Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Not sure if this is the best place to put it but I am RNGing a Shiny Hasty Rayquaza in HeartGold and since the frame I am going for is 8000+ I decided to experiment with save states and talking to my pokemon.

Here are the details

Method K
Seed:06090223
Target Frame: 8258
Roamers pre-save: Raikou: Captured, Entei: 32 Latias: Captured

What I found was the following advancements while sat directly in front of Rayquaza with my Partner stood on the tile below me.

Advancement - Action
28 Frames - <Pokemon> is feeling an unusual presence...
21 Frames - <Pokemon> bumped into <Trainer>!
13 Frames - <Pokemon> is staring straight into <Trainer>'s eyes.
17 Frames - <Pokemon> looked off into the distance and barked!
8 Frames - <Pokemon> let out a roar!
7 Frames - <Pokemon> is making a face like it's angry!

I need help with Pikatimer. Sometimes I get a delay that's a second lower than the target delay. But if input that delay into Pikatimer, it treats it like the delay in the correct second and frigs up my second countdown bigtime. How do I adjust Pikatimer when I have a delay in a totally different second?

Example the target seed has 16 seconds, delay of 496. An attempt to reach my seed gives me a delay of 494 at 15 seconds. How do I adjust Pikatimer without it thinking I meant 494 at 16 seconds? If it thinks I'm at 494 at 16 seconds, it adds only 2 points to adjust, but I'm a whole second off. How do I fix this?

In order to RNG a bred Pokemon into having the specific IVs and whether or not it is shiny you first just RNG for the Shiny form and Nature correct? And then follow that up by RNging for the IVs.

Just want to confirm since today I have all day and will sit my ass down to finally get this RNGing business down.

I still need help stopping at the right frame for my Egg IVs on HGSS.

Here is the Elm Count info.

(E,E,P skipped) E,E,E,E,P,P,P,E,E Roamers at R:31, E:31, L:15

My calibrated starting frame is 3.

I hit my seed. This is what happened when calling Elm: calls started on the second E inward and progressed as follows E,E,P,P,P. Please note that I have been having trouble with missing letters in the Elm calls, probably because of my arthritis. I am probably skipping frames due to NPC movement prior to getting the Pokegear up and running. And just so you know, there are no Elms calls for 10 seconds plus or minus beginning E,E,P,P,P and I am not so bad at hitting my target that I go off more than a second either way. I was on my target at 16 seconds.

Where am I supposed to stop calling Elm? Please show me on the Elm call list above so I know the exact letter.

I took a break from HGSS for a few days, but I really need to have this verified in the simplest manner possible so as to avoid further confusion on my part.

So maybe if you could cut and paste the list above and change the correct stopping letter to red or something like that?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In order to RNG a bred Pokemon into having the specific IVs and whether or not it is shiny you first just RNG for the Shiny form and Nature correct? And then follow that up by RNging for the IVs.

Just want to confirm since today I have all day and will sit my ass down to finally get this RNGing business down.
yup you got the order correct.

when egg abusing IV's in HG, i read that your starting frame is always 3. so say i wanted to hti a frame of 5. i'd stand in front of the daycare man, call twice, and then collect egg and check? this is what I have been doing recently to check my seed and everything.

1.turn on game and set time to 17:01 (target time is 17:02:14)
2.synch clock with ds and power up ar.
3.when clock gets to 1:00 or slightly before, start game and press A pretty quickly.
4.right when I see myself in front of daycareman, call elm twice. I know the seed has like 4 or 5 kanto calls, so if i get 2 I check the egg.
5. If the calls do not have 2 K's, then I quickly run into grass and catch pokemon to check seed.

does all of this sound correct? I'm pretty sure I haven't hit the target time through my seed checks, so I know I just have to keep trying. Just want to make sure what I've done up to that is all correct.

P.S.- Thanks to Chamommy for her abusing for shiny eggs guide was able to do it to get the shiny pokemon with right nature and ability :D now just gotta get those ivs!!

P.S.- Thanks to Chamommy for her abusing for shiny eggs guide was able to do it to get the shiny pokemon with right nature and ability :D now just gotta get those ivs!!
I wish I could help you with the IVs too, but I still need help with that as well. :-(

See above your post. It really sucks. This frame thing is confusing me. I may off the roamers again.

when egg abusing IV's in HG, i read that your starting frame is always 3. so say i wanted to hti a frame of 5. i'd stand in front of the daycare man, call twice, and then collect egg and check? this is what I have been doing recently to check my seed and everything.

1.turn on game and set time to 17:01 (target time is 17:02:14)
2.synch clock with ds and power up ar.
3.when clock gets to 1:00 or slightly before, start game and press A pretty quickly.
4.right when I see myself in front of daycareman, call elm twice. I know the seed has like 4 or 5 kanto calls, so if i get 2 I check the egg.
5. If the calls do not have 2 K's, then I quickly run into grass and catch pokemon to check seed.

does all of this sound correct? I'm pretty sure I haven't hit the target time through my seed checks, so I know I just have to keep trying. Just want to make sure what I've done up to that is all correct.

You starting frame is not always 3. Simply begin by checking your seed by calling Elm, leave one frame until you get to your seed, get out of the Pokegear and talk to the Daycare Man. There is a wandering NPC at the bottom of the route which should advance your frame by one more so you will hit your wanted frame.

I still need help stopping at the right frame for my Egg IVs on HGSS.

Here is the Elm Count info.

My calibrated starting frame is 3.

I hit my seed. This is what happened when calling Elm: calls started on the second E inward and progressed as follows E,E,P,P,P. Please note that I have been having trouble with missing letters in the Elm calls, probably because of my arthritis. I am probably skipping frames due to NPC movement prior to getting the Pokegear up and running. And just so you know, there are no Elms calls for 10 seconds plus or minus beginning E,E,P,P,P and I am not so bad at hitting my target that I go off more than a second either way. I was on my target at 16 seconds.

Where am I supposed to stop calling Elm? Please show me on the Elm call list above so I know the exact letter.

I took a break from HGSS for a few days, but I really need to have this verified in the simplest manner possible so as to avoid further confusion on my part.

So maybe if you could cut and paste the list above and change the correct stopping letter to red or something like that?
First of all, nobody will be able to help you unless you say WHICH frame are you aiming for. Your starting frame is already implied by that (E, E, P skipped).

Also, posting your seed will help greatly, since we can actually TEACH you how to fish, instead of simply giving you the fishes.

As for the other post, about pikatimer: just get the value from the first timer and add it to the value on the second timer. If the result is greater or lower than

(Minutes Before Target * 60) + Wanted Seconds

You'll need to change your first timer until you have that result for the equation above.

You starting frame is not always 3. Simply begin by checking your seed by calling Elm, leave one frame until you get to your seed, get out of the Pokegear and talk to the Daycare Man. There is a wandering NPC at the bottom of the route which should advance your frame by one more so you will hit your wanted frame.
I'm sorry, but that advice doesn't help me. I need to know exactly where I should have stopped calling Elm per my list of Elm calls that I copied. I'm trying to keep this very simple so I can get results and not more confusion. I very much need to keep this very simple. Showing me where I should stop on that list is as simple as I can think of getting.

I always have a frame of 3 when doing this egg. I've checked many times to be sure.

So where should I have stopped calling Elm in that list if I was aiming for a frame of 9, please?

First of all, nobody will be able to help you unless you say WHICH frame are you aiming for. Your starting frame is already implied by that (E, E, P skipped).

Also, posting your seed will help greatly, since we can actually TEACH you how to fish, instead of simply giving you the fishes.

As for the other post, about pikatimer: just get the value from the first timer and add it to the value on the second timer. If the result is greater or lower than

(Minutes Before Target * 60) + Wanted Seconds

You'll need to change your first timer until you have that result for the equation above.
Here is the seed I'm working with 510701FA.

Position saved with roamers at R 38 E 35 L 24

Here is the results I'm supposed to get

I have gotten to the above seed per Elm calls and roamer position, but I have yet to get my IVs. As I've stated in the previous post, I am uncertain when to stop calling Elm.

I have verified that on this particular egg, I seem to start at frame 3 every time when I calibrate. It is possible, because of arthritis, I have bad days or even minutes where I slow down punching the A button and especially getting into the Pokegear.

After verifying Roamer positions, when calling Elm, I often have at least two skipped calls. Sometimes I have three skipped. Sometimes I have none.

You would miss the first three because of the roamers so your first frame when you call Elm should be E. You need to immediately open the Pokegear when you get in, I am not sure whether or not going to the Map does anything, especially seeing you have roamers out. Are you using them for anything though? If not you can just kill them off right now as they make no difference, you're calling Elm either way.

You begin on Frame 3 because of the three roamers, talking to the Daycare Man does not affect the frame you are on. This tells me you should be able to open your Pokegear before the NPC moves advancing your frame by one. So open the Pokegear to the phone, if you really don't want to kill the roamers you can leave them alone, but just open directly to this. When you call Elm now you will be on frame 4 with E, call him 6 more times and you should be on frame 10 and Elms response should have been P now and before if you hit your seed. Right now get out of the Pokegear and try to talk to the Day-Care Man as quickly as you can, the NPC at the bottom of the route will advance your frame by ONE which will make you get to frame 11.

You would miss the first three because of the roamers so your first frame when you call Elm should be E. You need to immediately open the Pokegear when you get in, I am not sure whether or not going to the Map does anything, especially seeing you have roamers out. Are you using them for anything though? If not you can just kill them off right now as they make no difference, you're calling Elm either way.

You begin on Frame 3 because of the three roamers, talking to the Daycare Man does not affect the frame you are on. This tells me you should be able to open your Pokegear before the NPC moves advancing your frame by one. So open the Pokegear to the phone, if you really don't want to kill the roamers you can leave them alone, but just open directly to this. When you call Elm now you will be on frame 4 with E, call him 6 more times and you should be on frame 10 and Elms response should have been P now and before if you hit your seed. Right now get out of the Pokegear and try to talk to the Day-Care Man as quickly as you can, the NPC at the bottom of the route will advance your frame by ONE which will make you get to frame 11.
All right. So taking what you said and using it for a target frame of 9, I should have stopped at the first P.

(E,E,P skipped) E (this was 4),E,E,E,P (this should have been 8),P (and this is 9),P,E,E Roamers at R:31, E:31, L:15

Last time I definitely called Elm one time too many because I stopped at the second P and failed, of course.

Thanks, Human.

Edit: I'm seriously thinking of offing the Roamers. But if I succeed even once while they're still there, I'd be very happy.

so if my starting frame was 5 (i no bad choice but didn't realize i was gonna have to do this lol) I'd go into game, call elm, and if i got K first then just pick up the egg? then rinse, lather, repeat if I don't get the results? lol

so if my starting frame was 5 (i no bad choice but didn't realize i was gonna have to do this lol) I'd go into game, call elm, and if i got K first then just pick up the egg? then rinse, lather, repeat if I don't get the results? lol
It depends on how many roamers you have. If you have all three then yes, which would make it a bad choice, if you have none then 5 isn't that bad, you can call Elm 4 times to make sure you hit your seed then get the egg.

I'm using the time finder to find a shiny egg in hg ss with an international ditto, my delay spread is 489-497. I've tryed a bunch of dates to see if I could get an egg and nothing seems to appear and I have also noticed that my SID changes when I hit generate. Should I keep entering dates and hope for a shiny or is there an easier way to do this?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm using the time finder to find a shiny egg in hg ss with an international ditto, my delay spread is 489-497. I've tryed a bunch of dates to see if I could get an egg and nothing seems to appear and I have also noticed that my SID changes when I hit generate. Should I keep entering dates and hope for a shiny or is there an easier way to do this?
Your sid changes when you hit generate? Huh?

I'm sorry, but that advice doesn't help me. I need to know exactly where I should have stopped calling Elm per my list of Elm calls that I copied. I'm trying to keep this very simple so I can get results and not more confusion. I very much need to keep this very simple. Showing me where I should stop on that list is as simple as I can think of getting.

I always have a frame of 3 when doing this egg. I've checked many times to be sure.

So where should I have stopped calling Elm in that list if I was aiming for a frame of 9, please?

Here is the seed I'm working with 510701FA.

Position saved with roamers at R 38 E 35 L 24

Here is the results I'm supposed to get

I have gotten to the above seed per Elm calls and roamer position, but I have yet to get my IVs. As I've stated in the previous post, I am uncertain when to stop calling Elm.

I have verified that on this particular egg, I seem to start at frame 3 every time when I calibrate. It is possible, because of arthritis, I have bad days or even minutes where I slow down punching the A button and especially getting into the Pokegear.

After verifying Roamer positions, when calling Elm, I often have at least two skipped calls. Sometimes I have three skipped. Sometimes I have none.
Here is what you need to do:

Get the seed (510701FA) and input in RNG Reporter's first screen.

Select Breeding (HGSS) as the method, check the three boxes for the roamers, and input the routes where they were saved. Then, click Generate. You'll have a screen like that:

Now, the first three calls are skipped, as you can see in the "Elm responses for Seed" area. So, I've clicked the line with Frame 4 on the grid of results.

Now, if you call Elm, you'll receive the message about Evolution. In that seed of yours, though, that doesn't confirm you on frame 4 yet, since the next calls are also Evolution.

What you need to do, then, is each time you call Elm and receive an Evolution message, you press down and go to the next line. That's because after you call Elm and receive a message, you advance the frame by 1.

So, for your seed, it's actually pretty easy: after the first time you see a message about Pokerus, you just stop calling Elm, because the next frame will be 9. You need, then, to press B and get the egg as fast as possible.

OMG, Pehu. It's so easy, it's noob-proof. Thank you very much. :-) You're a gem.

When I was doing this, I was inputting the IVs I wanted, so of course I only had two results that didn't help show the frames from 1 onward.

So now I know what to do. Seed to Time helps me target my correct seed with the correct IVs for Pikatimer, while the main window of RNG Reporter lets me do a countdown without actually counting but I ignore the IV section because it gets in the way of verifying my Elm calls. I finally understand what you meant. :-)

Glad I could finally help you, and sorry if I seemed a little upset on the last few days. Had some personal problems and let it go on you. Sorry again, and good luck from now on.

No worries. I hold no grudges. It's not like I'm perfect. :-)

Truly, you're a gem. You kept trying to help despite my utter, what is it, obliviousness. *insert smiling bidoof*

Edit, I think I can make a Noob guide now. Do I have permission to link that post in my guide?

No worries. I hold no grudges. It's not like I'm perfect. :-)

Truly, you're a gem. You kept trying to help despite my utter, what is it, obliviousness. *insert smiling bidoof*

Edit, I think I can make a Noob guide now. Do I have permission to link that post in my guide?
Go ahead, I hope my post can help more people RNG successfully.

When RNGing for Lati@s right before fighting Lance, do I have to keep track of my frame or is there a trick that will show me what frame I am at? Unfortunately, the avatar's phone sucks and can't get signal when trying to call Elm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)