CAP 4 CAP 4 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concept: Four moveslots syndrome/Mew in OU
Description: A well-rounded Pokemon with an absurdly diverse movepool, allowing it to rely on surprise factor to do whatever it wants. It is, quite obviously, hindered only by its moveslot limit (And whatever else we put on it if we deem it needs further nerfing, like mediocre stats or a related trait. )

Concept: "Its a Critical Hit!"

Description: How many times has this ruined your chance at victory or secured a victory for you? Hax abuse and hax nullifier should be the next CaP This Poke should be able to use a wide variety of high critical hit ratio moves (such as Night Slash and Stone Edge) and have the opponent just expect to be crit'd. Along with being able to abuse crits, this Poke should also be able to nullify them on your team. One of the most frustrating things in a game is when your opponent gets extremely lucky and there is nothing you can do about it. Well, now there is something you can do about.
This Pokemon would be completely reduntant. If it relied on CritHax to do damage, every team would carry it to counter the people carrying it to Hax everyone up. Then, I thought, why not make the two abilities "Super Luck" and "Battle Armor"? Well, then everyone would carry Battle Armor.
I'm sorry if I come off as rude, but this was really blaring out at me, and no one noticed it. :pirate:

Concept: Four moveslots syndrome/Mew in OU
Description: A well-rounded Pokemon with an absurdly diverse movepool, allowing it to rely on surprise factor to do whatever it wants. It is, quite obviously, hindered only by its moveslot limit (And whatever else we put on it if we deem it needs further nerfing, like mediocre stats or a related trait. )

what like lucario, gengar, infernape, metagross and scylant

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Dont forget Togekiss, Salamence, Garchomp, Dragonite, and the rest of OU/BL. Also half of UU.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
CONCEPT: A good insomniac/something good with Vital Spirit.
DESCRIPTION: This is a really great ability, and to be honest it's gone to waste on things that suck. We need an OU that can switch in on sleep and set up, or just force the thing out. This could be anything from some sort of bulky Psychic or a mixed Primeape-like thing, the possibilities are endless.
Reposting for feedback etc.

Edit: Argh, the rules keep changing...nevermind this either.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The rules state no ability or type dependent concepts. That is an ability dependent concept.

These ideas are not exactly new in the sense that they have not been thought of before. They are, in a way, "recycled" ideas, but ideas which have been given up on despite their amazing potential. I wanted to "revive" them, in a sense.

CONCEPT: New Weather
DESCRIPTION: Well, we didn't get our rain and sun due to brokenness, but that doesn't mean we have to completely give up. Why not make entirely new weather? Making custom weather also has the benefit of bringing Pokémon that aren't commonly seen otherwise into the picture. Pokémon such of the Poison and Electric types come to mind, for example.
This could come in a "trio" like last time, with one of them being the "Weather Clearer" to make sure things don't get too messy. Speaking of which...

CONCEPT: Clear Skies
DESCRIPTION: A Pokémon that can permanently get rid of current weather until new weather is set up. Should be more "otherwise useable" than other weather Pokémon so it is appealing to non-weather teams, and so that weather is not overcentralizing. This Concept could be seen as a part of the preceding Concept.

If these do get any attention, I support putting them off for next CAP so as to organize better --- I actually really like the idea of a Stealth Rocks remover or a "pure defense" Pokémon ( "Missey" ) better for this time around.

P.S., If we don't like Stealth Rocks removing, why not add more rocks of different kinds? Ex., a Fire version of SR, a Water version, etc. They could do the same thing the SR-remover would do as far as diversifying goes, as the poor Fire/Fliers wouldn't be alone anymore in the abuse department. Also, "themed" teams could become more useable and add for more flavour in the metagame. Just a thought. (:

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
P.S., If we don't like Stealth Rocks removing, why not add more rocks of different kinds? Ex., a Fire version of SR, a Water version, etc. They could do the same thing the SR-remover would do as far as diversifying goes, as the poor Fire/Fliers wouldn't be alone anymore in the abuse department. Also, "themed" teams could become more useable and add for more flavour in the metagame. Just a thought. (:
Judgment Rocks. :x

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Concept: Utility-Support Pokemon.
Description: There is a serious lack of Gravity, Rapid Spin, Wish, non Dark weak Trick Room, OU viable Heal Bell / Aromatherapy, Encore, Memento, Non Dark weak Perish Song, Psycho Shift, Safeguard, Magic Coat, Me First, Snatch, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Tailwind and Haze Pokemon in our lovely Metagame. I don't know what type, what stat distribution or even what kind of Pokemon would effectively use all those, but I want to build a utility Pokemon for the useful yet less used utility moves. If I had to narrow the field a bit, I would emphasize Tailwind, Gravity, non Dark weak Trick Room, Rapid Spin, Wish and Encore. The normal utility moves like Reflect and Light Screen go without saying.

Concept: Manaphy Counter
Description: Okay. Just a manaphy counter.

Also seconding True Chomp Counter... More wishers.. And some other things.

what like lucario, gengar, infernape, metagross and scylant
Yes.
One thing I want to say is that the fact that a suggested concept resembling any other existing Pokemon doesn't make it any less viable.
Stop posting that shit unless someone wants a sturdy, physical oriented Pokemon with good defensive typing, resistance or immunity to Ground and access to Spikes and Whirlwind (Skarmory) or something.
[Edit:] I now see I didn't post it on-concept, but that was intended to me my general "fun" idea. I'd personally enjoy building something like Infernape a lot.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'd personally enjoy building something like Infernape a lot.
We all would... which is why we made Syclant. Trust me here, the comminuty has gotten the "Mixed Sweeper", "Defence/Attack Bulk" and then "Grass/Fire Subseed Tank" completly out of their system. We've made something like that already, and it stands to reason people aren't going to be inclined to make them a second time, hence all the support for a true all support Pokemon we're seeing.

I honestly don't think I need to state how many rules Logann's "concept" is breaking.

I think most of the good ideas are already out here, I would suggest (though its not mine to decide) to go ahead and do a poll. I really like the idea of a support/wish/haze/gravity pokemon. The idea almost makes me want to use Doug's server.

Almost.

Concept: Item/Status harasser.
Description: A fairly bulky but offensively weak Pokemon that harasses the opponent through hold item manipulation and status effects.

It would be entirely possible to roll the Anti-Entry Hazards and Utility pokemon concepts into one you know.

However if we're thinking in terms of what the OU metagame Needs to decentralise, Entry Hazards are very much a factor that needs addressing.

Utility/Support pokemon are lacking in OU, given the boost in offensive power this gen, however none of the posters suggesting this concept or supporting it have given evidence of how it would open up the OU metagame for new teams/strategies/pokes.

tennisace

I think most of the good ideas are already out here, I would suggest (though its not mine to decide) to go ahead and do a poll. I really like the idea of a support/wish/haze/gravity pokemon. The idea almost makes me want to use Doug's server.

Almost.
Dude the server is part of the whole project. If you just want to make it and not test it, then don't bother chiming in when the completed testing thread comes around.

Also, I was about to multiquote Logann's post and point out what was wrong with it but Sunday psudo-beat me to it.

Last, The "Ultimate Support" concept could include SkarmBlissCounter's auto-entry hazard remover.

Concept: Item/Status harasser.
Description: A fairly bulky but offensively weak Pokemon that harasses the opponent through hold item manipulation and status effects.
This is my favourite idea so far, mainly because I love tricking items to things that get screwed by them :naughty:
The wish/haze and bulky dragon concepts are also good.

I am for auto-stealth rock removal only, not all hazards. A lot of teams would become useless if Toxic and regular Spikes could be removed. And teams that rely on it to stop Chomp/Boah etc would be screwed.

We all would... which is why we made Syclant. Trust me here, the comminuty has gotten the "Mixed Sweeper", "Defence/Attack Bulk" and then "Grass/Fire Subseed Tank" completly out of their system. We've made something like that already, and it stands to reason people aren't going to be inclined to make them a second time, hence all the support for a true all support Pokemon we're seeing.
Infernape was an example. Sure with the "mixed sweeper", just that this thing is also going to, say, Haze, lay Toxic Spikes, spin them out, or counter Gyarados just as effectively depending on its moveset (and maybe we can tweak it a fitting trait, but that's up to discussion. ) I can't see Scylant doing this.
Just that it will not be as good as/better than the "specialized" Pokemon that do what their stats suggest them to. I see it as a very, very dangerous Baton Passer if it gets the move, but it's still an one trick pony whatever it tries to do - if you counter its first attempt, then its effectiveness is greatly reduced.

Dude the server is part of the whole project. If you just want to make it and not test it, then don't bother chiming in when the completed testing thread comes around.

Sarcasm: I have an account on DJD's Server, I've just been working on my official team and haven't gotten around to making a team on his server. I will eventually, I just haven't finished tweaking my own Shoddy toxistall team.

I know a similar idea was posted, but I wanted express my own ideas on such a pokemon. (I hope you don't mind, Poopazing, I thought of the idea and then saw yours on a previous page).

Concept: Anti-Stat-Upper
Description: Stat boosting moves are a major part of battling these days. I propose a Pokemon that is able to switch in on many other common Pokemon that use stat upping moves, safely get rid of threatening boosts, take even a +1/+2 hit, and/or doing sufficient damage to Pokemon with boosted defenses via specific moves, including its own stat upping or support moves (such as Haze and Psych Up), type resistances/immunities, and ability.

On another note (not part of my actual concept), what if the Pokemon had an ability that either automatically got rid of boosts or nullified them in a fashion similar to Mold Breaker? It could be a potential counter to Pokemon such as Garchomp and Manaphy, which I have seen repeatedly in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)