College

I'm thinking about Stanford, New York University.

Always keep this in mind when choosing schools,

apply for a good school that you might get into, a school that your sure you get into, and a school you know you will get into.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i have a friend who went to u toronto

i attend washington university in st louis for now

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
McGill University, Montreal Canada

Second year Chemical Engineering.

It's a thing :)
Hey Gorm, we study the same.

Second year of Molecular Science & Technology, differentiated in my major to Chemical Technology (which is like Engineering actually)

Delft University of Technology/Leiden University

Applying to;

Buckinghamshire New University - music management/digital media
University of Chester - music journalism / commercial music production
Southampton Solent University - popular music journalism
Staffordshire University - music journalism and broadcasting.

Already got the grades needed to get in to each one, just waiting on them accepting my application. Then i'll go check out the places and see which one I prefer.

Should have gone uni this year but I was too lazy and didn't even apply last year, so now i'm having a year out doing nothing but working / getting drunk.

well this year, im a senior and im not planning to go to College but if i do, im going to Art School. i also plan to travel and work.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Sanglunaria I have a close friend up at VT :)

I'm currently studying at Singapore Management University lol. Its pretty good and really gaining ground fast in terms of rankings and stuff!

I'm in grade 11 and need to start thinking about this. The problem is I dont know if its necessary to go to an American school or not... I will apply to University of Toronto, which is the best rated school in Canada, and something like 19th in the world and I would kind of expect a scholarship based on my marks, but i know I could go to whatever school I wanted to and the allure of ivy league is tempting. Stanford just seems so dreamy lol living down in Cali.
Personally, If you can get into Princeton or Stanford or Harvard or any of the top ivy-league schools, i'd say you should go for it. Somehow there's still a huge difference between the quality of education in the really top-tier universities as compared to one which is 19th or something. I'm not saying UoT is bad or anything but if you can do so much better, go for it.

This thread reminded me that I really need to start looking for colleges... I still have no clue what profession I want to get into, or whether to commute/go away etc =[

Let's see...I'm currently at DeVry for Accounting, but I've been seriously considering to go to ASU, since DeVry has a very crappy 8-week class schedule.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
Personally, If you can get into Princeton or Stanford or Harvard or any of the top ivy-league schools, i'd say you should go for it. Somehow there's still a huge difference between the quality of education in the really top-tier universities as compared to one which is 19th or something. I'm not saying UoT is bad or anything but if you can do so much better, go for it.
not really, undergrad education is more what you make of it rather than where you go. for grad school I would agree that theres a substantial difference since most of the top ranked schools have huge endowments which means better facilities, research grants, etc;

uc santa cruz

MCD Bio

This school is the shit. Whether you're here for a good time or a good education, you can find both. UCSC beat the private sector at cracking the human genome and on top of that we have a great astronomy program. I don't know much about the other programs there since I'm not involved in them.

The school and the area are super liberal though. I think that's awesome, but people that are more conservative might not approve.

Oh yeah, it's in norcal so the weed is dank.

I'm applying for Nanyang tech university Singarpore but I still don't know whether they let me take the entrance exam or not - still worrying about the shortlisted round. Does Anyone else here aply for Nanyang ?

I currently go to the University of Maryland, College Park. Sophomore. CS Major with a minor in Astronomy.

This semester has been the toughest for me yet (Easiest semester for me, ironically, was 2nd semester, 1st semester was a uh...rough transition).

I made it into University of Michigan, just got the acceptance letter yesterday, I was so relieved. May not go there depending on scholarships from other schools though, but I think there's a high possibility I will attend there

Well iw ant to go to princeton (im 13) so yea ill be working extra hard to get in but i dont know that much about certain colleges i want.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I go to Simon Fraser University, majoring in Interactive Arts & Technology

I'm in grade 11 and need to start thinking about this. The problem is I dont know if its necessary to go to an American school or not... I will apply to University of Toronto, which is the best rated school in Canada, and something like 19th in the world and I would kind of expect a scholarship based on my marks, but i know I could go to whatever school I wanted to and the allure of ivy league is tempting. Stanford just seems so dreamy lol living down in Cali.

No idea what to do. Looking for a math oriented program, possibly computer science or physics. I'm taking grade 12 advanced functions in grade 11 and getting mid-high 90s, and do little to no homework. Problem with going to an american school is i will end up getting an american job and will have to leave Canada for good, which i don't want to do, cause Toronto is awesome.
Unless you're getting craaazy scholarships don't bother with the States. Honestly, for the same education you're paying about 4x more. 1 year in the States would cost the same, if not more, than your entire degree in Canada =/

Probably going to CCRI for a few years until I get an idea of what I want to major in while I get a job and live at home.

Then after a while I will transfer to University of Rhode Island.

I was in a college, but then I realized it was the WRONG college to go to because it sucked ass. It was a tiny little privet college that just started and I felt like.....no I was being over sheltered. I wasn't allowed to do anything! No guys in the building after 10, no guys on sundays at all (mind you I am a girl). I was miserable and I left that place as soon as I could. Keep in mind everyone, most colleges only care about your money, they don't give a hoot about you. So think wisely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)