stealing pocket money from the Trainer.
I think they just scattered it because they were in a state of panic and wanted to escape as soon as possible. They just weren't paying attention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)