SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought this would be the case. :(

These Pokemon are going to be a pain for getting the right natures and IIRC a lot of the RBY TMs we're one per game. =/
The big deal here will be the nature, yes. How are they going to get the nature? Basing it on DVs (just like gender or shininess in GSC)? Completely randomized?

(Also, we must be wary just in case Game Freak decides to troll us and make all Virtual Console Pokemon have their Hidden Abilities where applicable)

Another matter will be the IVs themselves, but naturally only for Ditto, of course (you can always find a Missingno. and level everything up to 100 to forget about IVs).

Limited TMs are not an issue because of Missingno.

EDIT: How do you register for the Alola Friendly?

Last edited:
While SOSing, if I Skill Swap Synchronize to a wild Pokemon and have a second Pokémon to take the Skill Swap back, will the Synchronize effects still take place?

Does Fast Ball increase your catches in catching Tapu Koko? I was SR'ing for HP Ice and decided to catch it in a Fast Ball because that seems to be the most fitting one to catch it with. Turned out that I kept on catching Tapu Koko on my first 2-3 tries. Was I extremely lucky or does it actually increase the catch rate? I'm pretty sure it's latter but it's just weird seeing as Fast Ball works better on pokes that run away and Tapu Koko never runs away.

Does Fast Ball increase your catches in catching Tapu Koko? I was SR'ing for HP Ice and decided to catch it in a Fast Ball because that seems to be the most fitting one to catch it with. Turned out that I kept on catching Tapu Koko on my first 2-3 tries. Was I extremely lucky or does it actually increase the catch rate? I'm pretty sure it's latter but it's just weird seeing as Fast Ball works better on pokes that run away and Tapu Koko never runs away.
As of Gen IV, it's about a Pokemon's speed. According to Bulbapedia, it's 4x effective if used on a Pokemon with a base speed greater than 100. So, yep, it works extra well on Tapu Koko (130)!

It doesn't actually work well on things that run away (unless a second such bonus has been added to it). The Gen VII description just uses that strange way to describe fast 'mons.

Reactions: JR
Quick question. Are Luxury Balls available in Gen. 4? More specifically, is it possible to catch a Zapdos in Gen. 4 with a Luxury Ball? I want one with Defog (gen. 4 is the only generation for it afaik). Thank you.

Quick question. Are Luxury Balls available in Gen. 4? More specifically, is it possible to catch a Zapdos in Gen. 4 with a Luxury Ball? I want one with Defog (gen. 4 is the only generation for it afaik). Thank you.
If Bulbapedia does not have wrong information, you could.

It is not an easy task, however:
- In DPP, Luxury Balls can be bought in Sunyshore City or the Pokemon League, but you have to deal with the fact Zapdos is a roaming legendary.
- In HGSS, the Luxury Ball can only be obtained as a Pokewalker or lottery prize.

If Bulbapedia does not have wrong information, you could.

It is not an easy task, however:
- In DPP, Luxury Balls can be bought in Sunyshore City or the Pokemon League, but you have to deal with the fact Zapdos is a roaming legendary.
- In HGSS, the Luxury Ball can only be obtained as a Pokewalker or lottery prize.
Thanks for your answers, I might just capture it with an Ultra Ball instead.

Use a Fast Ball, if this is HGSS. It doesn't match as well aesthetically, but it's obviously rarer and fits well conceptually.
Don't know much about 4th gen. in-game so I didn't know you could catch one with a Fast Ball. Definitely looks better imo, and fits very well. Thanks for the tip!

I refuse to believe that Nihilego has a catch rate of 45. To put into perspective, I've caught Solgaleo (same catch rate of 45) multiple times in a Beast Ball in less than 10 tries. I put this freaking Pokemon to 1 HP, Asleep, and I'm trying to catch it in a Dive Ball (better chance than Beast Ball) and it still takes over 30 balls just to catch it. So annoying.

I refuse to believe that Nihilego has a catch rate of 45. To put into perspective, I've caught Solgaleo (same catch rate of 45) multiple times in a Beast Ball in less than 10 tries. I put this freaking Pokemon to 1 HP, Asleep, and I'm trying to catch it in a Dive Ball (better chance than Beast Ball) and it still takes over 30 balls just to catch it. So annoying.
Beast Ball gets like a 5x bonus on Ultra Beasts. You can catch it easily if you just put it to sleep at full health.

Beast Ball gets like a 5x bonus on Ultra Beasts. You can catch it easily if you just put it to sleep at full health.
Yeah, I know that. I already caught one in a Beast Ball but it seems that Dive Ball Nihilego are the hype right now. It's just ridiculously hard to catch for some reason. Thanks, anyway.

Edit: I guess I wasn't clear. I meant it should be easier to catch Nihilego with a Dive Ball than it is to catch a Solgaleo with Beast Balls.

So today we got new info about Bank - some of it specifically pertaining to the transferred Gameboy 'mon. Among that, we found that there was a new gameboy icon to indicate the Pokémon had come from Gen 1.

(look beside the stat marks above the moves)

My question is; during the Sun/Moon datamine, was such an icon found? Because if it's not in the game yet that implies an update/patch.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
So today we got new info about Bank - some of it specifically pertaining to the transferred Gameboy 'mon. Among that, we found that there was a new gameboy icon to indicate the Pokémon had come from Gen 1.

My question is; during the Sun/Moon datamine, was such an icon found? Because if it's not in the game yet that implies an update/patch.
I don't think the datamine is exactly complete, seeing how they datamined the walking and running animations after the release.
I think it's unknown how much content is left un-datamined.

So I noticed something in Sun and Moon and I want to see if anyone can confirm it. When I tried to use cute charm to effect the male:female ratios of Saladit in an SoS chain it only seemed to work when I led with Sylveon and not when I switched him in after using false swipe. I theorized that the cute charm effect is one that is applied at the beginning of a battle, and will last until the battle ends (or potentially until Sylveon faints). I've done a little bit of testing and this seems to hold true but I don't have any code to back this up. Was also wondering though if this is true of the nature picking effects of Synchronize.

So I noticed something in Sun and Moon and I want to see if anyone can confirm it. When I tried to use cute charm to effect the male:female ratios of Saladit in an SoS chain it only seemed to work when I led with Sylveon and not when I switched him in after using false swipe. I theorized that the cute charm effect is one that is applied at the beginning of a battle, and will last until the battle ends (or potentially until Sylveon faints). I've done a little bit of testing and this seems to hold true but I don't have any code to back this up. Was also wondering though if this is true of the nature picking effects of Synchronize.
If I'm not wrong right now, the abilities that affect wild Pokemon such as Synchronize or Cute Charm only work on SOS Allies if the Pokemon with that ability is battling when it was summoned.

tl;dr Sylveon had to be out for you to have a higher chance of encountering SOS female Salandit.

Yeah, I know that. I already caught one in a Beast Ball but it seems that Dive Ball Nihilego are the hype right now. It's just ridiculously hard to catch for some reason. Thanks, anyway.

Edit: I guess I wasn't clear. I meant it should be easier to catch Nihilego with a Dive Ball than it is to catch a Solgaleo with Beast Balls.
Very little of the catch rate system this version has actually been datamined despite how vehement some people are about their claims. There are various other conflicting reports such as the Beast ball being 0.6x with regular pokemon and regular pokeball being 1x against beasts

Reactions: JR

Looks like this got people to dig around

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/823903445732196355

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/823904745119023108

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/823912536349229056

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/823966703407288320

The Go symbol lines up with stuff found by the pokemonproject/bulbapedia https://tcrf.net/Pokémon_Sun_and_Moon#Pok.C3.A9mon_Go_Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)