CAP 5 CAP 5 - Complete Movepool Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Not too strong? It gets a Technician boost outside of weather, ...so that's pretty awesome, no?
You're stuck with a base 75 power Normal Move outside of Weather, or a 100 power move of whatever type in weather. Its meh.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
oh yes, cause a STAB 100bp move is so not broken
Yeah, because 100% of the time there will be a Sandstorm up. Also, you'll have 6 CMs, and Stealth Rock and Spikes and Toxic Spikes will be up.

Edit: And a STAB 90bp move with a chance to increase all stats is less broken.

Moveset...of DOOM!!!

My Rockmon Movepool that I've been sitting on for a while: Note that Underlines represent viable moves, and that Bold and Underline represents the excellent moves.

Code:
 Level Up Moves:

[U]Heart Scale: Weather Ball[/U]
Lv --: Scratch
Lv 05: Leer
Lv 07: Harden
[U]Lv 10: Mirror Shot[/U]
Lv 15: Rock Tomb
Lv 20: Cut
Lv 26: Slash
Lv 26: Night Slash
Lv 32: Power Gem
Lv 39: Glare
[U]Lv 46: Metal Sound
[/U] Lv 46: Screech
[U][B]Lv 55: "Ancient Beam" [/B][/U]
Lv 65: Head Smash
[U]Lv 75: Explosion[/U]
Notes:

I will exclude Head Smash or Explosion if someone has a suitable replacement.

I am considering Fake Out at the moment, so I may edit them in too.

EDIT: Added Destiny Bond, though if people disagree I may reconsider.

EDIT 2: Cut Absorb, Mega Drain and Rock Throw, to make 15 moves, then added Screech for 16.

EDIT 3: AP a tutor move, because I feel that it and Ancient Beam together within a Level up pool is a little much, and removed Destiny Bond.

Code:
 TM's

TM02: Dragon Claw
[U]TM03: Water Pulse
TM04: Calm Mind
[/U] TM06: Toxic
TM07: Hail
[B][U]TM10: Hidden Power[/U][/B]
TM11: Sunny Day
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance  
[U]TM19: Giga Drain[/U]
TM21: Frustration
TM22: Solarbeam
[U][B]TM24: Thunderbolt[/B][/U]
[U]TM25: Thunder[/U]
TM26: Earthquake
TM27: Return
[U]TM29: Psychic
TM30: Shadow Ball
[/U] TM31: Brick Break
TM32: Double Team
[U]TM34: Shock Wave[/U]
[U]TM37: Sandstorm[/U]
TM39: Rock Tomb
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM41: Torment
TM42: Facade
TM43: Secret Power
TM44: Rest
TM46: Thief
TM49: Snatch
[B][U]TM50: Overheat
TM52: Focus Blast[/U][/B]
TM54: False Swipe
TM56: Fling
[U]TM57: Charge Beam[/U]
TM58: Endure
TM63: Embargo
[U][B]TM64: Explosion[/B][/U]
TM65: Shadow Claw
TM66: Payback
TM68: Giga Impact
TM69: Rock Polish
TM70: Flash
TM71: Stone Edge
TM72: Avalanche 
[U]TM73: Thunder Wave[/U]
TM75: Swords Dance
[B][U]TM76: Stealth Rock[/U][/B]
TM80: Rock Slide
TM81: X-Scissor
TM82: Sleep Talk
TM83: Natural Gift
TM84: Poison Jab
TM87: Swagger
TM90: Substitute
[U]TM91: Flash Cannon[/U]
HM01: Cut
HM04: Strength
HM06: Rock Smash
HM08: Rock Climb
Notes:

No Ice moves barring Avalanche, because these don't quite fit in my eyes, plus they give it a little bit too much to work with in my opinion.

No Flamethrower or Fire Blast, these moves are killer for coverage and have no risk at all involved, too, aside from Flash Fire.

Overheat is in because it ruins you with one use and stops your sweep for the time being, and leaves you very Pursueable (Is that a word?). Besides, it makes sense: Friction between rocks = Heat, Too Much of This = Overheat.

No Screens, because this + superb speed + Sandstorm = Too much defence for its already adequate power.

Stealth Rock is in because it fits perfectly with the Pokemon, levitating rocks pretty much comprise the Pokemon anyway, and I think that because this thing lacks the screens and the like, it can't outclass most other potential suicide leads

EDIT: Added CM, because I forgot it before.

EDIT 2: Added Shadow Ball, forgot that, too.

Code:
 Move Tutors:

[U]MT: Air Cutter[/U]
MT: Fury Cutter
MT: Knock Off
MT: Sucker Punch
[B][U]MT: Vacuum Wave[/U][/B]
MT: Zen Headbutt
[U]MT: Magnet Rise[/U]
[U]MT: Swift[/U]
[U][B]MT: Ancient Power[/B][/U]
[U][B]MT: Earth Power[/B][/U]
[U]MT: Endeavour[/U]
[U]MT: Iron Defence[/U]
MT: Iron Head
MT: Mud Slap
[U]MT: Signal Beam[/U]
Notes:

A cheap stap up move in Iron Defence could assist in a Sandstorm, but, unlike Reflect, in can be taken out of play with Rockmon with Roar etc., or Hazed off:

No Icy Wind or Ominous Wind because I can't justify either of them after excluding a superior counterpart (Ice Beam), and I can't see this thing manipulating the air. As for Ominous Wind, this movepool isn't really based on scaryiness and intimidation, so it wouldn't fit well.

So, that's it. Any suggestions, corrections or comments are very much welcome.

No Flamethrower or Fire Blast, these moves are killer for coverage and have no risk at all involved, too, aside from Flash Fire.
Depending on what moveset this Pokemon is using in conjunction with a fire move you could add Bulky Waters not named Dos, Thick Fat users, and possibly Bulky Fighters like Machamp, Revvy, Hariyama into the list. It does seem to have a good number of counters/checks at hand already, so even if it had FT&FB they're still be someone(s) to stop it.

Isn't expanding the metagame via introducting a few BL/UU's to help keep a pokemon in check a good thing? I find it weird that it's a bad thing to help some decent BL/UU become more used with the metagame by making thme part of someone's counter list.

Overheat is in because it ruins you with one use and stops your sweep for the time being, and leaves you very Pursueable (Is that a word?). Besides, it makes sense: Friction between rocks = Heat, Too Much of This = Overheat.
Pursueable isn't a word, thought it does take a lot from stabbed CB pursuits.

Your explanation of Overheat sorta makes me wonder how does a Pokemon use it in the first place. Based on in-game and PBR it looks like an explosion of fire and heat. From this kind of animation one could say that Heat Wave, Lava Plume, and quite possibly though a bit far fetched Eruption could fit onto his movepool as well. Eruption would probably be stretching too much, but Lava Plume and Heat Wave can work in your favor. Both moves are competitively flavor moves just like Overheat.

Your explanation of Overheat sorta makes me wonder how does a Pokemon use it in the first place. Based on in-game and PBR it looks like an explosion of fire and heat. From this kind of animation one could say that , [URL="http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/a/a1/DPLava_plume.PNG"]Lava Plume, and quite possibly though a bit farfetched Eruption could fit onto his movepool as well. Eruption would probably be stretching too much, but Lava Plume and Heat Wave can work in your favor. Both moves are competitively flavor moves just like Overheat.
Thanks for the response, I considered Lava Plume and Heat Wave, but I didn't really see the point in using a flavor argument to include something that would contradict my power argument for Flamethrower and Fire Blast (Because they still involve little risk, and do respectable damage.). You raise an excellent point though. And it is true that those BL's/UU's could counter it, but a lot of other moves in my pool would be adapted to keep them in check. Giga Drain for Bulky Waters, Psychic for Hariyama and Revvy etc., and I wouldn't really exclude them to include a few fire moves, these other moves fit more smoothly into the movepool than Flamethrower and Fire Blast.

A cheap stap up move in Iron Defence could assist in a Sandstorm, but, unlike Reflect, in can be taken out of play with Rockmon with Roar etc., or Hazed off:
That's true, but if it becomes too broken, I could see this thing using Harden as an alternative. <_<;

No Icy Wind or Ominous Wind because I can't justify either of them after excluding a superior counterpart (Ice Beam), and I can't see this thing manipulating the air. As for Ominous Wind, this movepool isn't really based on scariness and intimidation, so it wouldn't fit well.
Well, this IS getting Technician, and Hidden Power can only be one type. On that note, I think Silver Wind should be considered too (the OTHER AncientPower clone) for a complete set, but that's just *brick'd* me. (x_x)

Thanks for the response, I considered Lava Plume and Heat Wave, but I didn't really see the point in using a flavor argument to include something that would contradict my power argument for Flamethrower and Fire Blast (Because they still involve little risk, and do respectable damage.). You raise an excellent point though.
The main point of it was to ask myself and other on how they believe Overheat is done. I strongly believe that FT&FB aren't going to make this Pokemon overpowering as you still need a decent amount of prediction skills to use them, but I guess we will never know until a submission with them wins and eveyone playtest it.

And it is true that those BL's/UU's could counter it, but a lot of other moves in my pool would be adapted to keep them in check. Giga Drain for Bulky Waters, Psychic for Hariyama etc.,
True but the fact it can only have four moves restricts it's options for counter striking. Having a Rock/Ground/Fire/Psychic moves means that Blissey, Snorlax, Bulky Waters, and porbably T-tar&Revvy (shaky 2HKO with Psychic and Earth Power respectively). Replace Psychic with an Grass/Electric move and now Fighting types can come in. Also one has to remember that it could run a SubCM set. In that scenario, it would only have two move for offenses further reducing it's coverage by half or more.

and I wouldn't really exclude them to include a few fire moves, these other moves fit more smoothly into the movepool than Flamethrower and Fire Blast.
Giga Drain and Psychic don't exactly fit all that well with Rockmon's appearance. It doesn't have a mouth (Mr.Goodbar explaintion on how Rock type pokemon use Flamethrower) so it can't really drain anything of life force and it's not based on a Giant Water Bug >_>. Psychic isn't something something this pokemon could do any time soon. I personally don't see the need for Psychic and Giga Drain within it's movepool. Thunderbolt take care of water types anyway and removing Psychic would further balance it by helping Fighting types out (which may be a good idea for my movepool). The only true need for Giga Drain is for Swampert, but I think allowing Swampert to counter/check it would be in everyone's best interest.

You don't have to add Lava Plume and/or Heat Wave onto it's movepool, but keep them in mind that they're do have a good amount of flavor on them and are competitively viable.The question comes down to is who or what kind of counters/checks do you want to protect/pamper/shelter from harm?

The main point of it was to ask myself and other on how they believe Overheat is done. I strongly believe that FT&FB aren't going to make this Pokemon overpowering as you still need a decent amount of prediction skills to use them, but I guess we will never know until a submission with them wins and eveyone playtest it.

True but the fact it can only have four moves restricts it's options for counter striking. Having a Rock/Ground/Fire/Psychic moves means that Blissey, Snorlax, Bulky Waters, and porbably T-tar&Revvy (shaky 2HKO with Psychic and Earth Power respectively). Replace Psychic with an Grass/Electric move and now Fighting types can come in.

Giga Drain and Psychic don't exactly fit all that well with Rockmon's appearance. It doesn't have a mouth (Mr.Goodbar explaintion on how Rock type pokemon use Flamethrower) so it can't really drain anything of life force and Psychic doesn't seem like something this pokemon could do. I personally don't seen the need for Psychic and Giga Drain within it's movepool. Thunderbolt take care of water types anyway and removing Psychic would help open doors for more counters via Fighting types.

You don't have to add Lava Plume and/or Heat Wave onto it's movepool, but keep them in mind if you want a competitively flavorful fire move.
Psychic and Giga Drain are choices I made based on the mysterious powers (Energy suction/exertion) these gems may imbued with (I may just enter a Dex entry to back that up when the time comes). The movepool's theme is based around the claws and the gems, with some other possibilities, you see. A lot of Fighting-Type Tanks can Sponge a Super Effective hit and OHKO back easily though. Off the top of my head, Machamp and Hariyama really stand out.

Flamethrower and Fire Blast probably won't be overpowering, I tried to gear my movepool towards Middle OU, not quite OU Superstar, to give a little leeway in case Rockmon ends up destroying the metagame because the theorymonning failed. And, about the counters, there is a high chance that some of these will stand out specifically as stronger counters, so Rockmon may not have to deal with all of these Pokemon at once.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Giga Drain and Psychic don't exactly fit all that well with Rockmon's appearance. It doesn't have a mouth (Mr.Goodbar explaintion on how Rock type pokemon use Flamethrower) so it can't really drain anything of life force and it's not based on a Giant Water Bug >_>.
Forretress also learns Giga Drain, yet I see no mouth. Other weird things like Flygon, Zangoose, Xatu, Uxie, Shedinja and Muk learn it too. I have Giga Drain in my moveset because I felt like it was a nice option for Technician and would go well with the Rock STAB, but I acknowledge that Giga Drain does seem a bit weird on Rockmon. I guess it could be justified by saying it uses its gems to 'drain' foes' life force (kinda like the mystical powers used by Xatu to drain?), or maybe it stabs its rocks into a foe and then drains like that? I don't know, but I think at least competitively it is feasible.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deck Knight V.2.0/FINAL:

Code:
[B]Level-Up:[/B]
-- Scratch
-- Leer
7. Rock Throw
10. Metal Claw
14. Metal Sound
19. Sandstorm
23. Disable
27. Ancientpower
33. Power Gem
38. Mud Shot
42. Night Slash
46. Weather Ball
52. Ancient Beam
59. Tri-Attack
Code:
[B]Tutor Moves:[/B]
Tutor Air Cutter
Tutor Fury Cutter
Tutor Knock Off
Tutor Vacuum Wave
Tutor Magnet Rise
Tutor Snore
Tutor Swift
Tutor Ancientpower
Tutor Earth Power
Tutor Heat Wave
Tutor Iron Head
Tutor Mud Slap
Tutor Rollout
Code:
[B]TMs:[/B]
TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM19 - Giga Drain
TM21 - Frustration
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Brick Break
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM46 - Thief
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM54 - False Swipe
TM57 - Charge Beam
TM58 - Endure
TM59 - Dragon Pulse
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM69 - Rock Polish
TM70 - Flash
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM81 - X-Scissor
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-Turn
TM90 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb
Explanation:

I focused primarily on clawed moves and some minor Technicianable moves like Mud Shot for the level-up pool. I also included Disable which on some support in the Non-Attack Moves discussion. Thunder Wave was also added in, could find a cool use. Metal Sound can be used to force some switches and works a little faster than Calm Mind when used on a switch. Knock Off also made it on. It's an interesting option and pretty much all clawed pokemon get it. U-Turn is also there for a good lead option, though it isn't particularly powerful.

Finally, this second version has the full range of Rock STAB moves. I dropped Harden and Slash for Sandstorm and Weather Ball. This might have made my level-up moves contain too many "competitively viable" moves, but the vast majority of them are STAB, and you will probably only use one per set. The existence of AP, Ancient Beam, and Weather Ball mostly preclude Power Gem from seeing use I believe. I don't really see this as any different from fire types who learn Lava Plume, Flamethrower, and Fire Blast along with their support moves.

Calm Mind won enough support, so I begrudgingly added it in. FT and FB are there, but Overheat has considerably less diversity in the pokemon that learn it, depiction or otherwise.

In other words, this has all the tools it needs for special sweeping, and it can actually use technician because of Giga Drain, Air Cutter, Vacuum Wave, and a few other useful options that provide different coverage. It can use Swords Dance and some physical Tech options to its advantage as well.

For filler special attacks, it has elemental beams, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, and Dragon Pulse. Psychic did not seem to fit to me, and neither Relicanth nor Sudowoodo get it either (though they do get CM), so it seemed justified to me.

Not included in the movepool: Trick, Taunt, Explosion, Screens. Seriously, this thing isn't Psychic or Ghost. Trick doesn't fit. At all. Taunt was excluded because it largely supplants Aerodactyl and other Taunt leads. Explosion also screams of a suicide lead and I decided against it; makes it too easy to deal with Blissey. I excluded the screens from V2 because I wanted my set to scream sweeper instead of jack-of-all trades. To be sure it has some interesting support moves, but the bulk of its attacks are directed at dealing damage.

RE: Giga Drain:

Forretress gets it because it is a Bug. Bugs suck the life out of opponents with their bites, just like Mosquitos. Zangoose gets it, like Kabutops and a bunch of other random things, by attacking with their claws and draining fluids, etc. I have no clue why Xatu gets it, but whatevs.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Deck Knight your list should have Rain Dance to conform with the guide.
I don't know if you intentionally missed Explosion.. It would be extremely useful and mean that it has some hope against Blissey.

I think that Energy Ball, Payback, Poison Jab, Flash Cannon should be considered as flavor TMs, Iron Defense and Signal Beam are good flavorful and semi competitive Tutor moves.

I like it overall though, its a lot more.. clean than GTs. It seems like he started with all moves and took out the ones that don't fit at all, and you started with a blank slate and added in moves that fit well.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Competitive-wise, Deck Knight's movepool is basically mine with Ice Beam added. :)

Actually, I've been seeing many movepools creeping nearer and nearer to mine ever since I submitted mine. I take that as a compliment.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would like yours much more X-Act, if it had Ice Beam....
Its fits well enough and gives it another option against bulky Grounds/Grasses as well as making it a better revenge killer for SkyMin and Mence.
I like the idea of a Pokemon that can use almost every type effectively but has to chose only 3-4 of them, it would be interesting to see which ones people pick.

I can see something like:
Rockmon@Life Orb
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Hasty
Levitate
<Rock STAB>
Earth Power
<Fire Move>
Explosion/Coverage move (Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball or something)

Becoming the stranded non Tech set.
Ice Beam has real competition; Rock/Ground provides coverage against almost everything, a Fire move is needed for Bronzong and Explosion is the only reliable way around Blissey so many people will not use Ice Beam. But it is something I think makes sense and should go on this Pokemon.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The only reason I didn't put Ice Beam in my movepool is that there is no Pokemon in the game that learns Ice Beam but not Blizzard. It is actually a flavour preference. You might tell me "there's always a first time for everything" but I'd rather let Nintendo break their own rules than I break theirs.

However, if you want an Ice move, you can go with Hidden Power Ice. You have Earth Power (so no HP Ground needed), Energy Ball (so no HP Grass needed) and Focus Blast (so no HP Fighting needed). My movepool basically tells you "Your Ice move is either 70 BP with Levitate or 90 BP with Technician" instead of "95 BP no matter what". That's the only difference it makes, really. And since this Pokemon has 120 SpA, I think HP Ice OHKOes most of the things, if not all, that Ice Beam OHKOes.

I like it overall though, its a lot more.. clean than GTs. It seems like he started with all moves and took out the ones that don't fit at all, and you started with a blank slate and added in moves that fit well.
Admittedly, yeah...that what happened when I created my movepool spread. Going to fix that problem soon vai removing unecessary and/or nonsense moves from the TM and Tutor list.

However, if you want an Ice move, you can go with Hidden Power Ice. Since this Pokemon has 120 SpA, I think HP Ice OHKOes most of the things, if not all, that Ice Beam OHKOes.
That's theoretically true.

Every OU Pokemon that are weak to Ice moves.
Code:
[COLOR=Cyan]Teal text[/COLOR] = What you would really use HP Ice for.

Breloom
Celebi
[COLOR=Cyan]Dugtrio[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Cyan]Fidgit[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Cyan]Gliscor
Hippowdon[/COLOR]
Salamence
Sceptile
Shaymin-S
Togekiss
Yanmega
Zapdos
If we're using X-Act's movepool for this example, you would only need an Ice move on four Pokemon. Everyone else are shot down via FT, FB, or stabbed Rock move. From those, the damage dealt by HP Ice are as shown.

Code:
Life Orb Rockmon using HP Ice(70) on 4/0 Dugtrio: [B]119.43% - 141.23%[/B] 

Life Orb Rockmon using HP Ice(70) on 252/0 Gliscor: [B]134.46% - 159.32%[/B]

Life Orb Rockmon using HP Ice(70) on 252/88 Hippo: [B]52.38% - 61.9%[/B]

Life Orb Rockmon using HP Ice(70) on 252/0 Fidgit: [B]57.36% - 67.51%[/B]
Dugtrio and Gliscor are dead and you can 2HKO Fidgit. Hippo could possibly live through it, but the only thing Hippo could do to Rockmon is Roar or Yawn.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deck Knight your list should have Rain Dance to conform with the guide.
I don't know if you intentionally missed Explosion.. It would be extremely useful and mean that it has some hope against Blissey.

I think that Energy Ball, Payback, Poison Jab, Flash Cannon should be considered as flavor TMs, Iron Defense and Signal Beam are good flavorful and semi competitive Tutor moves.

Note on Rain Dance:

As I suspected, Golem does not learn Rain Dance. I won't say I modeled this on Golem because obviously it has a lot more attack diversity, but I didn't think it logical for a cave-dwelling electromagnetic rock to be summoning rain for any reason. It wasn't in my 1st edition movepool either.

There are a several rocks without Rain Dance, among them Golem, Shuckle, Sudowoodo, Armaldo, Regirock, Probopass, and Cradily.

I excluded Explosion on purpose. For reasons similar to Taunt, its just too easily abusable on a suicide lead.

Although I suppose with Weather Ball I may be obliged to put Rain Dance where I wasn't before. Roserade has Sunny Day and Rain Dance, but no SS or Hail. Castform of course has all 4.

I started off with a basic model of what I wanted: Special Sweeper with large movepool, a semi-useful set of technician physical moves, CM for buffing and MS for debuffing, and a few unorthodox "Other Options" like Disable and T-Wave.

Basically speaking, if you used Levitate most of your filler moves would top out at 80 BP (Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, etc.), if you use Technician you could access some different types with decent BP (Flying, Grass, HP89's, etc.)

I probably caved on Focus Blast, but honestly, the low PP and bad accuracy are the reason it is only sparsely used. Essentially, I wanted to make both Technician and Levitate useful. Your coverage will depend on what you choose. For example, if you go with Levitate, Thick Fat Hariyama or a revenge kill from Machamp is probably going to wipe you out. Whereas, Tech will let you hit them with Air Cutter on the switch.

Similarly, Tech allows you to actually do something to Swampert, and boosts the power of Vacuum Wave. + lol Snore flinch >_>.

I also start off by looking to Mew for a complete list. Thus why I never forget things like Snore, Sleep Talk, etc, or "clawed" TMs like False Swipe. I add in things that fit as I scroll down the list, rather than starting with a whole list and deleting them.

Even still, I don't think Ice Beam is overpowering. It does give coverage of Grounds, but if you have Levitate that is fairly redundant. FT takes care of Grassers. And Dragons get too many breaks anyway. Kingdra, your biggest threat is neutral anyway, and Dragon Pulse probably won't make it on many standard sets.

Code:
[b]Level Up[/b]

1. Scratch
1. Sharpen
5. Rock throw
8.  Confusion
12. Fury swipes
15. Disable 
19. Agility
22. Fake out
25. Psywave
28. Slash
33. Power gem
39. Psycho cut
44. Metal Sound*
50. Ancient beam*
55. Destiny Bond
61. Head Smash
Code:
[b]TM List[/b]

TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day 
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM19 - Giga Drain
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Skill Swap
TM49 - Snatch
TM50 - Overheat
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM54 - False Swipe
TM57 - Charge Beam
TM58 - Endure
TM64 - Explosion
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM67 - Recycle
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM69 - Rock Polish
TM70 - Flash
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM77 - Psych Up
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM81 - X-scissor
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
HM01 - Cut
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb
Notable Exclusions- Taunt,Energy ball,Thunderbolt,Thunder,Screens,Ice beam

Stealth rock/Taunt

I am in the "No Suicide Lead" supporter and didn't want this move, however this got support from the vast majority so i have added it. Instead i got rid of Taunt as it barely got enough votes to even get through to the movepool stage.

Levitate/Technician

People are undermining how important Levitate is to this pokemon, for a start without Levitate the single most used pokemon in the game will revenge kill you every single time.

Modest Scarftran Earth power vs Min/Min Rockmon = 90%-106%
Timid Scarftran Earth power vs Min/Min Rockmon = 82%-97%

If SR is down Timid Heatran will OHKO 60% of the time.

With moves like Energy ball and Thunderbolt, no one would ever use Technician. Giga drain,Shock wave and Charge beam allow Technician to be a real alternative to Levitate.

Its still has Earth power,Ancient beam,Hidden power,Focus blast,Shadow ball,Flamethrower and Explosion for coverage with Levitate.

Code:
[b]Tutor Moves[/b]

Air cutter
Fury cutter
Sucker punch
Vacuum wave
Zen headbutt
Magnet rise
Swift
Uproar
Ancient power
Bounce
Earth power
Endeavor
Heat wave
Iron defence
Iron head
Signal beam
Icy wind

I didn't want to add this without Ice beam. As this move would only be used on a Technician set it is not missed much anyway because just about every other useful attacking type is covered(Giga drain,Shock wave,Flamethrower etc),allowing you to use HP Ice.

Trick

Trick is getting very common on several special sweepers, mainly as a way to shut down Blissey and other walls, adding another one is hardly "Breaking the mold".

I'm not sure if you got my PM Latinoheat, but I think you are required to submit your Move List in a "code" format. Might be worth editing.

The only reason I didn't put Ice Beam in my movepool is that there is no Pokemon in the game that learns Ice Beam but not Blizzard. It is actually a flavour preference. You might tell me "there's always a first time for everything" but I'd rather let Nintendo break their own rules than I break theirs.
Cresseila, Swalot, Latios, Latias, Claydol, Mawile, Altaria, Deoxys(All forms) learn Ice Beam but not Blizzard. I find this ironic because it took me this long to find out that they are a few pokemon that learn one but not the other.

G_T movepool, version 2.0

Level-Up
Code:
Heart Scale: Weather Ball
 Lv --: Scratch
 Lv --: Leer
 Lv 06: Sand-Attack
 Lv 11: Rock Throw
 Lv 17: Screech
 Lv 22: Magnet Bomb
 Lv 26: [B]Metal Sound[/B]
 Lv 31: Night Slash
 Lv 38: Sandstorm
 Lv 44: Tri-Attack
 Lv 52: Discharge
 Lv 59: [B]"Ancient Beam"[/B]
 Lv 62: Double Edge
Yes...that's right, I caved in to people's opinions and gave it Weather Ball. Removed Lock-On/Zap Cannon for Discharge mainly for flavor because nothing beats a electromagnetic creature discharging all that built-up electrical energy.

Edit: Replaced Head Smash for Double Edge. Wanted a more unique final move than Head Smash or Explosion. Still has a physical rock move if one wants to use that gimmicky Sword Dance set.

TM/HM list
Code:
 TM02 - Dragon Claw
 TM03 - Water Pulse
 TM04 - Calm Mind
 TM05 - Roar
 TM06 - Toxic
 TM10 - Hidden Power
 TM11 - Sunny Day
 TM13 - Ice Beam*
 TM15 - Hyper Beam
 TM16 - Light Screen*
 TM17 - Protect
 TM18 - Rain Dance
 TM19 - Giga Drain
 TM20 - Safeguard
 TM21 - Frustration
 TM22 - Solarbeam
 TM24 - Thunderbolt
 TM25 - Thunder
 TM26 - Earthquake
 TM27 - Return
 TM28 - Dig
 TM30 - Shadow Ball
 TM31 - Brick Break
 TM32 - Double Team
 TM33 - Reflect*
 TM34 - Shock Wave
 TM35 - Flamethrower
 TM37 - Sandstorm
 TM38 - Fire Blast
 TM39 - Rock Tomb
 TM40 - Aerial Ace
 TM41 - Torment
 TM42 - Facade
 TM43 - Secret Power
 TM44 - Rest
 TM46 - Thief
 TM49 - Snatch
 TM50 - Overheat
 TM52 - Focus Blast
 TM53 - Energy Ball
 TM54 - False Swipe
 TM56 - Fling
 TM57 - Charge Beam
 TM58 - Endure
 TM59 - Dragon Pulse
 TM64 - Explosion
 TM65 - Shadow Claw
 TM68 - Giga Impact
 TM69 - Rock Polish
 TM70 - Flash
 TM71 - Stone Edge
 TM72 - Avalanche
 TM73 - Thunder Wave
 TM74 - Gyro Ball
 TM75 - Swords Dance
 TM76 - Stealth Rock
 TM79 - Dark Pulse
 TM80 - Rock Slide
 TM81 - X-scissor
 TM82 - Sleep Talk
 TM83 - Natural Gift
 TM84 - Poison Jab
 TM87 - Swagger
 TM89 - U-turn
 TM90 - Substitute
 TM91 - Flash Cannon
 HM01 - Cut
 HM04 - Strength
 HM06 - Rock Smash
 HM08 - Rock Climb
Overall it looks about the same as before except without all those unnecessary moves. I removed Psychic and Psychic related moves from the table because it doesn't seem to fit on Rockmon all that much.

Edit: Decided to remove Taunt from the list, but I'm keeping Reflect, Light Screen, and Ice Beam. People don't like the suicidal lead idea all that much and I'm appealing to that crowd. They're already existing Pokemon that have Ice Beam but no Blizzard, so no flavor issue with Rockmon having Ice Beam. The screens won't overpower him anytime soon in my belief so they can stick around for the time being.

Move Tutor
Code:
[B]Air Cutter[/B]
Fury Cutter
[B]Knock Off[/B]
Sucker Punch
[B]Vacuum Wave[/B]
Magnet Rise
Swift
[B]Ancientpower[/B]
[B]Earth Power[/B]
Heat Wave
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Mud Slap
Removed Superpower, Trick, any other move that was deemed unnecessary, although Knock Off stays because majority of the voters liked it. Important/possible competitive viable moves are in bold. Knock Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)