Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is there anyone who would like to help me via MSN or something get this RNG thing working? I've tried multiple times but can't. If anyone can successfuly help me work it out, I'd be forever grateful and give you like unlimited credits in my thread ^_^ .

Ok, don't use the IVs to PID to find what seed to use, just stick what Wichu's program says. Just telling you this so you don't ask why it doesn't work when trying to find a time.

SIDs only use like the first 13 digits of the 16 digit binary number they actually are. So any number RNG reporter says will be the SID, the next 8 are included. So it is shiny from 55384 - 55382, and your SID is in there.
okay, that makes sense. thanks LF.

okay well now my question is how do i find the seed?

wichu's programme doesn't give me a seed, only a PID. the first column says 1.51E+09, which i can't make sense of

EDIT: i just clicked on the cell and that's in scientific notation

1510638393 is the full number. is this helpful?

i'm hopelessly confused about this, sorry. is Wichu's programme supposed to give me the seed?
that may be the part where i'm confused about because i don't see a seed.

After reading how to hatch shiny eggs and trying several times, I have been unsuccessful. Could someone please read over the steps i have been following and suggest something I may have missed?

1. Reset game, keeping track of continue time.

2. Run through grass and catch a pokemon, input stats in RNGreporter, find initial seed.

3. Input all necessary info (Id's, DPPT egg normal, etc.), find shiny frame(s)

4. Switch to happiness checker, do X amount of doubletaps, then X amount of coin flips.

5. Fly to Solaceon Town, deposit pokemon, receive and hatch egg, and Success.

Each of my pokemon has hatched non-shiny, and with a nature only possible many (more than 13) frames away.

Rrgh, I always seem to hit right around my target delays. I'm going for 595 and I've gotten both 597 and 593 multiple times. >:I

@.River: If no one else volunteers, I'd be willing to help if you want. I've got a pretty good grip on the basics. :V

After reading how to hatch shiny eggs and trying several times, I have been unsuccessful. Could someone please read over the steps i have been following and suggest something I may have missed?

2. Run through grass and catch a pokemon, input stats in RNGreporter, find initial seed.

4. Switch to happiness checker, do X amount of doubletaps, then X amount of coin flips.

Each of my pokemon has hatched non-shiny, and with a nature only possible many (more than 13) frames away.
The only things that I saw was: 1.) I used a Sweet Scenter when trying to catch the random poke, perhaps try that out?
2.) Make sure that you did the exact required amount of shiny taps, and coin flips. It can be very tricky if the taps are 500+, so make sure you keep good track of the amount of taps you are currently on.

Edit: forgot to ask my Question.

I have the exact seconds and range of my Delay for my Diamond version calculated. Well, say I wanted to go after Darkrai in my Platinum version. Could I use the same seconds/range from my Diamond version or should I do the calibration process again on my Platinum version?

do the taps after you fly to solacean and don't click back on the happiness app after you're done with it or before you're ready to start.

once you click on it initially, it will advance the RNG. i believe, but i'm not 100% positive, that when you fly and land with the happiness app open, it advances the RNG again.

i'm not sure, but it might be one of your problems.

and like salar said, using someone with sweet scent could help alleviate problems as well.

Rrgh, I always seem to hit right around my target delays. I'm going for 595 and I've gotten both 597 and 593 multiple times. >:I

@.River: If no one else volunteers, I'd be willing to help if you want. I've got a pretty good grip on the basics. :V
I've discovered that I can almost consta-hit 603. So, I've discovered that you can simply change the year to get a delay that you can more consistently hit.

for wondercard pokemon (ie darkrai) that are not directly obtained as soon as you recieve the ticket, would you still do How to get Flawless Wondercard Pokemon? or would you do how to catch flawless pokemon?

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How does one get Cresselia to show up when using Sweet Scent? Or is it still luck?
I don't know, but you don't need to use Sweet Scent to battle Cresselia. Just ride the bike through the grass that it is in until you see it.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Um, wouldn't that advance the frame all crazy like?
You don't need to worry about that when looking for Cresselia. Cresselia is already roaming the grass. You are suppose to do the frame/delay before Cresselia is roaming. When you're in front of Cresselia in the moon island (forgot what it was called), you do your frames there. Do it right, then talk to Cresselia to let it roam. After that, it doesn't matter.

for wondercard pokemon (ie darkrai) that are not directly obtained as soon as you recieve the ticket, would you still do How to get Flawless Wondercard Pokemon? or would you do how to catch flawless pokemon?
For event item Pokemon (darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus), the process is the same as for normal wilds or legendaries, so follow the regular "Capturing Perfect Pokemon" steps. The event just allows you to get to them; technically, the Darkrai Wonder Card just gives you the Member's Card, not Darkrai itself. You could full well get a Member's Card and choose never to use it (though I don't know why one would do that :' ).

EDIT: @Masterdeluxe: Yeah, I know about the year thing, and I'm sorely tempted to use it (I've only managed to hit 595 once so far, and that was before I realized that when Kirlia evolves into Gallade it loses Synchronize DX), but at the same time I really want to keep a realistic date. If I'm still trying by this time tomorrow, I'll probably justsay "Screw it" and change the year. .-.

Since there is not a fully-flawless Naive spread, is this the best spread for standard Heatran (I'm using Dragon Pulse, not HP)?
seed 4d0a02b0, frame 2112, Naive, 31/31/31/30/31/31

There are two other quint-flawless ones I found. One had the 30 in Speed, which is rather contradictory. The other one had the 30 in HP, at seed 8d17025b, which seems to have a number of frames in the mid-400s. Not really any better, but it does have the added benefit of a significantly lower frame, though it has a 594 delay, which may be hard to hit for some. :/

Either one would probably work, I'd say.

Which reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask about: The two times I've used seeds generated by Wichu's PokeRNG program and used them in RNGreporter, I've gotten a number of different possible frames within a small range, all with the same spread, delay, and times/dates as far as I can tell. Is this normal/supposed to happen? I haven't had the chance to verify that all the frames listed work, but it doesn't seem like RNGreporter would just spit out random frames for the fun of it.
Also, what's the "Actual" value listed next to the frame number in the Reporter main window? In the above mentioned cases of multiple frames, they've all had this value in common as well.

Hi there! I'm new to this RNG thing.
I can make shiny eggs no problem with the first method in the thread (no real skill involved), but now I'm working on catching perfect/near-perfect pokémon.
And of course, I'm having trouble. haha

I practiced calibrating and I hit a consistent 13 seconds, with a range of 598-608 frames.
Okay, seems good, so I proceed. I figure I'll start simple.
I have an Adamant Synchronizer, and want an Adamant nature Magikarp with good stats.
I come across a low frame ...

Frame 40, Adamant, 29/31/29/3/26/31, MMMF, 07010264

Excellent. The time finder gave me some times and I give 1:28:03, Delay 603, a whirl.
My sync time would be 1:27:00 and the reset time is 1:27:50, asuming my 13 seconds, am I correct?

And then I take my frame 40 and subtract 4 because it will be a fished pokémon.
Also, I have no roaming pokémon right now, so that causes no change and I'm left with 36 Frame Advances.
18 journal flips, if I am correct.

So I try it.
I set my DS time to 1:27 at the external clock's :00 second mark.
I start Pokémon, and at the external's 1:27:50 I reset and mash A.

It is wrong. No surprise, really.
But when I check what I got, it tells me my delay was correct at 603!
That's cool, but wait, my seconds are 5? How is that even possible?
I try again and it comes to 5 again, but with a delay of 598.
And once more at 5 seconds, and a 603 delay.
It also tells me the seed I hit is 080102xx, not 070102xx. :(

Is there anything glaringly wrong that I've done?

EDIT: Also, I am playing Platinum on a DSi. If it matters :D

The first thing I noticed is that your range is two even numbers, indicating your delays are generally even, but you're going for an odd delay. Try insterting a GBA Pokemon cart into Slot 2, or if you already have one in, take it out. This switches most peoples' delays from even to odd or vice versa (My delays are even without and odd with).

Other than that, you seem to have done everything right as far as I can tell, so try that first. I really have no idea whether that'll help, but it's worth a try.

Oh, and seeing as how this is your first post, welcome to Smogon and whatnot. :B

Oh man! Can't believe I missed that.
But unfortunately my love of new technology is preventing use of this spread. XD
I cannot insert an old pokemon game into a DSi, unfortunately.

So, I'll have to mess around a bit to get an even delay.
Is there a good way to do that?

And thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for a while now :D

I'm going to re-ask my question, as it was put into an edit of one of my posts.

I have the exact seconds and range of my Delay for my Diamond version calculated. Well, say I wanted to go after Darkrai in my Platinum version. Could I use the same seconds/range from my Diamond version or should I do the calibration process again on my Platinum version?

Yeah, you don't need to redo the callibration phase to find your seconds and dealy range after you've already done it once.

EDIT: No problem. And I need that Gigas from you sometime. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)