Gary
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Okkkk so Greninja dropping is probably going to piss off a lot of people but let me try to explain this as best as I possibly can because I was also on the fence with it myself. Basically, we felt that while Greninja is a very threatening Pokemon in the current metagame, it feels out of place with the other titans that reside in S rank that are basically centralizing the tier by themselves.
    We felt like its defensive/offensive capabilities didn't really compare to what powerhouses that are in S atm, all of which are extreme centralizing forces. Celesteela is top A+ for sure though, it's just not fitting with the current Pokemon in S atm.
    To tell you the truth most of the ranking team has such little experience with the mon that we have a hard time properly ranking it
    It's still a niche mon, but it's one of the more solid niche Pokemon in the lower ranks so we felt like it deserved a bump because it's better than practically all of the Pokemon in B-.
    Gary
    Gary
    If you kys right now I will actually shed tears of joy for hours.
    Weavile was always one of the weaker mons in B+ because its niche as a fast attacker is not nearly as useful as last gen because it's Speed tier is no longer as significant, and as a strong offensive Ice type Mamo has given it some competition. Now with Mawile being released, there's even less of a reason to use it because it's just another major threat that can come in on Knock Off and force it out.
    Finchinator
    Finchinator
    We felt it's not really a whole rank better than Mamo but it made less sense to move Mamo up than to just move Weavile down.
    Why did weavile drop
    Gary
    Gary
    Weavile was always one of the weaker mons in B+ because its niche as a fast attacker is not nearly as useful as last gen because it's Speed tier is no longer as significant, and as a strong offensive Ice type Mamo has given it some competition. Now with Mawile being released, there's even less of a reason to use it because it's just another major threat that can come in on Knock Off and force it out.
    Gary
    Gary
    We felt it's not really a whole rank better than Mamo but it made less sense to move Mamo up than to just move Weavile down.
    Why did mimikyu move up? It's already moved up recently, so what has changed for it that caused it to move up from a niche mon to a decent mon?
    Gary
    Gary
    It's still a niche mon, but it's one of the more solid niche Pokemon in the lower ranks so we felt like it deserved a bump because it's better than practically all of the Pokemon in B-.
    I hope I am not bothering you with this question, but has a consensus been reached on Thundurus-T? I know the ranking team is quite busy with keeping everything in check, so I do greatly appreciate the effort you and the team have been putting in. Keep up the great work.
    Gary
    Gary
    To tell you the truth most of the ranking team has such little experience with the mon that we have a hard time properly ranking it
    Kyuzeth
    Kyuzeth
    Alright, that explains it. Thank you kindly!
    Whats the reasoning for Celesteela not moving to S?
    Gary
    Gary
    We felt like its defensive/offensive capabilities didn't really compare to what powerhouses that are in S atm, all of which are extreme centralizing forces. Celesteela is top A+ for sure though, it's just not fitting with the current Pokemon in S atm.
    Funbot28
    hmm i guess for now its ok, but I hope you guy sconsider it later on in the meta, especially upon how its performing in SPL atm
    why cant he just be a good little autistic boy that works at walmart and is nice as fuck
    dk
    dk
    why cant he just be a good little autistic boy that works at walmart and is nice as fuck
    Just asking about Jellicent and Gastrodon's raises, curious to know their stories
    Gary
    Gary
    Both check some pretty relevant Pokemon and have good synergy on balance builds. SpD Gastro can check both Gren decently well and completely walls Koko (GK is very uncommon). Also checks Nihilego, Zone, Magearna, etc. Just has some cool utility.
    Gary
    Gary
    Jellicent checks Mega Meta, Lando-T, Chomper, non Energy Ball Manaphy, Keldeo, and completely walls Pheromosa, which is really big. It's also a decent stallbreaker with Taunt and Wisp + Hex is really annoying for bulkier teams in general.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…