Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I figured out why much of the USA is so hot right now ...

Just look at the GTS, there are a TON of Drought Vulpixes out and about. And I'm partially responsible; I've been breeding them and giving them away for months. Sorry everybody! :)

Here in southern Minnesota, relief from the heat wave begins in about 2-3 hours, and it's not predicted to get so hot again any time soon. Best wishes to everyone else who has had to deal with the excessive heat and humidity.
    Wow, I messed up and sent someone a short message over the PS3 that accidentally sounded really mean and dumb, and now my thoughts are spiraling out of control again. I guess somehow I've really got to learn to not let this stuff bother me so much, both when I've wronged someone and when I feel I've been wronged.
    Yeah, I decided I'll try to stop whining about the thing I consider to be a problem here :rolleyes: If anyone actually cares to listen to my opinion I think I've made my point as well as I can, and I've already given people ample just cause to ban me if they want to do that lol, so you know, stop whining you slowbro.

It's still too stressful for me to hang around here though so I doubt I'll start posting again.

I have seen plenty of evidence that many people have tried in many ways to make this an awesome place. Besides, with some really neat people like Hipmonlee around here, I bet this place isn't as bad as I make it out to be.
    Thank you! You just missed my avatar change a couple days ago. (it was a Pikachu in front of an American flag looking independent)
    I found a bit of Play With a Flying Pokemon (Dream World) strategy today :)

Well, there are some cases where there are two water orbs on the bottom row with a cloud in between, where I choose to just pass right through the cloud rather than avoid it. If I head all the way to the right side of the screen, I don't have to stay inside the cloud as long.
    I haven't been thinking much about this message board, but when I do it still really bugs me that this place teaches young people that it's okay to be an ass to people who do something stupid.

I found out that very very few staff members here have a listed age over 30, and the majority are under 25, which probably helps explain why this place is so immature in that way.

(I am only talking about things that happen in that one forum, mostly what happens to bad threads there. I have seen nothing untowards happen anywhere else on the site, but that forum reflects badly on the whole site in my eyes.)

What would be the harm in having a safe place for new users to post about general things.

Just as I will never redeem myself in the eyes of some people here, this place will likely never redeem itself in my eyes. I'm sure neither one of us is very interested in doing so though. To redeem itself would require some change in A Forum.
    Just in case there's like one other person in the world who enjoys trying to improve their Dream World high scores here are mine :)

Find the missing Pokemon! 52500
    Let's play with a Flying Pokemon! 63500 edit: 63900 :)
    Pile ice cream! 28621 edit: 29163 :)
    Play with Wailord. 115508

I thought I might've improved one today but I was wrong. Dream World works at different speeds on different computers so I may have an unfair advantage or disadvantage in some of them.
    I have been thinking a bit about the second-roughest place I have ever spent time on the Internet, a fantasy sports site where I hung out in summer 2002. I did something there that made a few people go from making fun of me to actually hating me. Maybe I'll post about that a bit :) (here of course, not in a new thread, lol). (The roughest is the one forum here of course.)

It is funny to me that some people here can't see the downside to being rich. I've heard stories of people who won the lottery who, among other things, had to permanently leave their hometown. And there'd be a loss of anonymity and simplicity, and people would be jealous of you ... well maybe to some people these would be positives I guess.

If I get banned for saying this, well, I wouldn't be proud of it but I also wouldn't be at all ashamed. Getting banned somewhere would never be a reason to be ashamed. If you did something horrible maybe (stupid =/= horrible), but just the getting banned itself no.
    I will turn 34 by the end of the summer, so I am already over a third of the way to 100 :( I definitely won't live to be 100 since I don't take that good of care of myself.

It seems like maybe this place tries to teach young people that it's okay to be an asshole if you're smart :( and that it's okay to hurt people dumber than you.

If I were to get banned for saying something like that then I would be proud I was banned. Getting banned from a place is not at all the end of the world. It could even be a good thing. But in truth I have seen a lot of evidence that Smogon forums does not ban people simply for speaking their minds, so I'm pretty sure I won't get banned for saying that.

There are many many many hard-working dumb people. I am dumb but not hard-working myself though.

Every time I come here I have to brace myself for the possibility I might be banned :S
    Yeah, Slowbro's boss. And you did something that bad that I can't defend you? (I would still defend you 'cause I know you're a good guy. ;) kaonohiokala is boss too. He gave me half of my team that I entered in today's tournament! (not to mention he helped me with the movesets, figured out the EVs, and thought of the remainder of my PKMN)
    Eek, when I'm here I probably sound like I think I'm some sort of a saint or something. Trust me, I ain't no saint! I've been playing Saints Row 2 the one way I enjoy playing sandbox games ... completing no missions, just running around beating people up and generally being a bad citizen.

The reason I sound that way when I'm here is because I started out with an absolutely horrible experience. It'll forever color the way I think of this place.

(Oh yeah, today I brought a Nuzleaf all the way to level 37 trying to get it to evolve before I realized my mistake, lol.)
    We all just try to do the best we can, true both of me and of the people who dislike me; we just choose different ways to try to do this. I just stole my dad's wisdom :)

(I figured out something wrong with my post two posts ago ... being slow would be bad in most kinds of manual labor.)
    Joe Mauer is back! (I'm a Twins fan)

I found out through hearsay that someone posted about me 0_0 :)

It has become clear that either I get on some people's nerves, or at least some people are aware that I am a bad member here (and yes I am, even though I wish it weren't true). If I get on your nerves then feel free to post anything you want about me :D (providing it won't get you in trouble), I won't see it, or maybe the next time you face a Slowbro online come down on it like a ton of bricks. (And by the way, if you see people post about me please don't defend me; that would be unpopular and in general bad I think.)

I wouldn't mind too much if I became a small-time urban anti-hero here, lol, but it would be better yet if everyone just forgot me. Well everyone who knows about me that is; obviously most people here don't know I exist :)

(Posting this many times here in a day is taxing for me, lol. My head's gonna hurt tonight when I try to sleep. Partially due to caffeine.)
    It sure took me a long time to hatch a female Dream World-ability Lileep just now!

I would definitely be more suited to manual labor than to any intellectual job. I like slow, simple tasks during which I can think about other things ...

"Hey, I should start a thread about this!!" :P
    (Of course I really shouldn't and I won't; I'm just being silly.)

(sudden subject change) I will never try to get myself banned anywhere. But if I am banned here it won't hurt anything. Well the only reason it would be bad is because Shiny Mew2 doesn't want me to be banned :) Oh yeah, and it might seem weird to some people if Slowbro joined the Ubers.

Hatching female DW-ability Vulpixes is much much less time-consuming than hatching female DW-ability Lileeps (or Eevees).
    Speaking of which, I'm posting another trade now. If you don't believe me, ask kaonohiokala on my friend list.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…