Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a question: Should I get a tutor now, or wait til we get Sun & Moon? I want to start playing competitive but with S&M approaching I'm feeling kind of confused.

Wouldn't Type:Null and Silvally be the "breeding cat" Pokemon in that leak? I know they're more dog-like than cat-like, but they are 2 stage, and can change, so its possible. Spooky Snowman thing is likely bullshit though.

Wouldn't Type:Null and Silvally be the "breeding cat" Pokemon in that leak? I know they're more dog-like than cat-like, but they are 2 stage, and can change, so its possible. Spooky Snowman thing is likely bullshit though.
But you don't use breeding to alter their Type, and you couldn't breed it with anything other than Ditto anyway, since they are Genderless Mons. Also, the leak described the new Type as being slapped on as its Secondary Type (Normal/Water, Normal/Fire, Normal/Grass), not replacing Normal as it seems to with Silvally. Oh, and it mentions the change as specifically affecting the base stage, not just the Evo.

you have to really stretch for this

It is not a cat.
No breeding is involved at all.
Only Silvally can change types, and does so through its ability in combination with an item
Silvally's horns are the only thing that change, not the patterns of its fur.
Silvally changes its entire type, it doesn't add a dual type
Only Silvally can do it. Type Null itself won't.

you have to really stretch for this

It is not a cat.
No breeding is involved at all.
Only Silvally can change types, and does so through its ability in combination with an item
Silvally's horns are the only thing that change, not the patterns of its fur.
Silvally changes its entire type, it doesn't add a dual type
Only Silvally can do it. Type Null itself won't.
IIRC They actually said the second form was the one that changed. BUT they also said that it was determined by the father, so it wouldn't be able to change types once evolved. Also, the ears are vaguely cat-like, imo.

That said, No. It isn't the "breeding cat 'leak'", just a pretty amazing coincidence.

So Thundurus is somewhat nerfed, priority is nerfed...Blaziken is gonna be so OP in Battle Spot.

I am more interested in movepool and base stat changes to other mons, I am hoping here we have a good amount of move tutored moves, also a lot of new moves and abilities are looking pretty sick, instead of making alolan forms and megas I hope they somewhat focus a little more on incorporing those in previous mons, I can only dream.

Also I know is probably not that relevant, but does anyone finds that Granbull statue weird? I cant be the only one.

You mean the police department mascot? I also find it weird, but there's also the chance its a red herring. I guess we'll know it on November 18th.

So Thundurus is somewhat nerfed, priority is nerfed...Blaziken is gonna be so OP in Battle Spot.

I am more interested in movepool and base stat changes to other mons, I am hoping here we have a good amount of move tutored moves, also a lot of new moves and abilities are looking pretty sick, instead of making alolan forms and megas I hope they somewhat focus a little more on incorporing those in previous mons, I can only dream.

Also I know is probably not that relevant, but does anyone finds that Granbull statue weird? I cant be the only one.
Not at all. Some cop just decided to paint their Granbull blue, and what they do in the privacy of their own precinct is their own business.

But in all seriousness, like Drake Wolf said, it could be a misdirect. Still, I wouldn't be against a noble police Granbull.

Not at all. Some cop just decided to paint their Granbull blue, and what they do in the privacy of their own precinct is their own business.

But in all seriousness, like Drake Wolf said, it could be a misdirect. Still, I wouldn't be against a noble police Granbull.
I don't care if its a red herring I want a plushie of it at some point

priority nerf is gonna shake up the meta especially at higher tiers like OU, UU and Ubers.

scizor, bisharp are gonna tank in pick ratings, pokemon with e-speed sets are gonna be more risky. pranksters will also be risky
hobestly this will buff my most hated pokemon moody smeargle

priority nerf is gonna shake up the meta especially at higher tiers like OU, UU and Ubers.

scizor, bisharp are gonna tank in pick ratings, pokemon with e-speed sets are gonna be more risky. pranksters will also be risky
hobestly this will buff my most hated pokemon moody smeargle
That is kinda obvious though, setup sweepers overall like Xerneas or Blaziken could become more op than what they are already, because if this impacts the tiers enough to discourage things like Pranksters, Brave Birds and ExSpeeds they will be much harder to deal with it, I am kinda excited every time the meta changes, though also this could be a problem since trying to role compress could become much more difficult to do overall, anyways I am hyped.

Also does the confusion nerf is confirmed?

Has anyone determined base power of Z-Moves yet (if only the Electric one)? With Gamefreak acting like it'll be this generation's Mega-evolution I'm curious as to what their effects are.
Do they ignore defence? Are they physical, special or typeless? Do they have increased priority?

On that note, why are people saying priority is nerfed? I only see a terrain move and currently 2 Pokémon with priority-blocking abilities, none of which look incredibly powerful.

Has anyone determined base power of Z-Moves yet (if only the Electric one)? With Gamefreak acting like it'll be this generation's Mega-evolution I'm curious as to what their effects are.
Do they ignore defence? Are they physical, special or typeless? Do they have increased priority?

On that note, why are people saying priority is nerfed? I only see a terrain move and currently 2 Pokémon with priority-blocking abilities, none of which look incredibly powerful.
Damage Category and Base Power scales based on what move was used to make the Z-move happen: Gigavolt Havoc from Thunderbolt is a 175 BP special move and Nuzzle makes it a 100 BP physical move.

And I'd say it's too early to say if Bruxish, Tsareena and Psychic Terrain really hinder priority all that much, particularly if the first two end up being frail attackers.

Damage Category and Base Power scales based on what move was used to make the Z-move happen: Gigavolt Havoc from Thunderbolt is a 175 BP special move and Nuzzle makes it a 100 BP physical move.

And I'd say it's too early to say if Bruxish, Tsareena and Psychic Terrain really hinder priority all that much, particularly if the first two end up being frail attackers.
Do we know what happens if Thunder Wave is used to trigger it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)