You have a choice, 1 choice...

Breloom, no doubts...

Breloom @ Focus Sash
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Seriously what can beat it in 1x1?
It totally eliminates any pokémon that can't stop the spore: a few taunters, insomniers... and... .... ..?

I'd use a Gallade with a Life Orb attached. Close Combat, Stone Edge, Leaf Blade and Shadow Sneak. Shadow Sneak could be used to take out the speedier stuff, Stone Edge for anything that's Bug or Flying, Leaf Blade for any Water types you might see, and CC for good old STAB and taking out things like Weavile.

Or, instead of running four attacks, you could stick one of his many status moves on there. Burning a physical sweeper in a 1v1 match is pretty much GG. Hypnosis could easily put them out for the few turns you need to KO as well.

Pfft Dragonite @ Yache Berry (Adamant)
252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Outrage

I'll revise what I said before...

Blissey @ Focus Sash
252 Defense / 252 SD / 4 HP
Calm

Counter
Calm Mind
Softboiled
Ice Beam

Just pray you don't run into another Calm Mind poke. Or Dragon Dance Tyranitar...

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Aggron @ Focus Sash
- Metal Burst
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Screw the other 3 moves, all you need is Metal Burst and you're basically set! =0

I would've used this..... without sandstorm it kind of works-

Blissey@ Focus Sash
Bold
252 def, 152 hp, 104 sp.atk
Counter
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Softboiled

..... Counter Physical threats, CM special ones.... pity that Toxic/WOW absolutley wrecks this....

Lol. Nice to see you getting ideas for MY tournament.

People, let me tell you the banned stuff.

Blissey isn't allowed.
Focus Sash isn't allowed.
Choice items won't be allowed after the first round is finished, and you need to use the same Pokémon every time, so that'll take out things that only work well with Choice stuff.
You guys didn't listen you have to follow these rules.

Why would anyone have to listen to that? We're not in his tournament. There isn't a tournament like this on Smogon afaik. I could list my own rules and say I'm about to host said tourney. Those are rules to HIS tourney on his site or whatever it's hosted on. Therefore, you are not obligated to follow those rules at all.

Also for the genius who thinks nothing can beat said Breloom, how about anything with a faster sleep? Or anything FASTER with a Lum Berry. How hard is it to beat that?

For the record, the best thing to do is probably get something that hits hard, has Lum Berry, and a priority move in case they have Focus Sash.

You guys didn't listen you have to follow these rules.
Yea, everyone here has been posting sets with focus sash. Focus sash is banned..as well as blissey is banned, so no calm mind blissey. And choice items are banned (after the first round..i dont see why its not just banned period, if you cant change your poke, then your choice item poke is disqualified in the second round)

Try making some interesting sets without using focus sash. Mine is:

(shotgun this set)
Jolteon @petaya berry
nature: timid
Move 1) Thunderbolt
Move 2) Hidden Power [ice]
Move 3) Shadow Ball
Move 4) Substitute
EVs: 252 Speed/252 Spec. Atk./4 HP

It pretty much rapes the entire tournament, since choice items are banned (only electrode and ninjask are faster, and neither can do crap to jolteon)

Pretty much, you can either rape whatever comes in with blinding speed, or sub down to: Block status (sleep)/activate petaya to ensure an OHKO. (its needed for things like gengar, whom shadow ball otherwise wouldnt OHKO)

Its only problem could be calm mind cresselia, since that just sets up on me and then kills me (yea, petaya's gonna make up for 6 calm minds, not a chance...) Although i could sub up while he sets up and wait for some lucky crit hax. Then i'd probably win. But like i said earlier, who's gonna use cress? its so easily countered by, say, heracross, and then you would automatically lose, which is pretty stupid...(looking for excuses to get other people not to use him ;p although i raise a good point)

Yanmega, who is the only other "faster" poke, just requires prediction to kill. If he protects, sub. If he hypnosis's, sub. If he attacks, OHKO with tbolt. Bug buzz wont even ohko thanks to jolteon's natural bulk on the special side, so im sure there's some room for error.

edit: and aero, i dont see a problem with using those rules as our own rules. Because honestly, its not gonna be fun if every guy is sahsed. Every battle, its just "oh, he survived cause of focus sash..yay, how original ;/"
I think those are good guidelines, at least. although i really just dont wanna give up my jolteon set..he's so cool.

edit..again: dunno how i would fare against special tanks, asuming they have no SE attacks ill just hack away until they die or petaya activates..and then they'll die. But my point remains valid on walls, so i think..i hope..that ill be ok.

Without being against the rules,i would choose:

Celebi@Leftovers
Leech Seed
Recover
Psychic
HP bug

Yanmega@Life Orb
Hypnosis
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
HP Ground

Reigsteel@Leftovers
Counter
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch

One of those three...Yanmega is a fast hypnosis,Celebi will Drain life like there's no tomorrow,Registeel is damn sturdy and shuts down pratically any physical attack with Counter

And the above Jolteon does nothing against Registeel and will fail against Lanturn too.

Face it:in 1vs1,anything will be counteable.

Without being against the rules,i would choose:

Celebi@Leftovers
Leech Seed
Recover
Psychic
HP bug

Yanmega@Life Orb
Hypnosis
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
HP Ground

Reigsteel@Leftovers
Counter
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch

One of those three...Yanmega is a fast hypnosis,Celebi will Drain life like there's no tomorrow,Registeel is damn sturdy and shuts down pratically any physical attack with Counter

And the above Jolteon does nothing against Registeel and will fail against Lanturn too.

Face it:in 1vs1,anything will be counteable.
I recognize that i cant do much to registeel, but ill be laughing when you meet a strong fighting type user. Also, lanturn cant do much of anything back to me. If its as bulky as possible, which is needed so i dont take too big a chunk off of his health, he doesnt even 2hko me. then, he's even nice enough to activate petaya after failing to 2hko me, after i've already hit him twice. He could probably be handled.

Nobody's perfect =/ maybe ill use a gallade...hmm...

I recognize that i cant do much to registeel, but ill be laughing when you meet a strong fighting type user. Also, lanturn cant do much of anything back to me. If its as bulky as possible, which is needed so i dont take too big a chunk off of his health, he doesnt even 2hko me. then, he's even nice enough to activate petaya after failing to 2hko me, after i've already hit him twice. He could probably be handled.

Nobody's perfect =/ maybe ill use a gallade...hmm...
I've tested Regi once...and it resisted a Close Combat from a Heracross(and a Flare Blitz from a Life Orb Arcanine),and Counter pwned them...and it was a 0HP/128defense EVs.That's something i call "awesome",and without Choice Band...:naughty:(ok,it has a chance of a KO...but if you give more EVS a put that berry that makes fire neutral...but nothing is pefect,and Breloom will laugh at my Registeel)

And Lanturn absorbs your Thunderbolt and resits the HP Ice,leaving you only with Shadow Ball to attack.But it's still good.

Another one:Aerodactyl.Can attack hard and fast

And Bonzong?He's awesome at 1vs1

I've tested Regi once...and it resisted a Close Combat from a Heracross(and a Flare Blitz from a Life Orb Arcanine),and Counter pwned them...and it was a 0HP/128defense EVs.That's something i call "awesome",and without Choice Band...:naughty:(ok,it has a chance of a KO...but if you give more EVS a put that berry that makes fire neutral...but nothing is pefect,and Breloom will laugh at my Registeel)

And Lanturn absorbs your Thunderbolt and resits the HP Ice,leaving you only with Shadow Ball to attack.But it's still good.

Another one:Aerodactyl.Can attack hard and fast

And Bonzong?He's awesome at 1vs1
Thats astonishing ._. Im fairly certain he (registeel) would rape, then.

I dunno about aero, he wouldnt get alot of power if choice band is banned =/ (no rhyme intended) Ill probably check out some damage calcs soon. I'd imagine things like bronzong and crobat as annoyers would be oh so very fun =)

Pory Z @ Petaya/Lum Berry
Adaptability
Modest/Timid
252 SAtk/252 Spd
-Hyper Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Who cares...but Ice Beam
-Who cares... TBolt

Since he kills Blissey with Adaptibility Hyper Beam...why nto use him to annihilate everything? Dark Pulse for ghosts, and the nature probably Modest for some more power.

Now, with Pory Z's rather sad defenses, maybe you go Modest with 252 HP/128 SDef/132 Def and just say Hyper Beam will KO, and you plan to survive. But his speed isn't too bad, so maybe you go timid with 252/252 Spd/SAtk.

I would have to run some calcs, but I am way too lazy. I was realyl surprised to see that nobody had suggested this when Focus Sash is nto allowed and after a Protect you can still Hyper Beam again w/o recharge.

Pory Z @ Petaya/Lum Berry
Adaptability
Modest/Timid
252 SAtk/252 Spd
-Hyper Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Who cares...but Ice Beam
-Who cares... TBolt

Since he kills Blissey with Adaptibility Hyper Beam...why nto use him to annihilate everything? Dark Pulse for ghosts, and the nature probably Modest for some more power.

Now, with Pory Z's rather sad defenses, maybe you go Modest with 252 HP/128 SDef/132 Def and just say Hyper Beam will KO, and you plan to survive. But his speed isn't too bad, so maybe you go timid with 252/252 Spd/SAtk.

I would have to run some calcs, but I am way too lazy. I was realyl surprised to see that nobody had suggested this when Focus Sash is nto allowed and after a Protect you can still Hyper Beam again w/o recharge.
that set would be walled by anything with a quick sub, who would then abuse your recharge, or anything faster thats moderately powerful, with a good stab on it..pory-z isnt too tankish =/

What about a slight modification of that set...something like:

Porygon Z @ Lum Berry
Download
Naive
252 SAtk/252 Spd
-Hyper Beam
-Giga Impact
-Dark Pulse
-IB/Tbolt?

Downloaded Giga Impacts can be painful even off 0 Attack (although maybe some EV re-allocation would be good here?) Since one of your Attack stats is always going to be boosted, and worrying about recharge doesn't matter when you're going for the OHKO...

There are very few things that aren't OHKO'd by a max Sp. Atk downloaded Hyper Beam (you need either resistance or insane special defense).

One item that might make or break such 1v1 tourneys would be quick claw. Dont want to elaborate but just think about what it can do for certain slow guys who get lucky.

It has been mentioned before but what i would do is the standard Breloom with poison heal. Spore, Subtitute, SeedBomb, FocusPunch. However dont use any attack boosting nature but focus abit more into defence so it can survive the first attack then spore the enemy. Then always get a substitute up. Den hit away. Even those podgeys with Celebi who resist all your moves will have to die sooner or later.
And maybe use Spore every 2-3 turns even if they are still not yet awake incase they do wake up.

I will say................. well probably some variation of Aggron with Focus sash and Metal Burst... or FEAR Rattata... until I see Hippowdon/Tyranitar/Abomasnow..... which when you think about it not many people would choose for somthin like this or any ghost would F me over... I suppose I could use a FEAR Swinub which does the same thing only with Ice Shard but still Endeavour is still normal type...hmm scrappy+FEAR=win?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)