Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I didn't like it at first because it seemed extremely heavy-handed (It's only acceptable for bunnies to call bunnies bunnies? so obvious n word parallel) but as it went on it was really good. The mystery was really good and I'm glad it wasn't spoiled for me. I think it had a big advantage by being Disney and "selectively predictable" in that it's a kid's movie, so there are many cliches that are just expected and they could really keep you guessing by messing around with which cliches they were gonna subvert and which they are gonna play straight.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
also it was funny near the climax when Judy was driving back into the city because the trees and road looked extremely real. But then I thought it was kinda funny because usually we complain about CG in live action movies and this was like something real in a CG movie
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
respond to me
Ununhexium
Ununhexium
Tbh I didn't really suspect the assistant mayor at all

Also I felt bad for the mayor because he was really just trying to do the right thing but went about it the wrong way and got in trouble even though it ended up all being a setup

Also I loved Nick's hustle with the giant popsicle that was hilarious
Ununhexium
Ununhexium
Also was it just me who thought that it was rabies making the animals go crazy because I mean the panther got it when the otter attacked him and stuff
Ununhexium
Ununhexium
I can't remember any of their names D:
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I thought it was rabies too but I guess the whole point was that it couldn't be anything natural, in other words it had to be part of someone's plan

and yes I liked what happened with the Mayor because like I said earlier, it was playing around with your expectations of cliches. Who expected a female nerd sheep villain lol, we were all expecting her to go down the character development route where she learns to have self-esteem and stand up for herself or somethin

the only names i remember are Walter and Jesse LOL
Aragorn the King
Aragorn the King
nice read guys :P

I agree w/ everything you said. I knew it was gonna be the assistant mayor as soon as I saw the jesse/walter part?

Has either of you seen Hoodwinked? The twist in this reminded me of that a ton –– innocent cute animal turns out to be the evil mastermind behind everything.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Yeah I kinda agree with you there Aragorn, there was no way they were just going to introduce a new character at the climax of the movie and have him be the evil mastermind. That would be some bullcrap lol.

Kind of like in The Wolverine when it seemed like Viper was gonna be the villain and you're like what lol how can she be the villain and then it turns out Yashida is still alive (sorry did I spoil anything)

and yeah I saw Hoodwinked but I don't remember any of it except the song about being prepared
Aragorn the King
Aragorn the King
I've never seen Wolverine and might eventually, but it's been out long enough that spoilers are kinda inevitable.

is that the goat song?
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
yes

nice lag btw
Aragorn the King
Aragorn the King
Ugh my internet died (as happens so often) :'(
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I thought you were gonna bring up a lot more stuff to discuss :[[[
Aragorn the King
Aragorn the King
I thought the Mr. Big scenes were REALLY hilarious. Also, it was funny/cool how Judy chasing that thief in the beginning a) saved her from being frozen, thanks to her saving mr. big's daughter from the donut, and b) foreshadowed how the animals were going crazy (the pellets the thief stole)
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
oh yeah Mr. Big lol

I wonder why his daughter was only dancing with him like where was her husband she just got married and plowed instantly as well btw

and are all animals Catholic, cuz like the polar bear did the sign of the cross (yeah I know it's a reference to The Godfather) and like they used a lot of phrases like "Oh my God" "honest to God" etc. which is actually unusual for a Disney movie, they had to have done it on purpose.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
btw was it just me or do you think they should not have put the Sloths scene in the trailer?

reason being is that the scene is obviously by nature extremely slow paced and that can be hard to pull off, especially in a comedy movie. But it was actually legitimately funny which was an achievement. But by putting it in the trailer it becomes a REAL test of patience because you're watching the scene and knowing that is gonna happen in it which can hard especially as comedy usually relies on not knowing the joke ahead of time. What do you guys think.
Ununhexium
Ununhexium
I'm indifferent
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
f u unun