June Statistics

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
These are shocking statistics for Garchomp.

It not only stays at #1, but now its weighted usage is 4.75%. Compare this to Gengar at #2, which is only 3.80%, or almost a full 1% less, and you'll see how Garchomp is starting to overwhelm the metagame.

I'll post the new OU list shortly. It contains quite a number of surprises...

garchomp's stats aren't shocking if you've been around for a while. nothing has changed. suicune really surprised me considering stall has gone down. with all the bulky sweepers going around i didn't think it would go up in usage.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
They ARE shocking.

Look at how Garchomp's and Gengar's percentages since February:

February: Garchomp 4.17%, Gengar 3.91%. Difference: 0.26%
March: Garchomp 4.11%, Gengar 3.95%. Difference: 0.16%
April: Garchomp 4.18%, Gengar 3.73%. Difference: 0.45%
May: Garchomp 4.34%, Gengar 3.58%. Difference: 0.76%
June: Garchomp 4.75%, Gengar 3.80%. Difference: 0.95%

Garchomp's lead at the top has been extending. It means people are using it more and more and ignoring all the other Pokemon more and more.

Blissey's decrease is surprising. It's funny to see what lots of people used to consider the eternal #1 Pokemon fallen all the way to 8. To me, that more than anything else is a sign of the offensive shift in the metagame (Wish being removed was undoubtedly a contributor as well but 5 spots in the top 10 is a big change). I'd also attribute a big part of Deoxys's increase to the offensive shift simply because Deoxys is so good against a lot of what would normally be effective offensive teams.

Breloom's waning usage is also most likely a side-effect of this - it really needs to be faster than an opponent's Pokemon to be at it's best, but since most offensive teams have only one or two slow Pokemon (and lead Bronzong's frequently hold Lum), it's got very few opportunities to Spore without taking heavy damage.

They ARE shocking.

Look at how Garchomp's and Gengar's percentages since February:

February: Garchomp 4.17%, Gengar 3.91%. Difference: 0.26%
March: Garchomp 4.11%, Gengar 3.95%. Difference: 0.16%
April: Garchomp 4.18%, Gengar 3.73%. Difference: 0.45%
May: Garchomp 4.34%, Gengar 3.58%. Difference: 0.76%
June: Garchomp 4.75%, Gengar 3.80%. Difference: 0.95%

Garchomp's lead at the top has been extending. It means people are using it more and more and ignoring all the other Pokemon more and more.
Not shocking in the least. People are just getting tired of losing to garchomp and swallowing their pride so they can win. It seems that garchomp wasn't overhyped after all.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^TV Boy, I don't think you're seeing x-act's point properly. I'm going to agree with x-act and go ahead and say Garchomp's expanding lead as the #1 pokemon is both shocking and disgusting. Looking at percent differences is IMO is the only way of comparing and that just looking at rank seats is retarded.

Let me put it this way:

Gallade jumped 9 ranks, and this resulted from only increased usage 2500

Blissey who dropped by 5 ranks in the top 10 dropped in usage still by a mere 4000

Garchomp increased in usage by over 7000

Let me put it this way:

Blissey who dropped by 5 ranks in the top 10 dropped in usage still by a mere 4000

Erm yeah, like I said, more and more people are tired of losing to garchomp and sticking it on their team. I didn't misunderstand anything, X-Act is shocked that Garchomps usage has increased so drastically, more than he projected apparently, which is understandable since it jumped .41% from May, while from April to May it only went up .16%. In fact, if we average out the increases in Garchomps uses over the months, and use them to project his usage for July, it comes out to 5.91%! I'm calling it, 5.91% for July.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, I apologize-- maybe you do see the point properly, but you could at least show a little bit more "OMG ZOMG GArchmp is UBeR!!" in that response. No need to be so cool headed over it. ha ha

If "Blissey falls from Glory," is a big story, that "Garchomp's Rain of Terror" should be on the front page this month.

Garchomp domination of the pokemon world will soon come to pass. I anticipate that day with silent glee. In fact by my calculations, garchomp usage will hit 100% by December! MUahaha!

^TV Boy, I don't think you're seeing x-act's point properly. I'm going to agree with x-act and go ahead and say Garchomp's expanding lead as the #1 pokemon is both shocking and disgusting. Looking at percent differences is IMO is the only way of comparing and that just looking at rank seats is retarded.

Let me put it this way:

I call over 9000 this month... lol

But seriously, it's kind of sad and makes me wonder if nintendo either typoed the 102 or were on something =_=;

If we don't find a good "counter" to Garchomp, it will raise usage every month. I found a good revenge killer for Yache Garchomp: Scarf Jynx, which OHKO's it, and with Walls decrease, it can OHKO a lot of OU stuff with Ice Beam, Psychic, HP Ground and Grass Knot. Anyway, there isn't a good counter to #1, and this will be worse every month.

Deoxys will raise more and more this month, and its counters will do as well, so Gallade, Spiritomb, Metagross, Bronzong and Jirachi will raise inmediately, with Magnezone there to trap Bronzong, non-UTurn Jirachi and CBMetagross.

Not too many surprises, if I'm honest. Bar the massive Garchomp increase; I didn't realise just how big it was until I read Chou's stats :(

Personally I'm not all that surprised. We have seen the full scope of Garchomp's abilities, not using him almost seems like a handicap. We saw this to a lesser extent with Blissey in the past. However, without a blissey equivalent in the physical wall department, the metagame has shifted to physical attacking for dealing heavy damage (as witnessed by decline in blissey).

I'm curious as to how Husk's revelation of Team Astral Projection will effect the July stats. From my understanding there is already a large influx of players copying his team, or at least parts of it. We might see an increase of Aerodactyl, Deoxys-S, and Gengar, as well a further decline of Blissey (that is pure speculation though)

Hm. Almost every Pokémon I used last month dropped a couple of places. I hoped for a bigger Mamoswine rise. That thing sweeps worlds, and so far I just couldn't manage to make a team without him. :heart:

I also want you to know that Ledian climbed 12 ranks and I'm doing my best to get him into the top 200.
:justin2:

Wow, I get banned for about 80% of the month and Kingdra falls off of OU. I'm offended.

Originally Posted by Fat Bologo

I disagree with this darkie. Gyarados, Heatran, Celebi and Snorlax should all be going down due to Deoxys-S since he can easily kill them all, but they're going up.
Uh, Deoxys only beats Gyarados out of those three. He can't KO the other 3 and they can kill or cripple him quite easily, so thats a bad point. Your actually proving the converse of what your saying.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Uh, Deoxys only beats Gyarados out of those three. He can't KO the other 3 and they can kill or cripple him quite easily, so thats a bad point. Your actually proving the converse of what your saying.
Remember what people kept on babbling about with Deoxys-S not being able to take many things from 100% to 0%, but being able to take several things from 70% to 0% or 50% to 0%? It does that with ease against Heatran, Snorlax and Celebi. Heatran gets Superpowered and gets about 90% taken off, Snorlax gets Superpowered for about 75% if he's actually supposed to be a bulky "offensive" sweeper (clumping all EVs into HP and Defense doesn't really allow him to be offensive), and Celebi gets hit with Ice Beam for super-effective damage on the special defense that no one seems to raise on it. Yeah, so my point still stands.

I dunno if I was the only one trying Moltres as a my lead in the month of June but it did jump in usage, to #70 in Weighted Usage and #30 in Most Popular Lead.

Weighted Usage
#86 Moltres (2843693 points) (May)
#70 Moltres (4068144 points) (June)

Most Popular Lead
#47 Moltres (1108 leads) (May)
#30 Moltres (1879 leads) (June)

I dunno if I was the only one trying Moltres as a my lead in the month of June but it did jump in usage, to #70 in Weighted Usage and #30 in Most Popular Lead.

Weighted Usage

Most Popular Lead

Now that you bring it up i did notice quite a lot. That Specs Air Slash gets annoying after a while >_>

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not suprised Blissey has dropped places, though the signifcant drop does make you say "Wow". I predicted that Blissey would presumable fall in June, and that's now evident as we can it currently sits in 8th place. Even Bronzong has overtaken Blissey, which admittedely I did not see coming. Tyranitar, Gyarados and Gengar were all estimated (by myself) to outrun Blissey for higher places on the ladder usage, and they have all succeeded. I'm hestiant to say she'll remain in the top 10 for July, but that's surely not possible, right?

Celebi now comfortably rests in the top 10. That's something we would have all disagreed with a few months back, but its utility and ability to counter a numerious ammount of threats sees it rightfully positioned as an OU Pokemon, in the top 10. Possiblity of Celebi overtaking Blissey when we round up this month's statistics in 4 weeks time?

Weighted Usage

Most Popular Lead
I used a Scarf Moltres lead probably every one of my battles during June.

But yes these statistics are interesting, at the very least we're finally seeing people using Deoxys so a convincing argument can be made one way or the other in terms of Deoxys' status in the metagame. Garchomp on the other hand seems to be edging closer and closer to becoming Uber, and with Evasion/Species Clause potentially under review that could become even more true in the future.

I'm also interested to see what happens to Blissey when Event Moves are unbanned, presumably Wish is the main reason it dropped so low but no doubt Husk's team could be trouble for it as well.

What's funny is that many of the pokemon I used consistently this month have been falling in usage. Blissey, Metagross, Gliscor, Starmie, Skarmory, Heracross, and Hippowdon are examples.

I must say, the increase in Garchomp usage is startling, and this is coming from a Garchomp supporter. It's as if everybody is using Garchomp on almost all of their teams nowadays.

I wonder, though, if people aren't using Blissey anymore, then what are they using to take special attacks?

That's because not using garchomp is almost like a handicap for most players, and Husk's Astral Projection team has further evidenced that it is can further utilized by skilled players.

I use crobat in every single match in all my accounts and yet it didn't rise that much compared to last month. Why's that?

Sweeper Deoxys E is having an interesting impact on the meta, I believe it is responsible for the drop in usage of dedicated walls like skarmory, hippowdon gliscor and snorlax, and the rise of mixed walls like swampert celebi and suicune.

Also, tangerine would like me to inform everyone that Garchomp cannot reach 100% usage, which apparently earned me an infraction. I hope my post did not cause a panic among the community :justin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)