You have a choice, 1 choice...

Even Focus Sash Aggron/Bastiodon with Metal Burst aren't unbeatable - Breloom will always beat them seeing as Metal Burst has no priority modifier and so can't reflect back Focus Punch.

There's always Speed Boost Yanmega with Hypnosis, Sub, Bug Buzz, Air Slash, probably @ lefties for more subbing. It relies heavily on luck (Hypnosis needs to hit, they need to sleep for at least 2 turns so you can get your sub up) but it can potentially win against anything. Even Insomniacs are not safe as Air Slash can flinchhax.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
In this kind of environment, I'd probably run a big risk / reward Pokemon, since it's pretty tough to counter absolutely everything.

Absol @ Leftovers (assuming Focus Sash is disallowed as earlier mentioned)
Adamant
4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Sucker Punch
- Magic Coat
- Taunt / Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut / Rock Smash

The objective is to predict possible status users, and Magic Coat their attack right back at them. To this end, pray that they aren't holding a Lum berry. Taunt probably wouldn't receive much use in such a fast-paced environment, but it could act as a means of ensuring Sucker Punch works. Swords Dance if Focus Sash is allowed. Psycho Cut and Rock Smash attempt to add slightly more coverage, for lack of better options.

Yanmega could work with this set:-

Yanmega @Petaya/Liechi Berry
252 SpA/Attack, 160 Attack/SpA, rest in Speed
Speed Boost
Lonely/Mild

Bug Buzz
Substitute
Air Slash/Protect
Reversal

Beats most Special Walls, I guess. Max Attack and Mild if running Petaya and vice versa. Substitute to 1 HP, activating Berry Boost, Bug Buzz for STAB and Cresselia, Reversal for Blissey, Empoleon, etc. Tyranitar leads kill this though.

That absol set looks pretty good, actually, although i'd prefer life orb over lefties. You dont want longevity really, you just wanna kill them..life orb gives the most attack boost without choice band.

And that slaking set wouldnt be bad, but you'd probably be put to sleep early, then you'd just get smacked around until you died.

That absol set looks pretty good, actually, although i'd prefer life orb over lefties. You dont want longevity really, you just wanna kill them..life orb gives the most attack boost without choice band.

And that slaking set wouldnt be bad, but you'd probably be put to sleep early, then you'd just get smacked around until you died.
You know,i really think that should be a sleep clause for that too.In 1vs1,putting to sleep is cheap(and limits any poke that has less than 70 base speed...Breloom walks over all of them).

You know,i really think that should be a sleep clause for that too.In 1vs1,putting to sleep is cheap(and limits any poke that has less than 70 base speed...Breloom walks over all of them).
Welllll i dunno. Such sleep whoring could merit a use for the lum berry (a big use). Its open for debate i suppose, im just fine either way.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yanmega could work with this set:-

Yanmega @Petaya/Liechi Berry
252 SpA/Attack, 160 Attack/SpA, rest in Speed
Speed Boost
Lonely/Mild

Bug Buzz
Substitute
Air Slash/Protect
Reversal

Beats most Special Walls, I guess. Max Attack and Mild if running Petaya and vice versa. Substitute to 1 HP, activating Berry Boost, Bug Buzz for STAB and Cresselia, Reversal for Blissey, Empoleon, etc. Tyranitar leads kill this though.
Well, you actually have 6,25% chance of getting a CH against Tyranitar, and, if you don't get a CH, 20% chance of surviving Stone Edge to kill it on the next turn.

Using Substitute until Tyranitar misses Stone Edge and/or activate Petaya might be better, though.

With so many sleep moves, Metal Bursts/Counters/Mirror Coats, and setting up subs or stuff like CM, Taunt should have a mention. Something like this:

Crobat @ Leftovers/Focus Sash/Wide Lens
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP/252 Speed/4 Special Attack
Timid Nature (+SPD/-ATK)
- Taunt
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
- HP [Fighting] / Roost

Fastest non-uber Taunt in the game, tying with Aerodactyl. Taunt against things like Blissey, Breloom, FEAR sets, etc. that probably won't attack you directly, then put them to sleep. If against a sweeper, just Hypnosis right off the bat. Shadow Ball + HP [Fighting] hits everything for at least neutral, or you can use Dark Pulse and Roost (Dark Pulse is better than Shadow Ball if you are using only one attack because Normal types are immune to Shadow Ball). Inner Focus even stops you from Flinching against Fake Out users! Max Speed for the speed, of course. I put on max HP so it would be bulky enough, but max Special Attack could also work. Wide Lens for better Hypnosis acc., Leftovers to heal, and Sash for if you feel like it. It doesn't do a lot to Blissey, but it won't like Taunt and Hypnosis.

Someone mentioned Aero earlier, and I think it could work here, too.

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure/Rock Head
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Speed/-Special Attack)
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
(For the last two moves, pick two of the following: Fire Blast, Taunt, Crunch, Ice Fang, Aerial Ace, Double Edge)

I use Life Orb Aerodactyl on Shoddy Battle, and it works wonders, especially late-game, when stuff is weakened. Focus Sash is an option, if you want to get in two hits. The EVs and nature are sorta obvious. Earthquake and Stone Edge are a great attacking combination. For the last two slots, Fire Blast could be used for Steel physical walls like Skarm, Forry, and Bronzong, but I doubt they will see a lot of action. Taunt stops sleeping moves, setting up, etc. Crunch has 10 more base damage against Cresselia and Dusknoir, but they still effectively wall Aero unless they are focused on Special Defense instead. Ice Fang hits Dragons, Aerial Ace is for Breloom, Heracross, and STAB, and Double Edge with Rock Head is just for plain damage and good accuracy.

Fear rattata

no srsly
While FEAR is awesome it is not really usable here since status moves fuck up the combo.

Personally I'd use
Shedinja@Focus Sash
~X-Scissor
~Shadow Claw
~Shadow Sneak
~Protect

If it's immune then it's game over and it may have a chance against other stuff w/ Focus Sash. High Risk. High Reward.

I can see Breeloom@Toxic Orb being useful in this metagame

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Hypnosis
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
HP [Fighting]

or maybe

Smeargle @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Focus Sash
Spore
Belly Drum
Extremespeed
Waterfall

wasn't sure for the last move on Smeargle

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
While FEAR is awesome it is not really usable here since status moves fuck up the combo.

Personally I'd use
Shedinja@Focus Sash
~X-Scissor
~Shadow Claw
~Shadow Sneak
~Protect

If it's immune then it's game over and it may have a chance against other stuff w/ Focus Sash. High Risk. High Reward.

I can see Breeloom@Toxic Orb being useful in this metagame
Wouldn't Substitute be better than Protect? If they're using Will-O-Wisp or whatever else at you, this means they don't have a super-effective move, so the Subs won't ever be broken, and you score another win.

Gamefreak should have given Sheddy 4 HP eh?

Well, try ursaring @ burn orb. It has ridiculous power, and doesn't fear statuses. The problem is can it kill before it dies?

Hmm, slaking seems pretty good one-on-one.

Slaking @ Life Orb
Shadow Claw
Earthquake
giga impact/return
Fire Blast

If scarf isn't banned, then it would work too. Most fast pokemon can't take hits.

Probably something like

Staraptor@ Focus Sash
- Endeavor
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Aerial Ace

No BB since Focus Sash won't have any recoil. Has problems with Zapdos, but I don't care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)