Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What that means to me is that we might not be getting anything we can data mine and figure all the stats and things early like we did for ORAS. Looks like they might have learned from that mistake. Unless the demo accidentally reveals it all, if that comes to exist.

Man....thank god I have homebrew and the ability to just dump all the boxes from my Pokemon X file to my Sun and Moon, though they will make that a pain to get into I'm sure haha. Still a lot better than waiting 2 months.

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
In the description of the video, it says: 「2017年1月にバージョンアップし、『ポケットモンスター サン・ムーン』に対応する予定です。」 In English, it says there will be a version update in Jan 2017 to make Pokebank compatible with Sun / Moon. The following sentences in the description state that we'll be able to transfer from X/Y, ORAS, and the VC Red/Blue/Yellow games.
free fissure machamp

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So we'll have another pre-bank metagame? Cool, I guess.
Two months of absolute chaos as the new game hits the community, and then when things finally start looking like they'll stabilize, Bank hits the metagame like a truck shaking up everything once more. Hooray.

I believe it took four months for anything resembling tiers to emerge from the early XY metagame. This time, it seems like it will be even longer.

The Bank news is sort of disappointing, but not entirely unexpected given how unremarkable the service was on its launch. At least we can generate flawless dittos from scratch in Sun and Moon with Bottle Caps.

The delay must have companies that create cheating devices giddy in anticipation. For a whole 2 months, it'll be the only way to get your old favorite in Sun and Moon.

Surprised they aren't updating Bank right away, but I didn't use it too much other then to quickly transfer pokemon between my games.

So about 20 minutes to the news. Other then the "offical" Reveal for Rockruff's evos, what else should we see?

Wait, I remember the time that XY took at least until January or February 2014 to resemble at least a portion of OU. Will it even take until March or April at least?

That reminds me of the time that Cawmodore was disallowed from the BW CAP meta, since he was finished after pre-PokéBank XY. I wonder if the same thing will apply to Kerfluffle and ORAS. Only time will tell.

Surprised they aren't updating Bank right away, but I didn't use it too much other then to quickly transfer pokemon between my games.

So about 20 minutes to the news. Other then the "offical" Reveal for Rockruff's evos, what else should we see?
It's September, so if we're following the gameplan from the other gens, Starter evos might get revealed.

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Judging by the icons in the upper right hand corner of the video at 3:53 and 4:14 respectively it looks like rockruff's evolutions might be version exclusive after all (?)

Oranguru looks fucking insane. Telepathy mon that can let your partner repeat its spread attack? Yes please!

Catastropika is hilarious, though I'm not sure how it'll justify its use over a Light Ball on Pikachu.

After all these years, it looks like Pokemon finally gave into the old RPG trope of having 6-8 beings powering up a character into some sort of god mode. Who would have guessed Eevee would be the recipient?

Also, holy fucking shit Eevee can Baton Pass those boosts. Even on its own, Stored Power is doing competent damage.

According to the website, Instruct does exactly what it does in the trailer. It forces the target to repeat its last move, AKA single-turn Encore.

Eevee's Z-Move increases all stats in two levels. Baton Pass Ingrain getting banned in Gen VII LC incoming.

Midday Lycanroc with Sand Rush will mean it's possible I'll see it often. I don't wanna see that thing more than once :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)