Nuzlocke Challenge

Arias Chapter Two: The Quest Begins

=====================================================================================
Chapter 2: The Quest Begins
=====================================================================================
"Pidgey!" is screeched through the air as the sound of wind and flapping wings rush at you.
"T-totodile! Help!" You manage to get out as you throw yourself to one side, just barley missing the razor sharp claws of the Pidgey who lands nearby.
"Totodile!" You Totodile rushes in with no hesitation and starts charging at your foe.
"Totodile, use scratch!" You scream sit a little uneasy from your dodge.
Your Totodile jumps at thw Pidgey and you hear a sickening slicing sound as his claws cut into the Pidgey.
Theres blood...a lot of blood...
There was never any blood in the Pokemon games...Not even in the anime.
"Pi-pidgey..." The Pidgey is taking quick short steps backwards stumbling over itself and finally it's body gives out and it falls.
You stare at the Pidgey soaked in its own blood.
"Is this what he meant by it not being like the games?" You mumble to yourself still in a state of shock about what had just occured.
The Pidgey is slightly moving still. Its breathing looks shallow but it might survive. You don’t know if that is a good thing or not.
“Maybe I can take it to the PokeCenter and heal it.”
As you stand up, your Totodile walks over to the Pidgey and places his jaws around its neck.
"Pidg-!" the bird cries out as you turn your head and hear hear a blood curdling crunch.
You look back up and you see the Pidgey still laying there, except it isn’t moving anymore. Your Totodile is walking over to you with a happy expression on his face. He stands there looking at you wagging his tail.
“Totodile~” He exclaims and looks at you as if nothing had just happened.
You reach down and place your hand on his head and pet him.
“Better him then us I guess…”
You stand there for a moment thinking to yourself
Pokemon never die, they just faint but…that Pidgey…
There is no mistaking that it is dead. What else is different in this world?
Could my Pokemon die?
You look at your Totodile who has found a rather large branch and is happily chewing on it.
“Well you sure like to chew on things, don’t you?” You remember that you always loved to give your Pokemon names in the games you played.
“Chomper. That’s a good nickname, isn’t it?”
“Totodile~!” Your Totodile screams as in poses in a comical fasion.
“I guess you like it then.” You say, petting him once more.
“If I ever want to get home I am going to have to capture more Pokemon like my Totodi- like Chomper. I’m going to have to raise them and make them stronger than anything else!”
You set back off into the grass with a new found vigor and Chomper is happily following you.
You soon reach a small town, the sign says “Cherry Grove City” As you step into the town you see an elderly man waving you over.
“Welcome to Cherry Grove, young man” the elderly man says in a cheerful voice.
“Thanks.” You say, not really knowing what else to do.
“Let me give you a tour of the town! It is really quick and I have nothing better anyways.” The old man rushes off.
“Damn politeness” you mumble to yourself as you follow him. “I have better things to do then be taken on a tour.” This old man moves quick!
You catch up to the old man as he has stopped at what appears to be a PokeCenter.
“Having trouble keeping up?” The old man says, laughing to himself.
“Just a little, its kinda hard to run in these shoes”
“I’ll try and slow down” The old man says and then goes into a complex explination of the town and all its buildings, the sea and the people. The tour ends at a house that looks older then the man himself.
“Now for being such a good youngin on the tour I have a gift for you.” The old man says as he steps inside and pops back out just as quickly holding a box with a small chip ontop of it.
“Th e first gift is this map of the region.” He says as he takes your Pokegear wrist and plugs the chip into it.
A little display pops up on your Pokegear and labels itself “Map”
“The second gift is these” He says opening the box. Inside are a pair of running shoes, they look like the type you would see altheles wear.
“Thanks you say trying on the shoes.”
“No problem” the old man says “I’ll take care of these” He picks up your old shoes and tosses them into the garbage.
“I have to get going, thanks for the tour and the gifts.” You say waving to the man as you make your way out of town.
You start walking at the only other exit in town when you stop and realize something….
“Where does Mr. Pokemon live?” you ask yourself.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Chapter 1: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2559937&postcount=167

Long post warning here, it stretched on a bit more than I wanted but oh well.

All right, I've got Chapter 2, this is going well so far!

"Nnn..."

I ended up groaning when I felt myself being poked as I slept in my bed for possibly the last time. Little did I know I wouldn't be sleeping in anymore either, as when the smell of food hit the air, Sam decided to just keep prodding at me until I could wake up and feed him. I didn't know what it wanted to eat however, so I just got up and got dressed, shunning that usual outfit of mine for something more fit for a girl of fifteen instead of eleven. I looked more like the girl from LeafGreen than Platinum anyway...

I packed a few of those pairs of clothes and a couple for cooler weather as well. My mom had snuck a dress in there last night as well... Maybe that past as a co-ordinator got to her head, since I had no interest in these sorts of things. Once I had all of my clothes, and something for the inevitable trip to the beach I always loved, I got a few things like my journal and went on my way.

Heading downstairs, my mom had gotten three plates of food out instead of the normal two, and she ended up giving a small one to Sam. "Eat up, you hear?" she called out, and the little monkey was done well before I was. Then again, it usually took me a while...

I was about to head out, saying my goodbyes and all, when Barry's mom came inside. "Is Barry over here? I had something to give to him." I blinked, glancing over. "Not that I know of... I bet he just ran off too fast." She held out a package to me. "He probably went straight to Jubilife City... Can you deliver this package for me?" I nodded and agreed before finally heading out on my journey.

When I arrived to the north of Sandgem Town, Lucas was there in the tall grass and called out to me. "Diana, you're here! Come on, I have something to show you!" He ended up doing something that was pretty unnecessary. I knew how to catch a Pokemon, so this was pretty useless... All I got out of it were five Pokeballs. I thanked him before heading along on my way. I hoped to find something good in the grass, and before I knew it, I was getting pecked. Again.

Screaming out, I called on Sam to attack the newest Starly to go after me. After a few squawks and scratches, I noticed that it was getting weak, so I tossed a Pokeball. I watched as it wiggled back and forth. One... Two... Three... And then it stopped. That was it, I had finally caught a Pokemon on my own! I decided to name this one Tori, and in happiness I basically skipped back to town, Sam running to keep up. I quickly went to heal and went on my way.

"So have you been on anything like this before?" I started to ask when I got back out on the path. Sam replied with a little cry, but got distracted by the lights around. We had arrived to a city bigger than either of us had seen... It was Jubilife City.

I reached a building and went inside, and a bunch of students were inside. I saw my friend at the front of the building and called out to him. "Barry, I have something for you!"

"Eh?" He seemed off guard, and when he opened it he looked over at me. "Why did she send two maps? All right then... Take one, I won't have any use for this. Now I'm off to Oreburgh!" He rushed off before I could thank him.

I had a few annoying things to deal with in town, like finding clowns just to get a Poketch, which I had to admit was pretty handy. On the road ahead, however, I got stopped by the boy who had just left.

"Hey, you really think I was going to leave you to go on your own? Come on, show me how strong you are!" He tossed out his Starly, to which I countered with Tori. Tori seemed to be stronger, but I yelled out when in a victory celebration it started pecking me again. "Come on, stop this! There's a battle going on!" Tori did a good amount to his Piplup as well, but I switched to finish off with Sam so neither would end up dying. It was a victory, though even with that I figured the boy would get well ahead of me.

After a quick healing, I decided to explore the local grass a bit. Maybe I could find something good like an Abra! I heard rustling, and Sam went to check it out... Then I heard the cry.

"BiDOOF!"

Well that wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I decided to go after it anyway. After an Ember or two, I tossed a ball, but cursed under my breath as it broke out. But no matter, I tried again, and it worked. "Yes, finally! I'll call you... Chase!" Hooking that Pokeball to my skirt, I went along. Two more Pokemon ended up in my party. Kaede the Geodude was caught in Oreburgh Gate, and Amaya the Machop on Route 207.

But finally, here I was. After an annoying side trip to the mine, I brought my fledgling team of five up to the gym leader.

"So a rookie trainer wants to face me? All right, let's see what skills you have." He seemed confident as I sent out Chase, him sending out Geodude. Even with Rock Smash, Chase didn't end up with much luck, and I switched out to save it. Amaya easily picked up the slack, however. Low Kick and Karate Chop really worked on Roark, even taking down the mighty Onix in one shot.

"This is embarrassing... Losing to a rookie trainer... There's nothing I can do about it, though, rules are rules. Here, take this badge... And a little token from me as well." It felt great to pin that little badge to my shirt, and I thanked him for the battle, hoping that his Pokemon would be all right nonetheless. Sam wasn't too happy about not being in the battle, but I eventually got him back on my good side with some food and an explanation of how he probably would have been a goner otherwise.
All I knew now was that I had a long way to go, but it was a good start for me. Now I needed to figure out which way to go from here...

Okay here's the team so far:

Chimchar (Sam) Lv. 12 (M)
Bold
Blaze
-Scratch
-Leer
-Ember
-Taunt

Starly (Tori) Lv. 12 (F)
Mild
Keen Eye
-Tackle
-Growl
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack

Bidoof (Chase) Lv. 12 (M)
Bold
Unaware
-Tackle
-Growl
-Defense Curl
-Rock Smash

Geodude (Kaede) Lv. 12 (F)
Serious
Sturdy
-Tackle
-Defense Curl
-Rock Throw
-Rock Polish

Machop (Amaya) Lv. 15 (F)
Naive
No Guard
-Low Kick
-Leer
-Focus Energy
-Karate Chop

In the box:

Starly (Kai) Lv. 2 (M)
Modest
Keen Eye
-Tackle
-Growl

Diana you're following the 'no buying pokéballs' rule and you have so many pokémons anyway? So early in the game? o_o

Diana

Diana you're following the 'no buying pokéballs' rule and you have so many pokémons anyway? So early in the game? o_o
You can find a pokeball in the open on Route 203, two on that patch of Route 207, and get a Great Ball and Dusk Ball from people in Oreburgh. So you actually have access to 10 by this point, I've used 8 of those.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
part 2. i feel like mine is so much darker than it should be lol. enjoy and please give me comments/compliments/criticisms!

Part 2: Cold-Blooded

"Clarence, finish it! Tackle!"

"No, please! My Caterpie!" the bug catcher shrieks as tears roll down his cheeks. Slowly. Clarence pays him no heed and a malicious glint is in his eyes as he stomps violently onto the caterpiller Pokemon. A few seconds later and it's turnedinto little more than a sticky green paste. Not even worth a meal to Clarenbce, I suppose.

"Good match,"*I say drily to the glassy-eyed boy. The tears have gone, replaced by that blank, eerie smile that seems to follow me wherever I go. His eyes are totally devoid of feeling, just like everyone else around here, and it's starting to get to me...

"Here's your money!" he says cheerfully. "I guess *I'll need to be stronger next time!" With that, he turns around and starts marching back and forth like he'd been doing prior to our battle. I shudder silently and go into the grass.

A green worm jumps from nowhere at me. Finally, an opportunity to catch another Pokemon! Surprisingly enough, I hadn't run into a wild Pokemon yet in this natural maze they call Viridian. "Go, Clarence!" I cry as the Bulbasaur comes out from the Pokeball. "Tackle!"

Clarence charges into the bug, knocking it back with great force as it gets its legs wrapped up in some string. "Great job!" I yell. Clarence is eyeing the bug hungrily. It hasn't eaten since that Rattata back on Route 1, and I expect that it's hungry for some Caterpiesu. I can't allow that.

I pull the Pokeball from my belt and hurl it. The Caterpie is sucked into the capsule in a flash of white. The ball rolls once. Twice. Thrice. Yes! Rick the Caterpie has been obtained. Clarence glares at me. I just added its meal to my party. It is sucked back into its ball in a flash of pink, but it certainly is none too pleased about the ordeal.

---

Two hours later and I'm in Pewter with Clarece and the newly-evolved Rick. Too bad he isn't a Butterfree, or he might be of some use against Brock! I step into the Gym hesitantly. I've heard tales about the ruthless Brock and his stone-cold heart, coupled with matchless mastery of earth-based Pokemon. Fighting against such an opponent, is it any wonder I'm shaking?

There's a trainer there. He's blocking my way. Of course, I could walk around him, but where's the difficulty in that? "Let's go, then," I squawk awkwardly. So much for keeping my cool.

The boy smirks. "You're still lightyears away from facing Brock!" he announces. He draws out a Pokeball from his belt. "Go, Diglett! Use Scratch!"

Clarence lets loose a wild howl as Diglett scratches its left eye, the same that Peter's late Charmander scratched two days ago. It releases a furious barrage of blows with the vines hidden under its bulb and Diglett is down for the count. In a single motion, Clarence picks it up and thrusts the tiny mole into its mouth, chewing with relish. The blood drips down from his chin onto the floor of the gym. Blip. Blip. Blip.

The boy is unperturbed. He keeps staring and smiling with that empty gaze that I've started to become accostumed to. "Go, Sandshrew!" Clarence strangles it with those vines in the first second, tears it into three pieces, and has begun eating by the third second after Sandshrew is released from its Pokeball.

"Lightyears are a measure of distance," the boy says with mechanical happiness, "not time!"

"I'll remember that..."

Brock is standing there, arms crossed, eye closed. Teeth gritted. Scowling. There's no emptiness there, and it's more than a little unnerving. He's different from the others and knows it. This is the power of a gym leader...

"I believe in rock-hard willpower and determination," he says intensely, as intensely as he looks. "Go! Geodude!"

"Clarence, Vine Whip!" I yell. In less than a moment, Brock's Geodude has been crushed into rubble, which Clarence dances upon joyfully. "Send out your next soldier to die, Brock," I say coldly. "Clarence and I are prepared for whatever you have.

Brock smirks. "In this world I've seen many things, but none so concerning as you! I've never met such a...cold-blooded rookie in all my years." He pulls out a Pokeball from nowhere. "I'll teach you the pain of losing a beloved companion, the horror of seeing your precious comrade murdered before your eyes." He kisses the Pokeball. "Go, Onix! Show this rookie true power!"

It's enormous. The giant stone snake must be twenty feet long. How am I expected to beat such a monstrosity? If Clarence dies, I'll be left with just Rick..."Clarence, teach this man the true meaning of absolute defeat!"

"Bind!" Onix moves quickly, faster than I would expect such a giant to move. Clarence tries to dodge, but in such an enclosed area it's no use. He's still weakened from he battle with Diglett...

Clarence lets out a horrific cry as some blood drips down its chin. Internal injury...not good. "Vine Whip!" I yell. "Vine Whip! Come on!" Brock cackles coldly.

"It's no use! There isn't a Pokemon alive that can escape Onix's Bind. He'll squeeze until there's nothing left."

"Come on, Clarence! I believe in you!" With a mighty roar, Onix drops the seed Pokemon. "Quickly, Vine Whip!" I yell.

"Bind him again!" Brock yells. Onix moves quickly again, but this time Clarence is prepared. He runs up Onix's tail and wraps his vines around the great serpent's throat. In a matter of moments, the life has been choked from the Onix and it returns to earth as it came in: as boulders.

"Fine...take this Boulderbadge and the TM Bide and get out of here, you monster," Brock says, choking back the tears. I wonder how long he and that Onix had been comrades for the briefest of moments.

"I guess I'm just like you say, Brock," I say quietly, "cold-blooded."

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wow... that is dark. I'm going to read your past update, but so far it looks like it's going to be good.

@Accent
Great comic. Please continue posting comics of this nature. Also, great idea with archiving the posts. I have been considering making an account on a blog site just to post Pokémon: Black, so it will be archived outside this thread and also so that people will be able to read through easily without searching through forum pages.

As far as my own updates go, I am very busy for the rest of this week, so I plan to do quite a bit of writing over the weekend. I have definitely not lost any enthusiasm for the project, it's just that law school is taking precedence for a few days.
Looking forward to it.

You can find a pokeball in the open on Route 203, two on that patch of Route 207, and get a Great Ball and Dusk Ball from people in Oreburgh. So you actually have access to 10 by this point, I've used 8 of those.
Yes yes, I have found those, but I only used one... Knowing that I won't be able to have as many pokéballs as I want in the future, I thought it would be better to keep them for better pokémons - or is it that easy to come accross pokéballs in the wild? I don't remember.

(i'm not saying one style of play is better than the other of course, i'm just surprised :) )

Diana

Yes yes, I have found those, but I only used one... Knowing that I won't be able to have as many pokéballs as I want in the future, I thought it would be better to keep them for better pokémons - or is it that easy to come accross pokéballs in the wild? I don't remember.

(i'm not saying one style of play is better than the other of course, i'm just surprised :) )
I thought about doing that, but in these games there are really good early Pokemon. Starly, Machop, Geodude... Even Bidoof is awesome. That and I'm about to hit a pretty dull stretch for ingame standards.

Pokeballs aren't that rare, luckily, so I should have enough... If not, oh well, I'll figure it out when I get there, lol. I'd like to try it the other way if I do this a second time though.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
NUZLOCKE
EMERALD

Attempt #3 Update #1, GO!

After losing all my Pokemon on both a Torchic and Mudkip run, I changed the spotlight over to Treecko. I got a Hardy nature Treecko, so no real positives, but no real negatives either. I named him MARIGUANA, after an old Pyroak name submission. May's Torchic was a cinch, since I was at level 8 and 2HKOed with Pound.

Made my way to Route 102 and caught a Relaxed Wurmple! I named him CRAWLEY and I shall love him always. Trained CRAWLEY against the trainers until he evolved into a Cascoon, meaning I'll have a BulkTox. Helped Wally catch his Ralts again, and moved onwards to Route 104, where I caught a Sassy female Marill, who I named ELLIE.

Moved into Petalburg Woods and found a Silcoon. I killed it for not being a Taillow. CRAWLEY handled the Aqua Grunt with ease. Went to the other side of Route 104 and got Bullet Seed, which I taught to Treecko for an anime reference. Avoided the trainers except for the double battle, which MARIGUANA and CRAWLEY murdered in, and made it to Rustboro. Healed and went to Route 116 to find ANOTHER DAMN NINCADA. I squished it with my foot and kicked the innards away into a pile of Poochyena poo out of hatred for not being a Taillow or Abra. Trained here and at Route 104 until CRAWLEY evolved into Dustox. Sweet. Sadly, ELLIE died during training. I didn't like her much, anyways.

After the evolution, I went to Rustboro Gym and swept all the Geodudes with Bullet Seed. MARIGUANA had some trouble, only getting in two hits from the first Bullet Seed, but Rock Tomb missed, and then he got a critical Bullet Seed! We jimped for joy as Roxanne gave us her badge and TM will mourning over her dead compass.

Went to Rusturf Tunnel and caught a Relaxed male Whismur who I named POPPLE. Fought the Aqua Grunt with MARIGUANA and he evolved into Grovyle! Fucking awesome. I trained POPPLE a bit and went to give the Goods back and got a PokeNav. I then sailed to Dewford with Briney and Peeko.

Managed to get through the first floor of Granite Cave without an encounter (!!!!!) and found a male Aron on the second floor. I caught the Lonely Aron and named him TROOPER. I'll have to train him later.

And that's all that happened so far. I'm scared to face Brawley, though :{

CURRENT TEAM:

MARIGUANA - 16 - Hardy - Route 101 - Absorb / Quick Attack / Pursuit / Bullet Seed - A spirited and determined battler, you couldn't ask for a better starter Pokemon. He's a deadly combination of quick and strong, and if Bullet Seed is super effective, you probably won't be able to attack at this point in the game. He's not that much of a team player though, and seems to dislike CRAWLEY's slow and steady battle style.

CRAWLEY - 12 - Relaxed - Route 102 - Tackle / Poison Sting / Confusion / Harden - A slow battler, CRAWLEY does best by letting Poison Sting Poison the opponent and having that damage pile up while spamming harden and Confusion. His sturdiness makes him a great choice when I need to switch. He's also my main choice for weaking Pokemon for capture, due to his poor offensive power.

POPPLE - 10 - Relaxed - Rusturf Tunnel - Pound / Uproar - This guy certainly needs some more training. He's slow and he whines A LOT, but he's strong. I expect him to become a great mixed attacker with time.

TROOPER - 10 - Lonely - Granite Cave - Headbutt / Harden / Mud-slap / Tackle - My newest team member, I don't know him that well. I haven't used him in battle yet, so I don't know what to expect. Hoping for great things, though.

DEAD:

ELLIE - 5 - Sassy - Route 104 - Tackle / Defense Curl - She had Thick Fat and wasn't a Taillow, so I didn't like her from the start. She only won a single battle without help, she back-sassed me all the time. The only thing I regret is I might not have a Surf Pokemon. Rest in pieces.

Diana

I figured I'd post chapter 3 before I went to bed, sometime tomorrow I'll post 4.

Chapter 2: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2560783&postcount=178

I was woken up early again, not like I wanted to... Well, that was an understatement. I had to push Sam off of me twice before I finally gave in the third time. I pretty much rushed to get ready at this point, as I really wanted to head out and get somewhere today. That was a mistake, however, as I was knocked over yet again by Barry, this time from behind.

"Ah, Diana, you already got the badge? I tried to head up to Eterna City, that's where the next gym is, but I can't go up through Route 207 without a bicycle..."

"Ah, I saw that too..." I was going to say more, but like usual, I was interrupted quite quickly.

"I'm going back toward Jubilife! I'll dash off in ten seconds! Ten... Nine... Bah, who has time to count?!"

I couldn't help but sigh when I watched him rush off, his Piplup just helplessly racing after him. How could he pull off running like that with a slower Pokemon like that? Maybe he should have ended up with the quicker Chimchar...

I brushed that feeling off as I fought off a few wild Pokemon with my team, then got another bad feeling as I rounded the corner toward the north. Lucas was there, along with the Professor, with two men dressed in very strange outfits with a G on them there. I missed most of their conversation, but most of what I heard made absolutely no sense at all.

"Diana, come over here and help me fight these two off!" Lucas called out to me, and I knew what to do. I decided to send Kaede out, as its Rock-type had a good advantage on these two Pokemon's types. Lucas used his Turtwig, who had a disadvantage... Luckily, the power of a Wurmple and a Zubat were hilariously low, and it really ended up getting those Pokemon killed.

The grunts bailed out, and Prof. Rowan explained the story to me. Apparently, they were trying to do something with the energy that resulted from Pokemon evolution, which seemed like a strange concept at best. It wouldn't be the last confrontation with them, however.

The path northward and eventually eastward was winding but quite beautiful, and I was enjoying the fresh air. I even got a new Budew, named Hitomi, with one of my last two Pokeballs, to give me my sixth team member. I was caught off guard near a bridge over the nearby river as a little girl ran up to me. "C... Can you help? These evil men took my daddy away and locked him in the Windworks!"

A concerned look came across my face, but I nodded. "All right... I'll find a way." I walked up toward the nearby windworks, finding one last Pokemon to use my last Pokeball, actually a Great Ball, on. This would be a really good backup in case I lost one of my starter Pokemon, though it would be incredibly hard to deal with death, especially for ones I already got close to. This one was a Buizel that I named Colette.

It wasn't hard to find the Galactic member behind this, and I confronted him right away. "All right, I don't know what you're up to, but kidnapping someone? That's low..." Even Sam seemed to be ready to fight.

Of course, words wouldn't sway a criminal. "A child like you has no idea what we're trying to do. Stay out of this... Or you'll feel a world of pain!" He sent out a Glameow, something I knew from my mother. I hadn't seen it in a real battle, but it didn't seem too hard. All I could do was just send Sam out to try to burn it, and it worked. It took a decent amount of damage in return, and I was glad it was over. Too bad he locked himself in... Side trips were annoying.

The grunts back in town among the many flowers teamed up on me, but when one has just a Wurmple and Silcoon, it was almost a joke. The only things I got out of it were surprises. After the first battle, I noticed Sam beginning to grow. I gasped, and soon enough, it grew to a Monferno. I surely had a powerhouse developing, but that wasn't the only surprise.

After battle two, it was Tori that had a turn to evolve to a Staravia. It celebrated, like usual, with a bunch of pecking. It even hurt more with the added strength behind it, and I had to make it go back in its ball.

In the rush, the grunts dropped the needed key, allowing me to go into the windworks. It wasn't a hard trip to a red-haired woman, who I couldn't help but wonder about in the sanity department. Who wears hair like that, and what was she talking about?

"So you're the girl I was told about... You're younger than I expected. No matter, I won't show any mercy!" I wasn't too worried about her Zubat, but when the Purugly showed up, I knew I had issues. I sent out Amaya, my Machop, to duel with it.

I kept calling out for it to Low Kick, and it was obvious that the cat was getting injured. I wasn't sure why the commander was telling it to use Faint Attack, as that just made things easier with the resistance.

"All right... You win fair and square, but we got what we needed out of this. Team, back to Eterna City!" The woman rushed out and the little girl came running in, but I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction. "Eww, daddy, you stink!" she said, though her father had been working for three straight days.

"I'll wash up soon enough..." The man then turned to me after speaking. "I thank you for getting rid of those people. I'm not sure who they were but they were speaking nonsense..."

I chuckled a little. "I got that impression... I guess I'll have to knock them all out then, hm?" I gave a little wink before walking back to town so I could heal my team, ready for the next leg of my journey.

Okay here's the team at this point:

Monferno (Sam) Lv. 14 (M)
Bold
Blaze
-Scratch
-Mach Punch
-Ember
-Taunt

Staravia (Tori) Lv. 14 (F)
Mild
Intimidate
-Tackle
-Growl
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack

Bidoof (Chase) Lv. 13 (M)
Bold
Unaware
-Tackle
-Rollout
-Defense Curl
-Rock Smash

Geodude (Kaede) Lv. 14 (F)
Serious
Sturdy
-Tackle
-Defense Curl
-Rock Throw
-Rock Polish

Machop (Amaya) Lv. 16 (F)
Naive
No Guard
-Low Kick
-Leer
-Focus Energy
-Karate Chop

Budew (Hitomi) Lv. 13 (F)
Quiet
Natural Cure
-Mega Drain
-Growth
-Water Sport
-Stun Spore

In box:
Starly (Kai) Lv. 2 (M)
Modest
Keen Eye
-Tackle
-Growl

Buizel (Colette) Lv. 9 (F)
Lonely
Swift Swim
-Growl
-Water Sport
-Quick Attack
-Water Gun

Part 4

I wander north, hoping to train a bit before I move on... Get used to the death before I'm too far from home... Well, as used to killing as one can get quickly, anyways... I doubt I'll ever truly be used to it...

But that''s not the point. I'm here to train. We run into a Wingull, and I let Deathcock weaken it before I throw a pokeball. I name it Flapjack. Soon after, we run into a Poochyena. I let Deathcock kill this one. We run into a few others, killing all of them. I try not to think about it too much...

Eventually Deathcock starts to look tired, so I swap him out for Ziggy. Before long, all three of them are worn out, so I head back to town to rest for a while. I think... I think I'm ready to move on.

After a break in the pokecenter, I head West, as the Northern path dead-ends. I walk past a kid, and he yells out a challenge at me. I send out Flapjack. He sends out a Poochyena. A few water guns later, the kid's crying over his Poochyena. I don't think it's dead, but it's in pretty rough shape... I feel sorry for the both of them...

A few minutes later I run into a kid with a net. He sends out a Wurmple. Flapjack overpowers it, taking a few bites here and there... He sends out another one with the same result... I hope these kids don't end up too messed up...

Things continue much the same way for a while... A few wild pokemon, mostly trainers. I do come across some interesting trees with berries on them, though. I grab a few -- Maybe somebody can tell me something about them.

Before long, I'm in Petalburg. I stop in at the Pokecenter and take a nap in one of the chairs. A lot's happened today...

------------------------------

Updates will probably be a lot less beefy from now on, and a lot slower in coming. I think I might've trained a bit much already, so there's not really much of a challenge at the moment.

Previous parts here

Taking the challenge on Blue right now, doing pretty well so far I think.

As of right now, I have restarted three times (!) because of the first battle with Blue, which I forgot was a bit of a pain. Still, since then I've done well, having just beaten the second battle with Blue, going to start on Route 2 and Viridian Forest later today.

Will write up and/or draw what I've done when I can be arsed, but here is my team so far:

Cedric - Squirtle Lvl. 10
Juan - Nidoran Lvl. 10

EDIT: Also, in my game I'm going to follow the complete rules except for the Pokeball one and slightly modify the 'no items outside battle' one, because I'll need to use a Moon Stone at one point.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SO I got bored in Pearl and since you don't catch anything worthwhile until the 2nd gym I went and traded over a Gible and Cranidos to have an eventual NUCLEAR POWER TEAM so that I can OHKO everything later on without needing to level-grind.

YES I HAVE DEVELOPED AN EMOTIONAL ATTATCHMENT TO THE NAME 'SCHNEIZEL'

Part 1 of Pearl

My ruleset;
Standard Nuzlocke rules (faint=release / only the first mon of a new area)
- No items INSIDE battle
- No buying anything except a pokeball of the same type when something else dies (thanks Zarator for this one)
- Only 1 HM to be on the team at any one moment
- Only 1 TM per 'Mon (HMs don't count, unlimited)

I just started the challenge on SoulSilver. I'm going with these rules:
-Can only catch first encounter of each area. Areas are counted as new routes, buildings etc.
-It faints, it's gone. 1HP from poison counts as fainting.
-No buying items (except Pokeballs and TMs). Items found or given are fair game.
Just about to hit up the first gym, and not really had trouble so far except the first rival battle, which very nearly had my starter KOed due to misshax.

Team so far:
Andy the Cydaquil - Level 11 (Starter)
Blargh the Sparrow - Level 9 (Route 46)
Kakaka the Rattata - Level 8 (Sprout Tower)
Larry the Ledyba - Level 9 (Route 31)
Hulk Smash the Geodude - Level 10 (Dark Cave)

Gonna try and get Hulk Smash up a level before the gym so he gets Rock Throw

Atempt nr.2 part 1
I woke up one morning in my home the sun was bright everything was fine. I walked outside and heard a scream. I ran to the place where the scream came from. It was prof.Birch being chased by a zigzagoon. He said to take out a pokeball from his bag and battle the zigzagoon. At that second I touched the bag something happened the sky went purple it was geting hard to breathe. But I remembered I needed to help Prof.Birch So I tooked the ball and inside there was a torchick. It used scratch gained a critical hit , but something was difrent zigzagoon was all blody at first it stood for a couple of seconds after that it fell down. Prof.Birch took the zigzagoon to his lab to take a look at it. But he was dead. After a few minutes of silence a man with his face covered walked in to the lab, he said that a virus was released to the world to make pokemon die not faint. he also said that this virus comes from pokemon leugue sixth floor and also mentioned that all the items are poisoned in the marts including pokeballs. the only place where items are clean is the pokemon leugue. The strange man gave us a chip to implent on a pokeball he said that we must heal a pokemon which pokeball is with this chip on the sixt floor of the pokemon leugue to deactivate the virus the strange man left.
Prof.Birch explained that this guy was from international police and whats he saying is probably true. He gave me torchick as a gift which I named chicken.
he said to take his dauther may back here but she wanted to battle and she didnt listen to anything I had no choice but to kill her mudkip. we came back I've explained what happened Prof.Birch gave me a pokedex and five clean pokeballs and told me to go away. I listened on the way to petalburg I've cautch a wingul and a zigzagoon. I told my dad what happened he said that the only way to get to the pokemon leugue is to defeat all 8 hoenn gym leaders so I am going to rusturbo i've met another wingul cautch in and put it in my box for back up in petalburg woods I met a small shroomish and I cautch it I had to defeat team aqua grunt since he wanted to steal some papers from a guy. I got out of petalburg woods and I said to myself I need to train pokemon to chalange roxane without anyone dyeing I cautch a whismur and a nincada. nincada died while training. I went to the gym chalanged roxane both geodudes fall to winguls feat but nosepass comes in and rocktombs my wilngul. wingul died. I was so full of anger I sent out my shroomish to kill that compass. after a long battle compass fell down for the rest of the eternety. part1 end

my curent team:
shroomish named toad lvl 15
whismur named wishy lvl 14
torchick named chicken lvl14
zigzagoon named flufy lvl 14
wingul named feather2 lvl4

dead:
wingul named feather lvl15 cause of death nosepases rock tomb
nincada named bug lvl12 cause of death tailows peck critical hit

*Looks over Accent's guide* Hey, you forgot someone! NAMINGLY ME!

Working on part 4 of Ruby. Yellow is officially on hold.

Diana

Chapter 2: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2560783&postcount=178

Chapter 3: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2561945&postcount=188

Yes, chapter 4 already. Making nice progress here.

As much as I wanted to stay back and enjoy the flowers, I knew I had places to go. The bridge was open at this point, and I took advantage of it, letting Hitomi, my Budew, follow along this time instead. It would enjoy the nearby forest at least.

After a few battles, and Chase evolving to become a Bibarel, I slowed down my walk so the small Pokemon following along wouldn't fall behind. It chirped happily along, even as we made it into the dark forest. To my surprise, a green-haired woman with a Chansey following her came up to me.

"You seem young... But reliable as well. I don't think I can get through the forest alone, could you come with me? My Chansey can keep your Pokemon healthy."

Not having to battle alone and free healing on top of that? This could have been the easiest pick ever. "Sure!" I replied with a smile as we went on our way.

I explained to her where I came from and all and how I got run over a lot, and I learned that she was interested in getting more healing Pokemon. The battles weren't all that hard, though offensively I was basically alone, and I have to admit I was sad to see her go.

After catching Melo, a Shellos, I was just a bridge away from Eterna City now, though what I saw there wasn't quite pretty. There were way too many grunts around, but I couldn't do much. I had to cut down those trees somehow...

"What's your name?" I heard when I was looking. The blonde woman dressed in all black didn't seem to be with them, luckily for me.

"Um... Diana..." I said, not sure how to reply to such a sudden question.

"Hm... Diana... You seem to have potential... Want to get in there? Here, have this." I found myself being offered a little box with something inside. "It'll teach a Pokemon to cut down small trees, but you can't use it out of battle without the badge from the gym here. That shouldn't be a problem for you, however."

Before I knew it, however, I saw her flying off into the distance on a dragon Pokemon that I had never seen before. I knew that if I ever faced her that I'd be in for a fight... I had training to do.

Okay, not that much training, but a little bit off of the few trainers in the little route east of the city. I caught a Meditite named Evan as well, giving me a nice backup crew in my box holding up. But before long I headed into the gym for a real battle.

The four junior trainers in the way seemed like nothing at all, but the leader, Gardenia, wasn't as easy. "A new challenger... I've been looking forward to this." She had a pretty obvious English accent.

"Well, if I'm going to do this I have to go through you... Let's go." The battle at first seemed pretty normal, as her Turtwig and Cherubi went down, though Tori was weakened quite a bit by this. I brought Sam out for Roserade however, trying to use Flame Wheel to weaken it.

I refused to risk it going down, however, and when Roserade was holding up against it, though barely hanging on, I did the unthinkable: I switched in Hitomi. Gardenia ended up laughing at this until she realized that Budew could shrug off the Grass moves.

"N... No way... I lost to that?!" Gardenia wasn't happy to admit defeat, but she had to give me that second badge. I didn't stay to talk this time, though she seemed to want me to at this point, because I had some grunts to go after...

My team:

Monferno (Sam) Lv. 19 (M)
Bold
Blaze
-Scratch
-Mach Punch
-Flame Wheel
-Taunt

Staravia (Tori) Lv. 19 (F)
Mild
Intimidate
-Tackle
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack

Bibarel (Chase) Lv. 18 (M)
Bold
Unaware
-Headbutt
-Rollout
-Water Gun
-Rock Smash

Geodude (Kaede) Lv. 19 (F)
Serious
Sturdy
-Tackle
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Rock Polish

Machop (Amaya) Lv. 19 (F)
Naive
No Guard
-Low Kick
-Leer
-Seismic Toss
-Karate Chop

Budew (Hitomi) Lv. 18 (F)
Quiet
Natural Cure
-Mega Drain
-Growth
-Cut
-Stun Spore

In box:

Starly (Kai) Lv. 2 (M)
Modest
Keen Eye
-Tackle
-Growl

Buizel (Colette) Lv. 9 (F)
Lonely
Swift Swim
-Growl
-Water Sport
-Quick Attack
-Water Gun

Shellos (Melo) Lv. 11 (M)
Lax
Storm Drain
-Mud Sport
-Harden
-Water Pulse
-Mud Bomb

Meditite (Evan) Lv. 13 (M)
Sassy
Pure Power
-Bide
-Meditate
-Confusion
-Detect

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, I failed with all three starters in Emerald. I lost against Wattson with Torchic, Norman with Mudkip and May just swept me with her Focus Energy Combusken with Treecko. I saw everything I held dear to me die and wallow in their own gore. I have seen decapitated Numel, the innards spilling from Marill and Taillow's wings getting ripped off. I have been to Hell in Hoenn. I think it's time to move on from Emerald and move into...

POKEMON FIRE RED!

Time to get out of the pot and get literally into the fire!

Update!
I beat the first gym, rock throwing my way through with Geodude. I went to the ruins of Alpha to explore a bit, and encountered another Geodude from rocksmashing, so caught it.
Route 32 gave me a Mareep, which died to poison from a Weedle whilst I trained it. Union cave also proved fruitless as I KOd the Magikarp I fished up due to a crit. Thinking that by now my luck surely had to change, I tottered off to Route 33, where another crit took out a Hoppip.
Frustration setting in, I headed off to Ilex forest to get Cut, and caught a Weedle. Next up, I headed into the Slowpoke Well, where I caught a Slowpoke, but also lost Blargh the Spearow to a crit from Team Rocket Grunt's Ekans. Togepi popped out of its egg shortly after though, and will soon be filling the Normal/Flying shaped hole in my team. May have to trade myself a Shiny Stone once it evolves though.

Team so far:
Huh? the Slowpoke - Level 9 (Slowpoke Well)
Hulk Smash the Geodude - Level 16 (Dark Cave)
Kakaka the Rattata - Level 14 (Sprout Tower)
Andy the Cydnaquil - Level 13 (Starter)
Larry the Ledyba - Level 13 (Route 31)
Rolfe the Togepi - Level 1 (Mr. Pokemon's Egg)

Box:
Wendy the Weedle - Level 6 (Ilex Forest)
Buff the Geodude - Level 5 (Ruins of Alpha)

Deceased:
Blargh the Spearow - Level 15 (Route 46)

Gonna try and evolve Andy before hitting up Bugsy, since now Blargh's gone he'll have to do all the work...

Prologue and Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

Chapter Four

The Sprout Tower... An endless stream of level 6 bellsprouts thrown at my face, along with the occasional rattatta. Why isn't Pokémon an open world game? Sigh. Here we go.

After climbing up and down a couple of ladders, beating some Sages wandering around and exterminating the vermin hiding in the Tower's dark corners, I finally reach the top. There, I meet Silvan again:

"I only care about pokémons that win battles! Love is useless!"

Heh, he should do a Nuzlocke run. Before I can retort, he escapes through the roof - the escape rope's effect is quite spectacular when witnessed at first hand. At the end of the corridor stands the Elder Li, the one who will determine my ability to fight Falkner.

Current team:
Adeliz, level 12 female sneasel
Sesheta, level 11 female ekans

Current team:
Adeliz, level 13 female sneasel
Sesheta, level 12 female ekans

I'm going to comment on the other stories pretty soon. Also, expect some pretty cool events in the next chapter!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)