kumiko
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Rem is waiting for you

what is a rem though, I doubt it's about the band in this context
    When are you about to play for VGC tour? I'm GMT, weekday nights are likely best for me, but I can be somewhat flexible.
    kumiko
    kumiko
    I can't do Monday/Tuesday most likely but should be alright Wednesday/Thursday. I'm GMT-5
    Charlotte
    Charlotte
    Alright, is Wednesday 9pm est good for you?
    kumiko
    kumiko
    ye
    hi when do you want to play for ltpl? im gmt +1, weekend usually works
    amber lamps
    amber lamps
    sry, ive been having issues and i expect i can play only from 7 pm onwards my time if it still works
    kumiko
    kumiko
    i swore i specified EST in my first VM. gonna go out for like an hour but if you're still gonna be here then i'll be ready
    amber lamps
    amber lamps
    ok my bad, im on smogtours right now, can be there until 2 more hours i think.
    yo can we get council thoughts on the other things you guys mentioned on the Council Watchlist? I liked the announcement for the watchlist on the first time, but could there be an explanation on why Lando-I over the others (is it just a unanimous vote to quickban something, or is there more to the process of quickbanning)?

outside of those mons, i was also curious what your guys' thoughts are on lele.
    p2
    really, my main problem with phero is that its too fucking fast, you're extremely limited in ways to properly punish it, because scarf simply outspeeds and nukes offense with almost no way to properly punish it, you can't rely on priority because of lele being so common, and even then it narrowly avoids being ohko'd by common priority that isn't pinsirs. like i'm pretty sure its fair to say it near invalidates offense because the actual counterplay for it is super limited. there's no way to reliably shut it down unlike say genesect, because it's actually outsped by scarfers at +1 and it need a turn to boost, while phero just gets a nice bs boost by slamming something with hjk a couple of times. i don't think comparing the 2 is fair because of that, it's much easier to keep gene in check than phero is. like, you can't even rely on weather to offensively pressure phero like you could against say zardx, because it outspeeds all relevant weather sweepers too. and just to re-iterate one of my points - priority isn't something you can just rely on like you could last gen purely because lele is such a dominant force.

i think you guys have done a good job of the tier so far fwiw, but it's just this last little thing which really holds it back from being a really enjoyable tier!
    CrashinBoomBang
    CrashinBoomBang
    don't wanna respond to this in detail right now (thought about making a post in the metagame thread one of those days tho!) but like i've run nothing but bulky offense since the start of this gen and both playing and watching hundreds of games ever since aegi got banned just showed me personally that pheromosa isn't a problem. like idk if everyone just sucks that much or what but if it had been an issue in actual practice even once for a team that puts even a modicum of preparation towards beating it and i actually saw it happen, then maybe i'd change my opinion. most of the things i listed obviously aren't counters, offense is never going to have rock solid counters to a mon with 137 137 offensive stats, but i definitely feel like there's tons of valid counterplay after playing with offense this much lol, yea on paper stuff like buzzwole obviously isn't a good check but there's tons of situations where, in practice, it really is. am also aware of hidden powers going around, but considering that they're literally for one mon each (not like hp elec/ground even scratches toxapex without specs and thats the easiest thing to pivot around ever). like if all i was doing was theorymon i'd understand it but considering that it's literally all practical statements from playing against it countless times, it just hasn't been an issue at all. and trust me, i wholeheartedly did believe that it was gonna be broken without aegi, but it just hasn't been the case to me at all.
    CrashinBoomBang
    CrashinBoomBang
    like i said, my opinion doesn't exactly reflect the opinion of the remaining council (if anything most of them disagree), and I just can't say pheromosa has even giving me close to a reason to make me feel like it's broken so far.

welp guess this was longer than i thought it'd be but yea just some of my random thoughts, will gladly take a longer conversation to some kind of metagame thread later this week though.
    wait how the fuck

:D?

how long have u been fucking ou leader you shithead
    kumiko
    kumiko
    it looked even better when i had tutor ;_;
    Laga
    Laga
    feelsbadman :[

damn i didn't know you'd been running things so long man. I've been basically completely gone since my below average spl run last year xD
    antemortem
    antemortem
    get tutor back
    MANNAT
    MANNAT
    I meant that mons like latios autoset to 30 ivs in teambuilder but ash autosets to 31/0/31/31/31/31 with no moves so the precedent indicates that other Hidden Powers should work just fine, and PS says HP elec is fine for OU, but I'll remove mentions of it to avoid conflict
    kumiko
    kumiko
    it didn't autoset because PS only brings up IVs when you select a specified HP type but PS did used to / does on smogtours restrict the use of Ash Greninja without those specified IVs.
    MANNAT
    MANNAT
    I removed mentions of hp and ill just put in oo that u can only use hp ghost, which is redundant with dpulse
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…