Sky Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Please read through Sky Drop discussion on page 1 of Feedback thread to get some background.

Sky Drop - Flying | Physical | Any Single Target | Formula BAP | 100% Acc | Formula EN Cost | -- Eff% | Contact: Yes | 0 and -1 Prio | Z-BAP: 12 | Combo Type: Force | Snatch: No | Magic Coat: No

The Pokemon grabs the opponent in its talons, and drops them from a great height. While in midair, the target of Sky Drop has its attack redirected to the user, and can only hit the user with its attacks (and cannot use Evasive Damaging Moves). Gust, Hurricane, Sky Uppercut, Smack Down, Thunder, Twister, and Whirlwind cannot miss against either Pokemon in the evasive stage of Sky Drop. If the user of Sky Drop is hit by Smack down while in the evasive stage, it crashes to the ground and takes (2 * Weight Class + 4) damage while the target lands unharmed. If Gravity is used, both Pokemon take this crash damage. Sky Drop fails when used on a Substitute, or if the target's Weight Class is equal to or greater than the user's Weight Class + 3. If used on a Flying-type Pokemon, it will deal no damage but the attack will still lift the target into the air as normal.

BAP Formula: 6 + Target Weight Class
Energy Cost Formula: 5 + (Target Weight Class / 2)
After the recent voting on Storm Throw, there is precedent to adjust Weight-Based moves to standardise their damage relative to in-game. Sky Drop is the most recent of these to be discussed. With a cap on targets that can be lifted and a secondary effect, its adjustments may need to be different to other weight-based moves. Questions to be answered include:
  • Is Sky Drop's soft damage cap significant enough to warrant alternate BAP / EN costs from other weight-based moves?
  • Is Sky Drop's semi-evasive effect significant enough to warrant alternate BAP / EN costs from other weight-based moves?
  • Are there other weight-based moves that are inconsistent with their in-game representations?
Proposed changes currently:
  • 4+WC/2 BAP, 4+WC/2 EN
  • 3+WC BAP, 4+WC/2 EN
  • 3+WC BAP, 1+WC EN
I'll try to track discussion in the OP. Fire away!

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reviving.

Sky Drop in veekun says 60 BAP. If we wanted to make it consistent with other WC-based moves, then I support 4+WC/2 BAP, based off the standard WC being 4. 6 BAP usually corresponds to 4 EN cost, but Sky Drop here has an additional niche as some sort of attack that can evade some opponents in Doubles and above. Normal (as in, Dig and Dive) Damaging Evasive moves have 10 EN, 4 more than the average move with the same BAP, so I propose Sky Drop gets 2 more EN than base 6 BAP attacks. So against a WC 4 opponent, 6 EN from 4+WC/2 EN seems fair - going slightly higher, maybe 4+WC/4 EN, is also acceptable, since we seldom see EN being a less expendable resource compared to HP.

The soft damage cap may be premise to lower EN cost or increase BAP by a total margin of 2, at most? Just my opininon.

(seriously Council move this to Voting unless you guys already have an unanimous decision)

Council has unanimously decided to keep as is...what do you mean you don't believe me?

Tentative voting slate: Going up in 24 Hours or less.

Q1: What should Sky Drop's Power be?
A) (4+WC/2) BAP
B) (3+WC) BAP
C) Keep as is: (6+WC) BAP
D) Back to drawing board

Q2: What should Sky Drop's Energy Cost be?
A) (4+WC/2) EN
B) (1+WC) EN
C) Keep as is (5+WC/2)
D) Back to drawing board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)