2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm super excited for this Leicester match tonight, I haven't been this excited about a football match for quite a while

I'm super excited for this Leicester match tonight, I haven't been this excited about a football match for quite a while
My predictions:

Club Brugge - Leicester 2

and....

FC Porto - FC Copenaghen 1
Juventus - Siviglia 1
Legia - Dortmund 2
Leverkusen - CSKA Mosca 1
Lione - Dynamo Zagabria 1
Manchester City - Borussia Monchengladbach 1
Real Madrid - Sporting Lisboa 1
Tottenham - Monaco 1

Last edited:
Man city look like they might do well this season in champions league. Dortmund look like they are on another level. Real Madrid need some work apparently. Juventus paid a lot of money for a striker that we all knew can't score in big games. Leicester should be moving out of their group which will be amazing. Typical Tottenham. That is all

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Was enjoying watching the Leicester game, even though Brugge's defending was fucking terrible, just kept giving the ball to Leicester all the time. I'm sure we'll face harder challenges than that, but it was nice to see Leicester back to their best; solid, organised defending, great work rate, and great on the counter. It was easy to do though, once we went a goal up, the problem for Leicester is always when the opposing team scores first, and then we can't afford to sit back anymore.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Man city look like they might do well this season in champions league. Dortmund look like they are on another level. Real Madrid need some work apparently. Juventus paid a lot of money for a striker that we all knew can't score in big games. Leicester should be moving out of their group which will be amazing. Typical Tottenham. That is all
From the Bundesliga games I've watched of Dortmund, they haven't looked too well, they have had problems to create chances, so while they were great yesterday, I'm not sure whether it was just because Legia Warsaw is really weak. Also stop it with the Higuain circlejerk, he's been great so far, Juventus just weren't too hot in attack yesterday (or rather, Sevilla defended really well).

As for the Tottenham game, I'd say it was more of a ''typical Monaco'', Monaco played a mediocre game and deserved a draw at most, but somehow snatched a lucky win. The amount of times this has happened in the last few years is amazing.

From the Bundesliga games I've watched of Dortmund, they haven't looked too well, they have had problems to create chances, so while they were great yesterday, I'm not sure whether it was just because Legia Warsaw is really weak. Also stop it with the Higuain circlejerk, he's been great so far, Juventus just weren't too hot in attack yesterday (or rather, Sevilla defended really well).

As for the Tottenham game, I'd say it was more of a ''typical Monaco'', Monaco played a mediocre game and deserved a draw at most, but somehow snatched a lucky win. The amount of times this has happened in the last few years is amazing.
Legia aren't a terrible team and Dortmund can pick up steam really quick. Higuain has proven he hasn't scored in big games so his serie a record doesn't help with his image. Typical Monaco plus Typical Tottenham created that game as well

So I could only watch highlights so I have a few questions. Is Matic the best midfielder chelsea have to be playing alongside Oscar? Who was marking the far side on the first liverpool goal? Was David Luiz exposed? When did Jordan Henderson learn to shoot from 30+ out?

So I could only watch highlights so I have a few questions. Is Matic the best midfielder chelsea have to be playing alongside Oscar? Who was marking the far side on the first liverpool goal? Was David Luiz exposed? When did Jordan Henderson learn to shoot from 30+ out?
For the first goal, Chelsea left 4 of our players unmarked in the penalty area. Poor defending.
Personally, I felt while Luiz didn't cover himself with glory in that game, Ivanovic and Cahill were the main culprits.
As for Henderson, he scored a few goals like that before but because he rarely shoots from there, people tend to forget he can be a goal threat.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Lovren's goal was the result of some comical marking, the Chelsea players marking each other while four of Liverpool's were completely free on the other side. Matic has certainly been better so far than he was last season, and against Liverpool, he was the only one who seemed to making a proper effort but I still prefer a midfield three of Oscar, Kante and Fabregas since Matic is just too similar to Kante and we need Fabregas' creativity. It's still too early to label anything, Luiz did only make his debut this week but he was decent, nothing special but he wasn't paticularly bad either. And Henderson does pull those out of his hat every once in a blue moon.
I don't understand why Conte thought our results could take a turn for the better without him actually changing anything.

In other news, Capoue just scored again, and this time against United....he's unstoppable atm. Speaking of which, watching United lose is so therapeutic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)