Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be a Scyther/Scizor scenario where one is technically the evolution of the other and has a different typing but both share the same base stat total, just rearranged.
That's a possibility, but Scizor is the only Pokemon where that occurs and nothing like that has happened since so I think it's unlikely.

They have a... Sun Flute and a Moon Flute. Might be another Eon Flute kinda item, making it a Solgaleo/Lunala Poke-Ride.

Z-Crystal for Mew. Interesting.

Also, I don't quite catch the last part in the video, but other than a real world map, they have this yellow X mark that they say is an equivalent to the Mega/Primal marks? We know that the black + mark is likely the pentagon this gen, so what could this be?

The UBs having shiny forms isn't strange at all from a programming point of view so I don't think we should use that to speculate too much.

I also feel the special ball might just send them back to where they came from.

There's a really compelling theory that the UBs come from dreams based on the professor from the pokemon dream radar spin-off appearing in one of the trailers (you only see the name in the german trailer though). It would explain why they seem to resemble some characters and also why they're so damn weird.

No idea why there is a Mew on that Z-Crystal, but it is one of the 18 type-specific Z-Crystals.
Not Mew's signature Z-Crystal.
Ah, I see. I forgot how many signature Z-Crystals there are supposed to be outside of the type-specific ones. Well back in the dark, I suppose.

The map of Earth suddenly makes me think about the alternate dimension thing people have been talking about. Not that the in-game regions aren't modeled after the real world, but isn't this the first time they actually show the whole world map? Not counting that globe in GTS Stations, obviously.

The map of Earth suddenly makes me think about the alternate dimension thing people have been talking about. Not that the in-game regions aren't modeled after the real world, but isn't this the first time they actually show the whole world map? Not counting that globe in GTS Stations, obviously.
My prediction is that it has something to do with Pokémon GO.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
New vid:

Quick Comments:
  • Oh my Arceus, they're actually making potions a possibly more viable option than the vending machine drinks!
  • X-Battle Items MIGHT be worth it now that its a +2.
  • No new weather.
  • Mega Evo buttons is the same button place and shape as Z-Move. So still curious how it'll work for Mega Rayquaza.
  • Some interesting Key Items: Zygarde Core, Zygarde Cell, two flutes with the game logo on them, and a mask.
  • Special Z-Crystals found, one most likely being for Mew.
EDIT: Ash-Greninja'd. At least I still got my comments.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
And yet it's true. Did you honestly expect that Game Freak had people painstakingly swapping the palettes of every Pokemon? That's too time consuming and expensive to dedicate their resources on. Look at shiny sprites again.
I'm sorry but what? Do you have any experience doing this sort of thing or are you just talking out of your ass? Because I can guarantee that if you know what you're doing, making a shiny version of a texture for a model takes less than a minute to make.

Let's suppose they have every different color of a model on a different layer in a .psd file. If you look at existing textures, you can see that they have very basic shading, so those are probably on a separate layer as well. Now all you have to do is move around the hue slider a bit for each layer until you get your resulting shiny texture.

Virtually any Pokemon with the same base color has the same palette swap, as the games developed better graphics and more colors, palettes diversified so in earlier generations you see a lot more of it. Even still, Ferrothorn's spikes and Trevenant's leaves have the exact same green and both turned the same red in the shiny versions. There are a few exceptions where Game Freak wanted specific palettes or specific colors on the palette to remain the same, but those remain rare.
Pokemon with similar colors having similar shiny colors is an artifact of the old games and their sprite-based images. Since they all used palettes, shinies were made by just making the sprite use a different palette, which is why so many old pokemon have a bright pink or green shiny. Once they moved to standalone textures like in XY, they were able to color shinies however they wanted, which is why there's so few shinies (if any) that are either bright pink, green, or look almost identical to their base colors (like gengar and garchomp).

upload_2016-10-20_10-28-42.png

Rain, sun, hail, sand, delta stream winds and primal weathers?

upload_2016-10-20_10-32-4.png

I wonder what these are for.

upload_2016-10-20_10-32-18.png

bug, rock
flying, grass
dark, steel
water, electric
ground, fighting
dragon?, fairy?
fire, psychic
poison, ice
ghost, normal

Last edited:
Might be reading into this too much, but if there is no way to reconcile the Z-Move button with the Mega Evolution button on the interface, I hope this means that this gen, Rayquaza will require a specific item to Mega Evolve. After all, Dragon Ascent was not actually the only pre-requisite in ORAS. We had to clear the Delta Episode for Mega-Ray, or to better put it, we had to put the meteorite into Rayquaza's stomach for it to happen.

After all, I doubt that they will create a split button interface exclusively for Rayquaza (as far as we know, no other Pokemon so far will be eligible for putting such an interface into good use).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
View attachment 71925

Rain, sun, hail, sand, delta stream winds and primal weathers?

View attachment 71926

I wonder what these are for.

View attachment 71927
bug, rock
flying, grass
dark, steel
water, electric
ground, fighting
dragon?, fairy?
fire, psychic
poison, ice
ghost, normal
Hmm, the symbols looks similar to the initial Z-Crystals symbols from the toy, especially the Normal-type:

And looking closely, the "Mew" looks more like the Fairy symbol.

Might be reading into this too much, but if there is no way to reconcile the Z-Move button with the Mega Evolution button on the interface, I hope this means that this gen, Rayquaza will require a specific item to Mega Evolve. After all, Dragon Ascent was not actually the only pre-requisite in ORAS. We had to clear the Delta Episode for Mega-Ray, or to better put it, we had to put the meteorite into Rayquaza's stomach for it to happen.

After all, I doubt that they will create a split button interface exclusively for Rayquaza (as far as we know, no other Pokemon so far will be eligible for putting such an interface into good use).
Since it looks like GF are going back to balance things out, maybe they will give Rayqauza a Mega Stone and just make Dragon Ascent a Signature Move.

Reactions: Mq
I know this is extremely late but didn't the chinese riddler leak this UB?

He mentioned a Pokémon whose design is based on its mouth.

EDIT: Also the horned Tapu was mentioned in a random 4chan leak. A lucky guess, maybe?

cant say says: we use [hide][/hide] tags here

Last edited by a moderator:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Uhm. No. No it's not xD All it shows is the Persian exists, not that we got the entire Dex. One mon existing, one we already had an idea existed, does not mean proof of the pokedex leak being 100% accurate.
the fact that the design is the same as the alolan persian from the leak is pretty compelling

Weirdness. Yesterday when I tried the catching challenge all I could find was Pikipek, Yungoos, and the occasional Rockruff. No Pikachu at all in like 30 encounters. Today, when I tried it again, I find Pikachu with Pikipek and Rockruff. No Yungoos at all, even though they were the most common yesterday.

Is there a code in the demo that governs the rarity of the Pokemon in the same area depending on the date or other variables? This is very bizarre.

EDIT: And seriously, now it is just a swarm of Pikachu in the grass. Is it a case of "when it rains, it pours", or is there some sort of coding in the demo that allowed this to happen?
Isn't one of Static's abilities increasing the encounter rate of Electric types? So you got weird RNG yesterday, then one today which skewed your RNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)