Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Also I have tried it a few times doing the same exact same thing every time but its only worked once. Any reason for this?

If you reset it at 00 if you turn it off put in the AR instead of hitting continue fast does that affect anything?
Until I get my R4, I've been hitting "Start" on the AR at HH:MM:00, which gives my a typical seconds of 16. Works great that way for me.

EDIT: I don't know what anyone has figured out about Delay, but, as far as egg resetting goes, I think I may have figured out how to control it. I need to do a little more testing, but, it seems to me that when you start pressing "A" on the fading in screen with all the copyrights on it, that determines you delay, not how fast your press the button. How fast you press the button may be related, but, I'll test it.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
For the whole calibration thing, do the seconds of the DS have to match EXACTLY the seconds of an external watch? I.e. a PC clock or a VCR clock or a TV clock, etc.
I thought that matching the seconds was just to make it easier for you to count for the calibration, since you can't see the DS's time after you load the game @_@ So ideally it would probably be best to have your seconds as close as possible to the ones on a real clock...right?

I don't understand. Im using everythign correct but whenever I hatch the egg and compare the ivs to the different egg ivs i don't get a match. Am i doing something wrong?

What method is used for in-game gifts?
for example, the eevee and the porygon?

Nevermind I looked it up :)
(in case you haven't, it's method 1)

I don't understand. Im using everythign correct but whenever I hatch the egg and compare the ivs to the different egg ivs i don't get a match. Am i doing something wrong?
You might have a different delay. if I don't get a spread on my target delay, I catch a pokemon to see what my delay and Offset are so I can correct the problem next reset.

Twould be awesome if I could get a shiny spread under four billion taps (exaggeration) so I can at least get this BP done.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just confirmed that coin flipping does not advance the regular RNG, and that Giratina is still frame 1 on my game.

I was wondering, since the coin flip app and the regular RNG both start at the same seed, would it be possible to figure out how the coin flip works (I'd assume it takes each RNG call and determines even/odd) and make RNG reporter able to list the first 10-20 coin flips you would get if your game did, indeed, have a specific seed (and assuming it started at offset 1)? Flipping 20 coins to see if it matches a specified sequence would be a much easier way to confirm you got a certain time/delay than going through all your journal flips and then catching the pokemon blindly, especially if you're dealing with delays of >1,000.

well I guess I should keep doing it to get a average. How do I use this average after I get it? im sorry if these are stupid questions but I don't fully get the breeding abusing for this.

Your averages are just an idea to give you what spread to look for. For example, if you do alot of those testing phases and you see that your delays consistently land around 600, you should go for 599,600,601, etc. You should be landing on the same seconds if you keep doing it. Offsets are a bit random, but once you lock into an egg, it'll be pretty much stay consistent.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, for those of you with a big amount of journal taps, here's a way to find out if you got your correct delay and seconds without having to go through all the taps only to end up with the incorrect pokemon.

First, you must find out the seed for your legend. If you're resetting legends, you've already done this.

Then generate a list, starting with that seed, using the method DPPt Egg PID (Normal). Take note of the ability (0 or 1) for each spread in the list.

Open the coin flip app (it would help if you had this open already when you saved in front of your legend) and flip 10-20 coins. Since the coin flipper uses the same RNG as the egg PIDs, and because of the way it's calculated, the results of the coin flips (heads/tails) will match the number displayed in the ability column, as long as you have the correct seed.

Ability 0 = Tails
Ability 1 = Heads

So if your frames, in order, read 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0
Your coin flip sequence would look like tails, tails, heads, tails, heads, heads, heads, tails, tails, heads, tails

If you get this sequence (I wouldn't flip less than 10, 20 is probably enough on the high end), you have the correct seed, and may begin your journal taps and pokemon catching. The coin flipping will not advance the PRNG used for pokemon generation, so it'll start at frame 1, or whatever offset you get for runners.

If you do not get a matching sequence of coin flips, SR your game and try again. You just saved a bunch of useless journal taps.

I just tested this and it does work, so long as you're doing everything right.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Ok, for those of you with a big amount of journal taps, here's a way to find out if you got your correct delay and seconds without having to go through all the taps only to end up with the incorrect pokemon.

First, you must find out the seed for your legend. If you're resetting legends, you've already done this.

Then generate a list, starting with that seed, using the method DPPt Egg PID (Normal). Take note of the ability (0 or 1) for each spread in the list.

Open the coin flip app (it would help if you had this open already when you saved in front of your legend) and flip 10-20 coins. Since the coin flipper uses the same RNG as the egg PIDs, and because of the way it's calculated, the results of the coin flips (heads/tails) will match the number displayed in the ability column, as long as you have the correct seed.

Ability 0 = Tails
Ability 1 = Heads

So if your frames, in order, read 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0
Your coin flip sequence would look like tails, tails, heads, tails, heads, heads, heads, tails, tails, heads, tails

If you get this sequence (I wouldn't flip less than 10, 20 is probably enough on the high end), you have the correct seed, and may begin your journal taps and pokemon catching. The coin flipping will not advance the PRNG used for pokemon generation, so it'll start at frame 1, or whatever offset you get for runners.

If you do not get a matching sequence of coin flips, SR your game and try again. You just saved a bunch of useless journal taps.

I just tested this and it does work, so long as you're doing everything right.
This is excellent news! Many thanks for bringing this to our attention. (In particular, I was finding inconsistent legendary offsets after Sweet Scenting to find the seed.)

Possible food for thought to improve this method: I think you only need 7 flips to get 99% confidence (assuming completely random chance), but you might want to look at a number of nearby seeds (maybe up to 4 delay frames greater/less than the target seed) to figure out how many coins you really need to get 100% certainty unless you get something way off target.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@ Syberia -- This is really huge, you made my night with this idea. It's completely viable and as you said on IRC, should open up a lot of the higher offset spreads where you hate to flip a page 1000+ times to find out you screwed up on the seconds/delay. Absolutely top notch on this one.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay, I have NO idea how this works.
Is there an easier way to explain DPPt IV exploitation? Because I have no clue what to do.
Seriously, if you have a specific question ask it. Just coming in and saying "the directions suck" is not helpful or productive. Please try to go through and come back with specific questions or suggestions. I am ALL ears, because I'd really rather have top notch instructions as opposed to answering a million questions or hearing things like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)