SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
do the pokemon from outside of the dex (Island scan, greninja, etc) helps towards getting a better critical capture multiplier?

do the pokemon from outside of the dex (Island scan, greninja, etc) helps towards getting a better critical capture multiplier?
I believe the critical catch multiplier still looks at national dex numbers, yeah. I remember ScriesM, I think, mentioning it while looking into the catch formulas

Thanks, I'll give Pelago a go (go)

I've been in there a grand total of once to get beans to evolve my Evee, is Pelago really worth getting into apart from stones?
Definitely. The best method for growing berries and Isle Aphun is nice (free items) but the passive EV training of the last island (while allowing you to do other things) is absolutely amazing. The Serebii link has more info.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Thanks, I'll give Pelago a go (go)

I've been in there a grand total of once to get beans to evolve my Evee, is Pelago really worth getting into apart from stones?
If its a secondary game, don't bother. Not worth the effort. If its your only/primary game then yeah it's probably worth spending the time go get the beans/levelling up each area. Definitely upgrade the main bean collecting one first, then the Treasure Island one imo. After that move onto the berries and everything else.

Can I get more of the evolution stones that aren't in the shop? I need a Froslass but I already evolved my Misdreavus with the stone.
the pokepelago option is great, you just have to focus on the gemstone mission, and keep doing it over and over.

you have also pickup for sun and moon stones, but they appear in pokepelago too.

It's a shame the island scan pokemon don't count toward the number of catch pokemon for the critical capture pruposes. I just realiced I would need to complete the whole dex If I want to get a higher ratio.

Sine they had added gameplay changes already in a patch, I think there's hopes that when pokebank gets released they will add a national dex.

Last edited:
If its a secondary game, don't bother. Not worth the effort. If its your only/primary game then yeah it's probably worth spending the time go get the beans/levelling up each area. Definitely upgrade the main bean collecting one first, then the Treasure Island one imo. After that move onto the berries and everything else.
It's my main game, and I'll be bringing all my mons to a well deserved holiday to Alola so I wanna get all I can out of it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Sine they had added gameplay changes already in a patch, I think there's hopes that when pokebank gets released they will add a national dex.
National Dex is now on Bank. It's confirmed on the website. There will be no national dex in SM.

how will that affect critical capture chances?
It should work like it always has. The game should still just check how many of the 802 pokemon you have. Just because there isn't a national dex doesn't mean the game isn't tracking it.

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/801143974643769344

e: ACtually it's even simpler than I first thought.
All it does is track how many different pokemon you have. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate#Critical_capture

How come some Pokemon have a different colored background when they evolve? While my Torracat was evolving the background was blue, but I just evolved Sandshrew and it was green

Is there any somewhat easy way to level up your Pokémon to 100? Since I'm guessing no, which is the easiest way available/which one do you recommend?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Is there any somewhat easy way to level up your Pokémon to 100? Since I'm guessing no, which is the easiest way available/which one do you recommend?

Sorry if this has been asked before.
There are pretty much two ways to go about this: using the Festival Plaza shops to level up pokemon at the cost of a huge amount of FC (up to level 96 I believe) or running the E4 while using a Lucky Egg and Rainbow Bean for Refresh XP bonus (with a traded Pokemon for even more, I guess).

Both aren't nearly as good as ORAS Blissey Secret Bases, though.

I have two questions:

1) Yesterday, I got a very obviously hacked Crabrawler, but that's not the matter. The matter is one of the ribbons it had - it was a Footprint Ribbon. Does the NPC that hands out that Ribbon even exist in Sun and Moon? I don't remember having seen that one.

2) Is it even worth purchasing one of the Gen VI games given the Pokebank update is close? Or there is nothing worth getting there that I could not simply get on a Wonder Trade or GTS?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)