Playoffs Smogon Tour 23 Play-offs - Finals [Won by Posho]

Status
Not open for further replies.
man we gotta ban the word goat from smogon

congrats posho. I figured you'd be back here but not with such lightning speed and now no one can say last season was a fluke, or that players like you bring the quality of smogon tour down, or any of that stupid shit you had to put up with. amazing work man, way to not get deterred. sick teams that play to your own style rather than trying to counter whoever you play, never content with tunnel visioning ahead, the whole package. e: also winning such an absurdly stacked tour adds to how impressive this was. welcome to the club. please stop saying cuck though

nice work ben

Last edited:
I'm usually not one to bitch about things that are out of my control but I think it needs to be said regardless. I'm referring to the people who went out of their own way to spam and challenge me in pms, with the server lag from people joining not really helping my case. the d/c's definitely influenced my moves as I did cancel a number of times but clearly the command didn't go through (to the ignorance of those who thought I choked). not to detract from my opponent's victory but I thought that finals was pretty garbage, i'm astonished that we had to play a stour finals under those circumstances. rant aside many thanks to those who helped and supported me, my opponents for putting up with my tentative schedule, and congrats to posho for winning this time around :p
Man, if this is true, it's pretty disappointing. I'm not trying to take away from Posho's win or anything, but this should be a bannable offense IMO. Meddling with a tournament finals match is definitely a form of cheating that we shouldn't tolerate on Smogon.

Congrats to Posho on a nice performance and for winning a Tour after reaching the finals twice! I wish the BW game wasn't glitched on Showdown.

Ben, someday you'll get it. You've reached the highest echelon in this game, both in skill and respect. Keep at it, bro. Always a pleasure watching you play.

late to the party but congrats to both craing/ben gay and posho for making it this far. Although we were spammed with random people due to the global announcement, you both gave us a good battle to watch and maybe without the flooding we would maybe had something different and more unique

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Grats Posho

Man, if this is true, it's pretty disappointing. I'm not trying to take away from Posho's win or anything, but this should be a bannable offense IMO. Meddling with a tournament finals match is definitely a form of cheating that we shouldn't tolerate on Smogon.

Congrats to Posho on a nice performance and for winning a Tour after reaching the finals twice! I wish the BW game wasn't glitched on Showdown.

Ben, someday you'll get it. You've reached the highest echelon in this game, both in skill and respect. Keep at it, bro. Always a pleasure watching you play.
No one was doing it to throw him off though, it was just the randoms from main spam challenging everyone. Not like they knew what was going on which is stupid by itself I guess but it's not like anyone went out of there way to rig the finals.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Grats Posho

No one was doing it to throw him off though, it was just the randoms from main spam challenging everyone. Not like they knew what was going on which is stupid by itself I guess but it's not like anyone went out of there way to rig the finals.
Thanks

But let's use common sense for once, shall we: If it was announced it was a finals of a tournament, why'd you be challenging or talking to the players involved, even more when there was a lot of people joining, the server could not stand that and thus there was a lot of lag, it kinda makes no sense, it's like there's a final of whatever football tournament and out of the sudden random people start jumping in on the pitch and distract the players.
I'm deeply sorry the finals had to go this way, ben, I hope we have a cleaner series soon enough :)

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Thanks

But let's use common sense for once, shall we: If it was announced it was a finals of a tournament, why'd you be challenging or talking to the players involved, even more when there was a lot of people joining, the server could not stand that and thus there was a lot of lag, it kinda makes no sense, it's like there's a final of whatever football tournament and out of the sudden random people start jumping in on the pitch and distract the players.
I'm deeply sorry the finals had to go this way, ben, I hope we have a cleaner series soon enough :)
Well the answer to that is simple.. those people dont care or dont understand how serious this was to you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)