Toast++
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I have XD too. I really should get back to playing it. I restarted it just so I could soft reset for a togepi too, but then I got distracted by mucho RNG on my many SID RNGed game files, lol.
    I'm using a DS lite. My flash cart is an M3 DS. I figure the M3 DS has an especially big lag between actual game start because there's a pause where the game loads after you press on the game choice in the menu.

Cloning is possible on my retail game because of the AR DSi which can be updated now to include codes for Black and White.
    I tested the timer on the flash cart. Interestingly, the delay adjustment on the flash cart (-485) was significant compared to retail (-92), but I got my hasty Reshiram at last with relatively little work. The seconds stayed on target and I didn't have to adjust the DS minutes at all, so this is very good news for people searching for possible IVs based on level 50 stats. :-)

Edit: I can send you over the Resh as a gift if you want.
    I think (hope) the next RNG Reporter will verify seeds of pokemon that are level 50 and up using stats instead of IVs, because then at least anyone can more easily do a legendary catch or catches of pokes in the level 50 range. Right now, it's a pain in the butt estimating the IVs based on stats. I had to do that for my Reshiram catch on my flash cart, which still can't seem to use AR codes on gen 5.

I'm not sure what else. :-( I'll have to think about it, but you really did a big service to everyone when you made the timer.
    You're welcome. It was very worth doing. I've already updated this post to help people starting Gen 5 C-gear seeds.
    I think the screenshots make it much more easy for someone to work with. You're going to see questions from noobs no matter what you do, because everything is just too new for them, but anyone patient enough to sit still and really look will understand how what they see in your post relates to the RNG project they are working on. I think it's fine. I'm going to write up a noob guide for it anyhow.
    I think anyone who seriously wants to RNG the same seed is going to make their own stored files. I use screen shots that show the RNG reporter settings along with the timer settings. So I don't think you need to worry about adding any stored files.

I used a blue lens while watching the color timer to approximate a loss of red. The hot pink flashes become a fairly bright blue, so I think you're good to go with the color you have.

I don't think the beeps are a big worry either. I'll just add a note in my review that counting down in the head is a very good idea. We should do that anyway.
    I think people should use it, definitely. It's got everything. Seriously. You don't need emloop or anything else if you've got this. :-)

Yeah, I could see blue being less than visible to a person with the full color spectrum and like I mentioned, I think most people who are color blind are going to opt for a sound cue.

I still get the occasional missed beep, btw, but since I also count down in my head, it never screws me up. I'll leave a review of the timer on the thread in projects tomorrow and also add to my noobs post to direct people to the timer.
    I caught a pokemon on the right delay and not one sign of hopping seconds, so yeah, thanks very much for this super awesome timer.

Would you like me to put a positive review of it on your thread in projects? And also on my thread, of course.
    I'm not sure about the pink. Here's a web page that puts it in perspective. Do a search on the word pink. Anything that may turn greenish on a grey background might be a problem due to fading. Chances are, a color blind person would continue using the beeps, but I think the fact that the numbers take on a different brightness will be noticeable to anyone who can't see pink.
    Hi, sorry. I got booted from the computer for a while. I'm going to test the timer some more. Visual mode is flashing hot pink on both the first and second timers, not blue.
    It's looking really really good. !!!! I'm very excited. I haven't had a single hopping second in ten tries. :D
    So far, it's got the target second dead on without having to adjust the DS clock up or down. Instead of having to adjust the delay due an adjacent being higher, I've found I had to adjust due to the first adjacent being lower, which is a big difference compared to the gen 4 timer and probably for the better. I've landed near my delay, but I'm still adjusting a bit so I don't swing past it. I'm hoping like crazy the hopping seconds will never appear again, but so far, I really really really like this new c-gear timer. :D
    Yo, Toast, do you think it's possible to post in my thread confirming I have rights on the Licktiung you bred? I figure it's best to use a post as verification than our convo.
    What you do is take an actually sid/ot that the PID might give you, then plug that into PokeRNGDP.exe and generate high IV spreads to see what you might get. I usually do three generations. All high except attack. All high except SpAtt. All high except Spe.

Edit: Sorry for the delay responding. I was writing a PM to you about the C-gear timer.
    I think red should be avoided because it is a color that some people can't see. Blue would be better, I think.

Interesting about the small delay causing a full second hop.
    Visual mode is a really good addition. I like it a lot.

Yeah, the other stuff was FYI. Until I test the c-gear timer when it has an update-able delay, I won't be able to tell you anything further on how well it works for RNG.

The one delay off was with the usual Gen 4 timer while doing a Gen 5 RNG. On Gen 5, odd and even delays are both possible, therefore being one delay off from target can happen. I still haven't discovered the reason for the hopping seconds that I experience in Gen 5.
    Just a slight update! I had the 2.01 beta, but it looks like the 2.02 beta is out now :D

haha, you're thinking of FF11 XD That one is online. FF12 is just a regular one. I played the demo that came with DQ8 a few years ago and wasn't that impressed, but now that I own the actual game I quite enjoy it.
    Well, when they said "Woo, America!" they forgot to add "except for middle Tennessee." If I ever move back, it would be to someplace much further north.

I've downloaded your timer :D I saw it a while ago and grabbed, since my results have been a little inconsistent with PikaTimer. During my first session, I was still figuring it out but getting pretty close. During the next two, I was always way off. I was going to try yours, but have allocating my daily video game time to FFXII :X
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…