CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 13 (Pokedex Entry discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The smoke from Pyroak's flames are said to have soothing properties. However, it’s been known to occasionally induce odd behaviours in Pokémon and humans alike."

My take on improving X's entires. Poll for pokedex entires will be made in some time, despite the fact I think it's not required at this time lol

Poll for pokedex entires will be made in some time, despite the fact I think it's not required at this time lol
Well, it needs to be done before we start the next CAP project or it likely won't get done at all, and it is part of the project.

As for names for the pre-evos that keep in tune with "Pyroak":
Stage 1: Embirch (Ember + Birch)
Stage 2: Flamaple (Flame/Flare + Maple)
Stage 3: Pyroak (Pyre + Oak)

For weight, I'd say just third it. So if Pyroak ends up at ~360 pounds, "Flamaple" would be 120 pounds, and "Embirch" would be 40 pounds.

Well, it needs to be done before we start the next CAP project or it likely won't get done at all, and it is part of the project.
Crap....well let me grab ten random entries and set up a poll. Setting it up so you vote for three options (one for each game's pokedex entry) and have the top three been the winners. Easy as that.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Embirch=Fire Type
Flamaple=Fire/Grass Type (Could also be where you could get Sweet Scent, some prevo's have exclusive moves not technically in the movesets of the fully evolved forms.)

Have to say I'm loving Dane's name suggestions --- are we going to have a poll for prevo names? I think I asked this before but no one answered.

Be careful of any of the dex entries that refer to "young Pyroak." That would have to be changed to either the pre-evo's dex entry or use the pre-evo's name in Pyroak's entry.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why would we bother with sprites? Are NFE Pokemon even programmed into Shoddy?
I don't see why not. Little Cup is a metagame too that CAP NFEs can work in. It'd definitely increase our understanding of the Little Cup metagame if we do this, and therefore get more people to play it.

Be careful of any of the dex entries that refer to "young Pyroak." That would have to be changed to either the pre-evo's dex entry or use the pre-evo's name in Pyroak's entry.
"Young Pyroak" could easily just mean newly evolved, rather than newly born. As long as they don't specifically say born, it's all good.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Dane said:
Why would we bother with sprites? Are NFE Pokemon even programmed into Shoddy?
I don't see why not. Little Cup is a metagame too that CAP NFEs can work in. It'd definitely increase our understanding of the Little Cup metagame if we do this, and therefore get more people to play it.
As is UU, these pre-evos could be competitive there.

My advice is to get the names done and move onto the next CaP and come back to the pre-evos at some later stage rather then rushing them through so we can get started on the next one.

And Dane's names are great.

Dane's names rule!

However if anyone's particularly keen on Blind Seraph's suggestion, you could have:

Emboak
Flamoak
Pyroak

or

Pyrelm
Pyrash
Pyroak

It makes sense to have the mid stage evolution have sweet scent, adolescence is when you discover the delights of spliffage!

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hehe... this thing is filled with marijuana jokes. Seriously, its getting a bit old. Add sweet scent and be done with it.

tennisace

You could make the second evo pure fire, that would make it differ. OR you could make it fire grass with LESS ARMOR, making it faster than Pyroak but with weaker defenses, a lesser movepool, and MAYBE a little higher spA. I was thinking 80/50/80/100/80/90=380

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I didn't think NFE Pokemon were allowed in UU unless they were vastly different from their FE version (ala Scyther and Scizor).
there is a thread in stark about it right now, it looks like NFEs will be allowed into UU (bar a few like Chancey, Haunter, Kadabra, Hippotas and Snover).
You could make the second evo pure fire, that would make it differ. OR you could make it fire grass with LESS ARMOR, making it faster than Pyroak but with weaker defenses, a lesser movepool, and MAYBE a little higher spA. I was thinking 80/50/80/100/80/90=380
This is an interesting idea, I like it and see that it could work.
But lets not delay this CaP with perfecting the pre-evos, we should plan to return to them at a later date.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
After we get the pokedex entry settled, GT needs to create a "CAP 3 - Closing Comments" thread. The discussion on pre-evos can be resumed in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)