Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

I'm not sure if you're supposed to post bugs for the android app here but in doubles whenever the opponent has a gastrodon it's invisible and unselectable. You can only kill them with moves that target both enemies and if you can't faint it that way you lose from timeout.

On the showdown android app in VGC 17 doubles, when using a z-move that is based on a spread move (rock slide/earthquake) it doesn't allow you to pick a target and chooses your target at random.
I was about to post the same issue.
When selecting a spread move (such as Heat Wave or EQ) as the base move for a Z-move, it will not allow you to select a target and will automatically target the mon on the right (for doubles, obviously).

Hey, great job with the update! It definitely looks better. I have an issue to report, not sure if the GitHub repo or this forum is the place to put it, so I will do both.

When entering a battle, the app immediately crashes. I'm on a Droid Maxx, Android version 4.4.4.

Hey, great job with the update! It definitely looks better. I have an issue to report, not sure if the GitHub repo or this forum is the place to put it, so I will do both.

When entering a battle, the app immediately crashes. I'm on a Droid Maxx, Android version 4.4.4.
Same for me .
I'm looking into that. Maybe something is odd with the music or the animated sprites, try to disable them. Regardless, a fix should come soon.

The new version introduces A LOT of bugs, the biggest of them being:

-For VgC, ut will only let you select your leads, but won't let you select the 2 YOU want in the back, and will select them based on who's left on queu on the team.

-Spread move based Z Moves (f.ex. selecting EQ to use Zground) will now target a random opponent instead of automatically targeting the one in the right and won't let you select the desired target.

-Sprites on team preview. Your team will be facing you instead of the opponent, and the opposing team will be giving their back to you.

Please fix, as the above issues (mainly the first 2) make VGC almost unplayable.

The new version introduces A LOT of bugs, the biggest of them being:

-For VgC, ut will only let you select your leads, but won't let you select the 2 YOU want in the back, and will select them based on who's left on queu on the team.

-Spread move based Z Moves (f.ex. selecting EQ to use Zground) will now target a random opponent instead of automatically targeting the one in the right and won't let you select the desired target.

-Sprites on team preview. Your team will be facing you instead of the opponent, and the opposing team will be giving their back to you.

Please fix, as the above issues (mainly the first 2) make VGC almost unplayable.
I get those you told me, but is there any more of those LOTS of bugs? Please, the more help i get the better.

Sorry my bad english, I'm French:
I have the same teambuilder problem.
The first time I tried it, It worked fine, But I try to modify my team, It say that Showdown crashed.
And when I try to open a battle, the app crash.
Thanks a lot for working on this :)
I'm on Android 4.4.4

So I was just messing around a bit, managed to open the teambuilder the first time around. Clicked import from clipboard (didnt have anything on it yet, still had to get a txt from desktop), and from that point it started acting funny. Maybe I'll reinstall or something, see what that does.

Suggestion:when you GO to a different tier could have a option named as "other teams",to select a team Who don't are of the specifc tier,(Sorry for my bad English)

Suggestion:when you GO to a different tier could have a option named as "other teams",to select a team Who don't are of the specifc tier,(Sorry for my bad English)
I don't get your question at all... Go to a different tier where? Select a team where? and when a team is created on the Team Builder, it is automatically setted as OU by default, and then you change it; there isn't a team who isn't from a "specific tier" (I assume a non existent one, but then what's the point?).

EDIT: I presume you were talking about the team selector when adding a new battle, and not the teambuilder itself. In that case, I may look into it.

Last edited:
I don't get your question at all... Go to a different tier where? Select a team where? and when a team is created on the Team Builder, it is automatically setted as OU by default, and then you change it; there isn't a team who isn't from a "specific tier" (I assume a non existent one, but then what's the point?).
It's Because,i can't use my gen 6 OU team in Gen 7 OU,The Gen 6 OU team Should Be appeared in other teams in Gen 7 OU Tier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)