Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes a lot of sense, considering Alolan people assumed that Raichu ate too many pancakes. Maybe Snorlax's Soultimate Z-Move is the "pancake" they're referring to, or at least a brand of sweets named after the move.

So, assuming we get them (which is seeming likely), what does everyone think Fiery Terrain (or Fire/Burnt/Blazing Terrain, whatever they end up calling it) and Ghostly Terrain will do, beyond boosting their respective Types?

So, assuming we get them (which is seeming likely), what does everyone think Fiery Terrain (or Fire/Burnt/Blazing Terrain, whatever they end up calling it) and Ghostly Terrain will do, beyond boosting their respective Types?
Using the Sea of Fire Effect from the pledge moves would be interesting, but we also have like 3 other hazard types and adding another that can instantly be put on to the field (even if it would also affect yours) seems a bit much.
The lamest effect would just be immunity to freeze or some other passive bad effect to ice types.

Since psychic terrain feels made to help counter priority in VGC, maybe ghostly terrain will help prevent flinching? That'd be a pretty big game changer, yeah?

Using the Sea of Fire Effect from the pledge moves would be interesting, but we also have like 3 other hazard types and adding another that can instantly be put on to the field (even if it would also affect yours) seems a bit much.
The lamest effect would just be immunity to freeze or some other passive bad effect to ice types.

Since psychic terrain feels made to help counter priority in VGC, maybe ghostly terrain will help prevent flinching? That'd be a pretty big game changer, yeah?
Ghostly Terrain being an anti-flinch measure would be huge, though in VGC Psychic Terrain would be sort of an upgrade, as it would block Fake Out and so much more. Now if it were Arena Trap like and trapped all grounded Mons....Ok, yeah, no, that would be evil, especially since it wouldn't trap the Ghost (notably Tapu Swordfish) that set it up.

And as much as I hate to admit it, I can see GF going the anti-freeze route for Fiery Terrain if for no other reason than it could stack with Sunny Day to create some insane firepower for Fire-Types, so the other effect would need to be mundane in order to balance it.

No name or anything is available, so its just the leading theory based on its weird looks.
I wouldn't be too surprised if that were the case in the end, though looking at it, it sort of resembles the box legendaries and their "pre-evos" with the yellow rims and blue center.

Not really... Terrains only last for 5 turns, and ghost types have little to no use of the move. It's really only anti Jirachi flinch spam, but there aren't any relevant ghost types who can't deal with that. Sableye has priority Wilo, Geng runs Shadow Ball, and Chandelure has Shadow Ball and FB. None of these Pokemon have space for a move that doesn't help them out anyways. The only functional super niche use of Ghostly T. could be on Mew/Smeargle, but I still don't see it doing much... Jeopardizing the standard sets for this is way too situational to be worth the time.

It's going to end up being another forgotten and unused move. It's interesting, but it's useless.
Dude we still dont know what it will do,is just guessing, lol.

Intrigued by how the Fire terrain will result if it is indeed a terrain, maybe that tapu sets up something like Gravity or TRoom instead.

I have now decision for who I choose in my team... Mimikyu or Palossand?

What do you think? Which one has more potential?

Without knowing their stats and movepools it's almost impossibile to see through their potentials. You could say that Mimikyu has both a superior ability and typing, but then again it could have terrible stat distribution and shallow movepool, so we'll just know once the games'll be out.

Well, let's break this down:

Defensive: Pallossand is sure to have better Defensive stats, along with the potential to boost via Water Compaction, while Mimikyu has the advantage of Disguise protecting it from a hit. As far as Typing is concerned, Mimikyu is only weak to Ghost and Steel, while resisting Bug (x4) and being immune to Fighting, Normal, and Dragon. Pallossand has more weaknesses (Water, Grass, Ice, Ghost, Dark), but also more resistances (Bug, Poison [x4], Rock) and just as many immunities (Normal, Fighting, and Electric). All in all, I say Pallossand come out on top here, though not in a landslide.

Offensive: Both Mons have great STAB combos, with Ghost/Fairy not being resisted by anything in the Alola Dex (at least in regard to the Type combos we currently know). We can also confirm that it gets Thunderbolt for coverage, though my guess is, given its big ole' ghost claws, that it's Physically oriented. Pallossand seems to be Specially oriented, and we know it gets Earth Power and Shadow Ball, so that is a big boon on its part. It also gets Mega Drain, which is awesome for both coverage and recovery. I say Pallossand and Mimikyu tie on this one, as Pallossand has more in terms of confirmed potency, but Mimikyu has serious potential.

Support: Both are sure to get Will-O-Wisp, and so that's serious points in both columns. Since Mimikyu learns Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave seems likely , and it looks like (based on the most recent trailer) Mimikyu learns Charm, which is a fun option. Pallossand gets Sand Tomb, and that constant damage will be nice early game when its a little Sandyghast. In the end, Mimikyu wins this category, especially since Disguise benefits it greatly on the support front, as it can switch out to tank a hit when necessary, no problem (well, the first time it gets hit there's no problem, at least).

Verdict: As Axelsaurus said, we won't be sure until the games drop, but for now Pallossand looks like the way to go if you want power and bulk, while Mimikyu is for you if your team could use support and perhaps a bit of versatility.

Last edited:

You could just use both. Since the exp. Share mechanics are exactly like XY and ORAS, having a team of over 6 pokemon without without having to grind a lot is fairly easy.

If you rather not use a team of 7, it really depends. Mimikyu's ability to absorb any single attack once without taking damage could be invaluable in many situations and can potentially save you a ton of healing items. However, Palassand is likely to have better stats overall due to it being a second stage evolution. Since there is little to no data on these Pokemon's movepools and stats, I would generally wait until the games release before making a final decision.

But I never read the first post!

Well at least team planning will be slightly easier now. Surprised we're getting an Ice-type so early ... even if it is Delibird.

Wait, so the 'pre-evolutions' don't appear next to their respective legendary? So many questions.

And apparently Alolan-Exeggutor is bloody immortal. Or the streamers are just plain old bad.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Fire Terrain might give Telekinesis-like effect to Pokémon that aren't too heavy, lifting them with heat, but making them easier to hit. Alternatively, it might boost grounded Pokémon's evasion a bit, due to the "wavy air" effect. But probably neither of those will happen.

Ghost Terrain might inverse type effectiveness on grounded Pokémon or add Ghost-type to all of them, Trick-or-Treat style. But probably neither of those will happen.

I'm kinda surprised to see Litten's best stat being Speed. I guess it makes sense, but considering its final form I didn't expect a speedster. Then again, the evolution might well drop its base Speed or keep it from going any further up... Unfortunately.

https://www.twitch.tv/fackingcharmander?sr=a

Theres a live of the in-game sun/moon rn, you can sometimes clearly see the stats of some of the new pokemons like Litten, can we somehow determine its stats from whats provided in the video? i'm not an expert :3

View attachment 72184
You can get a fairly poor estimation of their stats at that level. But better than nothing, I suppose. There's a couple levels worth of stats:

Hp/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe order

Level 12
33/21/18/19/15/24

Level 13
35/23/19/21/16/26

Level 14
37/24/20/22/17/27

Level 15
39/26/22/24/18/29

I'm just going to take the lazy route with stat calculating since it's late as fuck and assume neutral natures (possibly bad assumption - does the learning a new move screen have the stats the nature affects highlighted? if so this is a neutral natured Litten, since nothing is highlighted, but idk) and no EVs (verifiably wrong assumption, but the impact of EVs shouldn't be too high with how many Pokemon this Litten has actually fought - can check a stream recording to see what this Litten fights from level 10 onwards to get EVs, but before that is a mystery). End up with:

HP: 32-49
Atk: 55-70
Def: 42-57
SpA: 48-62
SpD: 28-45
Spe: 66-82

In short it's a fast mixed attacker with a likely bias towards physical.

Last edited:
I'm kinda surprised to see Litten's best stat being Speed. I guess it makes sense, but considering its final form I didn't expect a speedster. Then again, the evolution might well drop its base Speed or keep it from going any further up... Unfortunately.
I'm quite surprised as well, but it wouldn't be the first time that a bulky-looking Pokémon ends up faster than expected. For example, Purugly is surprisingly fast and quite fragile, despite its appearance, and same goes for some fast-looking Pokémon which are actually quite slow.

Been studying the missing slots in the zip file to see if I can figure out what they are and I found a cool little discovery. based on what we know about the trial captains and what type they use the slots can be tied to potential totem pokemon featured in their trial
Raticate totem (ilima moon)
Gumshoos totem (ilima sun)
Flomantis totem (mallow)
Salandit evo totem (kiawe)
Mimikyu totem (ghost captain from demo trailer)
Vikivolt totem (sophocles)
Kommo-o totem (fighting or dragon captain still not shown)

This leaves lana who specializes in water and we have seen a wishiwashi cutscene in one of the trailers for the game and hakamo-o had a similar cutscene in the demo so tying it together. the problem is wishiwashi doesn't have an extra slot in the zip but maybe its because school form is so big that the totem isn't a separate sprite but instead it never goes into solo form during the fight.

The only slots not accounted for is 2 pairs after zygarde 10% but before complete form and a single slot before caterpie

I don't know about the zygarde slots but the single slot could be an empty slot because if, and this is a big if, the 3d stills are the from the pokemon center healing animation the empty slot could be used to fill empty slots in your party when the animation starts at the very least its not a new pokemon because the stills are in national order and its a single slot meaning no shiny form for whatever it is

Edit: that big if I was talking about I'm taking it back I rewatched the E3 gameplay reel and found this
tmp_17982-Screenshot_2016-10-23-10-22-16-1850835584.png

And in the zip we have
tmp_17982-271-1425016081.png

Still sticking with the first slot being a dummy still

Last edited:
Reactions: Mq
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)