Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I noticed something odd. In the demo, Slam's animation is basically just Tackle or Pound. But, in this trailer:

When Komala uses Slam (and it is definitely using Slam, according to the on-screen text), the animation is very different.
Do you think that perhaps its animation was unintentionally (or maybe even intentionally) scrubbed?

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
is there any news on whether z moves can miss? hasnt been following too closely
I have heard it can be wasted on immunities and (possibly) protect. If you've seen PokeaimMD:

Anyway - a pokemon I've been thinking a bit about recently is Passimian. Ideas for partners?

NOTE: I'm also presuming that receiver can activate in singles after an ally dies, as there's nothing that really suggests it doesn't.

Anyway - a pokemon I've been thinking a bit about recently is Passimian. Ideas for partners?

NOTE: I'm also presuming that receiver can activate in singles after an ally dies, as there's nothing that really suggests it doesn't.
Here's a couple i'm thinking of:
Whim547.gif

Whimsicott @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 204 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Memento
- Tailwind
- Knock Off
- Moonblast

Bla257.gif

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd think something with Huge/Pure Power or Shedinja would be the obvious first choice, TBH, though I'll give you points for creativity.

Thoughts?
Be patient and wait less than a month.

Competitive discussion is hard without knowing the full beast we're dealing with, there's just way too many unknowns. Even if we had a full data mine, some things look good on paper and then when we test them and they just don't work (Electrivire) And the reverse too, I remember when Aegislash was seen as a gimmick.

Plus while we all make mistakes, the Orange Islands Board doesn't permit competitive discussion.

Also don't triple post, just edit your first one.

View attachment 72190
Guess we know what that mark is for now:
View attachment 72192
It was shown in the recent Battle Royal footage shown by NicoNico.
The stars appear for every pokemon you KO in battle royal
That symbol has actually been seen since the FunHaus gameplay, if not even earlier at E3. either way, good catch

JoycapJoshST double posting especially is a no-go, mentioned by the guy above me. speculating about actual viability... well, I'm not gonna try to sound like a broken record. it's no attack on you, but it's a pain for mods to edit posts themselves

Last edited:
Be patient and wait less than a month.

Competitive discussion is hard without knowing the full beast we're dealing with, there's just way too many unknowns. Even if we had a full data mine, some things look good on paper and then when we test them and they just don't work (Electrivire) And the reverse too, I remember when Aegislash was seen as a gimmick.

Plus while we all make mistakes, the Orange Islands Board doesn't permit competitive discussion.

Also don't triple post, just edit your first one.
actually team preview killed electrivire's viability. then you throw in the fact that the best physical electric moves are exclusive to legends or pikaline. there is no reason for volt tackle(electric variant of flare blitz) to be limited only for the pikachu family line

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Electivire is a fun 'mon, actually. It would have been a lot better if not for a few little things: A little too poor offenses, an awkward Speed tier, lack of good physical STAB, no way to boost offensive stats outside Power-Up Punch and its Ability, which is a gimmick you can see coming from a mile away (unless you run Vital Spirit, that is - that would certainly be unexpected, but it still wouldn't help it much). If helped to overcome any of these little hurdles, it would be a much better Pokémon.

Luckily, Game Freak has a good history of distributing new tools every generation. And while Electivire doesn't particularly stand out as a recipient for more toys, it doesn't need much. One good move added to the Physical Electric pool. A useful boosting move with wide distribution. A slight stat adjustment. A new Ability that doesn't suck. Electivire is this close to stardom, or at least a step out of mediocrity, and every game I patiently wait for the toy that would allow one of my favourite Pokémon to take that step. It wouldn't even have to be something tailored for Electivire, just something it could put to good use combined with those almost-great qualities it has.

So far, though, we've seen few indications of new toys that would truly help old Pokémon become Gen VII's equivalent of Mawile, Altaria or Kangaskhan - or even Scizor or Politoed. That kind of worries me, and I think I've worded my concerns elsewhere in this thread already. Z-moves are neat, I suppose, but it seems like their best users will be Pokémon that already do well. A Z-move will be stronger coming from, say, Alakazam and Starmie than from Chimecho and Seaking. There might possibly be a renaissance of suicide leads, but that's not a niche where I see Electivire succeeding any time soon.

Oh well. For poor Electivire, I guess we could at least hope for better availability in Gen VII. It is hurt badly by the need to trade to reach its full potential in-game, and to top it off, the Electirizer is usually a post-game item only. In-game, it has great Speed, great offenses and a movepool wide enough to hit most types Super-effectively with only four moves, which in theory makes it really great. It's even easy to bait Electric moves for Motor Drive if you pair it with Gyarados. But what good does that make when you can't get Electivire until after the main story?

Anyway, I sure hope - and think - something is helped out of the swamp of mediocrity this time. It's great to see old Pokémon with a terrible image suddenly become super-stars of the Pokémon fandom. It doesn't have to be Electivire for me, or any of the other Jokémon I've grown fond of; I'll be satisfied as long as there is a handful of rags-to-riches stories to look back on in a year or so.

Been studying the missing slots in the zip file to see if I can figure out what they are and I found a cool little discovery. based on what we know about the trial captains and what type they use the slots can be tied to potential totem pokemon featured in their trial
Raticate totem (ilima moon)
Gumshoos totem (ilima sun)
Flomantis totem (mallow)
Salandit evo totem (kiawe)
Mimikyu totem (ghost captain from demo trailer)
Vikivolt totem (sophocles)
Kommo-o totem (fighting or dragon captain still not shown)

This leaves lana who specializes in water and we have seen a wishiwashi cutscene in one of the trailers for the game and hakamo-o had a similar cutscene in the demo so tying it together. the problem is wishiwashi doesn't have an extra slot in the zip but maybe its because school form is so big that the totem isn't a separate sprite but instead it never goes into solo form during the fight.

The only slots not accounted for is 2 pairs after zygarde 10% but before complete form and a single slot before caterpie

I don't know about the zygarde slots but the single slot could be an empty slot because if, and this is a big if, the 3d stills are the from the pokemon center healing animation the empty slot could be used to fill empty slots in your party when the animation starts at the very least its not a new pokemon because the stills are in national order and its a single slot meaning no shiny form for whatever it is

Edit: that big if I was talking about I'm taking it back I rewatched the E3 gameplay reel and found this
View attachment 72188
And in the zip we have
View attachment 72189
Still sticking with the first slot being a dummy still
So i was right in thinking 7 captains

(speculation removed - CRoll)

haha ironically I remembered Lillipup and not Snubbull. I keep forgetting Snubbull is a dog
Yeah, it's a widdle bulldog fairy! And apparently it has paralytic saliva, as do some specially bred tiny terriers...Pokemon is weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone's talking about the potential for Fiery Terrain and Ghostly Terrain, (Personally I think spooky terrain sounds better =p) but isn't it just possible that the Swordfish and the Bull/Librarian Tapu's get Drizzle and Drought respectively? The one on the left could actually be water/fairy instead of ghost/fairy.

Everyone's talking about the potential for Fiery Terrain and Ghostly Terrain, (Personally I think spooky terrain sounds better =p) but isn't it just possible that the Swordfish and the Bull/Librarian Tapu's get Drizzle and Drought respectively? The one on the left could actually be water/fairy instead of ghost/fairy.
Doubtful. At most I can see Tapu Swordfish getting Misty Terrain instead (we do need a setter for it and Grassy Terrain, after all). Also, it would be nice if we got Terrain equivalents of the Icy Rock, Smooth Rock, etc.

Decided to take a look at the new pokedex and it honestly seems pretty dope. The variety here really reminds of BW2, XY, HGSS, and DP's pokedexes. I'm just hoping this doesn't mean that we will see a ton of pokemon congested into a single area at once like we did in X and Y, as that was my biggest issue with that game. Luckily, the returning day and night cycle looks like it has the potential to alleviate that issue, so it most likely won't be that big of a deal.

Here are some highlights I noticed from the pokedex (assuming that index number indicates when the pokemon will be availible to the player in game like it did in XY, BW2, and BW).
  • Gastrodon, for the first time since DPP, will be usable for an ingame run without any external methods (i.e. trading, transferring). Unfortunately, it looks like it will be availible very late in the game.
  • Rockruff looks like it will be availible once the player has completed a moderate amount of the game.
  • Cubone and Maroawk appear to be located a fire related / warm area due to their indexes being near other fire type pokemon such as Magmar and Talonflame. Interestingly, Kangaskhan also seems to be located near this area.
  • Aerodactyl, Archen, and a few other fossil pokemon seem to be availible in the later half of the game
  • Zygarde's index number is listed before over 100 pokemon. This could mean that it is either located at a specific region of Alola and can only be battled post game similar to Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno from X and Y, or that it can be captured or gifted to the player in the later half of the story, similar to Lati@s from ORAS.
  • The Porygon line, similarly to Gastrodon, can be used in-game for the first time since gen 4. Like Gastrodon, its availible late in the game, though luckily not as late as Gastrodon.
  • Solrock and Lunatone don't seem to appear anywhere in the game.
  • Alolan Golem's index number list it near a few electric type pokemon like Electivire and Togedemaru. This indicates that it will be an electric-type.

Does Pikipek really have base 75 atk in the Sun and Moon Demo ?

I remember seeing screens about its base stats but its defences were lowered like the others I recall.

• Gastrodon, for the first time since DPP, will be usable for an ingame run without any external methods (i.e. trading, transferring). Unfortunately, it looks like it will be availible very late in the game.
This is great, but also a disappointment. I've been waiting for new Shellos/Gastrodon Forms since the pre-release of Gen 5, and now they're finally in another regional Dex and...nothing. You'd think the Gen that introduced regional variants would be the one to also give us some sweet new looks for everyone's favorite sea slug.
Maybe since Ghosts type can't be trapped the effects of Ghostly Terrain will cause all grounded pokemon to become non trappable by abilities like shadow tag and arena trap and by moves like magma storm and mean look, along with powering up ghost type moves.
That's exactly my point, though. Unlike Mean Look, Spider Web, and Block, as well as the partial trapping moves (Fire Spin, Sand Tomb, Wrap, Etc.), the effect wouldn't fade after the user switched out. This means that the opponent couldn't switch out after you send out your best counter, essentially chalking up a free KO. Then they'd respond in kind, KOing your Mon, and the cycle would continue for the duration of the move. It would basically force players to use a Ghost on their teams and/or run Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Parting Shot, which would centralize the Meta and make things uninteresting.
Does Pikipek really have base 75 atk in the Sun and Moon Demo ?

I remember seeing screens about its base stats but its defences were lowered like the others I recall.
It doesn't seem like it actually had debuffed defenses, since its in-demo BST is the same as Fletchling's (278), and yes, it really did have Base 75 Attack AND Base 65 Speed. It is one wild little woodpecker.

Last edited:
A lot of people have been comparing Aloha Persian to Garfield, but I think game freak had something else in mind,

Anyway we were discussing rags to riches stories a page ago, and I think the pokemon that earned that title so far is Whimpod and its xenomorph evo. I hadn't even considered the guy until seeing that thing, and now I don't even need stats to get it a team slot. My only hope is it keeps the water/bug typing after evolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)