SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two one question regarding zygarde. If you have 50 cells and you assemble does it automatically turn into 50 percent form or does it always create 10 percent form first?
Never mind, I just saw this answered in the previous page.

If you have collected 100 cells in your game, do any extra aura break zygardes you get from trades have the ability to become power construct? Or do you need an amount to total another 100 cells?

Last edited:
Which pokemon would you replace with vikavolt and crabdominable then? Which would I most benefit from?
You don't have to replace both, either can pull their weight in the main story with Eviolite. Not too many other new electric types than Pichu (bad early game, but cool when evolved and has a good exclusive Z-Move), Orricoro (good typing, okay stats, but it takes some time to get electric STAB) Togedemaru (found on third island, meh stats, but solid typing, movepool, and abilities). Crabdominable can be replaced by Stufful (found relatively early, solid coverage, good bulk with Fluffy), Passimian (good stats and TM movepool but poor level up movepool, needs to be traded. Put an Oranguru up for it on GTS if you want it), and Jangmo-o (great stats and offensive typing, but found really late game.)

I have two one question regarding zygarde. If you have 50 cells and you assemble does it automatically turn into 50 percent form or does it always create 10 percent form first?
Never mind, I just saw this answered in the previous page.

If you have collected 100 cells in your game, do any extra aura break zygardes you get from trades have the ability to become power construct? Or do you need an amount to total another 100 cells?
You need a total of 100 cells, including however many are being used in an Aura Break Zygarde, to make it a Power Construct version.
Which pokemon would you replace with vikavolt and crabdominable then? Which would I most benefit from?
Charjabug can generally hold its own until Vast Poni Canyon with Eviolite. Crabrawler's fine for Melemele Island, but if you're set on a Fighting type, Bewear (with Fluffy) is available on Route 8, albeit as a 5% encounter. (about the same time Golisopod becomes available, but SAVE YOUR GAME before trying to chase Wimpod)

Can you reset the demo and keep playing through it to get multiple Ash-Greninjas for your save file, or are you only allowed to send one Greninja per save file? ie do I have to reset Moon to get another Ash-Greninja

Can you reset the demo and keep playing through it to get multiple Ash-Greninjas for your save file, or are you only allowed to send one Greninja per save file? ie do I have to reset Moon to get another Ash-Greninja
You don't have to reset or replay the demo. When you start a new save file on sun or moon, just use the demo again to send ash greninja and items. I used my demo to send an ash greninja to my moon and sun copy.

Is there a list of Movepool additions PokeBank is going to bring with the update to transfer from Pokemon R/B/Y. I'm sure there was one on here but I cannot seem to find it now.

Is there a list of Movepool additions PokeBank is going to bring with the update to transfer from Pokemon R/B/Y. I'm sure there was one on here but I cannot seem to find it now.
This isn't a decisive list, but here are all the old TM's http://www.serebii.net/rb/tmhm.shtml

Here is the pokedex for Gen 1 http://www.serebii.net/pokedex/

Not very many interesting things (a lot of TM's are just weaker versions of new moves), but here are some highlights:
  • Horn Drill and Fissure. Ready to face Fissure No Guard Choice Scarf Machamp?
  • Counter may be of use, though I don't know who gets it.
  • Seismic Toss might be good on some bulkier users.
  • A few decent powered normal moves like Tri-Attack and Mega Kick.
  • M E T R O N O M E
Pokebank mainly adds all the pokemon absent from Sun & Moon, making all egg moves legal as well as HA island scan mon's legal (and, to an extent, HA Apricorn Ball Island Scan mons)

Last edited:
This isn't a decisive list, but here are all the old TM's http://www.serebii.net/rb/tmhm.shtml

Here is the pokedex for Gen 1 http://www.serebii.net/pokedex/

Not very many interesting things (a lot of TM's are just weaker versions of new moves), but here are some highlights:
  • Horn Drill and Fissure. Ready to face Fissure No Guard Choice Scarf Machamp?
  • Counter may be of use, though I don't know who gets it.
  • Seismic Toss might be good on some bulkier users.
  • A few decent powered normal moves like Tri-Attack and Mega Kick.
  • M E T R O N O M E
Pokebank mainly adds all the pokemon absent from Sun & Moon, making all egg moves legal as well as HA island scan mon's legal (and, to an extent, HA Apricorn Ball Island Scan mons)
It's pretty odd that Clefairy and Clefable get access to Soft-Boiled by tutoring in Gen III but cannot learn it in Gen I (not that you cannot merge them with a Chansey with a glitch but that's not legit)

Another fine move from Gen I is Reflect, of which a lot of Pokemon get it in Gen I but not in newer gens (e.g. Chansey).

I know which pokemon I am going to use. However what I haven't figured out yet is what movesets to use on these pokemon. Keep in mind this is a team for ingame use only, no wifi battles or anything like that, just a story mode team.

Here is the team of pokemon I will be using.

Vikivolt - Bug/Electric
Mimiku - Ghost/Fairy
Muk - Dark/Poison
Salazzle - Poison/Fire
Golisopod - Bug/Water
Crabominable - Ice/Fighting

I feel I have a decent team, has an unfortunate weakness to rock type but thats okay. All I am after is good moves and hold items would be great! I wanted to use all new pokemon, would have switched crabominable to alola ninetales but I got pokemon moon, so I am stuck with sandslash.

Thank you guys so much for any help you give, any of it will be taken to heart and used to build my best in-game team. And any replacements would be great I just wont be removing Mimiku or Muk AT ALL, those are my favorite :D

Thank you!
- UB3RN00B

I know which pokemon I am going to use. However what I haven't figured out yet is what movesets to use on these pokemon. Keep in mind this is a team for ingame use only, no wifi battles or anything like that, just a story mode team.

Vikivolt - Bug/Electric
Mimiku - Ghost/Fairy
Muk - Dark/Poison
Salazzle - Poison/Fire
Golisopod - Bug/Water

I feel I have a decent team, has an unfortunate weakness to rock type but thats okay. All I am after is good moves and hold items would be great! I wanted to use all new pokemon, would have switched crabominable to alola ninetales but I got pokemon moon, so I am stuck with sandslash.

Thank you guys so much for any help you give, any of it will be taken to heart and used to build my best in-game team. And any replacements would be great I just wont be removing Mimiku or Muk AT ALL, those are my favorite :D

Thank you!
- UB3RN00B
Definitely recommend Bug Bite, Spark, Mud Slap and Acrobatics on what will be a Charjabug for most of your game. Replace Spark with Thunderbolt when it finally evolves into Vikavolt.

Mimikyu I recommend Splash, Snadow Sneak, Shadow Claw and Play Rough with Normalium Z. Z-Splash gives +3 Attack which is great to sweep with.

Salazzle I found Dragon Rage quite helpful for a while, it doesn't get much else other than STAB coverage. Toxic might be useful for totem fights.

Golisopod - Leech Life, First Impression are both a lot of fun, I also used Rock Tomb and Sucker Punch until it finally learned Liquidation.

Haven't used the other two I'm afraid!

Vikivolt - Bug/Electric
Mimiku - Ghost/Fairy
Muk - Dark/Poison
Salazzle - Poison/Fire
Golisopod - Bug/Water

Thank you!
- UB3RN00B
Muk should have Crunch and Gunk Shot for STAB, then Brick Break and Rock Slide for coverage. Crabominable should be replaced with Bewear, unless you can trade it to someone who'll evolve it early for you. If sticking with Crabominable, go with Crabhammer, Ice Hammer, Close Combat, and either Brutal Swing or Bulldoze. If you want to switch for Bewear, it should do well with Superpower/Hammer Arm, Shadow Claw, Double Edge, and Rock Slide. Alternatively, you could ask someone to trade you a random Alolan Vulpix over in the Wifi forum.

I have got a question about TM60 (Quash). I can't seem to get my hands on it. The trainer on Poni Plains says that I have to battle all the trainers on Poni Plains in order to have a battle with him, whereafter he gives me the TM. But I've fought all the trainers there and he still says that I haven't fought every trainer. Am I missing something? Or do I have to fight every trainer on the entire island?

I have got a question about TM60 (Quash). I can't seem to get my hands on it. The trainer on Poni Plains says that I have to battle all the trainers on Poni Plains in order to have a battle with him, whereafter he gives me the TM. But I've fought all the trainers there and he still says that I haven't fought every trainer. Am I missing something? Or do I have to fight every trainer on the entire island?
Are you sure you've fought the two other Ace Trainers and the Hiker? You might have missed the latter.

I think I did, yes. Should I make a video of me walking around the Poni Plains? Perhaps I'm missing some hidden trainer...
I know I had trouble with this for a while; I missed a female trainer on the bottom right of the area - there's a small secluded path all the way to the right from the guy who gives you Quash.

I know I had trouble with this for a while; I missed a female trainer on the bottom right of the area - there's a small secluded path all the way to the right from the guy who gives you Quash.
Ah yeah, that was it. Easy to miss. Thank you very much.

TBH a lot of the trainers the mini bosses require you to defeat are in difficult-to-find places. I had to travel all around Route 15 multiple times to find the Swimmers I was missing. And then you eventually forget about them.

Can I Encore my opponent when they use a Z-Move? For example, if they use Swords Dance's Z-Move (idk the name), and I Encore, will they be locked into SD?

Another question regarding Z-Moves. When not online, when I press the Z-Move icon in-battle, it makes a "bling!" sound effect. When online, it doesn't. Is it just me? Or was this actually intended?

Last edited:
A question regarding in-game teams - I am planning on breeding a team on Moon to start my playthrough on Sun (with Exp Share off and skipping some trainer battles to compensate for starting with a full team and choice of pokes). My Moon team was Decidueye, Salazzle, Mimikyu, Golisopod, Kommo-o, Vikavolt. I'd like a new team of Gen 7 pokes for Sun, and in-game availability is not important as I'll be transferring them over. I do care about type balance however. Any recommendations? I am currently eyeing Minior, Togedemaru and Alolan Exeggutor

Last edited:
A question regarding in-game teams - I am planning on breeding a team on Moon to start my playthrough on Sun (with Exp Share off and skipping some trainer battles to compensate for starting with a full team and choice of pokes). My Moon team was Decidueye, Salazzle, Mimikyu, Golisopod, Kommo-o, Vikavolt. I'd like a new team of Gen 7 pokes for Sun, and in-game availability is not important as I'll be transferring them over. I do care about type balance however. Any recommendations? I am currently eyeing Minior, Togedemaru and Alolan Exeggutor
Definitely Munchlax/Snorlax. I love the way it plays through the game. It's a fun mon, and not overpowered at all.

Definitely Munchlax/Snorlax. I love the way it plays through the game. It's a fun mon, and not overpowered at all.
Pretty sure they want Pokémon from Gen 7.
Oops, I read over that detail. In that case, I played with Crabrawler, which is actually kind of weak, especially because you can evolve it relatively late in the game. But I think I had the most fun with it in my first playthrough. It often gets outsped, and its typing isn't optimal, leaving you for a challenge quite often. And I liked that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)